• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Ok so I want to stress something about the new 4chan leak. It's timing is pretty funny. Lloyd is dead.... people talk about KOS-MOS and argue for hours. Hell, smashboards was a war yesterday. Then later on at night a KOS-MOS leak appears and it is the first KOS-MOS leak ever in which a guy used a tripcode to identify himself. So I want to stress that while many of you think this is fake... i'm not 100% convinced myself. There is also the fact Vergeben went to comment on my thread and praised the Xenosaga games.

So let's take what we know from the so called leak. Pyra and Rex appear in KOS-MOS's final smash. Maybe this is a throwback to KOS-MOS needing a driver in XB2 to perform X buster and it's a combo attack according to the leaker. Makes sense imo since in XB2 that's an actual mechanic with button prompts. So that's not 100% impossible.

Secondly, the leaker claims KOS-MOS is at the game AWARDS but DID NOT SPECIFY about a 2nd character like the OP of that thread. I ended up asking him about the cat leak and he said it has come up in insider circles and will be clear after the game awards so if it is real then this guy is legit. OBVIOUSLY, he's not proven to be legit yet so let's not get our hopes up.

Thirdly, there might be some concerns on why they couldn't give KOS-MOS a final smash from Xenosaga. 1) cero concerns. We already know that X buster and D teneritas zoom in on some of KOS-MOS's assets so they probably needed a family friendly way to get x buster going and to make sense with the lore of Xenoblade 2.

Fourth, KOS-MOS coming with all xeno spirits including Xenogears is probably the biggest red flag of this leak but it's not exactly impossible considering Xenogears got play arts recently and still does massive concerts worldwide. IF THEY credit Yasunori Mitsuda for composing some remixes or get some music from Xenogears and saga then THEY need his permission anyway. Problem is SE owns Xenogears so the "leaker" hasn't show anything convincing but he did say he couldn't read Sakurai's mind on why he decided XB2 would be a good appearance for her. There is also the fact that he said Xenosaga NODS will be in her moveset and spirits so i'm not sure why people are acting like Sakurai would discredit her entire legacy. Anything to pass CERO.

Lastly, Vergeben commented on my thread on gamefaqs praising the games STRANGELY after the leak. It means nothing most likely but timing is immaculate and he didn't disconfirm her.

So what can we infer from this? It is probably best to keep an eye out for the guy with the same tripcode in 4chan KOS-MOS threads as he clearly wants to be identified.

Bad news is tripcodes aren't always legit. A massive fake sword shield leak was fabricated by a tripcode guy and it had thousands of replies. It's a good way of getting attention.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmm soi missed this war that happened yestwrday. Was it on the newcomers thread, as i tend to avoid that as it could get pretty... heated.

I do think this leak is fake mostly due to trying to explain sakurais reasons. Leakers would not know that at all.

I still think KOSMOS is one of the front runners though

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hmm soi missed this war that happened yestwrday. Was it on the newcomers thread, as i tend to avoid that as it could get pretty... heated.

I do think this leak is fake mostly due to trying to explain sakurais reasons. Leakers would not know that at all.

I still think KOSMOS is one of the front runners though
yep it was KOS-MOS vs Nightmare fans. I would rather forget it happened honestly. Some stuff was not great.

zferolie

Smash Hero
yep it was KOS-MOS vs Nightmare fans. I would rather forget it happened honestly. Some stuff was not great.
Man the smash fandom can be great but also really damn ****ty too sometimes. Why fight and be rude to others jeez

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that happened. I completely missed it as I generally just check through the character threads.

And well, as for the leak, I personally believe it's fake (mostly due to the mention of Xenogears), but even without that it feels like KOS-MOS has pretty nice chances. She'd make a lot of sense with the stuff going on at the moment

D

Deleted member

Man the smash fandom can be great but also really damn ****ty too sometimes. Why fight and be rude to others jeez
For the record, it was like three people who threw out petty arguments.

One just straight up said KOSMOS sucked, one accused the thread of being sexist toward female reps for supporting Nightmare, and the other tried discounting Nightmare's popularity to bolster Xenosaga.

