• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
Oh well. I stated how I see things. I clearly can see that you find my views insane, and allegedly ''ridiculous''. Oh well.

What is Bowser's best advanced DI moves? Which direction aswell. That DI thread is for some odd reason hard to comprehend.

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
@ Calibur. Be rational .-.

@ JayDeth There is a thread I found that explains the rules of DI, and it's great significance. It explains each and every single move in the game, and how to DI out of it. Yet, for some odd reason I can't comprehend it. I don't even know why. :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Are you talking about Momentum Canceling? If that's the case, fair's our best move.

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
Yea, thankyou Zig. I was up for 21 hours yesterday, wasn't exactly on my coherent side when thinking of what thread I saw.

Does this apply to vertical too?

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
Thankyou. Yea, thats the guide :p

Thats the thing. I don't see the difficulty either, but for some strange reason my mind seems to not comprehend it at all. Like it complicates how things are assembled more than it should. Not sure why. It's very hard to explain. Just some simple things in life, my brain seems to just fail to understand no matter how simple it may be. Whilst, I can comprehend complex things extremely well. Just one of those moments, where you have a rather situational brain freeze. We all have it some time in our lives.

I will be quite active. I like to contribute, regardless of how quiet it may be. You guys are great :D Plus, it would be unlawful not to play as Bowser. I am known as ''Akumin Beast'' after all. :p

Random note: It's extremely hilarious going to special melee offline after making a tiny little box in your custom stage where you are trapped. Then put on only bombs, giant, flower for even more damage, three level 1 computers, invisibility, x2 speed, and fixed angle. It looks hilarious knocking the CPU's out of that tiny box by spamming moves, and see the flowers floating around and dying shortly after. Since, if you glitch through the walls, you either have to keep getting struck by the spikes I set on top (So you are forced to spawn within the box), or fall to your doom. XD

I also really find mini, x2 speed, a small level, and only bombs amusing. It's quite amusing if I do say so myself. It's just funny. Listening to Bowser's ''RUER!'' when I spam his moves. Ness sounds hilarious when he spams his recovery move. XDDDDD

Got any more wacky ideas? XD

I also like to build obstacle courses for Mario. Where you have to jump and do very hard tricks to make it to the finish line (The small platform) with only 1% stamina on x2 speed. It's really fun XD I made some incredible obstacle courses. Even some that you could go back to the start but it's x2 harder.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Hmm alright.
As far as contributing goes, that's great. But I think you already saw that this argument over mentality is going nowhere. You say something, someone else tries to prove that its not entirely true, and then you say that we don't get it. I don't think it will ever go anywhere. Instead, contributing by posting in match-up discussions, critiquing people's video's and posting video's of your own will help a lot more.
Posting a video of yourself would be a nice start, since you have been posting a lot and we have no idea how you play yet. I'll even be open to record it for you if necessary.

Here is a obstacle course you might enjoy, for Mario.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjuLccpt1jo

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
How do you record it for me? We have no way in uploading these replays without a SD card.

Which won't be getting anytime soon.

I am very aware that the ''argument'' isn't going anywhere. It's why I dropped it. What you suggested is right, but I will remain underground just for a bit more longer, so I can get my information together by fighting really good players of each character several different times to see different playstyles. I have only fought a good Pit twice, and thats because he mained a good MK, and Ike. So he knew the advanced mechanics. I've only been using Bowser for a week+ now. I need to gather more time to structure my thoughts on Bowser and what I see in matchups according to mechanics. I won't bring up my psychological perspective. It benefits me, I stand by it, and that is what matters.

Got a new avatar. I like red, it goes with my name, and my overall characteristics quite well.

What about you? (Also, that video was awesome. He uses the hacks though. I don't >: )

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If you don't have a SD Card you could send it to me over wifi. We just need to add Brawl FC"s and Wii Fc's and then you can send them to me via the replay menu. I could either get my savefile and record it with the dolphin emulator via Fraps or use use my DVD player that records to a HDD, then put it on a DVD and rip it.

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
Difference between brawl FC and Wii FC? I thought there was just one. o-o

Pretty much we just exchange the Brawl FC, since when was the Wii related to this? It has a code too?

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
I'm not very knowledgable on the technical stuff, persay. My brother is whom owns the Wii, I just play on it alot.

So I have no idea how to exchange FC's if there is more to than just exhanging the info.

Can you elaborate what exactly FC exhanges require? Aswell as the difference between those two FC's? .-.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah, people usually have their codes on their profiles/on the side of their posts.

Eternal Vires

Smash Cadet
I'm a very attentive person but yet again my mind failed me on the most simplest level.

Anyways, thankyou guys. Appreciate it alot.

When I am done being lazy (resting) after composing a really good minute of 100% raw ambience + piano + background SFX, I will update you VD :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
oh, i didn't even see your post flayl lmao. i literally skipped over it, my bad. -_-

but yeah, it's 4:6 because falco obviously can cg us, but it's up to around 50% or something like that. after the cg -> spike it becomes a little easier to manage falco. bowser can predict phantasms and has moves that trade/beat it, such as up-b, ftilt, etc.

we also have our own grab release options which are pretty deadly. for example, we have gr -> dtilt which kills pretty early, we also have an air release cg on him which can set up for gimps or at least put falco in a bad position. powershielding lasers is easy, but it does take a while to get to falco in order to force him to do something else besides laser.

meh. also double jab is weak. we don't fear that ****.

i also remember how last year gen proposed crawling and shielding towards falco...lol

the falco boards have it as 35:65 but i think they kinda underestimate bowser/haven't really played one. oh well.

Tenodera

Smash Cadet
i also remember how last year gen proposed crawling and shielding towards falco...lol
I know you ended it with a "lol", but what was crawling and shielding supposed to do? It's not like Bowser can crawl under Falco's lasers or grab or anything... can he? :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
because gen thought that bowser's forward crawl was faster than his walking speed, which it is, it's just annoying to have to constantly have your shield angled down. i haven't really done too much with it.

i end everything with a "lol", it's kinda habitual and expressionless for me.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
last time i checked it was

we're still playing brawl so i don't think it changed

and you're missing the key-word, FORWARD crawl

Flayl

Smash Hero
Something that's great about crawling in general is that it can get you easy powershields against characters with aerial approaches that are like Marth/Ike's.

Crawl towards them, tap shield when the FAir would hit bowser's head and you get a free punish.

Tomrrow I'll check Bowser's crawl speed.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
DDD GnW only.
-Bowser main
-started playing GnW as well
-Briefly considered picking up DDD too

In short, I almost transformed into a pseudo-mini-version of you, lol. :awesome:

Have you ever played DK, by any chance? He's another character I play, and that would make the comparison extra lulzy.

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
i thought serg always played this game, just as dk or something
played bowser from 08 to early 2010, luigi as second
picked up DK and second snake for the rest of the year.

im playing bowser again though, its just frustrating because we always play teams, and i play bowser...nuff said.

on a side note, i heard vex played nick riddle, how that go?

Top Bottom