• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
And Sakurai said it is better that a character is fun to play and not just recognizable which just proves nobody will ever understand Nintendo and Sakurai's thoughts. Sakurai and Nintendo can put whatever they want. Anything is possible.

Indeed. KOS-MOS is not a dead character one bit. Her series might be over for the time being but she's survived in crossovers and spiritual successor Xenoblade.

Also the Zohar in the back glows like in Xenosaga. So in the back you have Xenosaga and in the front the new Xenoblade 3 protagonist looking at all the Xenoblade main characters. This is clearly from his/her point of view. I think KOS-MOS will have a role in Xenoblade 3 as well.
For the bottom image, Elma’s in the center. What if she appears in Xenoblade X 2?

fitting cause Elma’s true form borrows some design elements from both KOS-MOS and T-elos

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
For the bottom image, Elma’s in the center. What if she appears in Xenoblade X 2?

fitting cause Elma’s true form borrows some design elements from both KOS-MOS and T-elos
Would be incredible and well KOS-MOS and Elma already met in Elma's Xenoblade 2 quest ;)

But honestly though Future connected did have some X lore (especially the telethia going through the rift) but I think it is setting up Xenosaga to be relevant again especially since the new enemies (Fog King) and such are essentially Gnosis. I'm not sure about Xenoblade X 2 as much as that would be cool! But one thing is for sure and that is you find out all the Xeno games are connected in future connected. Shulk even uses the hilbert effect to damage the Fog King.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Regarding RTC, I don't find it too bad to post in there, but man, it's clear when people just HATE a character. It was unfortunate how KOS-MOS got that stuff just due to some silly "leaks". That being said, I left a rating there, it might not seem too high but that's more because I'm not very confident in characters at the moment. I find more fun in discussing them and what they could bring if they did come.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Rate Their Chances...where do I even begin.

I'm tempted to post over there and give her a 15% but I really don't need that negativity in my life. Not now not ever. there's just no point. We all know the RTC thread is biased and the people over there are just a bunch of ravenous dogs when it comes to characters they don't care about. Like it's actually mind boggling to me how a character like Geno has been a backlog character every time smash speculation is brought up when he is unironically the most overrated character for smash. Most if not all arguments against KOS-MOS aren't even true and if anything, the cons detractors will have you believing in can and should be applied to Geno. Irrelevant character? check. Won't make Nintendo or the 3rd party company any money? check. Stiff competition with more popular/Iconic characters for smash? check. Geno doesn't even have the luxury of being a preserved character for crossovers like Morrigan and KOS-MOS do and yet for a long time he has been one of the most talked about newcomers for every smash game...

Edit: Geno DID make an appearance in M&L superstar saga, but even that was cut from the 3DS remake...

The bias is real and a part of me is glad Geno detractors got their just desserts when Sephiroth killed off the doll. That alone is proof that popular speculation characters can be unceremoniously killed off just like that. Poor doll didn't even get so much as a properly modeled head and music tracks alongside him.

This is not meant to be an attack on Geno supporters. This post was trying to explain the disjointed opinions of characters like Geno vs other niche characters like KOS-MOS. Only difference is that even "irrelevant" characters such as KOS-MOS are more relevant than Geno has and forever will be.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

I'm tempted to post over there and give her a 15% but I really don't need that negativity in my life. Not now not ever. there's just no point. We all know the RTC thread is biased and the people over there are just a bunch of ravenous dogs when it comes to characters they don't care about. Like it's actually mind boggling to me how a character like Geno has been a backlog character every time smash speculation is brought up when he is unironically the most overrated character for smash. Literally all arguments for KOS-MOS aren't even true and if anything, the cons detractors will have you believing in can and should be applied to Geno. Irrelevant character? check. Won't make Nintendo or the 3rd party company any money? check. Stiff competition with more popular/Iconic characters for smash? check. Geno doesn't even have the luxury of being a preserved character for crossovers like Morrigan and KOS-MOS do and yet for a long time he has been one of the most talked about newcomers for every smash game...

The bias is real and a part of me is glad Geno detractors got their just desserts when Sephiroth killed off the doll. That alone is proof that popular speculation characters can be unceremoniously killed off just like that. Poor doll didn't even get so much as a properly modeled head and music tracks alongside him.

This is not meant to be an attack on Geno supporters. This post was trying to explain the disjointed opinions of characters like Geno vs other niche characters like KOS-MOS. Only difference is that even "irrelevant" characters KOS-MOS are more relevant than Geno has and forever will be.
Dude, I'm a Geno supporter, and he has been my most wanted for years for personal reasons and that he was part of a game/genre that made up a significant part of Mario's history. That doesn't mean I wouldn't support other characters, and KOS-MOS is no exception.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Seeing a guy who spent a long time arguing in favor of Terry in front of naysayers regurgitating the same arguments he now champions against CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE BECAUSE MUH LLOYD is quite possibly the quintessence of the Smash fanbase.
I'm guessing this is referring to me so I'll just address this comment and dip out:
  • I really don't care about Lloyd. I have exactly 3.5 hours of playtime Symphonia according to Steam, most of which was just farming Steam cards as I didn't get far in it (it's now currently in my Steam backlog along with... hundreds of other games). Granted I wouldn't mind Lloyd getting in but not to the point where I'd hate KOS-MOS because of it.
  • While I really wanted Terry in Smash, I never thought he was actually likely. Best score I ever gave the general idea of an SNK character getting in was 15%, and about a month before Terry was actually revealed I gave it a 10% which is pretty low. Terry was always a pipe dream to me and even now I still can't believe he got in.
  • I won't go into the specifics as I don't want an argument to happen, but I think almost everyone even outside of RTC can agree that Terry/SNK did have more things going for them than KOS-MOS at the time (such as the KoF series still going strong and SNK as a whole reviving their entire company around 2016).
  • Despite me not thinking KOS-MOS is too likely, I have nothing against the character herself or Xenosaga. That's why I always abstain from her want ratings. KOS-MOS herself does look cool though.
Again I just wanted to pop in and address this comment to clear up some misinformation. I don't want to start an off-topic argument that could potentially break site rules so let's just agree to end it here.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Literally all arguments for KOS-MOS aren't even true and if anything,
Ok, I'm not one to come in and try and cause trouble in other peoples threads, but this bothers me a lot.

How is this tweet

Which is also the tweet that most people are basing their ratings off of, untrue? It's literally right here. Like you don't have to like the fact we're rating one of your characters low but don't pretend that we're just making stuff up.

And also to your Geno point, the regulars to my knowledge don't rate him that high. We get a lot of crossover from his thread on his days and they mostly give out the high ratings and piece out until he's back up. That's not unique to Geno though, that's a pretty common occurrence in the thread for characters with active support threads.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I'm not one to come in and try and cause trouble in other peoples threads, but this bothers me a lot.