The thread jumped onto all three of them and that's why it looked heated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Ok so I want to stress something about the new 4chan leak. It's timing is pretty funny. Lloyd is dead.... people talk about KOS-MOS and argue for hours. Hell, smashboards was a war yesterday. Then later on at night a KOS-MOS leak appears and it is the first KOS-MOS leak ever in which a guy used a tripcode to identify himself. So I want to stress that while many of you think this is fake... i'm not 100% convinced myself. There is also the fact Vergeben went to comment on my thread and praised the Xenosaga games.

So let's take what we know from the so called leak. Pyra and Rex appear in KOS-MOS's final smash. Maybe this is a throwback to KOS-MOS needing a driver in XB2 to perform X buster and it's a combo attack according to the leaker. Makes sense imo since in XB2 that's an actual mechanic with button prompts. So that's not 100% impossible.

Secondly, the leaker claims KOS-MOS is at the game AWARDS but DID NOT SPECIFY about a 2nd character like the OP of that thread. I ended up asking him about the cat leak and he said it has come up in insider circles and will be clear after the game awards so if it is real then this guy is legit. OBVIOUSLY, he's not proven to be legit yet so let's not get our hopes up.

Thirdly, there might be some concerns on why they couldn't give KOS-MOS a final smash from Xenosaga. 1) cero concerns. We already know that X buster and D teneritas zoom in on some of KOS-MOS's assets so they probably needed a family friendly way to get x buster going and to make sense with the lore of Xenoblade 2.

Fourth, KOS-MOS coming with all xeno spirits including Xenogears is probably the biggest red flag of this leak but it's not exactly impossible considering Xenogears got play arts recently and still does massive concerts worldwide. IF THEY credit Yasunori Mitsuda for composing some remixes or get some music from Xenogears and saga then THEY need his permission anyway. Problem is SE owns Xenogears so the "leaker" hasn't show anything convincing but he did say he couldn't read Sakurai's mind on why he decided XB2 would be a good appearance for her. There is also the fact that he said Xenosaga NODS will be in her moveset and spirits so i'm not sure why people are acting like Sakurai would discredit her entire legacy. Anything to pass CERO.

Lastly, Vergeben commented on my thread on gamefaqs praising the games STRANGELY after the leak. It means nothing most likely but timing is immaculate and he didn't disconfirm her.

So what can we infer from this? It is probably best to keep an eye out for the guy with the same tripcode in 4chan KOS-MOS threads as he clearly wants to be identified.

Bad news is tripcodes aren't always legit. A massive fake sword shield leak was fabricated by a tripcode guy and it had thousands of replies. It's a good way of getting attention.

Anyway those are my thoughts.
I still think the fact KOS-MOS would be getting credited as Xenoblade Rep instead of a Xenosaga Rep is super damning to it all since a cameo appearance which you can argue may not be canon at all is not enough to say KOS-MOS is a Xenoblade debut/character of importance when she's been pretty separate from it besides XBC2 and Fiora being her partner in Project X Zone 2 as T-elos decided to go be best buds with Mumkhar and be a minor antagonist. That's saying for example... Mario enemies appeared in Link's awakening so they're Legend of Zelda reps now or... Samus and Link appeared in Super Mario RPG so they're Mario r eps now, etc. etc.

Plus, if we're following with the mech connection, its most likely ES Dinah would be her final smash instead, even then I'm fine with sacrificing a shot of KOS-MOS' cleavage for her to use D-Teneritas and X-Buster has been changed for awhile now where she just shoots it out of her stomach without anything opening up, granted this representation of X-Buster were sprites so they're limited but I still don't think that's an issue, these were based on Ver. 4.

I got no issue with her having RE as her look or as an alt, I just have an issue with her being a Xenoblade rather than a Xenosaga rep for reasons I've already stated. Plus, as other people have said if Sakurai wanted a rep for Xenoblade 2, he would've done Rex with his blades, Maybe Lora with Jin and Haze or even just Malos.

