• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
Joker was my pipe dream from my favorite game of all time.
KOS-MOS and Xenosaga I have appreciated for a while though. While playing currently Xenosaga, it just reminds me that this is an underrated gem franchise that I missed out on but was very aware of as a teen.
The Fighters Pass has pleased multiple regions of fans with Hero, Terry, and Banjo and Kazooie. Sakurai loves Xeno and Persona.
After these, he may go all out with the fan requests then.

Last edited:

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
Sure thing!

>Vergeben made a kill list of every company pretty much
>Hours later this verified guy affiliated with Sabi provides evidence that Vergeben might be wrong because Sabi's source isn't supporting verge on Namco
>The KOS-MOS leaker from weeks ago comes back and says KOS-MOS is going to have spats for her skirt like he said last time. He also said last time that T-ELOS is a echo and he mysteriously posts when the daisy pic surfaced.... Daisy was our very first echo fighter in Ultimate
>A guy posting alongside said KOS-MOS leaker says the clocktower remaster in the KOS-MOS leak is 100% real. He even referenced it by naming the character in clock tower's name Jennifer (keep in mind this happened.... with a completely new trip code) again, timing is key to understanding this
> Sabi backs up kos-mos this morning saying she's from a different world than Xenoblade

And that's what is happening right now. Sabi is going to make a statement soon.... apparently. It could be a trap though and she will piggyback verge and doubt her source. I have a big feeling since she did the same with terry.
Thanks for that. Well, it certainly seems like things are heating up. I've been kinda suspicious about Sabi and Vergeben for a bit now. Not that I think they're purposefully misleading anyone, but I feel their sources might be iffy. I may check out of the speculation game until after the game awards. At this point, I actually want to be surprised about what will be shown.

D

Deleted member

Joker was my pipe dream from my favorite game of all time.
KOS-MOS and Xenosaga I have appreciated for a while though. While playing currently Xenosaga, it just reminds me that this is an underrated gem franchise that I missed out on but was very aware of as a teen.
The Fighters Pass has pleased multiple regions of fans with Hero, Terry, and Banjo and Kazooie. Sakurai loves Xeno and Persona.
After these, he may go all out with the fan requests then.
I've heard about literally nothing from Xenosaga up to now. But one look at KOS-MOS and bam, instant want. As someone from the FGC who gravitated towards characters like JACKs and Alisa from Tekken, it would be fun to main another robot (since Mega Man and ROB don't fit my playstyle), and female to boot. Thus, there's intersectionality within the roster, and it's fun to see.

Thanks for that. Well, it certainly seems like things are heating up. I've been kinda suspicious about Sabi and Vergeben for a bit now. Not that I think they're purposefully misleading anyone, but I feel their sources might be iffy. I may check out of the speculation game until after the game awards. At this point, I actually want to be surprised about what will be shown.
Here at the KOS-MOS thread, we won't take Verge and Sabi's word into fruition.

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
Touhou representing the "bullet hell" genre in Japan would be absolute insanity. Reimu will be op as all hell. Go play Touhou fighting games these girls do not mess around. Ryu Hayabusa is a such a cool character and one of the first legitimate ninja in gaming. He could also have the potential of having a Kasumi palette swap and/or his classic purple attire. 2020 might be crazy! Praise Cat-sama hopefully.... keep myself reasonably excited.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Touhou representing the "bullet hell" genre in Japan would be absolute insanity. Reimu will be op as all hell. Go play Touhou fighting games these girls do not mess around. Ryu Hayabusa is a such a cool character and one of the first legitimate ninja in gaming. He could also have the potential of having a Kasumi palette swap and/or his classic purple attire. 2020 might be crazy! Praise Cat-sama hopefully.... keep myself reasonably excited.
Reimu and Kosmos seem like characters with potentially interesting movesets, viable for competitive play. They also have a pretty good amount of popularity.

Zebulun

Smash Rookie
Send your praises to the cat god or face the consequences!

(I really hope these leaks are true... >_<)

BlackInk

Smash Lord
There is an interesting thing about the cat leaks. Notice how the confirmed leak basically shows the defenseless nature of the three characters. The new one likely shows us how much the security has improved.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
so if cat leak is true cause of this new leak this is our fighter pass 2 probably: Reimu, Hayabusa, Geno, Doomslayer. It adds up to perfectly. This new kos-mos leak is saying 4 characters after all just remember if this is true then yup.

reason I say geno and doomslayer is cause cacomallow was said to be fake but some people said it is 100% not for fighter #5

D

Deleted member

so if cat leak is true cause of this new leak this is our fighter pass 2 probably: Reimu, Hayabusa, Geno, Doomslayer. It adds up to perfectly. This new kos-mos leak is saying 4 characters after all just remember if this is true then yup.

reason I say geno and doomslayer is cause cacomallow was said to be fake but some people said it is 100% not for fighter #5
*sees Reimu in Season 2*
I'll take this any day.

I can't believe I'm putting my faith in a simple cat. Cat Jesus is the new symbol of ideal representation. Cat Jesus brings balance, as it should be.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
*sees Reimu in Season 2*
I'll take this any day.