How is this tweet

Which is also the tweet that most people are basing their ratings off of, untrue? It's literally right here. Like you don't have to like the fact we're rating one of your characters low but don't pretend that we're just making stuff up.

And also to your Geno point, the regulars to my knowledge don't rate him that high. We get a lot of crossover from his thread on his days and they mostly give out the high ratings and piece out until he's back up. That's not unique to Geno though, that's a pretty common occurrence in the thread for characters with active support threads.
You got me there. After I read your comment I have since changed my post a tiny bit to better reflect on her chances. I will admit the Harada tweet is damning to KOS-MOS's chances however I will argue that is the only thing that directly conflicts with her being selected as DLC. Having your remaster be discarded because your own company doesn't have faith in the success of your games is not a good look for you at all. But I will stand on my other points I made.

Luty

Smash Cadet
You got me there. After I read your comment I have since changed my post a tiny bit to better reflect on her chances. I will admit the Harada tweet is damning to KOS-MOS's chances however I will argue that is the only thing that directly conflicts with her being selected as DLC. Having your remaster be discarded because your own company doesn't have faith in the success of your games is not a good look for you at all. But I will stand on my other points I made.
Just because a remake will not happen does not mean KOS-MOS, herself, will not happen in ongoing games or spinoffs. Selecting a new character is not based solely on a new game coming to Switch, see Banjo and Kazooie. KOS-MOS is marketable as DLC, I am sure.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Considering how Monolithsoft is pretty high up in Nintendo's partnership for the past decade or so, it would shock me if Nintendo wouldn't want to pay them back for helping develop one of their biggest hits
Exactly. If it wasn't for Xenosaga, Xenoblade wouldn't exist and Nintendo would have never own Monolith Soft.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I won't go into the specifics as I don't want an argument to happen, but I think almost everyone even outside of RTC can agree that Terry/SNK did have more things going for them than KOS-MOS at the time (such as the KoF series still going strong and SNK as a whole reviving their entire company around 2016)
You know this is a public forum right
I don't see it happening at all. There are bigger fighting games and space is limited. Maybe a Mix Costume as DLC or a trophy but that's being generous.

Double 0

Nominate No more stages x5
Terry Bogard

Not worth negotiating with SNK for him, not famous enough, Sakurai didn't really want to include fighting game characters in the first place but at least Ryu (and by extension, Ken) made sense as the most iconic fighting game character. A lot of the point of Smash is to have non-fighting game characters crossover and fight each in a way they don't otherwise. Adding more than a couple fighting game characters doesn't work with that. Don't see much fan demand and don't see much point. There are plenty of better options.

Double 0%
Abstaining from Terry Bogard.
(Like 6 of these in a row)
Literally Who again

Chance
: 1%
Want: 0%

While Terry may be the biggest name in King of Fighters, the series itself isn’t one of the biggest names worldwide. Look at all of the abstentions today - should say something about his visibility. And there lies his biggest problem: he’s obscure to desent parts of the world.

All of the third parties we had now exist on the continuum between absolute icons and recognizable to most gamers. KoF is a pretty regional fighting game - popular in the east, nearly unheard of in the west besides its company’s penchant for difficult bosses. At least Mortal Kombat is known about in the east...though not necessarily for the games themselves.

We’ve yet to get a Lucas-level obscure third party, so I’m not thinking this is gonna happen. And I don’t need more third parties that people can’t identify by their look alone. After all, this guy really does look like Ken on an off-day...
Terry Bogard

Chance: 10%
With so many all-stars and fan favorites we have yet to put in, I don't see him having a chance. Never mind that he isn't internationally popular, which could destroy a third party's chances.
Want: 40%
He'd probably be cool to play, and I don't know much about him, so it would be neat to learn about what he can do. I'm not sure if he really deserves a spot though.
Terry Bogard want: 0% (5-10)

Fiery punch and kick guy. Captain Falcon already fills this niche, even if Terry has more fire. It seems to me that people are tending too much towards "main characters," when other characters would add more diversity to the game.
Terry Bogard

Chance - 0.5% - I don't see it. Only really iconic within the Fighting Game community, Terry just doesn't have the star power to drive the sales. There isn't some Smash fan base for him, either. I don't see it.

Want - 35% - Keep fighting game characters out. Either they end up going too close to a character already in, or they break the game with their special gimmicky inputs. Neither seems appealing to me.
Terry
Chance: 0.1%
Yet another third party character with almost no fan demand for Smash. Also a pretty obscure character compared to the other third parties in Smash.
Want: N/A
Terry Bogard
Chance: 1%
With Heihachi not even being 100% at this point, Terry has some major hurdles to jump. I'm not too sure about his general popularity, but I don't think it beats out Ryu's or Heihachi's. Not to mention, we've recently been told that newcomer reveals will be taking a back seat for now.
Want: Abstain
No real knowledge of SNK whatsoever, so I'll have to sit this one out. Personally though, knowing he's from a fighting game series, I'd probably pass on him. Ryu fills that niche well enough IMO.
Also LOL at the gaslighting in here. No, people aren't complaining because of low scores. People are complaining because of the very obvious animosity. It's not particularly hard to see when you have people writing **** like "I hope she doesn't even get a mii costume or anything ever" and making non-stop references to her DELUDED fans in every other post. I'm sorry you were oh-so-very annoyed by fake leaks last year, hopefully you will all get over it one day.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

How is this tweet

Because that market failure analysis was years ago even before fighter's pass 2 got finalized. You are just here because you want to cause trouble. It's better to do research than say she has no chance based off that tweet. And also Terry's company got bankrupt twice and he's in smash. You quite literally aren't making sense. Please dont bring this in here, thanks.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

I'm tempted to post over there and give her a 15% but I really don't need that negativity in my life. Not now not ever. there's just no point. We all know the RTC thread is biased and the people over there are just a bunch of ravenous dogs when it comes to characters they don't care about. Like it's actually mind boggling to me how a character like Geno has been a backlog character every time smash speculation is brought up when he is unironically the most overrated character for smash. Literally all arguments for KOS-MOS aren't even true and if anything, the cons detractors will have you believing in can and should be applied to Geno. Irrelevant character? check. Won't make Nintendo or the 3rd party company any money? check. Stiff competition with more popular/Iconic characters for smash? check. Geno doesn't even have the luxury of being a preserved character for crossovers like Morrigan and KOS-MOS do and yet for a long time he has been one of the most talked about newcomers for every smash game...

This is not meant to be an attack on Geno supporters. This post was trying to explain the disjointed opinions of characters like Geno vs other niche characters like KOS-MOS. Only difference is that even "irrelevant" characters KOS-MOS are more relevant than Geno has and forever will be.

First off, let me just highlight your use of dehumanizing language. Calling people "ravenous dogs"... for not saying KOS MOS is likely is not cool dude. For someone preaching about negativity, it is a little hypocritical to use such negative and dehumanizing language just because people do not want a character you want in Smash. This is honestly a very unhealthy mindset to have about really anything, but for something that matters as little in the grand scheme of things as an internet debate about Smash Bros is concerning.

Second, most of the arguments that the people who say KOS MOS is not likely are true. Xenosaga has not had a new game since 2006. Her main crossover appearances were in games developed my Monolith Soft themselves. Her franchise is small and has not sold exceptionally well. The odds of a remaster based on what Namco has said themselves seems unlikely. Granted, it is ok to disagree about how likely she is. If you think she is likely, that is fine. But the main arguments against the character are valid, and saying all the arguments are not true will not suddenly make them not true.

Thirdly, Geno has actually been one of the single most controversial characters in RTC in general. The prevailing opinion on him in Smash Ultimate in RTC was always controversial. Many of his staunchest fans would come to RTC and make their case...as would his detractors. Geno honestly is a character that got lucky to have his support take off at just the right times. He had a massive bandwagon in Brawl that died in Smash 4 that got revived due to the mii costume. Don't believe me? Check out his Brawl vs 4 vs Ultimate threads or heck, the old Sm4sh RTC scores, where Geno struggled to hit a 40% want average. In fact, most of the regular posters in RTC were Geno doubters for a while.

Finally, you seem to have a vastly wrong opinion about RTC. This is something I have seen plenty of people do in this thread, so I am turning this post into a soapbox for a second.

RTC is a forum game, always has been. It is all for fun and the spirit of debate. Yes, plenty of people do not like KOS MOS. You know what is a better path to take then complain in here about negativity? Argue in her favor realistically. Some smaller "more niche" fanbases have done this to great effect. A few Danganronpa fans have made a strong effort to make Danganronpa speculation more of a thing. Puyo Puyo is also in the grand scheme of things a more niche franchise, but Arle regularly does well because her supporters make a strong realistic case. Adol is probably the greatest example of this, which is part of why I specifically put his day before KOS MOS'. Adol's supporters made a strong case while realizing his faults. As a result, Adol managed to crack top ten in want and do pretty well for himself in chance. Adol's supporters imo are the gold standard for what someone should do in an RTC day: come in, make a case for a character that is well researched, and convince others about their merits.

If you (I am using the plural you, not just the person I am quoting), am upset that people are not down on your character: make the case for them. Make a strong, well researched argument and be ready to defend against counter argu

And you're right! But if you and other fans choose to be silent, then those 0% want scores are going to dominate her total score and her rating will suffer as a result. And then the detractors win.

You can abstain on the chance score and even the other character if you want. All it takes is just two sentences explaining why you want the character and a rating. Pretty much what you wrote in this post saying you'll pass would qualify. (Assuming you add a period after the word "pass") Then you can just bolt from the thread and never look back.
This. This right here is the single best mentality you can take. Even if I think the word "detractors" is not the word I would use, it still encompasses my point. If y'all care about KOS MOS and do not like how people are rating her, then participate. Otherwise, it is a self fulfilling prophecy that "RTC is against insert character here". If a character's supporters do not show up, they tend to do worse overall. Rather than sit here and grumble, debate.

Also I usually end up linking threads specifically so that fans can get a chance to get their input and shoot their shot. I did not this time due to some IRL complications. Thanks for linking the thread here Mushroomguy, it honestly made me happy.

Seeing a guy who spent a long time arguing in favor of Terry in front of naysayers regurgitating the same arguments he now champions against CHARACTER I DON'T LIKE BECAUSE MUH LLOYD is quite possibly the quintessence of the Smash fanbase.

Edit: Also why are they rating her again? Wasn't she already rated just a few months ago? Does that thread have only 2 dozen characters put through a revolving door or do they just have notoriously poor knowledge of videogames?
Yes because throwing shade at other users outside of a thread while also strawmanning your opponent is totally a healthy mindset. I know how people rate characters in RTC, and the user in question is lukewarm on Lloyd.

In terms of why we rated her again, because last time we rated her was just after Min Min, and we got two more characters and potentially only have three left. I think I can say it makes sense to assume that someone's odds change at least a little. RTC does a fixed schedule after a certain amount of time because of that. It also lets popular characters get another chance to be revisited. Part of why she was rerated was also as a courtesy to her fans in an attempt to give them another chance to argue for her. There is no need to be toxic over this, especially when plenty of the arguments, most notably the Harada tweet are damning.

Comic Book Guy:

Chances 0%: It's a niche series that failed in sales so it's immediately out of the question.

Want 1%: I... ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT A NICHE ANIME WAIFU ROBOT IN MY SMASH BROS! Other than maybe for other reasons I won't discuss which is why my want score is 1%.
Yes, because the healthy,adult thing to do is strawman anyone who disagrees with your opinion. I don't think its a radical thing to say that a franchise having low sales and had it's remaster get rejected has a negative effect on ones chances.

And want is 100% subjective. It is an opinion. Turns out, some people do not like KOS MOS, Xenosaga, or got put off from her due to stuff like this. I've seen this thing happen first hand with other fanbases like Waluigi or Geno. I said this earlier and I will say it again: If you do not like how people discuss your most wanted, make an argument for them and support them. That is way more productive than this.

Bunch of ****ing idiots in the RTC board I swear... They just convinetly forget banjo hasn't had a game for longer then she has, but they don't care because they are Fanboys. Bunch of hypocritical babies.

If its not Dante or Sora or Geno they don't give a **** about anyone else.

First off, those are not even the popular characters in RTC. If you said Crash and Ryu Hayabusa, maybe. But Dante has always been looked at a bit bullishly, and he is the one that overall gets the least scrutiny of those three.

Second, I think you are forgetting the itty bitty tiny detail that Banjo was one of the single biggest requests for smash ultimate. He had a huge amount of ballot support and had a ton of support for DLC. And this is not just me talking about RTC, even though he regularly did pretty good there. I am talking about basically every fan poll out there. Banjo got in because of fan demand. If you really want me to nettle more though, Banjo Kazooie as a whole on the N64, not counting Rare Replay, XBLA, or anything else, sold 1.8 million. Xenosaga as a whole is hard to pin down sales due to Xenosaga II's full sales never being reported, but unless it sold better than it did in Japan across the rest of the globe, the Xenosaga franchise would not reach that number.

Finally, calling people "****ing idiots" and "hypocritical babies". Take a step back and relax first off. Now, instead of getting mad and strawmanning literally an entire thread of people, you stand by your arguments instead of strawmanning theirs.

For people that hate KOS-MOS they sure love to rate her a lot. Same tired arguments that can be applied to their characters as well. I don’t get why they think they know Sakurai’s and Nintendo’s thinking and that’s why speculation is super obnoxious outside this thread.
We do fixed schedules after a certain point because characters are popular and time changes. We went from knowing nothing about FP2 except Min Min was in to having half of it.

RTC, as I will say again and again, is a forum game and is meant to debate. I rarely agree with everything people post in RTC. But I respect plenty of their arguments. It also lets people talk about more niche stuff often since outside of these fixed schedules, the schedules are determined by what people care about and nominate. Is RTC always right? Depends. RTC tended to on average give out decent scores for most of the stuff that got rated. The only real glaring mess ups were Ridley, who was the second character ever rated when we knew nothing about the game, Incineroar, who was overshadowed by three other strong choices for a Gen 7 pokemon, and Joker who was literally going to be rated a few days after he was revealed.

And most of the arguments people use against KOS MOS... are used against other characters too. I know since you admit you prefer to stay in this thread for speculation, but from what I have seen the arguments that are not specific to KOS MOS, namely stuff not specific to Xenosaga or its remasters, are used very often for "their characters".

Also LOL at the gaslighting in here. No, people aren't complaining because of low scores. People are complaining because of the very obvious animosity. It's not particularly hard to see when you have people writing **** like "I hope she doesn't even get a mii costume or anything ever" and making non-stop references to her DELUDED fans in every other post. I'm sorry you were oh-so-very annoyed by fake leaks last year, hopefully you will all get over it one day.
It's pretty easy to cherry pick scores. Yeah, sometimes people are wrong. If I wanted to I could find a few people who gave Min Min a 0% chance. Why not check out when we did Concept: SNK rep instead. We instituted some changes before then to have people write better write ups as a whole instead of the one liners there. Naturally, if you looked then, you would see that the concept was looked at a lot better.

In terms of animosity, I would say there is at least as much animosity if not moreso here. I have not seen anyone in RTC call y'all "ravenous dogs" or "****ing babies", throw shade constantly, and whine when their arguments get called out. Is there at least some animosity from some users? Yeah, but as someone who likes KOS MOS, the animosity is way worse here, which is pretty hypocritical. If you want animosity, I can't think of anything that has more animosity that stuff like that.

They think KOS-MOS' popularity came from bandwagoners because she was part of a false leak. The "bandwagoners" are actually the ones who started hating KOS-MOS since they thought she was leaked. I really wish people would be more civil.
I wish people would also be more civil, but a lot of the animosity comes from here. You (using the royal you) can't say you wish there wasn't any animosity or wish things were civil yet end up liking posts that are equally, if not way more uncivil. RTC members are not throwing blatant shade towards specific members outside of the thread or name calling others.

And before any of yall say I am biased against Xenosaga.

X1.jpg

Played through Xenosaga 1, loved it. Xenosaga 2 is on the way in the mail. Once I have more disposable income after COVID dies down, I will get Xenosaga III if I can find it at an ok price. But this is honestly depressing to see. I expected better from y'all. I respect zferolie zferolie because while I think their mini rant in here was uncalled for, at least they actually did come into RTC instead of sulk in here and complain that not everyone likes KOS MOS. As someone that actually likes KOS-MOS, be better. Please. It is sad to see a character I actually want have this sort of extremely toxic aura around them. If you must know my scores, I gave KOS MOS a 2.5% (might shift to 2-3 by the time that write up goes live) in chance and a 100% in want. But this, this is just depressing. When I put KOS MOS on the fixed schedule, I did not want this. I wanted her fans to come out, support the character, and engage in a reasonable debate. Instead I had to see fans of a character I want sulk, whine, name call, and strawman others because they disagree with their opinion. Please, as someone who loved Xenosaga, be better.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Because that market failure analysis was years ago even before fighter's pass 2 got finalized. You are just here because you want to cause trouble. It's better to do research than say she has no chance based off that tweet. And also Terry's company got bankrupt twice and he's in smash. You quite literally aren't making sense. Please dont bring this in here, thanks.
The fact Harada is tweeting it in late 2019 means it still has some relevance, that's why it matters still. I did do my research, just because it doesn't match with what you want doesn't mean it's fake. And I wouldn't be in here at all if you guys weren't taking shots at us for not being high on your character and saying all the arguments against her were illegitimate or hiding in here to call out individuals. I'll peace out now though because nothing is going to get accomplished by me being in here any longer

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Just because a remake will not happen does not mean KOS-MOS, herself, will not happen in ongoing games or spinoffs. Selecting a new character is not based solely on a new game coming to Switch, see Banjo and Kazooie. KOS-MOS is marketable as DLC, I am sure.
It's actually pretty amazing how people cant grasp this. Like I dont want to be rude but the arguments in RTC are full of crap and no research. They just dismiss based on anything "damning" to a character's chances. That's why I never participate there anymore or the speculation general thread. It's simply not worth it and better to have a place to discuss peacefully. None of us really even think KOS-MOS is likely. We want her regardless of what leaks said. If she happens we will be happy. If she doesn't then we are just hoping for any Xeno rep.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The fact Harada is tweeting it in late 2019 means it still has some relevance, that's why it matters still. I did do my research, just because it doesn't match with what you want doesn't mean it's fake. And I wouldn't be in here at all if you guys weren't taking shots at us for not being high on your character and saying all the arguments against her were illegitimate or hiding in here to call out individuals. I'll peace out now though because nothing is going to get accomplished by me being in here any longer
Nobody said those arguments are illegitimate. We were just saying how you guys dismiss any character that's not a safe pick or popular. There's a huge difference between being reasonable about saying a character wont get in and being disrespectful and pretending to know Sakurai/Nintendo's thought process on picks. And that's why people mentioned their dislike for the thread in general and they are 100% correct about it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, if you have time to write 20+ sentences complaining about RTC on this thread, you could at the very least take literally 60 seconds out of your day to write two sentences arguing in her favor on the forum, with a (presumably high) want rating, in order to counterbalance the 0% want scores. (Once again, you can abstain from everything else).

I mean, if I was a completely neutral party looking in on that thread for the first time, what would it say when the people who are negative about the character are more than happy to write multiple paragraphs against her, but the fans of the character can't even be bothered to write the bare minimum in favor of her? If I had never heard of this character before and had entered that thread for the first time, it wouldn't look like a character I'd want to support.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Nobody said those arguments are illegitimate. We were just saying how you guys dismiss any character that's not a safe pick or popular. There's a huge difference between being reasonable about saying a character wont get in and being disrespectful and pretending to know Sakurai/Nintendo's thought process on picks. And that's why people mentioned their dislike for the thread in general and they are 100% correct about it.
Not to be that guy... but they were. I quoted them in my above post, including your post on your misconceptions of RTC as a whole. And I also explained in that post that no, we don't. I did in detail. If you want more niche choices that have done well in RTC, Ys, Danganronpa, Puyo Puyo, Touhou, and Digimon all have their fans come into RTC and make strong cases. And if you look at the trend of how those characters are rated, they tend to improve over time. Reimu is a great example of this, as her trendline is a steady line up.

You know, if you have time to write 20+ sentences complaining about RTC on this thread, you could at the very least take literally 60 seconds out of your day to write two sentences arguing in her favor on the forum, with a (presumably high) want rating, in order to counterbalance the 0% want scores. (Once again, you can abstain from everything else).

I mean, if I was a completely neutral party looking in on that thread for the first time, what would it say when the people are negative about the character are more than happy to write multiple paragraphs against her, but the fans of the character can't even be bothered to write the bare minimum in favor of her? If I had never heard of this character before and had entered that thread for the first time, it wouldn't look like a character I'd want to support.
This honestly is what makes me the most disappointed.

People in this thead are so passionate, but instead of arguing for your character, hoping to draw in more supporters, you have people sulking, throwing shade, name calling, strawmanning, and compaining about toxicity when, if I am being brutally honest, this thread has had far more toxicity the past two pages than the past day of RTC. Once again, this is a plea, please be better as a whole.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey KOS-MOS fans.

I'm a regular at RTC. I'm here to not berate or make anyone feel less. I'm here to clear some things up.

It's no secret that RTC is not a big fan of KOS-MOS in general and there is some hostility between the RTC thread and this thread. I want to say that most of the RTC regulars do not have a grudge against KOS-MOS. And whenever someone makes a mean comment towards KOS-MOS that is unwarranted, we do call them out, even if it's a regular. I won't say much more since TCTPhantom stole the words out of my mouth for the most part. But I do want to emphasize his point that yes, if a character's supporters don't show up in RTC on their day, they tend to not do as well as they could have.

We might be harsh, but that's because RTC is a debate thread. If you post in RTC, be prepared to have some people give counter arguments. The important thing is, and this goes for both sides, you need to give convincing arguments and as long as there is no name calling, it is civil. I hate to soapbox like this, but some people have stated that we are "toxic" and hate on KOS-MOS but we do give valid arguments against her and thus that leads to low scores. If you have a problem with something we say, say something. RTC encourages a spirit of debate and as long as everyone is civil, we allow anyone in.

The point being, if you want to leave a score but are afraid to, don't be. We do care about making RTC a friendly place, and if you visit it once in a while, you will realize that most people are chill there.

I hope this didn't sound pretentious or anything. I just wanted to give my two cents and help resolve miscommunication.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Played through Xenosaga 1, loved it. Xenosaga 2 is on the way in the mail. Once I have more disposable income after COVID dies down, I will get Xenosaga III if I can find it at an ok price. But this is honestly depressing to see. I expected better from y'all. I respect zferolie zferolie because while I think their mini rant in here was uncalled for, at least they actually did come into RTC instead of sulk in here and complain that not everyone likes KOS MOS. As someone that actually likes KOS-MOS, be better. Please. It is sad to see a character I actually want have this sort of extremely toxic aura around them. If you must know my scores, I gave KOS MOS a 2.5% (might shift to 2-3 by the time that write up goes live) in chance and a 100% in want. But this, this is just depressing. When I put KOS MOS on the fixed schedule, I did not want this. I wanted her fans to come out, support the character, and engage in a reasonable debate. Instead I had to see fans of a character I want sulk, whine, name call, and strawman others because they disagree with their opinion. Please, as someone who loved Xenosaga, be better.
More gaslighting. You realize most of us have already been through this rodeo right? Myself in particular have already rated her twice in the span of less than a year. Last time I got hounded down for several pages for giving out a "rogue" score (score he disagreed with), same user however had no problem with me giving Rex a 100% chance (obviously a very realistic and reasonable score). Why go through that **** a third time? Just to get the infamous Harada tweet thrown at me over and over and over, even though people who wanted Kosmos were not counting on a rerelease in the first place, nor were they using it as an argument, nor did anyone even know that such a thing was apparently happening in the back of Harada's brain. The argument remains the same as ever: she is the mascot of Monolith with everything that entails. If people didn't find that compelling a year ago they aren't going to find it compelling now and there really isn't much else to say.

We didn't start this negativity here. You are welcome to go though this very thread since around this time last year to see the sort of stuff we've had thrown our way, from being bombarded with trolls spreading fake leak after fake leak, people straight up ****posing and mocking, people celebrating the (supposed) remaster's apparent cancellation, calling us a bandwagon yadda yadda. Even just mentioning her in the speculation thread can easily result in a derail. Pretending the negativity Kosmos receives is just the same as any other niche character is simply disingenuous. I don't know if it's a combination of fake leaks, her being perceived as "in the way" of other Xenoblade/Namco characters, or a combination but there is obvious bad blood around and it's definitely not fair telling us we are the ones who have to be better and that we brought this upon ourselves somehow. I mean this thread, her support thread, doesn't even reach 100 pages yet, we are a far call from even being a prominent voice in the community compared to characters like Geno or Isaac, have we really had that much of an impact to warrant these sort of responses? So basically

I'm not obligated to write an essay on the matter every time a smashie complains about a new character entering the speculation arena. Despite that I've already written multiple, so at this point I just sit back and laugh that this irrelevant character is living rent free in the heads of people for reasons that honestly escape me.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Uh... ok? Those ratings are all awful (especially the guy who said Terry would be too similar to Captain Falcon, like WTF). I'm not here to defend the RTC thread because I know a lot of the ratings there aren't good: I was just saying I thought Terry was more likely than KOS-MOS for a variety of reasons. That comment I said about other people feeling the same way was because I saw Terry get brought up more than KOS-MOS prior to September 2019.

Also not to brag, but those ratings were before the base game and the announcement of DLC. My detailed SNK writeup in February 2019 resulted in a ton of people raising their scores.

I'm sorry you were oh-so-very annoyed by fake leaks last year, hopefully you will all get over it one day.
...I'll assume this is just you venting your anger towards the really spiteful RTC thread people and not towards me specifically, especially since there wasn't any bad blood in my first message. Regardless, I'm not arguing with you anymore.

Luty

Smash Cadet

First off, let me just highlight your use of dehumanizing language. Calling people "ravenous dogs"... for not saying KOS MOS is likely is not cool dude. For someone preaching about negativity, it is a little hypocritical to use such negative and dehumanizing language just because people do not want a character you want in Smash. This is honestly a very unhealthy mindset to have about really anything, but for something that matters as little in the grand scheme of things as an internet debate about Smash Bros is concerning.

Second, most of the arguments that the people who say KOS MOS is not likely are true. Xenosaga has not had a new game since 2006. Her main crossover appearances were in games developed my Monolith Soft themselves. Her franchise is small and has not sold exceptionally well. The odds of a remaster based on what Namco has said themselves seems unlikely. Granted, it is ok to disagree about how likely she is. If you think she is likely, that is fine. But the main arguments against the character are valid, and saying all the arguments are not true will not suddenly make them not true.

Thirdly, Geno has actually been one of the single most controversial characters in RTC in general. The prevailing opinion on him in Smash Ultimate in RTC was always controversial. Many of his staunchest fans would come to RTC and make their case...as would his detractors. Geno honestly is a character that got lucky to have his support take off at just the right times. He had a massive bandwagon in Brawl that died in Smash 4 that got revived due to the mii costume. Don't believe me? Check out his Brawl vs 4 vs Ultimate threads or heck, the old Sm4sh RTC scores, where Geno struggled to hit a 40% want average. In fact, most of the regular posters in RTC were Geno doubters for a while.

Finally, you seem to have a vastly wrong opinion about RTC. This is something I have seen plenty of people do in this thread, so I am turning this post into a soapbox for a second.

RTC is a forum game, always has been. It is all for fun and the spirit of debate. Yes, plenty of people do not like KOS MOS. You know what is a better path to take then complain in here about negativity? Argue in her favor realistically. Some smaller "more niche" fanbases have done this to great effect. A few Danganronpa fans have made a strong effort to make Danganronpa speculation more of a thing. Puyo Puyo is also in the grand scheme of things a more niche franchise, but Arle regularly does well because her supporters make a strong realistic case. Adol is probably the greatest example of this, which is part of why I specifically put his day before KOS MOS'. Adol's supporters made a strong case while realizing his faults. As a result, Adol managed to crack top ten in want and do pretty well for himself in chance. Adol's supporters imo are the gold standard for what someone should do in an RTC day: come in, make a case for a character that is well researched, and convince others about their merits.

If you (I am using the plural you, not just the person I am quoting), am upset that people are not down on your character: make the case for them. Make a strong, well researched argument and be ready to defend against counter argu

This. This right here is the single best mentality you can take. Even if I think the word "detractors" is not the word I would use, it still encompasses my point. If y'all care about KOS MOS and do not like how people are rating her, then participate. Otherwise, it is a self fulfilling prophecy that "RTC is against insert character here". If a character's supporters do not show up, they tend to do worse overall. Rather than sit here and grumble, debate.

Also I usually end up linking threads specifically so that fans can get a chance to get their input and shoot their shot. I did not this time due to some IRL complications. Thanks for linking the thread here Mushroomguy, it honestly made me happy.

Yes because throwing shade at other users outside of a thread while also strawmanning your opponent is totally a healthy mindset. I know how people rate characters in RTC, and the user in question is lukewarm on Lloyd.

In terms of why we rated her again, because last time we rated her was just after Min Min, and we got two more characters and potentially only have three left. I think I can say it makes sense to assume that someone's odds change at least a little. RTC does a fixed schedule after a certain amount of time because of that. It also lets popular characters get another chance to be revisited. Part of why she was rerated was also as a courtesy to her fans in an attempt to give them another chance to argue for her. There is no need to be toxic over this, especially when plenty of the arguments, most notably the Harada tweet are damning.

Yes, because the healthy,adult thing to do is strawman anyone who disagrees with your opinion. I don't think its a radical thing to say that a franchise having low sales and had it's remaster get rejected has a negative effect on ones chances.

And want is 100% subjective. It is an opinion. Turns out, some people do not like KOS MOS, Xenosaga, or got put off from her due to stuff like this. I've seen this thing happen first hand with other fanbases like Waluigi or Geno. I said this earlier and I will say it again: If you do not like how people discuss your most wanted, make an argument for them and support them. That is way more productive than this.

First off, those are not even the popular characters in RTC. If you said Crash and Ryu Hayabusa, maybe. But Dante has always been looked at a bit bullishly, and he is the one that overall gets the least scrutiny of those three.

Second, I think you are forgetting the itty bitty tiny detail that Banjo was one of the single biggest requests for smash ultimate. He had a huge amount of ballot support and had a ton of support for DLC. And this is not just me talking about RTC, even though he regularly did pretty good there. I am talking about basically every fan poll out there. Banjo got in because of fan demand. If you really want me to nettle more though, Banjo Kazooie as a whole on the N64, not counting Rare Replay, XBLA, or anything else, sold 1.8 million. Xenosaga as a whole is hard to pin down sales due to Xenosaga II's full sales never being reported, but unless it sold better than it did in Japan across the rest of the globe, the Xenosaga franchise would not reach that number.

Finally, calling people "****ing idiots" and "hypocritical babies". Take a step back and relax first off. Now, instead of getting mad and strawmanning literally an entire thread of people, you stand by your arguments instead of strawmanning theirs.

We do fixed schedules after a certain point because characters are popular and time changes. We went from knowing nothing about FP2 except Min Min was in to having half of it.

RTC, as I will say again and again, is a forum game and is meant to debate. I rarely agree with everything people post in RTC. But I respect plenty of their arguments. It also lets people talk about more niche stuff often since outside of these fixed schedules, the schedules are determined by what people care about and nominate. Is RTC always right? Depends. RTC tended to on average give out decent scores for most of the stuff that got rated. The only real glaring mess ups were Ridley, who was the second character ever rated when we knew nothing about the game, Incineroar, who was overshadowed by three other strong choices for a Gen 7 pokemon, and Joker who was literally going to be rated a few days after he was revealed.

And most of the arguments people use against KOS MOS... are used against other characters too. I know since you admit you prefer to stay in this thread for speculation, but from what I have seen the arguments that are not specific to KOS MOS, namely stuff not specific to Xenosaga or its remasters, are used very often for "their characters".

It's pretty easy to cherry pick scores. Yeah, sometimes people are wrong. If I wanted to I could find a few people who gave Min Min a 0% chance. Why not check out when we did Concept: SNK rep instead. We instituted some changes before then to have people write better write ups as a whole instead of the one liners there. Naturally, if you looked then, you would see that the concept was looked at a lot better.

In terms of animosity, I would say there is at least as much animosity if not moreso here. I have not seen anyone in RTC call y'all "ravenous dogs" or "****ing babies", throw shade constantly, and whine when their arguments get called out. Is there at least some animosity from some users? Yeah, but as someone who likes KOS MOS, the animosity is way worse here, which is pretty hypocritical. If you want animosity, I can't think of anything that has more animosity that stuff like that.

I wish people would also be more civil, but a lot of the animosity comes from here. You (using the royal you) can't say you wish there wasn't any animosity or wish things were civil yet end up liking posts that are equally, if not way more uncivil. RTC members are not throwing blatant shade towards specific members outside of the thread or name calling others.

View attachment 298112

Hello, there! I am kinda new here. I have posted in the rate the character thread today. I do not cuss and try not to use name calling, hence why I put "bandwagoners" in quotes since I do not believe the word should be used. It is just a word I saw people using to generalize KOS-MOS supporters. And, I only agree with some of what posts say, not the whole. If you think it would be better, I will avoid liking posts with distasteful meaning from now on. Please, do not judge me on what I like, as that is just a simple button press with no additional prompts(Are you sure you agree with the entirety of this post?). I just want to be more social, as I am trying to become a part of a community online.