Also, I haven't said this in a long time but it seems like I need to remind everyone on that BS reason of why Rex was not included in Smash being a utter lie:

It's been confirmed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 started development in 2014 and released December 1st 2017, about the same time as X was in development (probably more on the tail end of it) and was most likely originally a game planned for a Wii U release (since fun fact: Luigi's Mansion 3 was supposed to be a Wii U game before they shifted a lot of stuff to the Switch, only really specific games like Odyssey and Ultimate were always planned for the switch. Bot LM3 and XBC2 though have very obvious differences in graphics and some UI stuff in comparison to their actual releases which show the actual improvements made since they switched hardware). Meanwhile... Ultimate's development started after February 3rd, 2016. So.. I think my point there stands, if he wanted to do Rex Sakurai absolutely had the authority and opportunity to do so, especially since Roy's game didn't release until a year after melee, though it would be an opposite where the fighter made their debut a year before the smash game released, so... yeah.

But uh... besides that. Tomorrow marks Xenoblade 2's second anniversary. Dang is the switch actually a young console still which further cements my questioning of people saying it will be replaced in a year or two when its still young and has been way more successful than the Wii U.

Until the actual big-name credible leakers say something meaningful about her other than just talking about her games as that means nothing, they're gamers just like us who play games and what not, you can look at Verge's posts and see he talks a lot about DQ and other stuff not in the sense of leaks. I say we're still in the realm of no clue besides options being narrowed down and certain evidence we have going for us that may or may not be smash related or not, etc. etc.

Edit: I'd also like to add on a lot of people saying KOS-MOS won't pass CERO are saying that since they think any female character in smash cannot of breasts or any that can jiggle... when in the same Terry direct where people thought of that with Mai we get another character female character with a large chest that has some bounce to them, so... ain't a problem. Again, CERO's concern is more-so up-skirting (you can tell with Mai there was no avoiding that due to the loin-cloth) than tit size and what not. While he can't change it, Sakurai himself has criticized CERO for caring about that more than a gun... which we see in his game where they let Joker have a gun but black voiding/covering up them thighs. Which as we've discussed before... putting leggings or extending KOS-MOS' outfits ain't that hard and I'm sure the development team actually thought of that if the fact she wears a leotard or skin-tight suit for 4/5 of her appearances can't get around that, Ver. 4 being the only one that isn't exactly a leotard and more-so resembles a dress than anything.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I still think the fact KOS-MOS would be getting credited as Xenoblade Rep instead of a Xenosaga Rep is super damning to it all since a cameo appearance which you can argue may not be canon at all is not enough to say KOS-MOS is a Xenoblade debut/character of importance when she's been pretty separate from it besides XBC2 and Fiora being her partner in Project X Zone 2 as T-elos decided to go be best buds with Mumkhar and be a minor antagonist. That's saying for example... Mario enemies appeared in Link's awakening so they're Legend of Zelda reps now or... Samus and Link appeared in Super Mario RPG so they're Mario r eps now, etc. etc.

Plus, if we're following with the mech connection, its most likely ES Dinah would be her final smash instead, even then I'm fine with sacrificing a shot of KOS-MOS' cleavage for her to use D-Teneritas and X-Buster has been changed for awhile now where she just shoots it out of her stomach without anything opening up, granted this representation of X-Buster were sprites so they're limited but I still don't think that's an issue, these were based on Ver. 4.

I got no issue with her having RE as her look or as an alt, I just have an issue with her being a Xenoblade rather than a Xenosaga rep for reasons I've already stated. Plus, as other people have said if Sakurai wanted a rep for Xenoblade 2, he would've done Rex with his blades, Maybe Lora with Jin and Haze or even just Malos.

Also, I haven't said this in a long time but it seems like I need to remind everyone on that BS reason of why Rex was not included in Smash being a utter lie:

It's been confirmed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 started development in 2014 and released December 1st 2017, about the same time as X was in development (probably more on the tail end of it) and was most likely originally a game planned for a Wii U release (since fun fact: Luigi's Mansion 3 was supposed to be a Wii U game before they shifted a lot of stuff to the Switch, only really specific games like Odyssey and Ultimate were always planned for the switch. Bot LM3 and XBC2 though have very obvious differences in graphics and some UI stuff in comparison to their actual releases which show the actual improvements made since they switched hardware). Meanwhile... Ultimate's development started after February 3rd, 2016. So.. I think my point there stands, if he wanted to do Rex Sakurai absolutely had the authority and opportunity to do so, especially since Roy's game didn't release until a year after melee, though it would be an opposite where the fighter made their debut a year before the smash game released, so... yeah.

