• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I mean, his USmash is ridiculous..unless it's staled you won't really have a chance of living past 135% ish, and the number becomes even less when it's fresh..

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I mean, his USmash is ridiculous..unless it's staled you won't really have a chance of living past 135% ish, and the number becomes even less when it's fresh..
Oh good. So I'm not terrible if I have trouble with it that early? XD Good. Good. I'll just do my best to avoid it and not be in the air when he uses it.

Judo777

Smash Master
So whats with bowser jumping out of bowsercide is that like height dependent cause i can get it everytime off of platforms but never off the ground of BF.

I recall having done it on BF's blast zone by mashing jump as Bowser went off the screen. I tried getting the exact timing but it seemed to differ every time I did it :/.

Flayl

Smash Hero
For some reason jumping out of bowsercide simply does not work in frame-by-frame.

If you can ask someone in the smash lab why this is it'd be great.

All we know is that it's easier on smaller characters and the difficulty also varies with the stages.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
2 different hitboxes in Bowser FSmash.

As for SDI, I think it's the same as ROB/Pikachu's DSmash.

Then again, I'm not sure.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
For some reason jumping out of bowsercide simply does not work in frame-by-frame.

If you can ask someone in the smash lab why this is it'd be great.

All we know is that it's easier on smaller characters and the difficulty also varies with the stages.
I asked someone in the smashlab but he said I'd have to direct the qeustions to NL first because he discovered it. He said you'd have to press it the frame the opponent dies and that it is stage and port dependent. That doesn't solve yet why it won't work in frame advance =/

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Did we already know we could double jump after platform canceling a klaw?
Is that a rhetorical question?

Also:

When Diddy's trying to nana you to death, what's the best option after PSing a banana throw if he tries to punish the shield with a grab all the time? Up-b OOS?

I have trouble keeping tabs on him with all of his glide tossing bull. :/ Sometimes he'll come straight for my shield, and sometimes he won't. I don't need my fortress to get punished, so should I do a jab instead?

I hate not knowing this MU.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
If the banana's flying off of your shield, short hop towards it and Z-Grab or something.

If you know the Diddy is going to punish you for shield camping, aka RUN UP to you and grab your shield, why don't you just up-b as he's running to you?

if it starts to become habit, change it, mix it up. Klaw as he's coming to you, or something. Run away, jump over him...there's a lot of things you can do lol

with the glide tossing, just throw it back at him, or SHAD and catch the banana somehow. Remember, you can pick up bananas with a klaw hopped aerial or a kh'd z grab, so you don't need to be grounded, and you're also throwing out a wall of klaws while getting the banana. of course the Diddy can just run and FAir you as you're jumping but whatever

Flayl

Smash Hero
Trouble King: It's not a rhetorical question, I honestly don't remember if anybody said we could double jump again after passing a platform, I mostly just see FAir done after the fact too.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
"lazar priority"?

what the **** are you talking about

nevermind, what do you mean by whatever character bowser can't klaw

you do realize bowser's SIDE B is a universal move that is part of his moveset and can be used on any character, yes?

nevermind the fact that he has transcendant priority, you just klaw when he's not attacking or something, punish him for his mistakes with grabs, tilts, jabs depending on how far he is-hell, even dash attack if you really want to get the damage on and no move will reach

dskank

Smash Journeyman
"lazar priority"?

what the **** are you talking about

nevermind, what do you mean by whatever character bowser can't klaw

you do realize bowser's SIDE B is a universal move that is part of his moveset and can be used on any character, yes?

nevermind the fact that he has transcendant priority, you just klaw when he's not attacking or something, punish him for his mistakes with grabs, tilts, jabs depending on how far he is-hell, even dash attack if you really want to get the damage on and no move will reach
laser priority is what i call transcendent priority because it doesnt clank with any move, like falco's laser

klaw is less effective on mk then other chars though because how small a target he is and his priority beats the grab armor, does it cause idrk

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
ok well, say laser instead of lazar...lol

it doesn't beat the grab armor

i've klawed through forward and downsmashes multiple times

it honestly isn't less effective on him because klaw is a kinda important move in every MU

it practically makes bowser in brawl, as bold as that statement is; klaw is undoubtedly his best move, period.

to answer your question though, maybe it may seem less effective on paper, but i've grabbed through that **** with the right timing, so im not sure. (unless they don't have the priority)

dskank

Smash Journeyman
with the grab release infinite on wario, do u have to walk a little to get the regrab? ive been playing this match with a friend of mine recently and when i walk a little he cant get out, but if i stand there and try to grab, he can..?

Flayl

Smash Hero
To grab Wario from an air-release it has to be frame-perfect if Wario has his double-jump.

Since it's a matter of vertical distance I didn't think walking would help, but I can test it out later today.

edit: Yeah, it doesn't help at all.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
That's why we don't emphasize Bowser's grab release too much in MU discussions, especially on characters that are usually difficult to grab like MK and Dedede. We make note of what we can do out of the grab, but after that, there's not much else to say. Getting a grab off is usually your opponent's mistake for making themselves vunerable/putting themselves in that position, or not utilizing the tools that allow them to escape that situation.

gg run on sentences.

What we get out of a grab is good, but the risk/reward system isn't in our favor. It's much better and safer to use Klaw, but the grab isn't that bad that we should completely discard it.

Certainly if Bowser had...say, D3's range, he'd be better.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It only looks bad because of Bowser's size. It's actually average. The worst parts are its start-up time and lag.

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
If the banana's flying off of your shield, short hop towards it and Z-Grab or something.

If you know the Diddy is going to punish you for shield camping, aka RUN UP to you and grab your shield, why don't you just up-b as he's running to you?

if it starts to become habit, change it, mix it up. Klaw as he's coming to you, or something. Run away, jump over him...there's a lot of things you can do lol

with the glide tossing, just throw it back at him, or SHAD and catch the banana somehow. Remember, you can pick up bananas with a klaw hopped aerial or a kh'd z grab, so you don't need to be grounded, and you're also throwing out a wall of klaws while getting the banana. of course the Diddy can just run and FAir you as you're jumping but whatever
Getting the banana while it's on the ground isn't a prob for me. I already know KH'd grabs and stuff like that. It's just that whenever I fought a Diddy, they're spacing was great. Even if I PSed the nana, they were still close enough to me from the glide toss that they could grab me right away. Then again, it was Wi-Fi, lol, so I dunno if that had anything to do with my timing but, meh.

He didn't do much running or direct attacks. He just did the glide toss to get around when he was close to me. And his Fair was a pain. Hmm.

How do I beat MK???
Grab-release->Bowsercide.

Top Bottom