• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still has the most likes on twitter today despite her reveal as rare blade being in 2017. I think that's been holding up pretty well. Also we have the recent figurine news. I just verified myself by going through Xenobladejp twitter. So yes I think we can say that she is because otherwise she wouldn't outsell Pyra/Mythra figurines right?
At this point, it's just a waiting game to see whether or not Bandai Namco gets a spot

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
I think he might be wondering if people will like the next character or not
The problem with these latter characters is that they must bear the brunt of hate for those fans who have not had their favorite character.

I'm optimistic I think this time it will come out either Crash or KOS-MOS.

What I am completely sure is that KOS-MOS will end up coming out, and will be loved and recognized at last. Hopefully this helps Monolith more to continue with the Xenoblade saga .. and .. who knows, we may have news of something new from Monolith Soft

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Well well well. All smash news aside, I have high expectations for this one. It's been forever since the last proper direct back in September 2019 with Terry and Xenoblade Definitive Edition being revealed. But more importantly, I think this just subtly confirmed my little theory a while ago on how Sakurai and the dev team returning to the office building has made developing DLC characters easier and therefore come out faster.

Think about it.

Min min was formerly revealed during June 2020 when the pandemic has taken full effect. After her it took roughly 4 months later for Steve to be revealed and released in October. Both presentations have the distinction of taking place in Sakurai's home and we found out Steve was being worked on since August. But then during the Sephiroth presentation we found out the smash team returned to their office building and we got him both revealed and released in December. Only a mere 2 months after Steve. This could mean we can expect a new character every 2 months from now on. If true, that would mean after this hypothetical reveal, the next one will be in April, or if they wanted to wait for it, E3 (June.) If It's Crash, it might hurt the 5chan leak.

And to get a little conspiratorial...

Hoho rhymes with Touhou.

Its Februrary. The anniversary month of Xenosaga Episode 1.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't think "Hoho" means anything or hints at anything in particular. All I can think of is that one rich lady trope in Japanese media where she puts one hand on her hip, and a hand to her mouth and...

Wait, maybe he's trying to tell us that Luviagelita is in Smash?
__luviagelita_edelfelt_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_takeuchi_takashi__5ff7d5b77d0227813820605395d9...png

Finally... our long-awaited Fate rep
kappa.png
kappa.png
kappa.png

I do feel CP9 will be on the more 'niche' side. I personally want Arle to fill in, but Reimu or KOS-MOS would be great choices.
I'm hoping the character is niche, personally. If it's someone big like Crash, that doesn't leave any room for any lesser-known character at E3.

Last edited:

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet
Wow we are definitely getting the next character. Sakurai on Twitter said “hoho if there is smash info hoho” what does that mean?

View attachment 303327
That is really interesting, all it means though I think is that Sakurai didn’t want them to announce the Smash reveal beforehand so it could be a surprise during the Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo said “lol no we want people to tune in we haven’t had a Direct in forever” and he’s just poking fun at that. Also I feel like the “information on Ultimate” part of the Direct announcement is a little misleading since I predict it’ll just be a quick tease like Terry’s reveal instead of a ton of information and being the main focus, but who knows. I really just think Sakurai wanted it to be a surprise since the last one was so recently.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
That is really interesting, all it means though I think is that Sakurai didn’t want them to announce the Smash reveal beforehand so it could be a surprise during the Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo said “lol no we want people to tune in we haven’t had a Direct in forever” and he’s just poking fun at that. Also I feel like the “information on Ultimate” part of the Direct announcement is a little misleading since I predict it’ll just be a quick tease like Terry’s reveal instead of a ton of information and being the main focus, but who knows. I really just think Sakurai wanted it to be a surprise since the last one was so recently.
This doesn't necessarily have to be a reveal. More modes like smash run and squad strike online?! balance patch? Online sucking less? anything goes really.

No matter what happens, we've got to keep a level head
Yeah if I'm being honest I'm scared for the right and wrong reasons. On one hand, finally a new general direct. On the other, the Crei-MOS dreaam could die.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If she were announced tomorrow they could do her presentation on the day Xenosaga's anniversary happened (28th) so it would be another Sephiroth situation. But look.... better not to set ourselves up for disappointment.
Isn’t the 28th a Sunday tho?

then again I think Hero’s presentation happened on a Sunday our time. Don’t quote me on that tho

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think "Hoho" means anything or hints at anything in particular. All I can think of is that one rich lady trope in Japanese media where she puts one hand on her hip, and a hand to her mouth and...

View attachment 303349
View attachment 303350View attachment 303350View attachment 303350

I'm hoping the character is niche, personally. If it's someone big like Crash, that doesn't leave any room for any lesser-known character at E3.
Manm it would be amusing to have an OHOHOHOHOHO laughing lady in smash finally.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Isn’t the 28th a Sunday tho?

then again I think Hero’s presentation happened on a Sunday our time. Don’t quote me on that tho
Unfortunately, it didn't. It was definitely a weekday. He doesn't have to allude to the anniversary specifically on its actual date, so the presentation can still take place in the last week of February, or sometime within March. If KOS-MOS ends up happening, that would bolster Reimu's chances as well. The whole East and West thing with her and Crash would be perfect for E3. Here's to hoping, eh?