But uh... besides that. Tomorrow marks Xenoblade 2's second anniversary. Dang is the switch actually a young console still which further cements my questioning of people saying it will be replaced in a year or two when its still young and has been way more successful than the Wii U.

Until the actual big-name credible leakers say something meaningful about her other than just talking about her games as that means nothing, they're gamers just like us who play games and what not, you can look at Verge's posts and see he talks a lot about DQ and other stuff not in the sense of leaks. I say we're still in the realm of no clue besides options being narrowed down and certain evidence we have going for us that may or may not be smash related or not, etc. etc.
But Rex and Pyra's designs were finalized at the end of 2016.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pretty sure it was meant for a whole thing, DLC echoes would be a waste of time when they’re proven to be able to make 4-5 characters in a year and are just clones of characters in the game. Only way I will accept DLC echoes is if they’re 100% free as we’d already have em or they’re bundled in with a completely new fighter.
Well Echos only take up 1/6 the development time that unique fighters do so they wouldn't take up that much time. Plus the Season Pass fighters were packaged with a stage and a bunch of music or less depending on who. But yeah, post Pass characters probably won't receive all of that which is why I think Echos are fair game post Pass.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Well Echos only take up 1/6 the development time that unique fighters do so they wouldn't take up that much time. Plus the Season Pass fighters were packaged with a stage and a bunch of music or less depending on who. But yeah, post Pass characters probably won't receive all of that which is why I think Echos are fair game post Pass.
When after fighter 5 we have ten slots for two more passes I give that a big doubt my guy, I don't think we'll be getting any new echo fighters until the next game and I'm glad about that, I'd rather new and unique fighters over whats essentially 8 new costume slots and what would be an excuse for Nintendo to further devolve into a money-grubbing company like EA like they already are with those stupid subscription services in mobile games. As I said: why waste even the slightest amount of time to make new echoes when you have proven to your consumers you can give 5 fighters out in about a years time? Pretty stupid move to cause some major backlash from the majority of the fanbase if you ask me. Also, its pretty damn obvious they will have stages and music with them. /EVERY/ fighter (besides R.O.B. but he's an exception like he is to everything for being a toy and not a video game character and I honestly think a Gyromite stage would be cool, but Mario Bros. is fine) in modern smash history has always brought a stage from their series with them alongside music. We have several stages and music for Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Earthbound, F-zero, Star Fox, Pokemon, Ice Climbers, Fire Emblem (Melee didn't have one but its been proven a Fire Emblem traveling stage was planned but was cut due to the unfair and strict development time of melee, if it was given a fair and normal development cycle it would've been there and we would also have a non-clone Ganondorf and several fighters from Brawl debuting in Melee), Kid Icarus, Game and Watch, Wario, Sonic, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Pac-Man.

We have singular stages with music for: Metal Gear, Mega-Man, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Mii/Smash, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy (even if its just two), Bayonetta, Splatoon, Castlevania, Persona, Dragon Quest, Banjo and Kazooie, and SNK.

We also have just music for: Gyromite, but as I said Mario Bros is considered R.O.B"s "home stage".

Not even counting all the series we have music for that don't have stages for their series or the series that have stages and music but no fighters.

I mean no offense, but you must really be doubtful of Sakurai and his team to not try to deliver people the best experience they can give us if you think they would let ten unique fighters and their series not have the full smash bros. treatment by just saying "no... we don't wanna add stages and music for them", it would come off as lazy and if there's anything Sakurai and his team isn't, its being lazy. The guy /and/ his team would make ten unique fighters with a brand new stage and music tracks and mii costumes to come with them, and ever since last year's game awards where it was confirmed all DLC fighters would be brand new to smash bros, and that promise has been kept so far. I don't think we're getting any pure singles like Piranha Plant, since it was honestly quite obvious the guy was meant for base but they couldn't get him done in time and we have ten perfectly lined up slots for two more passes. Its best to assume that will be the standard of the whole DLC cycle rather than thinking it won't apply after fighter number 5.

