• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm skeptical about that Geoff stuff to be honest. Mainly because if it is Namco it wouldnt be under wraps by Geoff but Harada. He would likely be misleading the leakers. Harada also hates spammers so I think he'd be pissed at this.

If only Geoff and game awards people know the character it just simply isn't possible this time around imo.

D

Deleted member

I'm skeptical about that Geoff stuff to be honest. Mainly because if it is Namco it wouldnt be under wraps by Geoff but Harada. He would likely be misleading the leakers. Harada also hates spammers so I think he'd be pissed at this.

If only Geoff and game awards people know the character it just simply isn't possible this time around imo.
And considering that...Bamco has some of the tightest leak security ever.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice

Question Dinah, do you think Haradawill make a deal with Monolift and Nintendo for Xenosaga Remaster? all i know again is that a copyright was signed last year for the 3rd game, and i'm still here speculating FP5 by the way, if in season 2 there is a Namco character sigh ^^.

I wish i really wish Namco and Sakurai could listen to the fans and add the characters that really matters, this past week trolls once again ignited the hype for Steve,Doomguy, Jonesy(Fortnite) i mean they are continue saying this characters are top tier all they are doing is pissing us off, i continue to hate the fact that Kos-Mos is being Ignored and the KH trailer made it clear that KH is top mainstream than Xenosaga or any other game and Next year is FF7 and P5Royal, anyways i still hoping we see Kos-Mos and Xenosaga return.

D

Deleted member

I wish i really wish Namco and Sakurai could listen to the fans and add the characters that really matters, this past week trolls once again ignited the hype for Steve,Doomguy, Jonesy(Fortnite) i mean they are continue saying this characters are top tier all they are doing is pissing us off, i continue to hate the fact that Kos-Mos is being Ignored and the KH trailer made it clear that KH is top mainstream than Xenosaga or any other game and Next year is FF7 and P5Royal, anyways i still hoping we see Kos-Mos and Xenosaga return
She does matter you know.

Hmm...what would you say about female characters?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Question Dinah, do you think Haradawill make a deal with Monolift and Nintendo for Xenosaga Remaster? all i know again is that a copyright was signed last year for the 3rd game, and i'm still here speculating FP5 by the way, if in season 2 there is a Namco character sigh ^^.

I wish i really wish Namco and Sakurai could listen to the fans and add the characters that really matters, this past week trolls once again ignited the hype for Steve,Doomguy, Jonesy(Fortnite) i mean they are continue saying this characters are top tier all they are doing is pissing us off, i continue to hate the fact that Kos-Mos is being Ignored and the KH trailer made it clear that KH is top mainstream than Xenosaga or any other game and Next year is FF7 and P5Royal, anyways i still hoping we see Kos-Mos and Xenosaga return.
Honestly, Sakurai would totally add another xenoblade character if it wasn’t for the **** timing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, Sakurai would totally add another xenoblade character if it wasn’t for the **** timing.
There could be one post-pass, I see that.

I once said that Bamco had the strongest leak police, eh? Well, Tekken 7 content's out, so they can bleed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The fact that Verge is doubling down on "no Namco" is worrying. He was adamant on the Grinch Leak being completely false (for the most part) last year, and look at where naysaying got us. I'm not saying he can't be wrong, but we should assume the worst considering how sus Sabi is acting right now. It feels like she knows something is up, but doesn't want to come out and say it.

Other leakers have turned against her as well, and the trip!anon who was responsible for the TGA leaks claims Sabi is lying and that she shares the same source with Verge. If that's true, wouldn't that mean there's no Namco rep after all? Or is the leaker suggesting that the insider is feeding both of them mixed info? I honestly don't know what to believe. I still expect a Western rep at TGA, but I want to be wrong.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The fact that Verge is doubling down on "no Namco" is worrying. He was adamant on the Grinch Leak being completely false (for the most part) last year, and look at where naysaying got us. I'm not saying he can't be wrong, but we should assume the worst considering how sus Sabi is acting right now. It feels like she knows something is up, but doesn't want to come out and say it.

Other leakers have turned against her as well, and the trip!anon who was responsible for the TGA leaks claims Sabi is lying and that she shares the same source with Verge. If that's true, wouldn't that mean there's no Namco rep after all? Or is the leaker suggesting that the insider is feeding both of them mixed info? I honestly don't know what to believe. I still expect a Western rep at TGA, but I want to be wrong.
Vergeben hasn’t touch jack on the dlc fighters. He’s been trolled a lot by Harada.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben hasn’t touch jack on the dlc fighters. He’s been trolled a lot by Harada.
Well...Harada kinda got pissed that his recent game's newest DLC pack got leaked by Microsoft nonetheless.

Y'all know what I want, I just want a female. It just HAS to be.