Thank you for clearing some things up. I will try to be less liberal with my likes for now on and try to boost people's morale if I can put it into words instead.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
More gaslighting. You realize most of us have already been through this rodeo right? Myself in particular have already rated her twice in the span of less than a year. Last time I got hounded down for several pages for giving out a "rogue" score (score he disagreed with), same user however had no problem with me giving Rex a 100% chance (obviously a very realistic and reasonable score). Why go through that **** a third time? Just to get the infamous Harada tweet thrown at me over and over and over, even though people who wanted Kosmos were not counting on a rerelease in the first place, nor were they using it as an argument, nor did anyone even know that such a thing was apparently happening in the back of Harada's brain. The argument remains the same as ever: she is the mascot of Monolith with everything that entails. If people didn't find that compelling a year ago they aren't going to find it compelling now and there really isn't much else to say.

We didn't start this negativity here. You are welcome to go though this very thread since around this time last year to see the sort of stuff we've had thrown our way, from being bombarded with trolls spreading fake leak after fake leak, people straight up ****posing and mocking, people celebrating the (supposed) remaster's apparent cancellation, calling us a bandwagon yadda yadda. Even just mentioning her in the speculation thread can easily result in a derail. Pretending the negativity Kosmos receives is just the same as any other niche character is simply disingenuous. I don't know if it's a combination of fake leaks, her being perceived as "in the way" of other Xenoblade/Namco characters, or a combination but there is obvious bad blood around and it's definitely not fair telling us we are the ones who have to be better and that we brought this upon ourselves somehow. I mean this thread, her support thread, doesn't even reach 100 pages yet, we are a far call from even being a prominent voice in the community compared to characters like Geno or Isaac, have we really had that much of an impact to warrant these sort of responses? So basically

I'm not obligated to write an essay on the matter every time a smashie complains about a new character entering the speculation arena. Despite that I've already written multiple, so at this point I just sit back and laugh that this irrelevant character is living rent free in the heads of people for reasons that honestly escape me.
Look, I support KOS MOS. I know that it is rough due to how smash speculation works. But this attitude is not the right way to do it. Let's say I was a completely impartial third person, looking at this scenario. I would see KOS MOS' fans refusing to leave her thread and debate at all, sulking, slinging insults, strawmanning and gaslighting each other on how RTC is.

First off, RTC is a debate thread. If you through out a 50% chance on a niche character, you should be prepared to defend it. I know you love throwing out shade that they gave Rex a high score, but at least they stuck to their guns and made a sound argument backed with evidence. You need to stick to your guns, back them with evidence. The Harada tweet is unfortunately evidence that KOS MOS might not be in smash. Yes, she might be Monolith's favorite, but the arguments against her exist. If you don't like people arguing against your most wanted, that is fine. No one has to participate. The invitation for anyone to participate is always open. Clearly the anger you have towards RTC lives rent free in your head, if you are going to post shade on here when she is re rated instead of coming out to defend her.

Now, will this result in immediate change? Not always. But sometimes it does. Look at Adol's supporters on his day before his rerate, I said it before and I will say it again, that is the gold standard for making and RTC argument. Other smaller, niche franchises also have done better over time like Puyo Puyo and Danganronpa. Touhou via Reimu is my favorite example of this due to how nicely the math works out, it is a slow but steady rise throughout Smash Ultimate speculation.

In terms of the negativity, I don't know. I will say this, part of it might be the attitude I am seeing here. It is clear that you guys are very defensive, you care about KOS MOS a lot. But look at it from my perspective here. I come in here, see her supporters call people who say she is not likely ravenous dogs, ****ing idiots, hypocritical babies,say we have a limited knowledge of video games, or all us full of themselves. I see people bemoaning toxicity towards KOS MOS supporters liking said replies that are far far more toxic than anything I have seen thrown towards a KOS MOS supporter. Instead of venturing out to defend KOS MOS, they want to stick in their thread where it is safe. That is what I got the past two pages of this thread. At the very least, part of it could be caused by this attitude. It honestly makes me sad seeing this.

I said this before, but I will say this again. Both to you and to other KOS MOS fans. Be better. This attitude is not one that is healthy to have. It is only oging to drive away people and make things worse in the long run. Obviously, it sucks when people are critical towards your most wanted. I remember being a Crash supporter in Smash 4 was hard due to how little hope there was. At best, it was met with some curiosity. At worst, you had people gatekeep, saying Smash was for Nintendo All Stars only. So I know it is hard when one of your most wanteds does get pushback. But this attitude, this is not the way to handle it. It honestly makes me sad being here tbh. I think KOS MOS would be super cool and I have enjoyed Xenosaga 1 a lot. But being here is depressing. I see so much bile and bitterness dripping from plenty of these replies, yet her diehard supporters are shell shocked from the past. Instead of growing the fanbase, trying to sell the character, and positively encouraging people to support KOS MOS, I see name calling, stawmanning, and a toxic victim mentality that associates any criticism outside this thread as toxic while liking replies that are far more toxic than anything anyone in RTC posted.

I do not plan on debating you in specific after this, so I will leave this for you. Please, be better. I know you care about KOS MOS a lot, I know you love Xenosaga. But this negative attitude you have towards any criticism, it is not healthy, both in speculation and on a broader scale. I just do not want you to have this toxic, negative attitude towards any criticism. Lookking at my post you replied from, I specified my love for Xenosaga and wanted the best for you all. Instead, you accuse me of gaslighting you. I already posted my exact quotes to defend what I said. I hope you the best in the future, and hope that you post a better Billy Joel song if you reply to my next post :p.

Hello, there! I am kinda new here. I have posted in the rate the character thread today. I do not cuss and try not to use name calling, hence why I put "bandwagoners" in quotes since I do not believe the word should be used. It is just a word I saw people using to generalize KOS-MOS supporters. And, I only agree with some of what posts say, not the whole. If you think it would be better, I will avoid liking posts with distasteful meaning from now on. Please, do not judge me on what I like, as that is just a simple button press with no additional prompts(Are you sure you agree with the entirety of this post?). I just want to be more social, as I am trying to become a part of a community online.

Thank you for clearing some things up. I will try to be less liberal with my likes for now on and try to boost people's morale if I can put it into words instead.
No worries. I saw your post earlier and it was quite well written, even if I personally disagree with the scores inside. Keep in mind I like KOS MOS and from my first experiences with Sakura Wars I like it so far.

It was less of a jab at you and more of an in general vent. It made me frustrated seeing KOS MOS fans as a whole, not just you, bemoan toxicity, but at the same time liking toxic posts.

DW bandwagoning is not a bad word, I know it cam make some people frustrated but at the very least I think most of the initial bandwagon faded away after TGAs 2019.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I know you love throwing out shade that they gave Rex a high score, but at least they stuck to their guns and made a sound argument backed with evidence. You need to stick to your guns, back them with evidence.
Speaking of, Rex would have been a much more relevant rerate. Since you know, nothing has really changed in the Kosmos camp but XB2 isn't getting any younger and has already crossed the 3 year mark (when ARMS got its second chance). Would like to see how many people are "sticking to their guns" by now.

