• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

Deity Madason

Smash Cadet
Trolling/off-topic
So Dinah created this thread. Make sense tbh . At Least this place is less of an Echo chamber than Genoboard.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Random question but isn't Harada one of the few notable Japanese developers who can speak English quite well or is that a translator doing it?
Harada speaks, reads, and writes English fluently. No translators are involved in his Twitter posts.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Harada speaks, reads, and writes English fluently. No translators are involved in his Twitter posts.
Damn, thats pretty cool especially hearing how hard the language is to learn. Wonder if any other notable Japanese developers can speak it. Pretty curious now.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
Wait do people think that there is some magical quota that says we must have a female character as dlc? Wouldn’t kazooie fit that role?

D

Deleted member

Wait do people think that there is some magical quota that says we must have a female character as dlc? Wouldn’t kazooie fit that role?
I guess the people just want a stand-alone female character like Bayonetta or Isabelle that doesn’t come with a male alt or partner. I agree on you that there isn’t a quota.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
I guess the people just want a stand-alone female character like Bayonetta or Isabelle that doesn’t come with a male alt or partner. I agree on you that there isn’t a quota.
From what we have now Kazooie is just used as a tool by banjo and is choked and thrown around. Maybe nintendo is trying to send a message here?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not according to their standards. You primarily play as Banjo, whereas people who are clamoring for a playable female rep want a pure example of the option. If we trace back from the very beginning of Ultimate, the only female newcomers are as follows:
  • Inklings, which share half their slots with their male counterparts
  • Daisy, who is an Echo of Peach
  • Dark Samus, who is another Echo
  • And Isabelle, who shares so much in common with Villager already that she hardly feels unique. Although, I use her myself cause I think she's cute, but I digress.

That's virtually the whole gist of it. It only becomes an issue when people insist we must have a playable female rep, as there is no mandatory quota to fulfill, but I can't deny that it would be kinda disappointing if the entire selection from here on out is a, well...
201006-r-xl-sausage-mixed-grill.jpg

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This is considered trolling

Guess I was wrong about the not being an echo chamber thing.
Well, saying something like "less of" in your original post implied that you thought it was an echo chamber to begin with, albeit less severe than some other character threads.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
This is considered trolling

Guess I was wrong about the not being an echo chamber thing.
Only mods (and above) can label your comment for spam/trolling. You could have been reported by someone in the thread, but that's just one person out of many. As for the original comment itself, it's clear what the whole intention behind it was. Can't say the infraction was surprising.
Shrug_Shulk.png

Well, saying something like "less of" in your original post implied that you thought it was an echo chamber to begin with, albeit less severe than some other character threads.
It's also worth noting that the first half of the comment brings up Dinah in a passive-aggressive manner, like "So this is where that annoying threadmaker comes from." "Well at least the thread itself isn't as terrible as others." implying Dinah is a target, and that the thread is bad, but not as bad.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Just looking at thread and wondering if I'm seeing Trolls doing the most passive attempt at trolling or some 4D mind confusion.

Dutch Raikuna

I hear GameFaq trolls from that. Got nothing better to do than getting the testosterone kick by trolling? Come on....

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
We don't need the extra BS in this KOS-MOS thread, so it is wise to take said drama elsewhere.
Whatever quarrels you have with specific people there is DM's for that.
If you have nothing nice to say then you need not say it.

Deity Madason

Smash Cadet
This post was warned for spam as it was dreading up off-site drama and distracting the thread from KOS-MOS discussion.
Well I guess the tables are turned overhear.
  1. Ok, created an account to respond to another user .
  2. Looks through the character support threads, sees Kos Mos support thread.
  3. Sees the name Dinah, a member of the Kos Mos five, who helped turn the entire board against Kos Mos. Granted Dinah isn't the worst offender but she absolutely was apart of it.
  4. Looks through the thread, it's pretty tame and realistic with there expectations.
  5. Makes post specifically highlighting the threads none echo chamber state.
  6. Modded.
I'm not even anti Kos Mos. I'm actually not anti any character. Hell just ask Dinah herself, the names Yosuke_Erdrick.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Getting back to Harada’s recent tweets, it is reassuring that he’s pushing for a Xenosaga remake.

I am curious as to what this "completely different solution" might be but, in all honesty, the way it's typed in that tweet implies more good than bad to me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Getting back to Harada’s recent tweets, it is reassuring that he’s pushing for a Xenosaga remake.