D

Deleted member

The fact that Verge is doubling down on "no Namco" is worrying. He was adamant on the Grinch Leak being completely false (for the most part) last year, and look at where naysaying got us. I'm not saying he can't be wrong, but we should assume the worst considering how sus Sabi is acting right now.
Well not to get into conspiracy theories over Sabi because that's probably what she wants, but I do agree that Namco fans are pretty much having to hope Verge had a bad source. Verge's fighter guesses are pretty perfect and we have proof that he at least knows info thanks to his Erdrick and anti-Grinch movement.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I saw that too but that's the same guy that said clock tower remaster is coming. It's possible the leak is real..... and Sabi is saying no Namco is not out yet to save face and piggyback off it. However, Sabi said RE3 remake will be at state of play which lends some credence that KH might be shown at the game awards. I wouldn't count Sabi out just yet but that anon might have a point for sure.

And then we have a possible SMT V reveal coming with this tweet. Coincidence?

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I saw that too but that's the same guy that said clock tower remaster is coming. It's possible the leak is real..... and Sabi is saying no Namco is not out yet to save face and piggyback off it. However, Sabi said RE3 remake will be at state of play which lends some credence that KH might be shown at the game awards. I wouldn't count Sabi out just yet but that anon might have a point for sure.

And then we have a possible SMT V reveal coming with this tweet. Coincidence?

You know what, if it turns out the tweet means more than "Shuddup, it doesn't exist. Leave us alone.", then that would be a real treat for us SMT fans. I know I'd be stoked to see the game after years of absence, but a few of us in the SMT circle are pretty cynical toward Atlus given how many belly rubs they've been giving Persona 5 lately. And of course, this would in turn give a bit more credence to the TGA leaks, assuming no red herrings are thrown in there.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean they announced SMTV over 3 years ago now. I assume they never cancled it, so if they finally have something to show then great!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I did some research into her combat capabilities and have crafted what I believe to be a good moveset for her. I might not be faithful to the Xenosaga incarnation, as I only know her from her XC2 appearance, but hopefully it does scream KOS-MOS.

Jab: KOS-MOS swipes twice with two blades before unleashing a barrage from her minigun.

F-tilt: KOS-MOS fires a single energy shot from a gun arm. This oddly doesn’t count as a projectile, deals electrical damage and has immense range that decays damage as it goes further out.

U-tilt: KOS-MOS fires the F-B-Shot. This has some decent damage and range, but the hitbox is very narrow.

D-tilt: KOS-MOS swings the F-Scythe down in front of her.

Dash Attack: KOS-MOS performs a downward slash with R-Blade that creates a burst of energy in front of her.

Grab: KOS-MOS reaches out and grapples the opponent with R-Dragon. She squeezes the opponent to deal damage.

F-throw: KOS-MOS reels back and throws the opponent with a mighty heave.

D-throw: KOS-MOS releases the opponent and fires from above, creating a burst of energy that launches the opponent.

B-throw: KOS-MOS whirls the opponent behind her and releases.

U-throw: KOS-MOS points the R-Dragon upwards and shoots them upwards.

N-air: KOS-MOS whirls sideways, slashing anyone in her path with R-Blades.

F-air: KOS-MOS fires a shot from a mounted rocket launcher in front of her. Based on her F-R-Shot.

D-air: KOS-MOS slashes downwards with F-Scythe. This has deceptively long range and has a spike hitbox at the apex of the arc.

B-air: KOS-MOS creates an explosion from her upper back behind her. Loosely based on her F-M-Shot.

U-air: KOS-MOS curls forwards and creates a barrage of missiles from her back that explode near her.

Side Smash: KOS-MOS reels back and causes a drill on her arm to spin. Upon release, the move has some good range and deals multiple hits, like a cross between Corrin’s and Bowser Jr.’s Side Smashes.

Up Smash: KOS-MOS fires a barrage of missiles upwards from her back. This doesn’t have much range, but has immense kill potential. Based on her F-M-Shot.

Down Smash: KOS-MOS lifts both her arms, which now adorn large hammers, and smashes on both sides of her. The hammers themselves deal large amounts of damage, but the burst of energy they create on impact also deal damage, albeit at a much lower rate.

Neutral B: G-Shot: KOS-MOS summons a large triple-barreled minigun and after a brief charge period, pulls the trigger, firing for as long as she has charged. This move can be aimed while charging, as well as while firing, but the latter is far more slow. In addition, the shots, while sharing the same hitbox properties as Bayonetta’s Bullet Arts or Joker’s Gun, also deals hitstun.

Side B: R-Cannon: KOS-MOS aims in front of her and fires a large multi-colored projectile that explodes on impact with an opponent. R-Cannon is powerful, and has good range, but shielding against the projectile does not trigger the explosion, and the attack can be reflected, absorbed or pocketed.