The /ONLY/ case I see us getting echo fighters is if they're packaged with a DLC fighter they're based off of, for example... Artoria from Fate/Stay Night having Mordred or Nero packaged in with her as her echo fighter if Shirou Emiya isn't playable alongside her as some sort of switch character like Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When after fighter 5 we have ten slots for two more passes I give that a big doubt my guy, I don't think we'll be getting any new echo fighters until the next game and I'm glad about that, I'd rather new and unique fighters over whats essentially 8 new costume slots and what would be an excuse for Nintendo to further devolve into a money-grubbing company like EA like they already are with those stupid subscription services in mobile games. As I said: why waste even the slightest amount of time to make new echoes when you have proven to your consumers you can give 5 fighters out in about a years time? Pretty stupid move to cause some major backlash from the majority of the fanbase if you ask me. Also, its pretty damn obvious they will have stages and music with them. /EVERY/ fighter (besides R.O.B. but he's an exception like he is to everything for being a toy and not a video game character and I honestly think a Gyromite stage would be cool, but Mario Bros. is fine) in modern smash history has always brought a stage from their series with them alongside music. We have several stages and music for Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Earthbound, F-zero, Star Fox, Pokemon, Ice Climbers, Fire Emblem (Melee didn't have one but its been proven a Fire Emblem traveling stage was planned but was cut due to the unfair and strict development time of melee, if it was given a fair and normal development cycle it would've been there and we would also have a non-clone Ganondorf and several fighters from Brawl debuting in Melee), Kid Icarus, Game and Watch, Wario, Sonic, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, and Pac-Man.

We have singular stages with music for: Metal Gear, Mega-Man, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Mii/Smash, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy (even if its just two), Bayonetta, Splatoon, Castlevania, Persona, Dragon Quest, Banjo and Kazooie, and SNK.

We also have just music for: Gyromite, but as I said Mario Bros is considered R.O.B"s "home stage".

Not even counting all the series we have music for that don't have stages for their series or the series that have stages and music but no fighters.

I mean no offense, but you must really be doubtful of Sakurai and his team to not try to deliver people the best experience they can give us if you think they would let ten unique fighters and their series not have the full smash bros. treatment by just saying "no... we don't wanna add stages and music for them", it would come off as lazy and if there's anything Sakurai and his team isn't, its being lazy. The guy /and/ his team would make ten unique fighters with a brand new stage and music tracks and mii costumes to come with them, and ever since last year's game awards where it was confirmed all DLC fighters would be brand new to smash bros, and that promise has been kept so far. I don't think we're getting any pure singles like Piranha Plant, since it was honestly quite obvious the guy was meant for base but they couldn't get him done in time and we have ten perfectly lined up slots for two more passes. Its best to assume that will be the standard of the whole DLC cycle rather than thinking it won't apply after fighter number 5.

The /ONLY/ case I see us getting echo fighters is if they're packaged with a DLC fighter they're based off of, for example... Artoria from Fate/Stay Night having Mordred or Nero packaged in with her as her echo fighter if Shirou Emiya isn't playable alongside her as some sort of switch character like Pokemon Trainer.
You make a good point about the Echos being a waste of space for WoL slots, I totally forgot about that. But I wasn't calling Sakurai and co lazy, I just think characters post Pass won't come with as much as the characters in the Season Pass. Also, Game & Watch made his playable Smash debut in Melee, not Brawl. Game & Watch was the last character you unlocked in Melee.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
You make good point about the Echos being a waste of space for WoL slots, I totally forgot about that. But I wasn't calling Sakurai and co lazy, I just think characters post Pass won't with as much as the characters in the Season Pass. Also, Game & Watch made his playable Smash debut in Melee, not Brawl. Game & Watch was the last character you unlocked in Melee.
I know that, just a minor mistake in listing the series, point still kinda stands though. Personally I think they'll still be the full deal considering every DLC of a non-already represented series has always gotten a new stage and several pieces of music to come with them alongside mii fighters. Even back in the Smash 4 days, even already represented series who had veterans and newcomers coming in through Smash 4 dlc brought Mii Costumes with them, only exception being Mewtwo due to his special circumstances unless you want to argue he brought wave 1 with him. Then we also had separate solo stages to make up the lack of a new stage for the returning veterans and Corrin even if the dates don't exactly line up plus interest with the inclusion of the Mario Maker stage. Corrin still brought music from Fates to Smash 4 too actually despite t here being no FE Fates stage.

