• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
Well shucks. I'm not entirely certain KOS-MOS is out of the running just yet, tbh. I'm kinda wondering why Sabi wouldn't just say the entirety of Bamco was out a few days ago instead of just Lloyd, but oh well. I suppose i'll hope for a Megaten rep now. Side note, i'm listening to The Trio by Sergio Leone right now and it's one of the most oddly fitting songs regarding what's going down right now.

Last edited:

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722

Troykv

Smash Master
So... there is not Doom Guy, not Crash, not Ryu Hayabusa, not Namco Bandai in general...

What I'm missing?

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So... there is not Doom Guy, not Crash, not Ryu Hayabusa, not Namco Bandai in general...

What I'm missing?
Level 5, Ubisoft, Falcom, Nippon Ichi, Phoenix Wright, Travis Touchdown, Gordon Freeman or anyone from Valve, Tracer, I think Dante as well. I may be missing some, swore someone posted a whole list either here or on the Monokuma thread, just can't find it.

Last edited:

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722

What I'm missing?
Hmmm, well, there's still possibility of:

Minecraft Content (Steve), Saber from the Fate Series, Arle Nadja, Dante, or Master Chief.

These characters haven't officially been deconfirmed and are still plausible.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps the cat leak got the characters out of order and Reimu is next.

It really seemed like Bamco was next with those missing Mii outfits.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Come to think of it, that might be the case. That leaves only Reimu as Fighter #5. KOS-MOS and Ryu Hayabusa being post-pass fighters would make the Cat Leak have some truth. Not to mention, the Doujin rumors weren't quashed yet, so there's that.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice

thats stretching but is a possibility. man if KOS-MOS is in i just want her now so i can enjoy ultimate again xD

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Dang it Well there`s always hope that KOS-MOS appears as one of the Post-Pass DLC.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Unexpecting fighter coming through.
1575200870767.jpeg

I mean, what else has a weird gender thing and absolutely no damn connections?

I’m honestly shook. I thought they had a chance to break tons of birds with one stone, Kosmos. The pieces were there to at least satisfy so many people. Oh well.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm sorry to hear about the Namco deconfirmation for FP5 KOS-MOS fans. I was really hoping her our Nightmare would be FP5. We may get our chance at some point.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I sadly pretty much knew she was not going to be FP5, But GUYS DON'T LET the hopes or the hyped gone just because vergeben said it is not her remember FP season 2 is coming she can still get in.

Like i said weeks ago we need to create more content for her for Nintendo to get notice or even Monolift or Namco, all of you also have to remember the final decision falls to Sakurai but if we can get him to Notice her that will be a Plus i rather not give up the hyped train for Kos-Mos, AS LONG AS SHE DOSE NOT END LIKE RESIDENT EVIL BEING SPIRITS witch thanked god there spirits.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh well. This unfortunately deconfirms the Cat Leak. I had faith in it, but it apparently won't see the light of day.
I hope that the 5th fighter will be extremely exciting, and that KOS-MOS is in the post-pass.

It could be Ryu Hayabusa.
With what have you done your KOS-MOS banner?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Though I never had the chance to play Xenosaga, KOSMOS has my support after checking out what she can do.

Last edited:

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I mean with what software you created your KOS-MOS newcomer banner View attachment 249240 (sorry my english is not perfect)
Ah. I didn't create this. I believe it was N3ON N3ON who did. She shared how she did it via the image of a figure and edited it to become a signature. I'm not sure what software she used though.

For the record, your English is great.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
AS LONG AS SHE DOSE NOT END LIKE RESIDENT EVIL BEING SPIRITS witch thanked god there spirits.
Please forgive me if i offend RE fans like, i like this the RE series but there just this trolls that says this character is legit and everything, Leon was the right rep but sadly nintendo got the decision to put them as spirits, im sad that RE became spirits but with all of this trolls saying there characters are 100% confirmed pretty much this shut them up.

Back on Topic Sigh Kos-Mos for me is still the right choice for Namco's Rep, the fight now for the IF there is a Namco Rep in Season 2 would be LLoyd irving againts Her, But if Lloyd returns as a Mii Costume then it officially means you know what.