Manm it would be amusing to have an OHOHOHOHOHO laughing lady in smash finally.
I mean, Tron Bonne is technically already in Ultimate... in Spirit
kappa.png

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, it didn't. It was definitely a weekday. He doesn't have to allude to the anniversary specifically on its actual date, so the presentation can still take place in the last week of February, or sometime within March. If KOS-MOS ends up happening, that would bolster Reimu's chances as well. The whole East and West thing with her and Crash would be perfect for E3. Here's to hoping, eh?

I mean, Tron Bonne is technically already in Ultimate... in Spirit
View attachment 303377
Man Now I am sad we aren't getting more Tron Bonne in anything offical.

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
Well well well. All smash news aside, I have high expectations for this one. It's been forever since the last proper direct back in September 2019 with Terry and Xenoblade Definitive Edition being revealed. But more importantly, I think this just subtly confirmed my little theory a while ago on how Sakurai and the dev team returning to the office building has made developing DLC characters easier and therefore come out faster.

Think about it.

Min min was formerly revealed during June 2020 when the pandemic has taken full effect. After her it took roughly 4 months later for Steve to be revealed and released in October. Both presentations have the distinction of taking place in Sakurai's home and we found out Steve was being worked on since August. But then during the Sephiroth presentation we found out the smash team returned to their office building and we got him both revealed and released in December. Only a mere 2 months after Steve. This could mean we can expect a new character every 2 months from now on. If true, that would mean after this hypothetical reveal, the next one will be in April, or if they wanted to wait for E3, June. If It's Crash, it might hurt the 5chan leak.

And to get a little conspiratorial...

Hoho rhymes with Touhou.

Its Februrary. The anniversary month of Xenosaga Episode 1.
To answer your last quote. I think something for KOS-MOS should be relevant for Xenosaga's 10th anniversery, since this year it's the 9th.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Hoho. " " Hoho. Two 'Ho's and two 'Hoho's. Using hiragana and katakana to distinguish Japanese and foreign words (though I am no expert in Moon speak), respectively. Two characters announced! One Japanese, and one foreign! Just kidding! I do not believe that, but speculate away~! Hee ho!

View attachment 303349
View attachment 303350View attachment 303350View attachment 303350

Hm, Astraea is out in FGO NA in April, so I am not expecting Luvia. XD But, an oujo-sama would be a welcome personality! (Probably too toxic. Ohoho!)

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
i think is gonna be eggman listen, what we can do for real is pray Fortnite dose not come even as close as possible to smash.

ALso is it also possible to go tell Harada san on his twitter Kos-Mos for smash????? will it help? XD

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
i think is gonna be eggman listen, what we can do for real is pray Fortnite dose not come even as close as possible to smash.

ALso is it also possible to go tell Harada san on his twitter Kos-Mos for smash????? will it help? XD
I reeeeealy do not think Fortnite is coming to Smash. Haha. I do not think Smash will go for a back-to-back villain reveal, either. Eggman could get in later, mind. A lot of people on here are more concerned about the Crash/Reimu/KOS-MOS "leak" right now, though.

Saying ANYTHING about Ultimate to Harada will probably only antagonize him. Either way, FP2 was already decided before Byleth was released.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice

I strongly advise against that. Last time people mentioned him on twitter for smash characters, he seemed really upset at the amount of spam he got. He even mentioned how he will deliberately ask Sakurai to not put said characters in smash (which I doubt because Nintendo is the one picking the DLC not him.)

Either way, it's best not to incur Harada's wrath LOL.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
This guy puts a smile on my face:

i mean if this is not convincing what else? XD Just watch he's right

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet

Unfortunately, any speculation on his part may fall on deaf ears or may be biased since he is obviously a big Xenosaga fan. His profile picture certainly lends to that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo jumping in to wish y'all luck in your favorite android girl tonight.

Though not a supporter of KOS-MOS she would be a nice and fun addition and would much prefer Elma, but if she got in instead she'd be a good alternative not to mention another female rep in the pass.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice

Ah right. That video. I linked it not too long ago and only now did I realize he predicted the 2 characters you want for smash. With that being said, I do think some of his points are outdated and I don't agree with everything he said. Still, Dante and KOS-MOS would be awesome even as someone who doesn't actively support the character.

Luty

Smash Cadet
Ah right. That video. I linked it not too long ago and only now did I realize he predicted the 2 characters you want for smash. With that being said, I do think some of his points are outdated and I don't agree with everything he said. Still, Dante and KOS-MOS would be awesome even as someone who doesn't actively support the character.
They are my two most wanted characters, too. That is why I have to be so skeptical about this video in particular.

Top Bottom