So... again, everything post fighter pass #1 will most likely still come with the same stuff. A stage, music tracks, mii fighters, the character themselves, and spirits.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
A bit off topic but I was curious about something. I see a lot of people are looking towards The Game Awards for news on FP5, but my question is how likely do you think that Nintendo would announce her there? I only played the Xenosaga trilogy recently (thanks to Xenoblade 2) so I missed seeing them as they were coming out, so my knowledge of the games is very after the fact. A Nintendo direct is one thing, you can announce anyone there, but would KOS-MOS be a hype moment for Nintendo like is was for Joker last year?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
A bit off topic but I was curious about something. I see a lot of people are looking towards The Game Awards for news on FP5, but my question is how likely do you think that Nintendo would announce her there? I only played the Xenosaga trilogy recently (thanks to Xenoblade 2) so I missed seeing them as they were coming out, so my knowledge of the games is very after the fact. A Nintendo direct is one thing, you can announce anyone there, but would KOS-MOS be a hype moment for Nintendo like is was for Joker last year?
If you want to believe text leaks it is the game awards yeah. I see nowhere else unless they do a direct announcement Tuesday. As for KOS-MOS not being a hype character for the game awards who even knows.... Nintendo went to the game awards to show off cranky Kong playable in tropical Freeze once.... so I dont even believe in those "IT HAS TO BE A HYPE CHARACTER MOMENT" people.

I dunno if the leak last night is real but the guy said he doesn't know why they picked the game awards but his best guess is that XB2 is a massive success.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
If you want to believe text leaks it is the game awards yeah. I see nowhere else unless they do a direct announcement Tuesday. As for KOS-MOS not being a hype character for the game awards who even knows.... Nintendo went to the game awards to show off cranky Kong playable in tropical Freeze once.... so I dont even believe in those "IT HAS TO BE A HYPE CHARACTER MOMENT" people.

I dunno if the leak last night is real but the guy said he doesn't know why they picked the game awards but his best guess is that XB2 is a massive success.
Wait, THAT’S when they announced cranky Kong in tropical Freeze?! I forgot it was at the game awards. LOL never mind, who knows what Nintendo will do there.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It is possible they could reveal the first post FP DLC fighter there alongside her too who could be something that generates big hype.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

Last I checked XBC2 has only sold 1.7 million copies. A success and the biggest for/in the series? Yes (X and 1 only sold 1.4 million, don't got the numbers on Saga or Gears if you wanted to include those). A massive success in general? No. For comparison the overall top five best selling switch games have sold over 10 million copies. The top ten most are over 5 million copies but those on the low side (aka under five million) are recent releases so that number will most likely increase over 5 million given time or be succeeded by something else like XBC2 was when it was apart of the top ten in the first/second year of the switch's lifespan.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Last I checked XBC2 has only sold 1.7 million copies. A success and the biggest for/in the series? Yes (X and 1 only sold 1.4 million, don't got the numbers on Saga or Gears if you wanted to include those). A massive success in general? No. For comparison the overall top five best selling switch games have sold over 10 million copies. The top ten most are over 5 million copies but those on the low side (aka under five million) are recent releases so that number will most likely increase over 5 million given time or be succeeded by something else like XBC2 was when it was apart of the top ten in the first/second year of the switch's lifespan.
I guess the way I see it is since Xenosaga Episode 1 sold 1 million it was a great success but the rest of the games suffered cause of episode II's crappy decisions. So XB2 is a big success for Takahashi and Monolith Soft and this is great for him because he always wanted to make Xenosaga HD if someone can fund it

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And then this year he had a interview with Harada where he admitted Nintendo is quite forceful about Xenoblade cause it is selling well and he wishes he can go back to his old IPS. There's nothing stopping him now with the success of Xenoblade 2. I'm only speculating here but if KOS-MOS comes to smash with her XB2 Appearance it would really make sense. Also, this is more of a reach but Soraya Saga stopped retweeting directs to give fans indication Xeno will be in directs.... given the KOS-MOS rumours lately it is kind of funny. Obviously I dont want to be that person that thinks KOS-MOS is 100% in right now but maybe just maybe Soraya Saga knows something about surprise Xeno stuff.... and you know smash appears in directs.

