• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Whether this is true or not, I think Verg is full of crap.
His leaks are actually so questionable, Sabi is pretty much telling us it’s wrong. Sabi has never tackled on a Verge leaks like she has after his Namco deconfirmations.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Vergeben and Sabi are arguably questionable when you can consider how Terry was technically leaked by Nintendo, Hero was datamined, and Banjo was pretty expected due to how many requested him for years.

I'm not sure if they've been right with Joker or Plant, but Verge recently reinforced his new and accurate source(s) for Smash and admitted to being wrong about the Minecraft content (back when we he had an old and accurate source he claims).

It may not be Kosy, but it could be either Reimu or Hayabusa, and that could reinforced credibility of the 2nd cat leak.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Vergeben and Sabi are arguably questionable when you can consider how Terry was technically leaked by Nintendo, Hero was datamined, and Banjo was pretty expected due to how many requested him for years.
Someone far more credible than them leaked banjo and then they jumped on it. You can't even praise their guessing skills for that one.
I'm not sure if they've been right with Joker or Plant
No.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Someone far more credible than them leaked banjo and then they jumped on it. You can't even praise their guessing skills for that one.

No.
Why does anyone trust Verge and Sabi again? **** it. I made a more compelling case for Kosmos than they had in the dlc leaks with their credibility.

D

Deleted member

So uhhhh remember this? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ6ZrupWkAAI5Pr?format=jpg&name=large

Well Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC very soon apparently! Is KOS-MOS FP5? Did Verge lie?

Anyway here’s the news. https://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-...predicted-the-same-thing-for-death-stranding/
Coincidence. It's not like Horizon Zero Dawn wasn't a popular game. PC port isn't an improbable guess.

Now if they got more stuff right, that'd be when I keep my eye on it.

D

Deleted member

Also being real, I wouldn't be so quick to jump against Vergeben. This is reminding me of the time he said Isaac would be an assist trophy and the Isaac thread immediately ignored it in favor of Grinch.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Also being real, I wouldn't be so quick to jump against Vergeben. This is reminding me of the time he said Isaac would be an assist trophy and the Isaac thread immediately ignored it in favor of Grinch.
The Grinch leak had a lot of BS and “blaring” proof. Vergeben was far more accurate about base game smash stuff during those times. Right now, the security seems tight.

Last edited:

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I agree. I doubt that Verge is wrong here (as much as it pains me to admit this). At the same time, I want to view our circumstances as realistically as possible so that I won't set myself up for disappointment again.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I agree. I doubt that Verge is wrong here (as much as it pains me to admit this). At the same time, I want to view our circumstances as realistically as possible so that I won't set myself up for disappointment again.
Was Verge actually useful after the base game?

D

Deleted member

The Grinch leak had a lot of BS and “blaring” proof. Vergeben was far more accurate about base game smash stuff during those times. Right now, the security seems tight.
You're right in that security is probably really tight for FP 5. If their sources really cannot say who it is without risking their job, Nintendo's probably really getting sick of the leak nonsense.

I do have a wack theory that says Verge and Sabi's sources are lying to them about who's out, and will only wait until it's safe to say who FP 5 is (even if it's one of the deconfirmations).

Nothing proves it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You're right in that security is probably really tight for FP 5. If their sources really cannot say who it is without risking their job, Nintendo's probably really getting sick of the leak nonsense.

I do have a wack theory that says Verge and Sabi's sources are lying to them about who's out, and will only wait until it's safe to say who FP 5 is (even if it's one of the deconfirmations).
I’m getting more suspicious it’s Namco because it’s the best way they can hide the fighter. Remember the Pac-Man thing? It shows how Sakurai and Namco in general are extremely tricky within the workplace. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s exactly why the leaks have been harder and harder as time goes by.

Tonberry2k

Smash Cadet
I’m getting more suspicious it’s Namco because it’s the best way they can hide the fighter. Remember the Pac-Man thing? It shows how Sakurai and Namco in general are extremely tricky within the workplace. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s exactly why the leaks have been harder and harder as time goes by.
What was the PacMan thing?

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Pac-man leaked by Gematsu as early as Smash 4's reveal?

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Hmmm... part of the reason the recent KOS-MOS hype was from the number of deconfirms*. So if to maintain KOS-MOS hype we assume a lack of credibility, then who else is back in the running? Ie: who did he disconfirm that weren't coroborated by other credible leakers?

*There are a number of other reasons, such as Monolith Soft and Namco helping on this game, her appearance in Xenoblade 2, crossover queen etc. But all those were long standing details that don't explain the new levels of hype. The Monolith Soft anniversary and KOS-MOS' prominence on the art for it helped, but couldn't be tied directly to Smash.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Basically, if he just blows smoke on things like this he'd lose credibility, and that's all he has as a leaker. I also suspect that in the event that he's right, saying that getting the information he has was "rediculously easy" would be incorrect, as if it were more than one person would have the information.
To be fair, he's been wrong in the past, but I don't think he was ever dishonest, especially since he's been right about a lot of things in so far. He was certain we'd get Minecraft content in the past, but we never got anything for it. He probably misunderstood what he heard at the time. No deceit intended.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, he's been wrong in the past, but I don't think he was ever dishonest, especially since he's been right about a lot of things in so far. He was certain we'd get Minecraft content in the past, but we never got anything for it. He probably misunderstood what he heard at the time. No deceit intended.
The Minecraft thing was a bad source apparently.