I am curious as to what this "completely different solution" might be but, in all honesty, the way it's typed in that tweet implies more good than bad to me.
A completely different solution could be...

getting KOS-MOS in Smash FIRST, then as interest in her and the series she came from increases, bam there's your profitability for Xenosaga HD Trilogy

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
  3. Sees the name Dinah, a member of the Kos Mos five, who helped turn the entire board against Kos Mos. Granted Dinah isn't the worst offender but she absolutely was apart of it.
  4. Looks through the thread, it's pretty tame and realistic with there expectations.
  6. Modded.
I'm not even anti Kos Mos. I'm actually not anti any character. Hell just ask Dinah herself, the names Yosuke_Erdrick.
Vergil_is_curious.jpg

The "KOS-MOS Five", huh? If Dinah is one of them, who are the other four supposed to be? I'm almost disappointed it's not a six*, one for every letter...
I decided that I want to die*

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220

getting KOS-MOS in Smash FIRST, then as interest in her and the series she came from increases, bam there's your profitability for Xenosaga HD Trilogy
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

The way I see it, getting KOS-MOS in Smash was always more likely to happen than getting a Xenosaga remaster. The hype surrounding her hypothetical release could be what pushes Namco over the edge to consider giving the remaster a chance. Smash is the Kingmaker, after all.

Dutch Raikuna

Personally thats what I'm hoping. It makes perfect sense.... I think.

Deity Madason

Smash Cadet
No way. I can't believe those petty mods tagged your blatant attempt at importing Geno related drama as "trolling".
I hear GameFaq trolls from that. Got nothing better to do than getting the testosterone kick by trolling? Come on....
View attachment 254774
The "KOS-MOS Five", huh? If Dinah is one of them, who are the other four supposed to be? I'm almost disappointed it's not a six*, one for every letter...
I decided that I want to die*
I believe, a user called Pegeta ( the worst offender), Vegeta1000, Eagle_Hunter and I'm drawing blank on the fourth.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

I want the series to go the Nier Automata route, if nothing else.

I believe, a user called Pegeta ( the worst offender), Vegeta1000, Eagle_Hunter and I'm drawing blank on the fourth.
Oh, gamefaqs users. Well that's amusing. I recognize Vegeta1000 out of those four. Not like personally, but I've seen 'em.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
  6. Modded.
If I had to guess, I'd say from Dinah's personality that they get more extreme as a result of pushback. This thread specifically is largely supportive, and even the deniers tend to just be "Don't get your hopes up." than "KOS-MOS will never happen, get your head out of your ass." So Dinah can be more casual. I've read the GameFAQs threads and will conceed that Dinah can get rather... fiery.

I'd put my money on, "if anything changes, my answers are vague enough not to be a liar."

Though it is interesting that even now they've put at least the money forward to have this profitability analysis done.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
So Harada said "there may be a completely different solution, but it was impossible this generation." I assume he means this generation of consoles. Thing is, im wondering if by "it" he means the different solution in the second statement. If so, that means if the alternate solution is Kos-Mos in smash, then it didn't happen. Not sure what's going on there. As a sidenote, i've never seen someone more remorseful over not being able to make a game.
EDIT: The more I think about it the more i'm not sure how to take this statement. I'm having some trouble interpreting his grammar, but I often do have trouble reading tweets. So I guess at most i'll just wait and see if this will have any relevance to smash.

Last edited:

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
  6. Modded.
Yosuke on trashfaqs is my bro

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please try to get back on track. Report any questionable posts and put them in ignore.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Huh... guess I missed some stuff while I was gone.

Anyway, w/ the Harada tweet, yeah, it kinda sucks that the possibility of a Xenosaga revival got shot down. But part of me is at least thankful they attempted it at all.

As for Smash, you can take it either as a positive or a negative towards her possible inclusion (I’m on the latter side, but that’s just my gut tbh).

Either way it’s still nice to see Harada respond and Xenosaga actually get... acknowledged in 2019 (almost 2020).

D

Deleted member

Good morning.

Apparently that Harada tweet is...probably suspicious if you ask me. Still got this feeling that she's going in no doubt about it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's a shame that the idea of a Xenosaga Remaster got shot down by Bandai-Namco not seeing it being profitable. Sadly it's one of the things to expect from major AAA companies and one thing a would-be game developer like myself would fear - if your pitch or idea doesn't have what it takes to rake in the dough to be profitable enough to them, it might not happen.

Still, even though Xenosaga Remastered might be unlikely in the near future, I'm willing to keep on cheering for KOS-MOS to appear in Smash Bros one day.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I think the problem with remaking Xenosaga is all the cutscenes that need to be remade, they wouldn't want to 100% complete a project like that if they were uncertain about interest.

Honestly I'd rather a Xenoblade X remake after the Xenoblade DE remake comes out, as that game desperately needed some QOL and bigger text. The text in particular was a problem for me, I have pretty bad eyesight and strong glasses, squinting at the Wii U tablet gave me headaches trying to read quest dialogue.

D

Deleted member

I think the problem with remaking Xenosaga is all the cutscenes that need to be remade, they wouldn't want to 100% complete a project like that if they were uncertain about interest.
I mean, it's expensive to do all the remodelling to make it not look like early 2000s 3D animation.

Top Bottom