Speculation aside, I feel like XB2 is huge for Monolith Soft and KOS-MOS especially. Special artwork with Torna (KOS-MOS HAS NO ROLE IN TORNA WHATSOEVER. They love her and there is no denying that), giving T-ELOS as a blade as a thank you for finishing the game, and KOS-MOS is getting a expensive figurine from XB2 released by Goodsmile (the #1 company that made KOS-MOS figmas in the past). Things are great for Monolith and let's also mention front cover of the 20th anniversary artwork for KOS-MOS.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
They love her and there is no denying that
No way bro, as someone who had never even heard of Xeno before Operation Rainfall I can tell you with full confidence what Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga truly think about the games they have been making for two decades and their characters, KOS-MOS basically has no reason to exist now that they have Shulk.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
No way bro, as someone who had never even heard of Xeno before Operation Rainfall I can tell you with full confidence what Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga truly think about the games they have been making for two decades and their characters, KOS-MOS basically has no reason to exist now that they have Shulk.

Lol I know you're joking because someone in the newcomer thread said Shulk is the face of Xeno yesterday <_<

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I guess the way I see it is since Xenosaga Episode 1 sold 1 million it was a great success but the rest of the games suffered cause of episode II's crappy decisions..
I mean, back in those days yeah, one million sales was a great success... today, it's still good for secondary IPs but still not exactly great in today's standards, some companies... cough Capcom cough think its absolutely terrible unless they sell like... 5 million or 15 million copies or something, I know it was something unrealistic unless you're like Mario levels of knowm.

But hey, who am I exactly to judge if something is considered a great success or not? I don't work in some marketing thing or as a company CEO.

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Apparently so.
Now i assume the only thing we have to wait for is whenever BAMCO gets their next rep and hope it's KOS-MOS

having no leak or evidence to support that claim obviously. (Well, other than a weird trademark)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, we're not Fighter 5, I guess.

Who could possible be Fighter #5 now? From Touhou? From ArcSys?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, on the bright side...she's still in a much better spot than Rex in terms of chances for DLC (it kinda hurt to type that out).

It's not over until it's over, guys. Just continue to let your voices be heard and I'm sure that she'll turn up in Smash one day.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Really? that stinks. :(

EDIT: Man that really really leaves like, no one left. Reimu, and Shantae... who else really?

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Disappointing. I mean, I always had her odds below 50% ((As in good, but likely as not it'll be someone else)), though I must say, following this thread had me optimistic.

Curious HOW Vergeben knows it isn't Bamco. If he was told by some source "It isn't any Bamco representative" then I'd still hold hope that it is maybe his source considers KOS-MOS Re: as a Xenoblade rep and therefore she is still viable as such. ((Again, still below 50%)) or if he has a source that told him Bandai Namco wasn't approached for licensing, then all hope is lost assuming no nonsense like Re: being distinct enough not to violate Namco's ownership. ((If you trust Vergeben.))

Edit: I'm less holding out for hope because I believe there is a chance and more because this speculation is fun.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Namco post fighter number five then.

I suppose my only remaining hope for fighter number five can be found in despair now, ironic, isn't it?

I'll be on my home-thread of the Monokuma Support thread until we start speculating on fighter #6 and beyond really hard.

That or Verge gets this wrong like he did with Minecraft content, Sabi is looking into Bandai Namco and Level 5 being deconfirmed to either verify or debunk Verge's claims there though.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Expect_Nothing.png

This is me right now. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and crush everyone else's hopes, so continue supporting our lady to your heart's content. I'll be silently cheering from a distance while I wallow in nihilistic despair.

Top Bottom