• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

only if we get Shulk, Elma, Bayonetta, Palutena, and Captain Falcon as well, and bring back Fiora, Chrom, Lucina, Frank West, and Segata Sanshiro AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LESS SHINOBI PEEPS

then yeah i'll accept it
When it comes to series reps, is that series on par with the salt the community has for FE reps? Because it's too overrepresented as they say?

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
only if we get Shulk, Elma, Bayonetta, Palutena, and Captain Falcon as well, and bring back Fiora, Chrom, Lucina, Frank West, and Segata Sanshiro AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LESS SHINOBI PEEPS

then yeah i'll accept it
Yeah, just bought PxZ 2, and way to many ninja, lol, is Frank West not in it? I just got KOS-MOS and Fiora team, really liking the game

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Speaking of Project X Zone. It was a pretty damn important game to me. Have to share a story with it at some point.
I just realised how many games I got into because of it.

*deep breath*
Tales series - One of my favourite game series of all time and Arise one of my most anticipated.
Xenosaga - On my to play list.
Endless Frontier - On my to play list.
Namco X Capcom - On my to play list.
Devil May Cry - Have played and might get DMCV soon.
Darkstalkers - On my to play list.
God Eater - Have played and still to watch the Anime. Love the Music.
Mega Man X - X series is pretty enjoyable.
Valkyria Chronicles - First game is amazing.
Sakura Wars - Highest on series to play list. Getting Project Sakura Wars when it comes out. Love the series music.
Virtua Fighter - Played it via Yakuza and loved it.
Shining Series - Have Shining Resonance Refrain and its good.
Resonance of Fate - Have but not played.
Street Fighter - Have Street Fighter II Turbo and enjoyed it.
Yakuza - One of my favourite games series of all time.
Space Channel 5 - On my to play list.
Adventures of Valkyrie - On my to play list.
Shenmue - Have it and was meh.
Summon Night - Still to try.

And I'm done.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Oh goody. One of my favorite game series is now getting bashed over this bull***t... Freakin' love this fandom...

Yeah... that sucks. But I still don't think it'll have any real impact on KOS-MOS coming to Smash personally speaking.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
If only one of you could tell Harada in twitter that the fans MATTERS more than Money, or we can go to MONOLIFTH'S https://twitter.com/monolithsoft?lang=en

how about we tell them our opinion as FANS! let's tell them Bring Kos-Mos back! they have her they can work things with Namco.... we are the fans we must do Something! ;(

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Let's...not do that. We're better than this, or at least I'd like to think that. Our thread has been up despite peak interest in KOS-MOS' potential inclusion, which normally attracts the worst sort of attention. Just have a look back at support threads that got locked up because of how chaotic they got. We're not a desperate crowd of lost children who need to reach the light at the end with the aid of the corporate adults.

Also, to a certain someone with a less-than-favorable opinion toward Fire Emblem...
Clown_University.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-12-26 at 8.57.46 PM.png

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Let's...not do that. We're better than this, or at least I'd like to think that. Our thread has been up despite peak interest in KOS-MOS' potential inclusion, which normally attracts the worst sort of attention. Just have a look back at support threads that got locked up because of how chaotic they got. We're not a desperate crowd of lost children who need to reach the light at the end with the aid of the corporate adults.

Also, to a certain someone with a less-than-favorable opinion toward Fire Emblem...
View attachment 254661
View attachment 254662
I apologize what can you recommend then? i know i know i'm just a sad fan right now.......... again money over the fans, what a freaking joke.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
I think some people are thinking too much about how a lack of Xenosaga popularity affects KOS-MOS's chances in a vacuum and not enough about the fact that Namco's general manager today took zero issue with kindling the flames of KOS-MOS haters arguing that point. ("No one cares about Xenosaga and Namco knows no one cares about Xenosaga!") That'd be a really pointless and stupid interference to make and would serve to further awkwardize an already immensely awkward post-KOS-MOS reveal atmosphere.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Kind of unrelated to the current discussion, but on the topic of Project X Zone, I'm glad that game had KOS-MOS and T-elos, it's how I both came to know about them and the Xenosaga series, thinking they were pretty cool characters. Funnily enough at the time I tried the game only because X and Zero were in it (I'm a huge MM fan in general) and I ended up liking the rest of the characters a lot lol, but it was nice. Hopefully since KOS-MOS already got to meet X in that game (and Volnutt in NxC) she can get to meet Mega Man in Smash sometime. The more robots the merrier!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I apologize what can you recommend then? i know i know i'm just a sad fan right now.......... again money over the fans, what a freaking joke.
Literally nothing. It's the sad truth, since there's no real platform to allow for us to show any genuine kind of support that would send the message to Namco. We're probably only in this mess to begin with because the advertisement we gave the character worked a little too well, and that got the attention of anime-hating Smash fans.

As if it hasn't attracted the worst sort of attention already.
The kind of attention I'm referring to consists of trolls who spam threads, or just resort to being obnoxious sore-winners before anything substantial even comes up. The sort of trolls we got were probably a group of salty western-rep fans who were trying to stir false hopes from the shadows, even though there are other potential reps with far more threatening chances of making it over whoever it is they want. Evil is Petty, as they say.

Kind of unrelated to the current discussion, but on the topic of Project X Zone, I'm glad that game had KOS-MOS and T-elos, it's how I both came to know about them and the Xenosaga series, thinking they were pretty cool characters. Funnily enough at the time I tried the game only because X and Zero were in it (I'm a huge MM fan in general) and I ended up liking the rest of the characters a lot lol, but it was nice. Hopefully since KOS-MOS already got to meet X in that game (and Volnutt in NxC) she can get to meet Mega Man in Smash sometime. The more robots the merrier!
Fellow Mega Fan right here, although you might have already known that based on one of my mains [wink, wink]
X_Mug.png

I think some people are thinking too much about how a lack of Xenosaga popularity affects KOS-MOS's chances in a vacuum and not enough about the fact that Namco's general manager today took zero issue with kindling the flames of KOS-MOS haters arguing that point. ("No one cares about Xenosaga and Namco knows no one cares about Xenosaga!") That'd be a really pointless and stupid interference to make and would serve to further awkwardize an already immensely awkward post-KOS-MOS reveal atmosphere.
Pretty much on point here. It's honestly surprising she still shows up at all, but I guess that's the company's bittersweet way of saying, "Ehh, we like her enough to include her in our stuff..."

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Welp I came back to a bit of a bomb.

I don't think this is the death knell for KOS-MOS but it does hurt her chances. Sakurai could have included her before this market research analysis took place, he could have included her because he sees her as a Crossover character more than just from her own game and he could have included her because she would have a good moveset. Just because Xenosaga is seen as low priority doesn't mean KOS-MOS immediately is. She might even be considered as a general 'Xeno' character and come with a track or two from Xenoblade 2. I don't think it's the time to throw the towel in yet.

Also FE is great and Smash Bros fans continuing to hos mad about it makes me laugh.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Literally nothing. It's the sad truth, since there's no real platform to allow for us to show any genuine kind of support that would send the message to Namco. We're probably only in this mess to begin with because the advertisement we gave the character worked a little too well, and that got the attention of anime-hating Smash fans.
The kind of attention I'm referring to consists of trolls who spam threads, or just resort to being obnoxious sore-winners before anything substantial even comes up. The sort of trolls we got were probably a group of salty western-rep fans who were trying to stir false hopes from the shadows.
Its like those who were trying to stir up crap here before the Game Awards. Jeez, try doin that in real life. I've met a few people who tried to act like a troll in real life. Reality bit them, one literally.

I don't get it. Having to get thier testosterone kick by being a ****. Yeah I'll admit it can be little hard to see others on forums more than random letters and pics but come on. Manners and etiquette cost nothing.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Welp I came back to a bit of a bomb.

I don't think this is the death knell for KOS-MOS but it does hurt her chances. Sakurai could have included her before this market research analysis took place, he could have included her because he sees her as a Crossover character more than just from her own game and he could have included her because she would have a good moveset. Just because Xenosaga is seen as low priority doesn't mean KOS-MOS immediately is. She might even be considered as a general 'Xeno' character and come with a track or two from Xenoblade 2. I don't think it's the time to throw the towel in yet.

Also FE is great and Smash Bros fans continuing to hos mad about it makes me laugh.
I agree, and also I love FE, Corrin is my current main, so will always be a fan, lol. KOS-MOS is tied with Krystal and Shantae as my favorite female video game characters, so still praying for KOS-MOS, would like at least one of my favorite females to be playable, lol

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly at the point where even if Kosmos made it in I wouldn't even be that happy about it, if at all. My opinion on the smash fanbase has really soured over the past couple of months, it's so low it's below ****ing dinosaur bones. I've been on the Xeno train since my early teens, played through Xenogears to Xenoblade 2, I'm used to being disappointed, I'm used to seeing Takahashi, his team and their games being mismanaged and mistreated by their superiors, stupid decisions being made, obstacle after obstacle being placed on the way of this little RPG series that continues on spiritually trotting forward even through three different parent companies and legal IPs.

I've never seen this amount of outright hatred however, calling the characters trash, calling the games trash and how they deserve to die, even from Xenoblade fans who obviously care more about the Nintendo logo appearing on the games' boxes than their actual creators and the history behind them. Making targeted fake leaks to troll a fanbase that isn't even big, so I can only assume they do it out of pure spite. Now today I found "people" (smash fans) celebrating that Xenosaga won't be getting a remaster of all things. Celebrating games not being made. Seriously what the hell is this? You would think a game that prides itself on being the "biggest gaming crossover" would have fans that are more accepting of... well ****ING VIDEOGAMES in general. Instead this is easily the worst videogame fanbase I have ever seen. Nowadays rather than wishing for Kosmos I find myself wishing instead that the ***** on the newcomer speculation thread don't get their favorite characters since that's basically all I've ever seen from them. I should probably just leave because this ****hole is obviously doing nothing but making me bitter.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
i still feel nothing but sadness man :(, i really hate that there is nothing i can do as a fan. again please forgive me i been waiting for a small chance this series can return, i wanted Kos-Mos in smash for the opportunity that people can see the Xenosaga series, this series is so really forgotten that its just not worth it.

I wanted to become a game designer to create a Game i have in my mind since i was little but that's not gonna happen sigh if i where i would have helped this series.

I'm really sad by the way but il follow advice.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly at the point where even if Kosmos made it in I wouldn't even be that happy about it, if at all. My opinion on the smash fanbase has really soured over the past couple of months, it's so low it's below ****ing dinosaur bones. I've been on the Xeno train since my early teens, played through Xenogears to Xenoblade 2, I'm used to being disappointed, I'm used to seeing Takahashi, his team and their games being mismanaged and mistreated by their superiors, stupid decisions being made, obstacle after obstacle being placed on the way of this little RPG series that continues on spiritually trotting forward even through three different parent companies and legal IPs.

I've never seen this amount of outright hatred however, calling the characters trash, calling the games trash and how they deserve to die, even from Xenoblade fans who obviously care more about the Nintendo logo appearing on the games' boxes than their actual creators and the history behind them. Making targeted fake leaks to troll a fanbase that isn't even big, so I can only assume they do it out of pure spite. Now today I found "people" (smash fans) celebrating that Xenosaga won't be getting a remaster of all things. Celebrating games not being made. Seriously what the hell is this? You would think a game that prides itself on being the "biggest gaming crossover" would have fans that are more accepting of... well ****ING VIDEOGAMES in general. Instead this is easily the worst videogame fanbase I have ever seen. Nowadays rather than wishing for Kosmos I find myself wishing instead that the ***** on the newcomer speculation thread don't get their favorite characters since that's basically all I've ever seen from them. I should probably just leave because this ****hole is obviously doing nothing but making me bitter.
Tl;dr

also, chill, it’s just a game.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hate for KOS-MOS does not surprise me in the least considering some Smash Bros fans hate any character that isn't their most wanted. Hero/Erdrick and Terry in particular got constant "LITERAL WHO?!" complaints from people who wanted someone else.

That's why the Smash Bros. fandom can frustrate me sometimes - the downside of getting one of your characters in or becoming a frontrunner for DLC is that those who want someone else can react badly and call them trash. It's the Circle of Smash Life. I just tend to ignore it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's why the Smash Bros. fandom can frustrate me sometimes - the downside of getting one of your characters in or becoming a frontrunner for DLC is that those who want someone else can react badly and call them trash. It's the Circle of Smash Life. I just tend to ignore it.
It's a dog eat dog world for sure.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
chill, it’s just a game.
Smashboards: "Garbage irrelevant dead series" "Fapbait waifubot" "LITERALLY WHOOOOO?" "A character that 4chan is trying to will into existence*"

*crickets*

Random poster: wow this fanbase sucks

IT'S JUST A GAME BRO

*It also hasn't escaped my attention how, despite mocking fatman otherwise, this forum will gladly parrot his falsehoods for the purpose of further ****ting on Kosmos.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I mostly blame episode II. It was a huge disappointment, this coming from someone who loved Episode I and followed II's development. I heard III was a slight improvement but the damage from II had already sadly been done
You are not wrong to blame Episode II for the terrible fate of III. Though in terms of quality, I feel it worth noting that Episode III, while unable to meet sales expectations, is critically acclaimed, and largely considered the best game in the series, as well as one of the best games on the PS2. Unfortunately, given the environment it was released in, III's quality was rendered largely irrelevant.

I've often heard a proper Xenosaga re-release would have to fix a number of problem with Episode II, so I imagine that's also potentially one of the things holding back Xenosaga from getting a remaster/re-release. It just seems like they need a lot of work to be resold to audiences honestly.
I will... probably have to go into the troubles that plagued Episode II (and thus III) at length some time in the near future. Oh dear...

If only one of you could tell Harada in twitter that the fans MATTERS more than Money, or we can go to MONOLIFTH'S https://twitter.com/monolithsoft?lang=en

how about we tell them our opinion as FANS! let's tell them Bring Kos-Mos back! they have her they can work things with Namco.... we are the fans we must do Something! ;(
Harada is aware. He has been following the Xenosaga community for somewhere in the realm of a decade now. He reads the petitions, he knows there's interest, and if nothing else, this shows Harada has personally gone up to bat for us. He's a nerd and a gamer, but the authority he holds comes with expectations and deep responsibility.

Given his history with the fanbase, I believe it safe to say he did what he could. His overall tone in the discussion is uncharacteristically remorseful. If anyone means to launch another mass petition, or some other means to constructively display interest, then by all means... I will simply ask we refrain from bombarding him with vitriol set to a tune he already knows.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I think a few people need a step back for a bit. Thread starting to look a bit tense.
I don't think it's too bad, then again I used to frequent gameFAQs which is a Free-for-all XD
In fact individual character thread is what made me log back into this old account and actually start posting here. It's a better way of doing things if you've got 3-4 fighters you want to support and get in touch with others who also are cheering them on.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Speaking of Project X Zone. It was a pretty damn important game to me. Have to share a story with it at some point.
I just realised how many games I got into because of it.

*deep breath*
Tales series - One of my favourite game series of all time and Arise one of my most anticipated.
Xenosaga - On my to play list.
Endless Frontier - On my to play list.
Namco X Capcom - On my to play list.
Devil May Cry - Have played and might get DMCV soon.
Darkstalkers - On my to play list.
God Eater - Have played and still to watch the Anime. Love the Music.
Mega Man X - X series is pretty enjoyable.
Valkyria Chronicles - First game is amazing.
Sakura Wars - Highest on series to play list. Getting Project Sakura Wars when it comes out. Love the series music.
Virtua Fighter - Played it via Yakuza and loved it.
Shining Series - Have Shining Resonance Refrain and its good.
Resonance of Fate - Have but not played.
Street Fighter - Have Street Fighter II Turbo and enjoyed it.
Yakuza - One of my favourite games series of all time.
Space Channel 5 - On my to play list.
Adventures of Valkyrie - On my to play list.
Shenmue - Have it and was meh.
Summon Night - Still to try.

And I'm done.
Man I relate to this, I got to know so many characters and their personalities just because of this game ( and that includes Kos-Mos!) I should really buy the games again because I lost them after some time rip
Despite all the negativity this fandom can bring, there's also some cool people in it and speculation can be pretty fun with people who want the same character as you.

Also about the Xenosaga thing recently, I dunno if everyone thought that her home series was actually going to help her get into smash. I mean sure her getting another remaster would've brought even more attention but at this point shes pretty much become a cross over character in her own right...its kinda like how capcom always uses morrigan for crossovers yet there hasn't been a recent darkstalkers game in awhile lol.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
We may not get a Remaster, but is it possible for any Xenosaga Switch Ports, Kind of like the Devil May Cry Ports on Switch

_Sheik

Smash Lord

then yeah i'll accept it
Wasn't there only ONE Shinobi rep? :p but there were definitely a lot of ninjas, from Strider Hiryu to Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur... definitely need to tone it down a bit in PXZ3

Top Bottom