Up B: Valkyrie II: KOS-MOS slashes with two swords twice, the second one propelling her upwards. By pressing the B button again, KOS-MOS can fire a large red projectile downwards that explodes on hit. If you hit with the projectile, but not the sword slashes, the projectile will meteor spike.

Down B: X-BUSTER: KOS-MOS charges with immense energy for a bit before releasing a large barrage of lasers in front of her from the core on her chest. This deals immense damage and has some great range, but it’s slow and leaves KOS-MOS open.

Final Smash: D-TENERITAS: KOS-MOS fires a single large projectile from her chest. It travels in a straight line, but it has a unique property: the projectile also counts as a command grab. When it hits an opponent, it activates, frying anyone inside and racking up some good damage.

In short, KOS-MOS is a high-utility zoner with immense range and projectile diversity. Her ability to rack up and kill with her many variety of guns and weapons gives her a high KO potential and her recovery with Valkyrie is exceptional. However, quite a few of her melee attacks are very short in range, and some of her specials have a rather large window of warning before coming out. In addition, her mediocre mobility and some of her more telegraphed moves make her very exploitable, meaning positioning as KOS-MOS is very important.

Again, I might not be faithful. There might be some things here that I'm missing, but hey, I tried, right? :)

Last edited:

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
I know I said I would check out, but I've actually been thinking about a possible KOS-MOS moveset as well. Though, i actually focus on her specials instead of the main kit. What i would do, is have a short-range projectile as neutral b, like a cannon blast. Simple, ment mostly to help control space in neutral. Her side B would be from project x zone, as either she or T-elos (can't remember which) have a move where they kinda jump and kick their leg down in an axe motion to pin their opponent to the ground, and fire a gun at them point blank. Basically, it would work a bit like corrin's skewer, but it has 3 very different ranges, like the Belmont's axes, depending on if you hold the analog sick forwards, back or neutral when using it. backwards would be about corrin's range, forwards would be about half a stage, and neutral would be in-between. Naturally she would be sent with the kick, giving her very good mobility. the kick would bury the opponent in the ground, but the kick only comes out by pressing a button, again like corrin's skewer. A successful kick is followed automatically by the gun shot, dealing lots of damage but not launching very far. the kick would launch sideways in the air. Now, the main ability of KOS-MOS would be the BOOST meter. in Xenosaga, the boost meter fills when attacking and stores charges. When a charge is used, it gives you another turn in the turn list, essentially meaning you get to make multiple moves before the round would end normally. This would translate into smash as a meter that, when filled (max around 2 stocks), allows you to use down-B to cancel any attack animation or recovery frames. It only fills when attacking, however. So what this allows is, say you use an unsafe aerial on a shielding opponent. with a stock of boost, press down b to cancel the attack animation and follow up with whatever, or jump to safety. combined with side b, this would let KOS-MOS have immense mobility and rushdown potential. You could side b and cancel it early so you don't attack, instead travelling across the stage quickly, then use side b again to retreat if you want. But say you tech chase someone with side-b successfully and land the bury. Connecting with the gun won't kill, so you down b to cancel that part, leaving the opponent buried, then f-smash, now killing them. The downsides to this kind of moveset is that her down b dosen't do anything without a boost stock, and since she only gains boost with attacks, she has to have good fundamentals to win neutral. So basically, she is extremely rushdown, but can struggle to actually get to the point where her rushdown is effective. The boost cancels would also allow for free-flow and unique combos. I actually don't like my idea for an up-b too much, but the idea i have is a teleport like palutena's but holding down b will teleport a shorter range and unleash a spiking kick from where KOS-MOS appears. KOS-MOS won't grab ledges during the kick, but will immediately afterwards, as well as send her into free-fall. the teleport can't be canceled normally, but the kick version can be. This lets her punish careless edge guards. that's my idea for a move set, anyways. I didn't mention any normals, but they would be good for combos. decent damage and not launching too far, which makes them hard to kill with.

Last edited:

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
GameXplain, the guys who may or may not be on Nintendo's payroll, made a video about their predictions about The Game Awards, they claim to be 99% sure that the final fighter's pass character will be revealed there, and guess who they mention as one of their predictions (skip to 17:30)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
GameXplain, the guys who may or may not be on Nintendo's payroll, made a video about their predictions about The Game Awards, they claim to be 99% sure that the final fighter's pass character will be revealed there, and guess who they mention as one of their predictions (skip to 17:30)

I heard that some people say they actually do have legit info at times and they've mentioned KOS-MOS a couple of times now. I really do hope she is revealed there. I will probably die of happiness but these times are hard.... anything can be faked so easily. Let's remain skeptical guys

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm a believer.

Drunk Cat 2 was right all along. TGA leak is also right. Milk Bosatsu will also be right if KOS-MOS becomes DLC5.

