• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Since I have Vergeben's gamefaqs profile bookmarked I can indeed confirm he said that those fighters of Doom Guy, Geno, Ryu Hyabusa, and Scorpion aren't happening.

That said, this apparently happened:

That said, doesn't have to be fighter 5 specifically but could be preparations done for someone in the future, since as Verge confirmed: /discussion/ about Ryu was what leaked, though he isn't fighter 5, so... maybe expect Mr. Ninja there next Fighter Pass. That said uh... this comment is probably not KOS-MOS, though if I had to say anyone from the Xeno-series... probably Rex with Pyra/Mythra (despite the Mii Costume, my hope for that is lower than Square treating Xenogears well at all) and whoever else he brings like Roc give my boi Roc some love and screentime. That said, I feel like this is probably a fighter for future DLC and not Fighter #5 due to that youtube thing.

That said, this datamine information may also be wrong since I haven't heard about it at all besides this screencap a friend who wants Rex a lot showed me.
i'm going to shoot this down since PapaGenos didn't seem to get the message of that little fake news in his video (that or he had to upload what was already done, because i know people like Sean Hicks and IntelliHeath had to inform him about it):
1573964803817.png

-Andree123 was wondering at GameBanana and seen a Character Expansion mod for Ultimate. (which lets you play as unplayable/inaccessable characters like Giga Bowser or etc.
-they mistook this as a datamine for Ultimate
-they were likely here because they want to look around for anything pertaining to that one Mii Costume leak people are divisive over
-with very little in depth research on the claim, people took it as gospel and spread this Smashboards post in several places
-as soon as PapaGenos' gave his opnion on it, the Smash Ultimate modding discord were pretty upset the community is fooling themselves again with fake news
-was already too late once that video went up unchanged
TL;DR: that's not a datamine, someone thought it was but assumed so since it was Ultimate modding-related.
this has nothing to do with the now patched Terry glitch either which applied to everyone else.

so yeah, just ignore this

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not sure if discussed before, we probably did but:

do you guys think KOS-MOS is the “female with the projectile” that the Milk Bosatu leak referenced? It’s obvious to me that the FP characters weren’t worked on in order, it’s possible hero had the most work done on him first (he was supposedly meant to be base originally), Joker was revealed first to entice people even though he dropped in April, and FP4, who we now know is Terry, was from a company that as of the initial leak hadn’t appeared in Smash yet (SNK). And Terry’s initial reveal said “now in development” after the tagline card. It’s possible the female, likely KOS-MOS, was worked on before Terry.

also I’m now noticing Milk said the character wasn’t Reimu, but following the “more characters in development” announcement, it’s possible Milk knows Reimu is in but not in this pass, which would align with Drunken Cat... Reimu wouldn’t be FP5 if true anyway, her publisher (Zun) hasn’t appeared yet while KOS-MOS’s (Bandai Namco) has, which aligns with the Milk leak’s claim that FP5’s publisher “already appeared”.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

do you guys think KOS-MOS is the “female with the projectile” that the Milk Bosatu leak referenced? It’s obvious to me that the FP characters weren’t worked on in order, it’s possible hero had the most work done on him first (he was supposedly meant to be base originally), Joker was revealed first to entice people even though he dropped in April, and FP4, who we now know is Terry, was from a company that as of the initial leak hadn’t appeared in Smash yet (SNK). And Terry’s initial reveal said “now in development” after the tagline card. It’s possible the female, likely KOS-MOS, was worked on before Terry.

also I’m now noticing Milk said the character wasn’t Reimu, but following the “more characters in development” announcement, it’s possible Milk knows Reimu is in but not in this pass, which would align with Drunken Cat... Reimu wouldn’t be FP5 if true anyway, her publisher (Zun) hasn’t appeared yet while KOS-MOS’s (Bandai Namco) has, which aligns with the Milk leak’s claim that FP5’s publisher “already appeared”.
I read the info about the Milk leak on SSB Wiki
https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak

It says the character wore Japanesse Clothing, similiar to that of Nakoruru, Which doesn't seem like the clothing KOS-MOS wears, since she is futuristic

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I read the info about the Milk leak on SSB Wiki
https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak

It says the character wore Japanesse Clothing, similiar to that of Nakoruru, Which doesn't seem like the clothing KOS-MOS wears, since she is futuristic
I really can’t think of any other character that fits that criteria though, aside from Reimu, who was already stated not to be in this pass

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Honestly? I think Bosatsu is full of crap.

They claim to know there's a "female character with projectiles", but they've intentionally dodged the question as to who they are specifically by making people play a guessing game with them. Most people would have assumed Reimu with the Japanese clothing aesthetic she has, but since it is apparently not her, there are very few, if any characters who fit that description.

Seems to me they're just looking for attention at this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sakura Shinguji?

I think that I've seen her name mentioned a couple of times.
She is from Sega, which has already appeared in Smash, and Atlus is counted separately from Sega in the copyrights.

only thing is I don’t think Sakura Wars has much of a presence in the west. At least Hero and Terry’s games did before they got announced for Smash (Dragon Quest 8 for PS2 got into the Greatest Hits collection iirc)

and obviously, KOS-MOS had all her core games published in the west (2 wasn’t released in Europe tho iirc, and the interquel between I think 2 and 3 or 1 and 2 I forget, it was for DS, was Japan only but other than that)

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I thought most of us agreed Mik Bosatu was full of BS due to the amount of times they changed their story constantly? Or am I confusing them with someone else?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quick question WOULD Sakura Shinguji have projectiles anyway? She doesn’t look like the type to have projectiles

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

i tried talking to Milk-BOSATU about the rumor and haven't gotten a response since he told me he was backing Terry
Nokolo, of SourceGaming, however also got to talk to BOSATU and eventually who shot down Nakoruru day before Terry's reveal, before i tried to talk to him about Terry rumors.

i tried asking him if the japanese clothing girl with projectile, Mr. H saw, was just Mai (before we know she was excluded from the game) in the back ground but no response was made since.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Potential game awards leak? KOS-MOS is there but.... other stuff is interesting

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/486057606

>The cult SNES game Clock Tower is getting a remaster, set for release in 2020.
>Kingdom Hearts 3 Re: Mind is getting another trailer, getting delayed to January 2020.
>SMT V is finally gonna get shown off again, after 2 years of waiting.
>The final character of the fighter pass is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, then they reveal that 4 additional characters are being planned for 2020.
>A new game from the makers of Gone Home is gonna get revealed, don't know what it's called tho.
>A pack of Vocaloid songs are gonna get added to Beat Saber after the awards show.
>Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC exclusively on EGS.

We haven't seen SMT V for years.... it's a really great time for people to get back into it. KH3 DLC delay is very believable. This is SE we are talking about here. I'm not sure about Horizon Zero dawn PC but Death Stranding is coming to PC so that's always a huge possibility. Clock tower is a game people forgot about and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get remastered.

4 additional fighters would line up with the rule of 3 theory and Cat leak.

D

Deleted member

>Kingdom Hearts 3 Re: Mind is getting another trailer, getting delayed to January 2020.
>The final character of the fighter pass is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, then they reveal that 4 additional characters are being planned for 2020.
>A new game from the makers of Gone Home is gonna get revealed, don't know what it's called tho.
>A pack of Vocaloid songs are gonna get added to Beat Saber after the awards show.

We haven't seen SMT V for years.... it's a really great time for people to get back into it. KH3 DLC delay is very believable. This is SE we are talking about here. I'm not sure about Horizon Zero dawn PC but Death Stranding is coming to PC so that's always a huge possibility. Clock tower is a game people forgot about and I wouldn't be surprised to see it get remastered.

The stars do indeed are starting to align...

Troykv

Smash Master

I find quite funny they mention this game awards actually focus more in celebrating gaming and the awards themselves instead of the annoucements xD

Let's hope for the best!

GolisoPower

Smash Master

That’s interesting and it has me pumped.

Doing my research into that Clock Tower part...I dunno why, but I kinda want a Clock Tower rep in Smash in some form or another now. Maybe like Jennifer as a playable character or a Scissorman Mii Costume?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
People have notified me that it is bizarre for Horizon to come to epic games store. I'm not very familiar with epic games store so can someone clarify on why? Journey came to PC right? Beyond two souls and Heavy Rain as well right? So what's the difference here?

Polan

Smash Lord
People have notified me that it is bizarre for Horizon to come to epic games store. I'm not very familiar with epic games store so can someone clarify on why? Journey came to PC right? Beyond two souls and Heavy Rain as well right? So what's the difference here?
i think journey is a first party sony game as well like horizon. or at least that's what i think since it does have the sony trademark on the EGS store.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>Gone Home
Ewww get it away from me, if the devs are making something new it’ll probably suck again

I guess they won’t reveal who those other 4 characters planned so far are tho if true

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
>Gone Home
Ewww get it away from me, if the devs are making something new it’ll probably suck again

I guess they won’t reveal who those other 4 characters planned so far are tho if true
if this rumour is true then cat leak is true. Haybusa and Reimu then? But right now let's not get our hopes up. If any of these things are revealed at the game awards THEN I will start screaming with excitement cause I know it means KOS-MOS is coming.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989

Was kinda looking for an excuse to talk about this, so...

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1196872088990015488?s=20

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1196885542333374464?s=20

Sabi has made this with some specific wording, those of us on the Monokuma thread believe either... Danganronpa (Monokuma) is getting announced to join Smash Bros (since apparently Sabi has had a track of saying something ain't a smash hint but it actually was or something) or... new Danganronpa games/switch ports.

So I don't know exactly how accurate that 4chan leak is, either way.... win-win situation for me. KOS-MOS or Monokuma or a new Danganronpa game or switch ports of previous games (or all of the above... that options sounds fantastic). That said a datamine and adding through a hack/mod, the game can handle 11 more slots before crashing, so... I don't know why its saying 4 when fighter pack 2 is probably gonna be five and three also being five, unless they mean 4 of those 5 characters will release in 2020 and the last one in 2021 like how the fifth fighter of the pass will probably release in 2020 and not December while everyone else was in 2019. That said... I don't think they'd essentially announce 5 characters at the game awards and show off fighters beyond #75 and #76. I could see them announcing the number of fighters, but I don't see them announcing who they specifically are besides #75 and maybe #76 ala Joker, not close to down but revealed months in advance.

also it'd be about time they showed off SMT 5, if they didn't show it off at all this year I was just gonna assume they canceled it for all the P5 spin-offs and the royal.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Was kinda looking for an excuse to talk about this, so...

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1196872088990015488?s=20

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1196885542333374464?s=20

Sabi has made this with some specific wording, those of us on the Monokuma thread believe either... Danganronpa (Monokuma) is getting announced to join Smash Bros (since apparently Sabi has had a track of saying something ain't a smash hint but it actually was or something) or... new Danganronpa games/switch ports.

So I don't know exactly how accurate that 4chan leak is, either way.... win-win situation for me. KOS-MOS or Monokuma or a new Danganronpa game or switch ports of previous games (or all of the above... that options sounds fantastic). That said a datamine and adding through a hack/mod, the game can handle 11 more slots before crashing, so... I don't know why its saying 4 when fighter pack 2 is probably gonna be five and three also being five, unless they mean 4 of those 5 characters will release in 2020 and the last one in 2021 like how the fifth fighter of the pass will probably release in 2020 and not December while everyone else was in 2019. That said... I don't think they'd essentially announce 5 characters at the game awards and show off fighters beyond #75 and #76. I could see them announcing the number of fighters, but I don't see them announcing who they specifically are besides #75 and maybe #76 ala Joker, not close to down but revealed months in advance.

also it'd be about time they showed off SMT 5, if they didn't show it off at all this year I was just gonna assume they canceled it for all the P5 spin-offs and the royal.
I get the impression that the four fighters applies to characters whose release windows correlate with the characters we got this year just based on development times. Chances are that we might get a 10th fighter in early 2021 in the same way number 5 is all-but-confirmed to be released early within January/February.

If we get Monokuma or another Danganronpa character, it'd be hilarious just based on the fact that a visual novel other than Ace Attorney, Fate/Stay Night, and Steins;Gate gets in Smash before those three. Artoria is kind of my Most-Wanted visual novel rep in that regard, with Phoenix leading second.

Night Gale

Smash Ace

This can't be true. It's too good to be true. Holy ****.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I get the impression that the four fighters applies to characters whose release windows correlate with the characters we got this year just based on development times. Chances are that we might get a 10th fighter in early 2021 in the same way number 5 is all-but-confirmed to be released early within January/February.

If we get Monokuma or another Danganronpa character, it'd be hilarious just based on the fact that a visual novel other than Ace Attorney, Fate/Stay Night, and Steins;Gate gets in Smash before those three. Artoria is kind of my Most-Wanted visual novel rep in that regard, with Phoenix leading second.
Probably, though again I feel like besides #75 and #76 none of them would get a proper reveal, just the number of characters that are releasing.

I mean... it would be, since as some of us in the Monokuma support thread will admit part of the reason we want him in is to beat up that despair obsessed bear. Though I always considered Danganronpa, Fate/Stay Night, and Ace Attorney the big three of visual novels (which fun fact: Sakurai enjoys Danganronpa and Kodaka's other games. No idea on his stance on Ace Attorney and the Fate/ series though). Personally Artoria is my second most wanted after Monokuma when it comes to VN characters, which is why you can also find me on the Artoria support thread.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Wow this thread exploaded. I really do think kosmos is the most likely, g9ven a lot of stuff in the past. Sakurai mentioning that llyod and hiehatchi wouldnt fit, his love of the xeno series, and that we still dont have the namco costumes.

I know the cat leak, which this means reimu is comingnif kosmos drops, but whats the rule of 3 theory, and i hope we get more then just 4 more, as that seems to make it seem like those 4 would be reimu, ryu, doomguy, and geno most likely. Not bad choices but where be my shantae

KatKit

Smash Lord
Sakura Shinguji has projectile based attacks outside of her mecha. This doesn't mean anything, but I just wanted to clarify that since it was asked.

She is from Sega, which has already appeared in Smash, and Atlus is counted separately from Sega in the copyrights.
Although I think a Namco character is more likely, there's always a possibility for any of the companies to double dip or kick off the new season pass.

only thing is I don’t think Sakura Wars has much of a presence in the west. At least Hero and Terry’s games did before they got announced for Smash (Dragon Quest 8 for PS2 got into the Greatest Hits collection iirc)
She doesn't yet, but she definitely might. There's an upcoming game that's getting an international release, and the radically different gameplay change looks like it'll appeal to bigger audience (particularly in the West).

Regardless, Sakura has quite a legacy overseas, and would be a pretty solid foreign character like Marth/Roy were back in the day. I don't think she's as likely as KOS-MOS, but she (or Gemini Sunrise) would also be cool somewhere down the line.

I'm just mentioning this because I just so happen to be a Sakura Shinguji supporter as well as a KOS-MOS one (we Project X Zone now lol). The Sakura support thread had one heck of a pitch, and the new game is worth checking out, IMO.

With that being said, I'm going to check these leaks out, but please hype responsibly, y'all. Some might be legit, especially closer to the VGAs, and I hope they are, but there's nothing wrong with fact checking, a healthy dosage of skepticism, etc.

Also... I love that Cat Leak timeline chart thing. That one seems like one of the more believable ones, IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also... I love that Cat Leak timeline chart thing. That one seems like one of the more believable ones, IMO.
That Cat leaker is still anonymous, but that doesn't mean that her chances are low.

I just want a female in the pass...****

D

Deleted member

With that being said, I'm going to check these leaks out, but please hype responsibly, y'all. Some might be legit, especially closer to the VGAs, and I hope they are, but there's nothing wrong with fact checking, a healthy dosage of skepticism, etc.

Given Fatman's recent posts, we might very well be getting new **** from insiders at this point.

D

Deleted member

Given Fatman's recent posts, we might very well be getting new **** from insiders at this point.
They must be willing to do so, unless they're under cease and desist. Just be warned if they could spread fake info; they have been given the warning from Nintendo anyway.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Trash it, its missing Elden Ring. And the potential Resident Evil 3 remake.

I understand you guys want Kos Mos, but I wouldn’t go around believing every single 4chan leak containing her, that would get hopes way up for potentially nothing. Though I still think Kos Mos has a shot, even though I don’t believe the cat leak personally.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I understand you guys want Kos Mos, but I wouldn’t go around believing every single 4chan leak containing her, that would get hopes way up for potentially nothing. Though I still think Kos Mos has a shot, even though I don’t believe the cat leak personally.
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Okay so after today’s Sabi tweets I feel like there’s no reason to believe she knows anything about fighter #5

The person said those weren’t all the reveals.

And nobody is believing it. I literally just shared it for discussion.

Anyway something new today.....

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Unknown to the fans hmmmmm do you guys think it is KOS-MOS?

Edit: looks like I took this out of context. He didn’t say unknown to fans!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay so after today’s Sabi tweets I feel like there’s no reason to believe she knows anything about fighter #5

It’s probably someone post pass/for season 2 most likely

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Pretty sure he meant that we don’t know who it is yet.

But yeah, a VGA teaser is pretty much a lock at this point.

Top Bottom