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
It’s honestly hard to stay interested in the DLC when you’re not a big fan of anyone there. (I did look into Banjo and Fatal fury but that was after the fact) I was hoping KOS-MOS would be the one character I actually liked beforehand, but now there’s no one I’m looking forward to as FP5. (Unless it’s miraculous Rex and Pyra, but I know that probably won’t happen)

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but as long as BAMCO is having a rep in Ultimate, i'm hopeful. Just for right now im interested in who else it could be if not KOS-MOS.
Terry has been the only DLC so far i've actually played for a while. But he's not the one lol

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Yeah but as long as BAMCO is having a rep in Ultimate, i'm hopeful. Just for right now im interested in who else it could be if not KOS-MOS.
Terry has been the only DLC so far i've actually played for a while. But he's not the one lol
Yeah, I'm personally very satisfied with each DLC we have thus far. I thought Joker, Hero, and Terry had wonderful and memorable presentations. The characters themselves are also solid and fun to use.

Still, I haven't gotten a character that I truly like or identify with yet.

Here's to hoping that it all changes with FP5.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo & Kazooie are the only characters that have hyped me up so far for the DLC lineup. Piranha, Joker, Hero, and Terry are all nice, but ain't really my cup of tea. I'm hoping for more platforming/fighting/villain/female characters to make the cut. Characters like:

Dixie Kong
Porky Minch
Shantae
Elma
Nightmare
KOS-MOS

ect.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
So uhhhh remember this? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ6ZrupWkAAI5Pr?format=jpg&name=large

Well Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC very soon apparently! Is KOS-MOS FP5? Did Verge lie?

Anyway here’s the news. https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-...predicted-the-same-thing-for-death-stranding/
I always have thought that vergeban possibly did another Hero, thinking that Reimu or some other character was fighter #5. I just don’t see Namco or Sakurai abandoning their chances when both of them sorta get what they both want. It’s like everyone thinks they expect the dlc to 100% work out well right after smash mother****ing 4, the game with the most infamous dlc of all time.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
To be honest I did quit speculation until fighter#5 but someone notified me of this. I need to note that I ran here to post this. We will see tho.

Back to taking a break though. If anything new comes out of it I’ll likely post but I really won’t get my hopes up.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I have a question to ask. How in the **** do people not doubt Vergeban that he has fighter #5? I know he has sources but that workplace is implied to be extremely trolly by Sakurai. Sakurai hates leaks, so there can’t be some ridiculously easy way to get their hands on a specific fighter slot.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I have a question to ask. How in the **** do people not doubt Vergeban that he has fighter #5? I know he has sources but that workplace is implied to be extremely trolly by Sakurai. Sakurai hates leaks, so there can’t be some ridiculously easy way to get their hands on a specific fighter slot.
Basically, if he just blows smoke on things like this he'd lose credibility, and that's all he has as a leaker. I also suspect that in the event that he's right, saying that getting the information he has was "rediculously easy" would be incorrect, as if it were more than one person would have the information.

That said, as per my earlier comment, you are correct in questioning how he has his information is a good question, though we'll likely never learn this in respects to protecting his source.

Edit: note that I am not saying he is implicitly correct or honest, I don't know him. I am merely stating that it is not in his best interest to not be dishonest or state facts he doesn't have properly vetted.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if FP5 did end up being a Namco character after all. It seemed a little too weird that they'd only get Pac-Man as a rep, given they've been helping out with Smash since 4, I know there's post-pass DLC now, but the Fighter's Pass was probably conceived as a "final content" thing of sorts initially. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Basically, if he just blows smoke on things like this he'd lose credibility, and that's all he has as a leaker. I also suspect that in the event that he's right, saying that getting the information he has was "rediculously easy" would be incorrect, as if it were more than one person would have the information.

That said, as per my earlier comment, you are correct in questioning how he has his information is a good question, though we'll likely never learn this in respects to protecting his source.
I mean, think about the 100% missing Namco miis, Sakurai’s xeno guilt, and the weird pattern Kosmos has with leaks recently. Kosmos has gotten to geno levels of leaks and she’s never been this prominent in leaks before. There is just so much weird **** people are not questioning, it makes me feel completely insane when everyone drops everything because of one dude. Not Sakurai, any company big guys, or an actual smash ultimate fighter pass trailer, just a leaker who has barely guessed slots correctly before.
I wouldn't be surprised if FP5 did end up being a Namco character after all. It seemed a little too weird that they'd only get Pac-Man as a rep, given they've been helping out with Smash since 4, I know there's post-pass DLC now, but the Fighter's Pass was probably conceived as a "final content" thing of sorts initially. I guess we'll have to wait and see though.
It’s so insane that everyone forgets that was unexpected for them to have the success with the fighter pass. Sakurai mentioned so many damn times about it. Why wouldn’t he make Kosmos the final fighter when it’s the perfect character for both him and Namco, after the loss of Rex and Namco’s lacking spotlight? It’s so stupid no one thinks about this **** seriously anymore, as if it’s easy to change **** or expect success.

Last edited:
Top Bottom