• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

D

Deleted member 189823

How strong is Bowser's U-Tilt? I was wondering how strong it is, and compared it a bit to Snake's U-Tilt...Bowser's U-Tilt kills lightweights at around 100% just like Snake's. I don't know for sure because I barely use it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm not sure about the KO percents but I know it's weaker than D3's. You should use it more often, as sh ff utilt is his best finisher aside from GR dtilt. You obviously can't be repetitive with ff airdodging. It's also a decent anti air at lower percents.

It also helps a lot if you learn how to pivot it.

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

I use Tap Jump, that's why it's hard.
Getting used to X/Y jumping is harder.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I never really used dtilt outside of GRs and utilt until I started A sticking, it makes it a lot easier.

I really think Bowser gets so much more out of A sticking than C sticking. The only notable thing you lose is dair auto fastfalling when trying to DI vertical knockback.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Only b sticking loses it, or at least that's what the smash lab said.

Edit- Now I'm not sure if I read that correctly, so I'm gonna ask.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I also use tap jump and can pivot UTilt with absolutely no problem.

You just literally have to tilt it.

Or if youre using smash-stick (default c-stick) you can tilt up with the control stick and then hit up on the c stick and youll get an uptilt

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Yeah I can pivot bomb without b sticking too, but A sticking also lets me pivot jab easier.

I have TJ off too but I'm not very good at upbing OOS yet.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
After switching tap jump on and off multiple times over the years, I prefer on. Utilts are easy for me on both settings, and Fortressing is just plain more comfortable for me with TJ on. Comfort of maneuvers matter, especially in the heat of battle.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So I'm trying to figure out what each character can do with Diddy's Bananas, and I'm going around to each character's board asking this: does your character have any fun combos or tricks they can do specifically with Bananas? If not, you might look into it; it'd be useful both for the Diddy MU and for Doubles when your partner is a Diddy.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
FH rising inana or rising zdrop may lead into bomb. Haven't tested it but it seems like it'd work. Either way I doubt anyone you verse would do that. I also doubt any Bowser you verse would footstool bomb you.

Dthrow nana from above probably leads into bomb too.

What happens when you sideb Diddy onto a nana you're in control of?

Flayl

Smash Hero
So I'm trying to figure out what each character can do with Diddy's Bananas, and I'm going around to each character's board asking this: does your character have any fun combos or tricks they can do specifically with Bananas? If not, you might look into it; it'd be useful both for the Diddy MU and for Doubles when your partner is a Diddy.
Bowser can klaw hop on top of bananas without tripping, so he can instant-throw them while rising as well

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Anyone tried out Akuma Jumping with Bowser yet? I have some ideas but don't feel quiteeee ready to test yet.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm assuming he's talking about this:

[yt]G_xWEe3Qr18[/yt]

D

Deleted member 189823

I thought it was going to be useless until you brought that up, MrEh.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It seems like it would be a viable option for Klaw, Fair, or maybe even a Dair or Nair. I'll try it out myself.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
One thing I do is catch an opponent in fire breath (so not tipped) then release it very early then just upb them. It seems to catch them when they're trying to SDI and upb is usually fast enough to outspeed their reaction to the release.

It's worked for me basically everytime but I wanted to know if it's a legit tactic against high level opponents.

D

Deleted member 189823

Any tips on becoming a better Bowser player? By 'better', I mean "not so predictable" since I now find myself being pure Klaw to F-Tilt (when Klaw misses) and approaching with shield to grab my opponent SOMETIMES.

I'll upload a video later showing what I mean.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Do sourspotted attacks do the same shield damage as when sweetspotted?

If so sourspotted bomb could be interesting.

D

Deleted member 189823

Do you recommend Tap Jump off? I have tried to used it once, kind of got used to it but quickly went back to the normal jumping because I literally couldn't Up-B OoS. I had to leave my shield and THEN Up-B to execute it. With Tap Jump on, I can Up-B when inside the shield. =/
Am I missing out too much when it comes to the U-Tilt? It's a cool KO move that I never ever, ever use. And that's only because Tap Jump is on.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've always played with tap jump on. I need it for ledgehopping. I use X to jump in every other situation. As for using uptilt, I've never had a problem.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
you can still uptilt with tap jump on. this is what i was talking about when i mentioned exploring your controller and what it will and will not let you do.

you can up tilt perfectly fine and do the reverse utilt if necessary. all you have to do is press up on the joystick and flick the c stick up. i personally find it easier than pressing a because there's no guarantee that the "intended" tilt will be a smash attack or not, whereas if you press up and then up on the c stick its a guaranteed tilt.

do whatever makes you easier. that question will only give you answers relative to our own experience.

D

Deleted member 189823

I find it hard to do because I tend to trigger jump. When you're playing, you have to do it fast, and pulling up slightly without jumping is hard.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
it's something you have to get used to. I have no problem doing it now, but I can see where you're coming from.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What's Bowser's fastest attack when you've just klawed and in you're in the position to klaw hop (so you haven't landed)? I'm curious to know the frame data for it, I didn't know how to work it out due to jump frames or landing frames etc.

Top Bottom