And like I predicted it will be Kosmos, Hayabusa, then Reimu in that order.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
By the way, what really catches my attention from that video isn't just KOS-MOS herself, it's that she gets mentioned among such a small amount of potential candidates. It's not like they just haphazardly put together a list of every rumored character under the sun and KOS-MOS just happens to be there, no, they only made 5 predictions in total:
-Geno
-Pyra/Mythra
-KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Travis Touchdown

Pretty ballsy to put KOS-MOS of all characters in what's essentially your "top most likely candidates".

D

Deleted member

Don't bet on everything easily people. There are still some signs of skepticism abound.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
SMT V info incoming? Hmm...

I think either the Clock Tower remake or the new game from the Gone Home devs would fully convince me tho

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm still extremely skeptical of all the rumors and "leaks" in favor of her inclusion, but I'll continue rooting for our favorite android girl to end this fighter pass regardless.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
By the way, what really catches my attention from that video isn't just KOS-MOS herself, it's that she gets mentioned among such a small amount of potential candidates. It's not like they just haphazardly put together a list of every rumored character under the sun and KOS-MOS just happens to be there, no, they only made 5 predictions in total:
-Geno
-Pyra/Mythra
-KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Travis Touchdown

Pretty ballsy to put KOS-MOS of all characters in what's essentially your "top most likely candidates".
It really doesn't mean all that much. Last year, Jon and the other guys at Gamexplain completely denounced the Grinch Leak and all evidence "in favor" of it, giving their own personal predictions on who would be announced. They're just speculators at the end of the day like we are, so while it's nice to know that they gave Kosy a day in the limelight, it won't magic her into the roster as a playable character.

D

Deleted member

-Geno
-Pyra/Mythra
-KOS-MOS
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Travis Touchdown

Okay...didn't watch it due to me reviewing for finals but...it's kinda weird because...

• Travis seems kinda iffy considering the devs were skeptic on his inclusion
  • The Aegis (my collective term for Rex/Pyra/Mythra) are still Spirits/Mii Costumes. Should Geno be added as post-pass, I can definitely see the team being added later on, with both the fanbase backing AND the Sakurai interest.
  • Assuming I still trust Verge and Sabi, I would have immediately put down Hayabusa as more of psot-pass. Then again he's quite inevitable should we get KOS-MOS because of Cat Jesus (Praise the Felidae). Regardless, I'm skeptical of Hayabusa as the final character being added, since other than DOA which got released quite...recently.
  • IF you want to start up promoting Spirits, put in Geno to make the fanbase shut up.
With that out of the way, I'd like to raise up everyone's spirits by declaring that slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited by a moderator:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sooo you guys watched this video? What do you think ?
https://youtu.be/Zbp5vdnwkYk
New video from papagenos talking about Kos-Mos and other things
The deconfirms section is rather worrying for us, but on the other hand, KOS-MOS and 4 additional characters being revealed in Smash after the pass sounds real good to me. I'd like it if these four were Reimu Hakurei, Ryu Hayabusa (Based on Cat Leak, praise be to the Immortal Cat Emperor of Smashkind), Doom Slayer and Geno (Based on that Cacomallow leak that still hasn't been proven fake). Then again that sounds too good to be true. Both the characters listed and the quintuple-reveal. But the fact that the leak at the second half got Horizon Zero Dawn's PC release (That one's just implied, but still) and Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind's release date right does spark hope. All we need is Shin Megami Tensei V, the Clock Tower remaster, that new Gone Home dev game or those Beat Saber Vocaloid songs and we'll be good to go.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
for those who haven't watched, this is how Papa feels IF KOSMOS is added for the rest of the DLC

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
The deconfirms section is rather worrying for us, but on the other hand, KOS-MOS and 4 additional characters being revealed in Smash after the pass sounds real good to me. I'd like it if these four were Reimu Hakurei, Ryu Hayabusa (Based on Cat Leak, praise be to the Immortal Cat Emperor of Smashkind), Doom Slayer and Geno (Based on that Cacomallow leak that still hasn't been proven fake). Then again that sounds too good to be true. Both the characters listed and the quintuple-reveal. But the fact that the leak at the second half got Horizon Zero Dawn's PC release (That one's just implied, but still) and Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind's release date right does spark hope. All we need is Shin Megami Tensei V, the Clock Tower remaster, that new Gone Home dev game or those Beat Saber Vocaloid songs and we'll be good to go.
Tbh having both Kos-Mso AND reimu is such a dream to have ( I would love sora and shantae but these two make up for them being absent) if this leak is deconfirmed I'd be a bit bummed but still gave hope for her anyway!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Now now... Until we actually get her, we should lay off on celebrating just yet. Don't put the cart before the horse.
Oh no that wasn't my intention. I just simply remarked on how amusing it is that some people on GameFaqs are now considering KOS-MOS may have a chance. I know we may very well be disappointed come TGA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom