• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Seems like we're entering the final stretch on the FP5 train. Seems interesting that leakers have been utterly silent since the VGAs. I hope we get the FP5 announcement before my classes start up.
They did piss off a LOOOOOOT of people after there was no Smash news at the Game Awards, so maybe they're keeping quiet for now.
Either that or there's just nothing significant for them to leak right now.

Last edited:

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
I have logged off of Twitter and may even stay off any forums or Discord for the month of January. Anything that even tries to leak any direct reveals for my Gnosis ass-kicking Android will be shot into space. See ya!

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
They did piss off a LOOOOOOT of people after there was no Smash news at the Game Awards, so maybe they're keeping quiet for now.
Who knows, I guess. I just find it interesting that there's been pretty much absolutely nothing since the VGAs. They at least say something in-between leaks and such, right? I dunno. Like I said, I just hope the direct happens before my classes.

D

Deleted member

I have logged off of Twitter and may even stay off any forums or Discord for the month of January. Anything that even tries to leak any direct reveals for my Gnosis ass-kicking Android will be shot into space. See ya!
Good luck...

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
It's probably just a placeholder date since the pass was scheduled to be completed by February of this year.
I'm almost certain it is. Thing is, this likely means the reveal is pretty damn close, but then again it's pretty much just more fuel for the fire at this point. I'm not sure if it's a fabricated imagine or not though. The listing doesn't show up when i go on the e-shop.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Ah happy new years everyone! Someone else said it as well, but I also hope that a direct is announced before I have to go to school or is even on one of my off days lol.

Also, has anyone watched papagenos newest video? :0

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think some of them like Verge probably already know who FP5 is but isn't saying anything out of fear that the Nintenjas will come after them. Like they did to Sabi who was about to leak Nintendo's E3 presentation but got stopped by Nintendo's lawyers giving him or her a C&D the day before the Nintendo E3 presentation, they will probably do the same to any other credible leaker that leaks anymore of the DLC characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think some of them like Verge probably already know who FP5 is but isn't saying anything out of fear that the Nintenjas will come after them. Like they did to Sabi who was about to leak Nintendo's E3 presentation but got stopped by Nintendo's lawyers giving him or her a C&D the day before the Nintendo E3 presentation, they will probably do thr same to any other credible leaker that leaks anymore of the DLC characters.
No wonder he's doing deconfirmations left and right. Leaving the fans to freely speculate then leave out characters if needed. I'd say it's a smart move to keep your source in check buuuutttt...it's going to affect the expectations of the people.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Ah happy new years everyone! Someone else said it as well, but I also hope that a direct is announced before I have to go to school or is even on one of my off days lol.

Also, has anyone watched papagenos newest video? :0
I've seen it, and it pretty much goes over what we already know. The news of a Xenosaga remaster being denied for development hurts her chances, but Smash newcomers don't necessarily need a new title for consideration. Meanwhile, KOS-MOS checks a lot of other boxes: female fighter, Namco rep, color theory, and Daisy theory. He also talks about what the leakers have been up to in the wake of the Game Awards, but honestly, I think everyone is giving them too much credit. Nobody definitively knows who Fighter 5 is, there wouldn't be so much confusion and inconsistency otherwise.

Troykv

Smash Master
Happy Late New Years everyone... It seems we'll have a quiet speculation...

Unless I missed something in the last two weeks xD

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I've seen it, and it pretty much goes over what we already know. The news of a Xenosaga remaster being denied for development hurts her chances, but Smash newcomers don't necessarily need a new title for consideration. Meanwhile, KOS-MOS checks a lot of other boxes: female fighter, Namco rep, color theory, and Daisy theory. He also talks about what the leakers have been up to in the wake of the Game Awards, but honestly, I think everyone is giving them too much credit. Nobody definitively knows who Fighter 5 is, there wouldn't be so much confusion and inconsistency otherwise.
Which is what I've been saying, Leakers don't truly know until a few days within a direct happens, the worse is just a few hours before the direct or event happens.

I also say don't trust a single word from Papa-Genos or Blocked Content, Marlon Gaming, etc. etc. on leaks as they're not reliable whatsoever and their content is just fake leaks under the excuse of "Oh, we're just talking as if it would be real" when in the video it 100% sounds like they believe it, lol. Marlon's case he thinks every leak he covers is real and is not fake whatsoever and denies covering any... when most of his videos are covering fake leaks.

So... please just... don't listen to them at all.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I also say don't trust a single word from Papa-Genos or Blocked Content, Marlon Gaming, etc. etc. on leaks as they're not reliable whatsoever and their content is just fake leaks under the excuse of "Oh, we're just talking as if it would be real" when in the video it 100% sounds like they believe it, lol. Marlon's case he thinks every leak he covers is real and is not fake whatsoever and denies covering any... when most of his videos are covering fake leaks.

So... please just... don't listen to them at all.
Don't even compare Papa Genos to the likes of LaxChris or Block Content because unlike those guys he knows what he is talking about. Yes, he will go over some misleading stuff or fake leaks in his videos, but he also goes over the credible and important stuff too. The only reason he ever touches a fake leak is when the community is bandwagoning on it and it seems credible at the time a la VGA KOS-MOS 4chan Cat leak.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Don't even compare Papa Genos to the likes of LaxChris or Block Content because unlike those guys he knows what he is talking about. Yes, he will go over some misleading stuff or fake leaks in his videos, but he also goes over the credible and important stuff too. The only reason he ever touches a fake leak is when the community is bandwagoning on it and it seems credible at the time a la VGA KOS-MOS 4chan Cat leak.
When the guy associates himself with those people and did a big collab with all of them, twice infact, that isn't convincing me in the slightest otherwise, Alongside the fact I see so many leaks the community did not bandwagon on being covered I S I N C E R L Y doubt it. Hate me for not believing him like some of ya'll might but that's just me: 99% of the crap youtube leak covers... cover, are fake and is just another way of making that sweet youtube money regardless if they believe it or not. Some stuff though I see: anything Verge and Sabi do are seemingly credible and datamines. shruggity shrug.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When the guy associates himself with those people and did a big collab with all of them, twice infact, that isn't convincing me in the slightest otherwise, Alongside the fact I see so many leaks the community did not bandwagon on being covered I S I N C E R L Y doubt it. Hate me for not believing him like some of ya'll might but that's just me: 99% of the crap youtube leak covers... cover, are fake and is just another way of making that sweet youtube money regardless if they believe it or not. Some stuff though I see: anything Verge and Sabi do are seemingly credible and datamines. shruggity shrug.
Well just because he collab with LaxChris and Blocked Content on Youtube that really doesn't take his word or credibility in the picture out of the game per say. Papa Genos could be doing that collab for the money, but he is a nice guy so he could be doing that out of kindness as well. I never seen Papa Genos go all judgemental on anyone that has a bad reputation like LaxChris or Blocked Content before so regardless of what the community thinks of those guys, Papa Genos probably doesn't care and is being nice.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't have a problem with Papagenos personally. He was never a leaker, and not necessarily anyone with words of gospel to take in as anti-depressant hype medicine.

The problem I have with the current video takedown is that it's a false flag no matter how you look at it. It's either:
  1. Coincidentally fabricated by a dirty snake who's likely in cahoots with other fake leakers that had KOS-MOS in their "leaks"
  2. Or it was Nintendo being weirdly dumb and selective about the mod video, and no trolls were associated with the takedown at all.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
*Sees KOS-MOS Speculation. Runs through door but fails.*

So heavy chance of a Direct soon?
We're hoping, at least. I'm still expecting either Crash, Ryu, or Doomguy. Not necessarily for Western brownie points, but because we've seen them so often in leaks that I might as well be prepared for the toxic parts of their fandoms to come raiding here like sore-winners. Bear in mind, I don't mean all, just some. We have cool people here who support some of those characters.

D

Deleted member

*Sees KOS-MOS Speculation. Runs through door but fails.*

So heavy chance of a Direct soon?
Eh, most likely. We're in January after all, and next month is most likely the end release of the Fighters Pass. Considering that we are starved for news during this entirety of the speculation period, I would have to take in consideration that yes, we will get a Direct.

We're hoping, at least. I'm still expecting either Crash, Ryu, or Doomguy. Not necessarily for Western brownie points, but because we've seen them so often in leaks that I might as well be prepared for the toxic parts of their fandoms to come raiding here like sore-winners. Bear in mind, I don't mean all, just some. We have cool people here who support some of those characters.
I'm just betting on a female by this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'll be very surprised if we don't have a Direct the next two weeks. Feels like Nintendo needs a few more small games around Animal Crossing. I'm predicting Xenoblade remake in May/June.

I'm leaning towards a Western Rep as well. Will always want KOS.

D

Deleted member

More likely than not we'll probably see another Western rep post-pass, though I wouldn't see the character as the pass ender.

I just don't know at this point...if FP5 is indeed a male character I might as well shift to another fighting game with a better gender ratio, like, say, Tekken or Blazblue. I would still continue with Smash, though I wouldn't pursue it seriously. It's just...gender is a big thing to me. Pretty much everyone understands that.

Seeing KOS-MOS as the pass ender would bring a tear in my eye that Sakurai does care about this problem.

Dutch Raikuna

More likely than not we'll probably see another Western rep post-pass, though I wouldn't see the character as the pass ender.

I just don't know at this point...if FP5 is indeed a male character I might as well shift to another fighting game with a better gender ratio, like, say, Tekken or Blazblue. I would still continue with Smash, though I wouldn't pursue it seriously. It's just...gender is a big thing to me. Pretty much everyone understands that.

Seeing KOS-MOS as the pass ender would bring a tear in my eye that Sakurai does care about this problem.
While personally I wouldn't mind whether the final character is male or female, I can understand that it would feel off to some people and I'm speaking on that from a target audience sort of perspective. Trying to widen the angle.

If we go the entire thing without no female then I'll be disappointed. To me seeing who is next in Smash is the main reason why I love the series. A new character is an event, a "Whos goin to Wrestlemania!?" type of thing.
Don't know why I made the wrestling analogy but it was the first comparison in my head.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we go the entire thing without no female then I'll be disappointed. To me seeing who is next in Smash is the main reason why I love the series. A new character is an event, a "Whos goin to Wrestlemania!?" type of thing.
If the former happens I'll boycott Smash completely.

Personally, I just felt like expressing my two cents on the subject in the Female Character Thread, though it seemed you took quite an interest in that topic.

Dutch Raikuna

Personally, I just felt like expressing my two cents on the subject in the Female Character Thread, though it seemed you took quite an interest in that topic.
I'll admit yeah. Its interesting to learn different perspectives on it without it turning into a circlejerk like other forums. It's those who force their views on others with trolling and the I'm right, you're wrong no matter what people that I'm against.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Soul Calibur VI might be your style actually. The gameplay is a lot of fun, it's gorgeous art-wise, the roster is fairly diverse for as diverse as you can get with a fantastical historical cast, and it has a character creator with a decent amount customization. I highly recommend it.

D

Deleted member

Soul Calibur VI might be your style actually. The gameplay is a lot of fun, it's gorgeous art-wise, the roster is fairly diverse for as diverse as you can get with a fantastical historical cast, and it has a character creator with a decent amount customization. I highly recommend it.
The thing that interested me on SoulCali VI was just how underrated yet gorgeous it looks. Granted, it may never reach the heights of its competitors yet it's pretty good to play. Then again, my laptop is an 11 year old junkbox that I could barely play any of the hottest fighting games in it. The only thing it got right? MUGEN.

Though that aside, I love how SCVI's Season 1 was all female (which is really good, plus it's got Tira and 2B). Then again, in Season 2, it got its first male and its Haohmaru which is SUPER HYPE, especially for an SNK fangirl like me. Though on its own, the ratio is clearly a good balance.

One of my older running jokes was that if FP5 is male, then I'mma buy Blazblue Central Fiction for Christmas (which I didn't get anyway), largely because its roster is a perfect 50-50 when it comes to gender.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I've been poking around a few different forums and 'insider' hangouts and the 4 names I see pretty consistently mentioned are Dragonborn, Doom Slayer, Master Chief and KOS-MOS. To be fair they could literally all be wrong but these were the 4 I saw the most.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I've been poking around a few different forums and 'insider' hangouts and the 4 names I see pretty consistently mentioned are Dragonborn, Doom Slayer, Master Chief and KOS-MOS. To be fair they could literally all be wrong but these were the 4 I saw the most.
Not gonna lie, I'd be super okay with these 4 being our last fighters. All of them would be perfect fits, but I'll eat my hat if at least one newcomer isn't female. That Daisy picture has been driving me nuts, and I know Sakurai likes to take a lot of weird snapshots, but that particular one seems too weird not to mean something.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I'd be super okay with these 4 being our last fighters. All of them would be perfect fits, but I'll eat my hat if at least one newcomer isn't female. That Daisy picture has been driving me nuts, and I know Sakurai likes to take a lot of weird snapshots, but that particular one seems too weird not to mean something.
I'm fairly certain that there's going to be at least one female rep, and I think that rep being either KOS-MOS or Elma are decent chances given everything. Whether they're FP5 or later remains to be seen.

I'd be happy with Dragonborn, but I'd rather have Master Chief over Doomy not both. I'm really not fond of multiple space marine characters, and would much rather have Halo.

Dutch Raikuna

While I want more 3rd Party, I kinda want 2 1st parties at least. Feels like Nintendo is missing something by not doing that.

I'm going four more characters.
FP5 3rd of course.

D

Deleted member

Ask a friend of mine and he'll tell you that those four are locks.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While personally I wouldn't mind whether the final character is male or female, I can understand that it would feel off to some people and I'm speaking on that from a target audience sort of perspective. Trying to widen the angle.

Don't know why I made the wrestling analogy but it was the first comparison in my head.
I completely agree. Lol! That wrestling/Wrestlemania compersion I love it!

J.R: Ridley slaughter them all dear lord! This monster has won the Video Game Battle Royal! He is going to Super Smash Bros! Hell hath no fury like the Cunning God of Death my God!

J.R: MY GOD!!! K. Rool has won the Video Game Battle Royal! He is going to Super Smash Bros! He is now a member of the Smash crew dear God!

J. R: BANJO!!! KAZOOIE!!!!

Banjo: Guh-huh!

Kazooie: Bruee!

J. R: THEY DID IT!!! THEY WON THE VIDEO GAME BATTLE ROYAL!!! THEY ARE GOING TO SUPER SMASH BROS. MY GOD!!!

Lmao! J.R man. I use to watch WWE and I stopped watching when Brock Lesnar ended Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania streak at Wrestlemania 30 back in 2014. Undertaker and Kane were my favorite wrestlers the Brothers of Destruction. :)

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm fairly certain that there's going to be at least one female rep, and I think that rep being either KOS-MOS or Elma are decent chances given everything. Whether they're FP5 or later remains to be seen.

I'd be happy with Dragonborn, but I'd rather have Master Chief over Doomy not both. I'm really not fond of multiple space marine characters, and would much rather have Halo.
Yeah I would love to see Elma, and even though KOS-MOS is my ride or die, getting any sort of Xeno representation would satisfy me. Dragonborn would also be dope, but I'm personally torn between Master Chief and Doomslayer. I'm not an FPS guy, but the genre is overdue for more representation in Smash. I feel like Doomslayer is more deserving because of what Doom did for shooters, but I have more of a personal attachment to Master Chief. Lots of fond memories playing Halo 2 and 3 with friends in middle and high school. I haven't played a Halo game since 3, but from what I've heard, that was the best point to leave the series.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I had to choose between Doom Slayer and Master Chief, honestly? I’d go for Master Chief. Yes, Doom has the legacy factor to it, but Halo has one of my favorite worlds and storytelling in a game series during the 2000s. Plus, CERO would likely take kinder to Chief than Slayer when it comes to gore. Hell, one of the later Halo games was rated T (a step down from their usual M)

Bulk Slash

Smash Rookie
After seeing "Daisy Theory" being thrown around again it made me think of an even more obscure connection.

To summarize, here are the things that tie KOS-MOS with Daisy:
  • Female
  • Both being named after flowers ("Cosmos" being a genus for a flower).
  • Daisy is a princess and one of KOS-MOS' aliases is "Princess of First Division"
And I think that's it? There's also Daisy's primary color being orange and the color orange possibly referencing Bandai Namco's logo, but I feel that's a bit much.

Anyways, if we really want to take the leap of faith over this I figure why not have some fun with it! What if Daisy is actually referencing Mary Magdalene?

They share a lot of physical features:
If we continue to take this leap of faith, don't forget Peach's Daisy alt in Melee also referenced the darker skin tone. It's the only one of her four alts that change her skin tone. It wasn't until Mario Party 4 where we got the modern, fair-skinned Daisy. People routinely point out that Sakurai likes to be cheeky and make some deep cuts at times (which is why some of us think Daisy could be a hint at FP5 in the first place). This would lend credence to that by not only obscurely referencing Mary Magdalene, but the classic and forgotten tan-skinned Daisy.

I just thought that was a fun little connection to make based on some coincidences. You'd be shocked at how an overwhelming majority of the roster has blue eyes. Also, if we want to throw undocumented wikia sources into the mix Daisy's height is pegged at 165cm while KOS-MOS/Mary is 167cm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After seeing "Daisy Theory" being thrown around again it made me think of an even more obscure connection.

To summarize, here are the things that tie KOS-MOS with Daisy:
  • Female
  • Both being named after flowers ("Cosmos" being a genus for a flower).
  • Daisy is a princess and one of KOS-MOS' aliases is "Princess of First Division"
And I think that's it? There's also Daisy's primary color being orange and the color orange possibly referencing Bandai Namco's logo, but I feel that's a bit much.

Anyways, if we really want to take the leap of faith over this I figure why not have some fun with it! What if Daisy is actually referencing Mary Magdalene?

They share a lot of physical features:
If we continue to take this leap of faith, don't forget Peach's Daisy alt in Melee also referenced the darker skin tone. It's the only one of her four alts that change her skin tone. It wasn't until Mario Party 4 where we got the modern, fair-skinned Daisy. People routinely point out that Sakurai likes to be cheeky and make some deep cuts at times (which is why some of us think Daisy could be a hint at FP5 in the first place). This would lend credence to that by not only obscurely referencing Mary Magdalene, but the classic and forgotten tan-skinned Daisy.

I just thought that was a fun little connection to make based on some coincidences. You'd be shocked at how an overwhelming majority of the roster has blue eyes. Also, if we want to throw undocumented wikia sources into the mix Daisy's height is pegged at 165cm while KOS-MOS/Mary is 167cm.
All of this is quite interesting and does further support.

January Direct is very very likely and more than likely or not we will see who will exactly take the final spot.

If I had to choose between Doom Slayer and Master Chief, honestly? I’d go for Master Chief. Yes, Doom has the legacy factor to it, but Halo has one of my favorite worlds and storytelling in a game series during the 2000s. Plus, CERO would likely take kinder to Chief than Slayer when it comes to gore. Hell, one of the later Halo games was rated T (a step down from their usual M)
I'm also leaning more on Chief. Considering how he's a bit more mainstream (and has the Japan factor) added to him.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone :D
I'm back from my Smash speculation break since the next Nintendo Direct seems imminant.
It appears that KOS-MOS is still in the running, which makes me quite happy, tbh I've been expecting the "leakers" to have turned down her chances during my break but they've just been silent to my understanding (I would've done the same after the breakdown people had after the Game Awards lol)
Anyway, let's hope for the best in the coming weeks :)

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone :D
I'm back from my Smash speculation break since the next Nintendo Direct seems imminant.
It appears that KOS-MOS is still in the running, which makes me quite happy, tbh I've been expecting the "leakers" to have turned down her chances during my break but they've just been silent to my understanding (I would've done the same after the breakdown people had after the Game Awards lol)
Anyway, let's hope for the best in the coming weeks :)
Dear God you still have hope. We're still here on a clutch horizon due to some stuff lately...

Top Bottom