• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I think the problem with remaking Xenosaga is all the cutscenes that need to be remade, they wouldn't want to 100% complete a project like that if they were uncertain about interest.

Honestly I'd rather a Xenoblade X remake after the Xenoblade DE remake comes out, as that game desperately needed some QOL and bigger text. The text in particular was a problem for me, I have pretty bad eyesight and strong glasses, squinting at the Wii U tablet gave me headaches trying to read quest dialogue.
I'm not sure which I'd prefer, but I imagine X would be easier to update. If you said "Hey Natlo, pay $70 dollars right now and pick a game, we make no promises for it's completion, but if it is you get the game." I'd go with X even disregarding the Harada tweet.

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
So, it’s been a while guys. About three weeks or so since I have returned here. I have returned because I caught wind of the Xenosaga HD collection and want to know how it came to be known to the public.

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
So, it’s been a while guys. About three weeks or so since I have returned here. I have returned because I caught wind of the Xenosaga HD collection and want to know how it came to be known to the public.
Rumors and speculation, until some guy asked Harada about it on Twitter a few days ago. He said that an remaster would be "difficult to resurface" after failing a "profitable market analysis."

So don't get your hopes up.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Tad more, this time from Soraya Saga.

chrome_2019-12-28_08-46-53.png
chrome_2019-12-28_08-47-28.png

Edit: For those unaware, Soraya Saga is a freelance designer/screenwriter who, among other things(Such as Final Fantasy V and VI), worked on Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. She has also been married to Takahashi Tetsuya(President/Director of Monolith Software) for going on 25 years.

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Looks like KOS-MOS is wait for it wait for it

Deactivated.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What's up with some of you guys getting your jollies from bashing a character that other people want? It's completely uncalled for and a huge reason why the Smash fandom is ****ing embarrassing for me to be a part of sometimes.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What's up with some of you guys getting your jollies from bashing a character that other people want? It's completely uncalled for and a huge reason why the Smash fandom is ****ing embarrassing for me to be a part of sometimes.
Ehh, you'll get used to it someday. Just let them sniff their own farts. How they decide to waste their time is entirely on them.
Vegeta_annoyed.gif

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm coming back to the thread after a few days of contemplation. My verdict is that, while yes, there are a few nails against her right now, she's not down for the count. I'm not a big Vergeben believer but I admit he has merit, and after all, he was unable to single out Kosy as deconfirmed, despite doing so with every other Namco rep. Even still are the miis which have been missing (Heihachi not coming with Terry, anyone?). Regardless, she's still up there in terms of likeliness. Hang in there, everyone!

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I just hope whoever it is hails from 'Xeno' something. KOS-MOS, Pyra/Mythra, Elma, Lora + Jin would all make me really happy and Shulk shouldn't be on his lonesome.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
If only Fei was an option, huh? haha... Ah well, I'm nearly done with Episode I (I think), and without spoiling much, it's made me love KOS-MOS even more. I really, really hope she makes it down the line now. But yeah, I think I'd be fine with anyone else from "Xeno", should that be necessary.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All we need is our own Fatman.
Every character fanbase needs a Fatman. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious. A leader or someone everyone can look up to is healthy for a character fanbase to thrive and grow. The K. Rool fanbase had BKupa666 and the Geno fanbase obviously has Fatmanonice. KOS-MOS has Dinah.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Every character fanbase needs a Fatman. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious. A leader or someone everyone can look up to is healthy for a character fanbase to thrive and grow. The K. Rool fanbase had BKupa666 and the Geno fanbase obviously has Fatmanonice. KOS-MOS has Dinah.
Max, that's a Monkey Paw you do NOT want to mingle with. Every character fanbase needs reasonable sponsors that don't tow the line in false hype. Let's stick to what we already have, instead of fabricating a following made up of rabid zealots.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Max, that's a Monkey Paw you do NOT want to mingle with. Every character fanbase needs reasonable sponsors that don't tow the line in false hype. Let's stick to what we already have, instead of fabricating a following made up of rabid zealots.
Fatman doesn't try to give people false hope if that's what you're thinking. Fatman speculates off of what he hears and creates theories from that. He tells people he isn't a leaker and he isn't and he says not to take his theories too seriously. He is just a awesome dude that everyone in the Geno community looks up too.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Don't particularly like fatman, I will just say that some of the vitriol he receives definitely feels like certain naive users took his posts to heart (which ended up being wrong) and now feel personally slighted.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I hope whoever #5 is doesn't leak before hand, I was spoiled on 2/4 fighters for the pass (Banjo and Joker I was surprised by). Even if it's a fighter I love I'd rather be surprised, it'd be a bit of a letdown if right before a direct we heard 'KOS-MOS/Master Chief/whoever files and graphics datamined by twitter user"