I can't believe I'm putting my faith in a simple cat. Cat Jesus is the new symbol of ideal representation. Cat Jesus brings balance, as it should be.
I can’t tell you how long I’ve been waiting to reveal this joke.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
This also supports 4 fighters tbh

"a little bit longer" is too specific. I doubt it is a full 5 fighters again

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This also supports 4 fighters tbh

"a little bit longer" is too specific. I doubt it is a full 5 fighters again
"A little bit longer" isn't specific at all, though.

For all we know, that could mean anywhere from a few months to another full year of support.

zferolie

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So sabi is gonna post this in latest a day or so. Glad i dont have to keep refreshing and i can work on other things :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"A little bit longer" isn't specific at all, though.

For all we know, that could mean anywhere from a few months to another full year of support.
I think we will at the very least have all the WoL slots filled

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So sabi is gonna post this in latest a day or so. Glad i dont have to keep refreshing and i can work on other things :)
If that's the case then she probably wont support verge and go back to her source that said Namco is in

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Well now its the battle of the leakers.
I'm inclined to believe that Sabi is the more legit leaker but at the same time I still remain very skeptical. It is possible that either leaker is getting duped and she just piggybacked off the KOS-MOS thing now.

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Yes, well either way this is a battle of "credible" leakers. How the tables for FP5 have turned.
And in my mind Geoff is just laughing at one ... or maybe both of them.

Here's a list:
Deconfirmed by Vergeben and Sabi: Ryu Hayabusa Crash Bandicoot Doomguy Geno Falcom reps Nippon Ichi reps

Deconfirmed by just Vergeben: Bandai Namco reps Level-5 reps Ubisoft reps Gordon Freeman Scorpion Arle Nadja Sakura from Sakura Wars Tracer Reimu Hakurei Kat from Gravity Rush

Deconfirmed by just Sabi: Dante Lloyd / Tales of reps Sora

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to believe that Sabi is the more legit leaker but at the same time I still remain very skeptical. It is possible that either leaker is getting duped and she just piggybacked off the KOS-MOS thing now.
It’s probably a combination of marketing, odd timing, and leaks.

D

Deleted member

And in my mind Geoff is just laughing at one ... or maybe both of them.
Heck, what if he was reading the entirety of Smashboards and realizing how insane we have become. He must tell the organizers that there has to be a Game Awards reveal or the Smaahs community is gonna become barbarians at this rate.

It’s probably a combination of marketing, odd timing, and leaks.
My God, let's not trust a bit of her either.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am leaning more towards Sabi too, but it can go either way. The verge clarifying his statment today is not nearly as insane, but sabi and verge differ in a big area with namco rep. That i think is going to be the key here

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Oh please, we know Lloyd and Heihachi have smash 4 costumes. They’re already dead by the confirmed pass rule set.
I am unfamiliar with the confirmation of the "No Mii costume promotions" rule being confirmed. Is that something we've been told by Nintendo or something?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I am unfamiliar with the confirmation of the "No Mii costume promotions" rule being confirmed. Is that something we've been told by Nintendo or something?
Yes, they friendly said it with “fighters who have never been to smash before”.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's a theory that he pulled out of his ass.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Yes, they friendly said it with “fighters who have never been to smash before”.
Ah yes. I always interpreted that as "These fighters have new mechanics unlike the fighters you've seen thus far" Like Joker's Persona, Hero's spell list, Banjo's near complete invulnerability and Terry's having effectively seven B skills, though the Banjo one is pushing it. Thank you for your take on that.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Ah yes. I always interpreted that as "These fighters have new mechanics unlike the fighters you've seen thus far" Like Joker's Persona, Hero's spell list, Banjo's near complete invulnerability and Terry's having effectively seven B skills, though the Banjo one is pushing it. Thank you for your take on that.
It’s also the fact they are bringing back all of the mii costumes and releasing new spirits along with the fighter.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, this leaker stuff is a massive headache. We're a week away from the VGA so I'm just going to stick it out. There are a lot of variables that could go on here to where all of this drama is unproductive

• All of this could be leakbait by the company or VGA to throw off leakers.
  • Geoff even admits he knew about Joker only a week before the 2018 VGA, so it's very likely the actual info is kept under wraps. Since Joker wasn't leaked, I wouldn't even rely on the leakers to tell us who FP 5 is before the VGA.
  • It's possible Sabi's and Verge's sources could have lied about one of the deconfirmations so it wouldn't risk their identity.
  • Given all of the fake discord DMs floating around with Sabi, interpreting what's real info and what's not is becoming too much of a hassle. Again the VGA is a week away. It doesn't matter what they think anymore.
  • We've spent so much time focusing on who it isn't to where we really haven't come closer as to who it is.
  • Even if the deconfirmations are real, the actual surviving companies and series are not as narrowed down as we'd hope. All of this was a severe waste of time.
I honestly don't know who to expect at this point. Even when considering the deconfirmations, nothing has really narrowed down. It's best not to give the attention seekers attention at this point.

D

Deleted member

Honestly...let's agree that every leaker cannot be trusted. Even though we have our 4chan stuff, those cannot be put 100% on.

Top Bottom