In terms of the negativity, I don't know. I will say this, part of it might be the attitude I am seeing here. It is clear that you guys are very defensive, you care about KOS MOS a lot. But look at it from my perspective here. I come in here, see her supporters call people who say she is not likely ravenous dogs, ****ing idiots, hypocritical babies,say we have a limited knowledge of video games, or all us full of themselves. I see people bemoaning toxicity towards KOS MOS supporters liking said replies that are far far more toxic than anything I have seen thrown towards a KOS MOS supporter. Instead of venturing out to defend KOS MOS, they want to stick in their thread where it is safe. That is what I got the past two pages of this thread. At the very least, part of it could be caused by this attitude. It honestly makes me sad seeing this.
This is literally the first Kosmos rating in the thread. The very first one:

OH BOY, where do we begin? The concept of discussing this character is on life support, just like her. A bandwagon pick from the Game Awards days, her only real merit is being shilled back and forth by her creators despite the obvious lack of success of her franchise. All considerations for a Xenosaga remaster kicked the can when their marketing survey showed it wouldn't be profitable. Her games have had little to no historical influence, and while there are a few shared concepts in Xenoblade, her franchise is otherwise unknown and obscure. And it's not like her many crossover appearences have convinced people to try her games either. Her franchise hasn't had a new game for 15 years and she is a character on life support. Let's not forget the competition from two sides. A second Namco rep is by far one of the most competitive catagories in Smash speculation, and even with Heihachi gone her franchise is overshadowed vastly by Tales of, Katamari, Taiko no Tatsujin, Soul Calibur, Dark Souls, even Klonoa! On the other side, Nintendo's going to want to promote their OWN Xeno franchise, and to quote a successful rhyme from last time, when your competition is one of the most likely characters for Fighter's Pass 2, things are not looking good for you.
Let's not forget how smug people would be if she got in somehow. Do people really WANT another Byleth situation? Do people seriously still find HOES MAD funny?
Yes, this very measured, collected and negativity-free response was made in response to us, and not the other way around.

By the way, I already did my part like you wanted, posted my third rating in less than a year where nothing has really happened regarding her (other than Future Connected in May having even more Xenosaga throwbacks and her figure finally releasing, not like anyone would care about that). Looking forward the next 2 reratings this year.

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
The strange thing is, I gave a really high chance score to KOS-MOS and Sakura than most people in the thread earlier today. Yet, nobody quoted me or tagged me. So, rating someone in there is not so bad as you guys made it out to be. I was kinda hoping someone would say something just so I could gain more speculation knowledge, and maybe my scores would change. Though, I guess I have to look over all of the posts to figure out what everyone is saying.

I am a skeptical person, and I think anything under 50% is kinda low. In that thread, it makes me seem like an optimist. Haha. And, I think a lot of people do not see it for what it is. Just a fun activity. People take the internet too seriously sometimes. And, we just need to chillax. Again, I am new here and trying to get used to the customs. Y'know, looking at other threads and understanding their behavior and speculation. So, please do not make me get in trouble or regret joining this community. I just want to talk about a character I am passionate about.

Again, on that curry pose:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I agree with you 100% Thanks for seeing it the way I do as well.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
[KOS-MOS going through the same cycle of scorn and hatred in a thread containing less-than-civil posts regarding her chances]
Oh_no_anyway.png

KOS-MOS will always remain my #1 Most-Wanted, but until it finally happens, I'll remain cautiously optimistic for her chances. Like any other character that is currently being talked about in speculation, her chances are pretty much 50/50 imo. She's in or she isn't, there's no in-between, and we can attribute the same kind of novelty to plenty of characters that would be equally awesome and have staying power in Smash. Terry is proof of that concept.

I have nothing more to offer that wasn't already stated over a dozen times by multiple people who recognize where her potential lies. We've been through this song and dance already. All I will say is that she will remain in the dark until she is confirmed to be playable, or the curtains for Smash support finally blanket the stage for the grand finale ahead.

Just wanna pop in and say while I don't think KOS-MOS is very likely, she's a character who I'd be quite happy to see happen. Her design and moveset potential would make her a super fresh character and it's definitely a bummer to see people trash her as much as they do.

Wishing you guys the best of luck, I know it's difficult to support a character like KOS-MOS but I hope you can all have the last laugh someday.
Honestly, I don't care about the glory. Living in their heads rent-free is more than enough.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

View attachment 298112

Ok yes, i got a bit too mad earlier today. I guess I was just getting quite frustrated by some of the ratings. I feel shes at best 30% not facorting in any possible leaks, because of Monolith's softs closeness to nintendo, Sakurai being a fan of the series, and KOSMOS always being front and center of any promotional art, even without getting any new games.

Yes Banjo had the fan thing going, but that was it. KOSMOS has more then banjo that the company still WANTS to do stuff with her, if only in a crossover setting, Banjo gets nothing from microsoft at all.

And Sorry I used those words. It was uncalled for

Luty

Smash Cadet
So, KOS-MOS is typically wearing not-so-Nintendo-friendly skirts. I would be ecstatic if they could change that. I have been wanting a more modest design so I can have wallpapers up that are not so questionable.

Ok yes, i got a bit too mad earlier today. I guess I was just getting quite frustrated by some of the ratings. I feel shes at best 30% not facorting in any possible leaks, because of Monolith's softs closeness to nintendo, Sakurai being a fan of the series, and KOSMOS always being front and center of any promotional art, even without getting any new games.

Yes Banjo had the fan thing going, but that was it. KOSMOS has more then banjo that the company still WANTS to do stuff with her, if only in a crossover setting, Banjo gets nothing from microsoft at all.

And Sorry I used those words. It was uncalled for
KOS-MOS is definitely still wanted around by Monolith Soft. I have a feeling she will be in a whole lot of games in the future. Even if Ultimate does not have her join in the end, KOS-MOS will be out there; still relevant to the company and fans. I feel that she can be higher than 30% simply because of the ties with Bandai Namco. And, Rex as a Mii costume helps her more than it helps him.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, KOS-MOS is typically wearing not-so-Nintendo-friendly skirts. I would be ecstatic if they could change that. I have been wanting a more modest design so I can have wallpapers up that are not so questionable.

KOS-MOS is definitely still wanted around by Monolith Soft. I have a feeling she will be in a whole lot of games in the future. Even if Ultimate does not have her join in the end, KOS-MOS will be out there; still relevant to the company and fans. I feel that she can be higher than 30% simply because of the ties with Bandai Namco. And, Rex as a Mii costume helps her more than it helps him.
I'm pretty sure that the design for KOS-MOS would address the skirt issue if they use any of her pre-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 designs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom