• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The toy
That is quite a lot of incredible details... It would be quite insane if that managed to be just coincidences
The toy gun... I did recall an article that was about the fighter’s pass but it was overwhelming to find because of the stupid leak articles.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know, it seems like every day that the final Pass Fighter is getting narrowed down, amirite?

We know (or at least we can assume) it's not:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  • Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (That should go without saying.)
  • Geno
  • Doom Slayer (Sadly for me)
  • Gordon Freeman from Half-Life
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Dante from Devil May Cry
  • Anybody from Nippon Ichi Software (Meaning no Disgaea characters)
  • Anybody from Ubisoft (Meaning no Rayman or Ezio)
  • Anybody from Nihon Falcom (Meaning no Ys or Legend of Heroes characters...I don't know much about either, so...)
  • Anybody from Resident Evil (If we're going with Spirits deconfirming)
  • Anybody from the Tales series
  • Anybody from Bandai-Namco (Sadly for us)
  • Anybody from Level-5 (Meaning no Jibanyan)
It's gonna feel like forever until we know for sure who it is, but on the plus side, KOS-MOS is still in the running for us.

EDIT #1: Added more deconfirmations.
EDIT #2: Even more deconfirmations, including KOS-MOS for us. :(

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You know, it seems like every day that the final Pass Fighter is getting narrowed down, amirite?

We know (or at least we can assume) it's not:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  • Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (That should go without saying.)
  • Geno
  • Doom Slayer (Sadly for me)
  • Gordon Freeman from Half-Life
  • Anybody from Nippon Ichi Software (Meaning no Disgaea characters)
  • Anybody from Ubisoft (Meaning no Rayman or Ezio)
  • Anybody from Nihon Falcom (Meaning no Ys or Legend of Heroes characters...I don't know much about either, so...)
  • Anybody from Resident Evil (If we're going with Spirits deconfirming)
It's gonna feel like forever until we know for sure who it is, but on the plus side, KOS-MOS is still in the running for us.
Don’t forget this, anyone with a mii costume or spirit is basically disconfirmed (so there is no Lloyd or Heiheichi), any rpg sword users are unlikely because the pass is supposed to have variety, and the fighter must have something that makes a toy gun relevant in their development.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
and the fighter must have something that makes a toy gun relevant in their development.
Uh, Inklings?

The toy gun comment from Sakurai was stated during the game's development, IIRC, and doesn't necessarily allude to one of the DLC characters possessing a gun of some kind.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Uh, Inklings?

The toy gun comment from Sakurai was stated during the game's development, IIRC, and doesn't necessarily allude to one of the DLC characters possessing a gun of some kind.
The thing is that Kosmos is a character who gets redesigns in almost every appearance. You have to get references for characters like her.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
The thing is that Kosmos is a character who gets redesigns in almost every appearance. You have to get references for characters like her.
Pretty sure the toy gun thing was for Inkling. KOS-MOS doesn't have anything that looks like a toy gun unless you count si-fi weaponry as such and as I've stated before I believe they won't be doing major re-designs for that for characters that are third-party, only first party characters get that sort of thing. Which with that said, KOS-MOS' re-designs are secured for Xeno-series games, any crossover with anything that isn't a Xeno-series game she usually has Ver. 4 as her main design such as in Robot Wars and the Project Cross Zone series and Namco x Capcom (I think NxC might've been Ver 1 actually, I forget... good thing she's literally in the tutorial mission with Shion and MOMO so someone can double check that). Only case where this doesn't apply is when its a costume of her (Tales Of Vesperia and Soulcaliber) and the Family Stadium series where they put her in a baseball uniform (where do you think my profile pic got its inspiration from?)

Either way the list Goliso has put together is accurate, besides not including Mii Costumes from Smash 4 won't be receiving promotions to fighter status via DLC. Not this pass anyways.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I know this was touched upon in late October, making me rather slow on the draw. Found myself ruminating on the background colors again and wanted to share an observation. Now, I no longer have my finger on the pulse of discussion like I once did, so I apologize if this is old news already talked to death, but that being said...

Joker has Red. Red is Joker's image color, as well as a color strongly associated with Persona 5. It is also one of the more prominent colors of the Atlus logo.
Banjo&Kazooie has Yellow. Yellow is the color used for Jiggies, a substantial element of their games, considered their symbol. It is also the primary color of Rare's logo. Yellow was also directly associated with Rare during Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer.
Terry has Blue. Blue, specifically Light Blue, has already been noted as indicative of SNK's logo.
Hero is Purple. Purple is the color of Luminary's jacket. Also, while purple was not used for the official Enix logo, it does hold particular meaning for the Dragon Quest series specifically, being the primary color of the original Dragon Quest logo. It breaks the pattern of company logos (there is a purple Enix logo, but I do not believe it was ever used in an official capacity), though still appears to keep logos in mind.
Which gets to Fighter 5, who we strongly believe will have Orange. Following this assumed trend, the most prominent gaming companies who use orange in their logo are: Bandai Namco, Konami, and Rockstar Games. It is also used for the original Ninja Gaiden logo and original Doom logo.
Of course, this could all be purely coincidental; humans are rather adept at pattern recognition, and often find them where none exist. Still thought it an interesting notion.

But if one were to assume it true for the sake of argument... process of elimination would proceed as follows:
-Konami already got a character in Simon/Richter, making additions unlikely.
-Hayabusa and Doomguy are supposedly out of the running, at least for #5.
-Rockstar can likely be discounted due to its mature content.

So... *coughs*

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know this was touched upon in late October, making me rather slow on the draw. Found myself ruminating on the background colors again and wanted to share an observation. Now, I no longer have my finger on the pulse of discussion like I once did, so I apologize if this is old news already talked to death, but that being said...

Joker has Red. Red is Joker's image color, as well as a color strongly associated with Persona 5. It is also one of the more prominent colors of the Atlus logo.
Banjo&Kazooie has Yellow. Yellow is the color used for Jiggies, a substantial element of their games, and are considered their symbol. It is also the primary color of Rare's logo. Yellow was also directly associated with Rare during Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer.
Terry has Blue. Blue, specifically Light Blue, has already been noted as indicative of SNK's logo.
Hero is Purple. Purple is the color of Luminaries jacket. Also, while purple was not used for the official Enix logo, it does hold particular meaning for the Dragon Quest series specifically, being the primary color of the original Dragon Quest logo. It breaks the pattern of company logos (there is a purple Enix logo, but I do not believe it was ever used in an official capacity), though still appears to keep logos in mind.
Which gets to Fighter 5, who we strongly believe will have Orange. Following this assumed trend, the most prominent gaming companies who use orange in their logo are: Bandai Namco, Konami, and Rockstar Games. It is also used for the original Ninja Gaiden logo and original Doom logo.
Of course, this could all be purely coincidental; humans are rather adept at pattern recognition, and often find them where none exist. Still thought it an interesting notion.

But if one were to assume it true for the sake of argument... process of elimination would proceed as follows:

So... *coughs*
know what other logo has been orange since the start?

Just saying :)

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Long time lurker here, can I be added to the support list? Big fan of Xeno in general and KOS-MOS is pretty much the face of the series.
Glad to have you! They are all amazing games. Xenogears and Xenosaga are my all time favourites though.

Banjo&Kazooie has Yellow. Yellow is the color used for Jiggies, a substantial element of their games, considered their symbol. It is also the primary color of Rare's logo. Yellow was also directly associated with Rare during Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer.
Hero is Purple. Purple is the color of Luminary's jacket. Also, while purple was not used for the official Enix logo, it does hold particular meaning for the Dragon Quest series specifically, being the primary color of the original Dragon Quest logo. It breaks the pattern of company logos (there is a purple Enix logo, but I do not believe it was ever used in an official capacity), though still appears to keep logos in mind.

So... *coughs*
Lynn! I really miss you posting around here but I know speculation can get rather dull sometimes. And yeah Blue on orange would make so much sense (KOS-MOS)

D

Deleted member

I gotta feeling that we might get our results tomorrow, should Sabi return with much-needed progress. If Lloyd gets confirmed, well, great. If KOS-MOS gets confirmed, get the drinks. If we're both deconfirmed and no Bamco reps...we burn together.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I gotta feeling that we might get our results tomorrow, should Sabi return with much-needed progress. If Lloyd gets confirmed, well, great. If KOS-MOS gets confirmed, get the drinks. If we're both deconfirmed and no Bamco reps...we burn together.
They’re going to ever make confirms, just disconfirmations. If Lloyd gets his disconfirmation, Kos-mos is 99% in.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
They’re going to ever make confirms, just disconfirmations. If Lloyd gets his disconfirmation, Kos-mos is 99% in.
Wouldn't be 99 % sure, but it would sound really promising for her chances.

By the by, dropping by from the Newcomer thread (I'm the guy watching the impending Switch release in China, yes). Honestly, KOS-MOS is a character that I'm incredibly intrigued by despite having never played the Xeno series. Mostly familiar from the Project X Zone crossovers - and honestly, I like her character for what it is the most.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we get KOS-MOS, we'd have 5 characters who appeared in Project X Zone 2 as playable - Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, and of course KOS-MOS.

maybe complete KOS-MOS's duo and add Fiora later down the line...?

D

Deleted member

If we get KOS-MOS, we'd have 5 characters who appeared in Project X Zone 2 as playable - Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina, and of course KOS-MOS.

maybe complete KOS-MOS's duo and add Fiora later down the line...?
An epic reunion, perhaps.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So I just remembered a scene from Xenosaga Freaks and it's seriously hilarious KOS-MOS is involved in a cat leak.

Can't believe I didn't put this together sooner but lol

For those that didn't watch/play Xenosaga Freaks.... KOS-MOS gets infected with a kitty virus. It's where her cat ears from Xenoblade 2 come from. I wonder if the cat poster was referencing this somehow but it's probably me reaching.

D

Deleted member

So I just remembered a scene from Xenosaga Freaks and it's seriously hilarious KOS-MOS is involved in a cat leak.

For those that didn't watch/play Xenosaga Freaks.... KOS-MOS gets infected with a kitty virus. It's where her cat ears from Xenoblade 2 come from. I wonder if the cat poster was referencing this somehow but it's probably me reaching.
Secretly smiles.

Here's to me playing Rose on Street Fighter Alpha tonight. The stars indeed align.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

What if Kos-Mos’s code name was “kitty” or “cat”?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Deconfirmed via spirit, sorry to burst your bubble.

That said Sabi hasn't given an update yet but did say some Phoenix Wright leak was fake.
I still dont think spirits deconfirm. At worst it means they arent in spot 5, but fully deconfirmed nah. You know they will bring Geno at least, and i think shantae at well

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
My guess for spirit upgrades would be Shantae, and Rex and the Aegis.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want Bandana Dee, Shantae, Black Shadow, Elma, Fiora and Octolings as Spirit upgrades

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm new and semi-posting to throw in my support for Kos-Mos. I say semi because I feel like Kos-Mos would destroy 2B's chances, who I want slightly more. On the other hand, Kos-Mos getting in would make Reimu more likely who I want more than both of them, so I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, lol. Wish we could have everyone.

Anyway, I'm thinking of finally playing Project X-zone soon. Heard she has a big role, so that's good.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Regardless of people's opinions on Xenosaga, KOS-MOS would carry so much symbolism as the final Fighters Pass fighter. Not only is she the Namco crossover queen, and not only is her current (and best) iteration a Nintendo/Namco partnership, but Monolith Soft's own postergirl becoming playable would help heal the deep cut left on their souls by the Rex Mii costume.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Regardless of people's opinions on Xenosaga, KOS-MOS would carry so much symbolism as the final Fighters Pass fighter. Not only is she the Namco crossover queen, and not only is her current (and best) iteration a Nintendo/Namco partnership, but Monolith Soft's own postergirl becoming playable would help heal the deep cut left on their souls by the Rex Mii costume.
Yeah i really think people outside of here are sleeping on that 20th Anniversery fact. That with Sakurai's love of the series, and Nintendo really close to monolith soft, really makes me think KOS-MOS is quite likely

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Yeah i really think people outside of here are sleeping on that 20th Anniversery fact. That with Sakurai's love of the series, and Nintendo really close to monolith soft, really makes me think KOS-MOS is quite likely
Well I mean... they do own Monolith Soft, so... kinda a given. But you’re right on that, a lot of people like to sleep on those facts and I think it’s because (as I made a comment on a recent Gamexplain video) there’s still a good chunk of people that hate everything Xeno (sadly) because they hate Pyra and Mythra because large chest = bad and what not so they can’t fathom Sakurai liking the series, etc. etc.. If it wasn’t a childish reason like that I would’ve given the time of day but I just ignored them.

Tekken would still be in the running, too.
Perhaps, but not Heihachi.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I mean... they do own Monolith Soft, so... kinda a given. But you’re right on that, a lot of people like to sleep on those facts and I think it’s because (as I made a comment on a recent Gamexplain video) there’s still a good chunk of people that hate everything Xeno (sadly) because they hate Pyra and Mythra because large chest = bad and what not so they can’t fathom Sakurai liking the series, etc. etc.. If it wasn’t a childish reason like that I would’ve given the time of day but I just ignored them.

Perhaps, but not Heihachi.
If they played the game they would know they had large personalities to match their large chests lol. Seriously though, just because of woke culture people think big boobs means instant sex only character

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm really getting the feeling that Lloyd is the leakbait. Think about it.... why would the insiders be hiding Lloyd when the smash community has been expecting him for too many years now? Following that, we have the tales symbols that dont even match Lloyd and Lloyd is red which wouldn't go well with a orange background. I think I feel that Verge won't say Namco is because it is too likely to give it away.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Personally, I'm really getting the feeling that Lloyd is the leakbait. Think about it.... why would the insiders be hiding Lloyd when the smash community has been expecting him for too many years now? Following that, we have the tales symbols that dont even match Lloyd and Lloyd is red which wouldn't go well with a orange background. I think I feel that Verge won't say Namco is because it is too likely to give it away.
-Lloyd could just have an orange background though. he is a Namco Character after all

-and the Symbols could be cause in the case Lloyd were to get in, he would encompass all Aspects of Tales and not just him. Then again, Terry only comes with Fatal Fury for Symbols and he encompasses all of SNK (Fighting games) so eh

I could definitely see Lloyd being pushed as a name in inside, to hide the true character though. One thing i found weird is why the symbols were getting trademarked of October of this year. i just think the timing is weird when it comes to the Fighter Pass and Development. I don't know though

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm really getting the feeling that Lloyd is the leakbait. Think about it.... why would the insiders be hiding Lloyd when the smash community has been expecting him for too many years now?
The reason we're told FP 5 is withheld is because only a small faction of people high-up know who it is. If declared, it would expose insiders and screw them over, even if it is a character some people would "expect." The confirmation is more than enough to risk their jobs.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey KOS-MOS Thread

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tales characters' deconfirmation is a big plus for KOS-MOS' chances. (My respects for the Tales characters' supporters)

...God, I'm gonna feel old by the time the final Pass character is announced. But this does play in favor of the Cat Leak. As I've said on this thread before, if we go by that leak, Fighter 5 should be in a polished-enough state to show off gameplay, whether it's the little snippet like Terry or the usual gameplay trailer.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm rooting for Nightmare right now more than any character to be the Namco rep, but I hope it's KOS-MOS if it isn't him. I'm rooting for you guys. Go KOS-MOS!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
KOS-MOS definitely isn't a lock but damn if things aren't really looking in her favor right now.

Here's to hoping that my optimism isn't misplaced.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If they played the game they would know they had large personalities to match their large chests lol. Seriously though, just because of woke culture people think big boobs means instant sex only character
You got that right, lmao.

I see the whole Tales Of series got de-confirmed for fighter 5.

Guess the only real opposing Namco Series left would be: Soulcaliber, Dark Souls, Klonoa, and Digimon.

Top Bottom