Speaking of,
I feel like a Direct around the 4th/5th or 11th/12th of Jan is likely for a few reasons.

-Firmware update maintenance on the 7th
-Amiibo coming on the 17th often linked/around the same time as Smash reveals
-Fighter confirmed coming in Feb
-Animal Crossing in March needing more new gameplay footage
-Potential tease of first post-Fighter Pass DLC for April/May
-Few release date titles for March-May period

Hopefully it can open with a certain someone helping out Shulk in a Smash trailer :D

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Yeah, I don't want another support thread ruined by discussion centered around a theory crafter. Fatman may be an okay dude but it's kind of annoying to see the Geno thread worship him and treat his word as gospel.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So he can kick us while we're already down.
Aaah, to be honest with you, I dont think we're exactly "down". There seems to be no character that you can exactly pinpoint to be fp5 that has enough supporting "evidence " or not for them(unless you consider developers denying any character to be in the game hard deconfirms) and Kos-Mos has not been deconfirmed by anyone. I just feel every character is in the same boat here.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Before the year ends, my friends i want to say i am still supporting Kos-Mos and Dante and i hope both of them come to smash, i'm still sad about Namco not doing a Xenosaga remastered, still my support for lady Kos-Mos and her series are still much light up.

And for Dante and his Devil May Cry series as well, Kos-Mos though is far more important and i wish Namco to take it back and revise the trilogy because for them is not worth but we the fans is WORTH a treasure so again thank you guys and continue the support for Kos-Mos, Happy New year and Long Live Xenosaga!

Slime

Smash Rookie
You can mark me down as a KOS-MOS supporter, even though she isn't my top most wanted or anything like that.

D

Deleted member

Belated Happy New Year everyone.

Direct is probably next week. LET'S GO FAM

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Happy New Years to everyone here! I've been on hiatus for a while. 2020 is finally here, and there's a lot of excitement to look forward to.

As we venture into January, we absolutely should expect some tea in the early or mid portion of the month.
Screenshot_20191231-070829.png

If I'm not mistaken, the initial update is expected to cater to Splatoon 2, but the broadness of the update suggests that more is involved.
Some are theorizing that a direct could happen by January 14th or before, so stay strong y'all!

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1209307709549502464

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regardless of any of the Xenosega games not getting remade or remastered anytime soon, I still have high hopes for KOS-MOS as DLC notably as #75.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Happy New Years to everyone here! I've been on hiatus for a while. 2020 is finally here, and there's a lot of excitement to look forward to.

As we venture into January, we absolutely should expect some tea in the early or mid portion of the month.
View attachment 255207

If I'm not mistaken, the initial update is expected to cater to Splatoon 2, but the broadness of the update suggests that more is involved.
Some are theorizing that a direct could happen by January 14th or before, so stay strong y'all!

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1209307709549502464
I'm predicting a Nintendo Direct to happen on January 9th, one week before the release of the Richter and Dark Samus amiibos. The DLC characters have usually been released around the time a new wave of Smash amiibo have come out, whether it be before or after. and if this is the case, then we might get not only a Direct, but an early release for whoever DLC 5 is.

I'm getting a little excited :)

D

Deleted member

I'm a bit hoping that the Direct happens before my school appointment...

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
Seems like we're entering the final stretch on the FP5 train. Seems interesting that leakers have been utterly silent since the VGAs. I hope we get the FP5 announcement before my classes start up.

Top Bottom