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
There was this credible fellow on Smashboards who's apparently known to be a reliable source for Sabi (or something along those lines. According to him, his NoA buddy reinforced the deconfirmation of Bamco and now confirmed that Capcom is officially outta the running for FP5.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Almost certainly because Rathalos's name was "enderdragon_" in the game's files, which...yeah.

There was this credible fellow on Smashboards who's apparently known to be a reliable source for Sabi (or something along those lines. According to him, his NoA buddy reinforced the deconfirmation of Bamco and now confirmed that Capcom is officially outta the running for FP5.
Just wanna note that Sabi hasn't corroborated the actual claim, at least. At first Sabi thought it was mere speculation and dude got a little mad.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Almost certainly because Rathalos's name was "enderdragon_" in the game's files, which...yeah.

Just wanna note that Sabi hasn't corroborated the actual claim, at least. At first Sabi thought it was mere speculation and dude got a little mad.
So it was confusion after all. That's hilarious. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that Arcsys has a legitimate shot for Fighter #5, at least until they're disconfirmed by Verge or just Fighter #5 releasing and not being from Arcsys.

Also, I recognize you from other places! Seeing your Kasandraposting had me like:
Man_of_Culture.jpg

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
With all the deconfimations lately, i feel like there's 2 possible senarios: 1. Vergeben and Sabi's sources are lying/misinformed, or fp5 is REALLY out there, like, a character absolutely no one has guessed. It would be cool if it was Sol, but I find a Guilty Gear rep is unlikely, even though i'd like one even more than a Xeno rep.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Kasandraposting
Totally stealing this term, bahahahaha.

Also, I'm still firm in my belief that KOS-MOS would be the most "poetic" way to close out the Fighters Pass. The Nintendo/Namco KOS-MOS partnership has already been explored via XC2 (and even Project X Zone 2 where she's partnered with Fiora), and she would represent not just a game, not just a series, but more the entire image of Nintendo's most productive subsidiary even though they don't actually own her. It's so unique how she could be a third-party pick keeping with the established "rules" of the Fighters Pass yet still feel like a 50/50 collaboration.

Phoenix Wright may be my most wanted third-party character, but if you asked me why he should be in I wouldn't be able to give a very non-personal answer. He'd be the first dude from a visual novel and the rest comes down to "I want him."

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Totally stealing this term, bahahahaha.

Also, I'm still firm in my belief that KOS-MOS would be the most "poetic" way to close out the Fighters Pass. The Nintendo/Namco KOS-MOS partnership has already been explored via XC2 (and even Project X Zone 2 where she's partnered with Fiora), and she would represent not just a game, not just a series, but more the entire image of Nintendo's most productive subsidiary even though they don't actually own her. It's so unique how she could be a third-party pick keeping with the established "rules" of the Fighters Pass yet still feel like a 50/50 collaboration.

Phoenix Wright may be my most wanted third-party character, but if you asked me why he should be in I wouldn't be able to give a very non-personal answer. He'd be the first dude from a visual novel and the rest comes down to "I want him."
I know this might be strange, but what if the reason we get so many deconfirmations because Kosmos is labeled as a Monoloith Soft character instead of a Namco character? It’s pretty dumb, yet Joker and Banjo do get that kind of treatment due to being made by Atlus and Banjo respectfully. What I picked up was that the current terms were ridiculously broad. They never talked about sections within the company or WERE in the company.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I know this might be strange, but what if the reason we get so many deconfirmations because Kosmos is labeled as a Monoloith Soft character instead of a Namco character? It’s pretty dumb, yet Joker and Banjo do get that kind of treatment due to being made by Atlus and Banjo respectfully. What I picked up was that the current terms were ridiculously broad. They never talked about sections within the company or WERE in the company.
That just comes off as weird to me. Monolith Soft created the Xeno- series, yeah, but last I checked, Xenosaga is flat-out owned by Bandai-Namco. I can certainly understand why people would think Monolith Soft still has the rights to KOS-MOS, especially after Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but there’s just...something in my brain that prevents me from seeing why they would treat KOS-MOS like a Monolith Soft character instead of a Namco character. Not to say I don’t see your line of reasoning in thinking just “Bandai Namco” is broad. I find it weird that companies that used to be a part of Namco or are a part of Namco aren’t really specified. That being said, my line of thinking is that when they said no one from Bandai Namco, they mean the entirety of Bandai Namco. Again, not to diminish your line of thinking. Just saying.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That just comes off as weird to me. Monolith Soft created the Xeno- series, yeah, but last I checked, Xenosaga is flat-out owned by Bandai-Namco. I can certainly understand why people would think Monolith Soft still has the rights to KOS-MOS, especially after Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but there’s just...something in my brain that prevents me from seeing why they would treat KOS-MOS like a Monolith Soft character instead of a Namco character. Not to say I don’t see your line of reasoning in thinking just “Bandai Namco” is broad. I find it weird that companies that used to be a part of Namco or are a part of Namco aren’t really specified. That being said, my line of thinking is that when they said no one from Bandai Namco, they mean the entirety of Bandai Namco. Again, not to diminish your line of thinking. Just saying.
Monoloith is a part of Nintendo now and Kosmos is more aligned with them in image instead of Namco. It’s a pretty odd circumstance since they are the creators of Kosmos, still use Kosmos as a mascot, except they don’t own her. With real insiders, they’re trying to avoid being serious by posting on 4chan or play rigged mental games like the one we see here. They can practically deconfirm anything without issue.

Do we have any odd cases like Monoloith’s?

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Yes, Thank you so much for finding it. My backups were all broken links.

Also, things got heated in the newcomer speculation thread. KOS-MOS VS Nightmare war essentially before. It was pretty bad
since that subsided due to recent disappointment, i hope that NEVER happens again.
because Nightmare and Kossy are both great choices, its all up to Sakurai/Nintendo to choose; not some idiots pretending to be jocks saying KOS-MOS is just "fapbait kungfu gynoid with religious ties" or some dip****s saying Nightmare is essentially adding another FE character.

also EVEN if inside rumors end up 100% true, do not think its the end of KOS-MOS for Smash in-general or future DLC seasons like 2 or even 3.
at least we could try to work on getting Namco to get Xenosaga remade and back on track with more sequels first before we try again.

and maybe shift the Smash opinion into our in-defense favor someday like people do with Geno, Isaac, and Banjo, lol.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
since that subsided due to recent disappointment, i hope that NEVER happens again.
because Nightmare and Kossy are both great choices, its all up to Sakurai/Nintendo to choose; not some idiots pretending to be jocks saying KOS-MOS is just "fapbait kungfu gynoid with religious ties" or some dip****s saying Nightmare is essentially adding another FE character.

also EVEN if inside rumors end up 100% true, do not think its the end of KOS-MOS for Smash in-general or future DLC seasons like 2 or even 3.
at least we could try to work on getting Namco to get Xenosaga remade and back on track with more sequels first before we try again.

and maybe shift the Smash opinion into our in-defense favor someday like people do with Geno, Isaac, and Banjo, lol.
There’s one powerful word around: Lloyd

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
2018082605261500-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg

I like how despite the Blade being distinct from the original character, KOS-MOS Re: is still part of this four-person Xeno squad that gives Elma a strange feeling when assembled. It's why I would hope no one considers it "controversial" for Smash KOS-MOS to heavily take inspiration from her XC2 incarnation, because unlike if this were just an alternate costume of somebody else, the spirit is definitely embodied here.

XC2 spoilers:

KOS-MOS's Blade Quest involves a Shion expy making an upgrade for her.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So uhm ReMind got another trailer guys and the leak with Horizon Zero Dawn PC got the January release date right for ReMind. Things are getting interesting. Geoff Keighley himself even said that RE3 would not be at the show and the game awards leak from November didn't have it. So what are we thinking? Is KOS-MOS really #5? I dunno but there's TWO things from that leak that have ended up true in the space of one week. AND there's a STATE OF PLAY this week where Horizon Zero Dawn PC could probably be saved for the game awards.

Interestingly, Sabi's credibility has dropped a ton today with her latest tweet. Also, I should specify that HZD PC on epic game store is extremely possible. They have Beyond, Detroit, heavy Rain, Journey, etc on there.

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/kingdom...uary-23-2020-for-ps4-february-25-for-xbox-one

Last edited:

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
Guys...
https://twitter.com/smashbrosjp/status/1203086718070644736

I see four images.
One has Pac-Man claiming the +1 Flag besides everyone else.
Next one shows Shulk way to the side and Dedede fights with a hammer.
“Hammer” is a name from Xenosaga as most of you know.
And Daisy is included with all the Dlc released.
Either it is Reimu (because she and Daisy are related to spring and flowers) or KOS-MOS is being teased.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Guys...
https://twitter.com/smashbrosjp/status/1203086718070644736

I see four images.
One has Pac-Man claiming the +1 Flag besides everyone else.
Next one shows Shulk way to the side and Dedede fights with a hammer.
“Hammer” is a name from Xenosaga as most of you know.
And Daisy is included with all the Dlc released.
Either it is Reimu (because she and Daisy are related to spring and flowers) or KOS-MOS is being teased.
....... KOS-MOS is also named Princess of the First Division and Daisy is a princess.

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
....... KOS-MOS is also named Princess of the First Division and Daisy is a princess.
Ooh.... I don’t think I have gotten to that point of Xenosaga yet lol. All of is forcing me make it a goal to finish Xenosaga episode 1 before Game Awards lol. Let’s also keep it realistic, Dinah but oh man.

Last edited:
Top Bottom