• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kojin's Sonic Tech Lab *taking another look at Speed's Sonic*

Browny

Smash Hater
Cool vid, but im sorry, 1:28 of a 3:12 video (or 46%) being intro/credits is completely unacceptable.

It really could have used so much more footage, it wouldnt hurt to wait a few more weeks and gets lots more footage before releasing such a short video :/

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
That's usually the problem for me, getting a ton of video for short projects like this while working on more important things. sry you didn't like it though.

I planned on making it longer, by a ton, with additional characters, so I'll do more than one next time. there will be more...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Wow! Sonic's got some new tricks in the latest version. So I dont' feel so bad.

in other news, I opened up a home page for some of my work! Some of you may not know this, but I'm about to leave college in hopes of becoming a character designer, but I still wanna have some fun with this.

please visit http://kojinsagaraproductions.webs.com/ and sign in the guestbook! I may also post updates to new vids there as well. thx.

PS: It's not gonna be too fancy for a while, im not that good with code lol

Lastly: please discuss whether or not it is appropriate to discuss Brawl minus mechanics, combos, etc for Sonic in here now seeing as for the most part Sonic's game is fully realized. Speaking of which, I WILL be posting a style analysis soon, and will want to look more closely at how certain players make the most most of the spin dash specials...

Stay focuesd!

Tenki

Smash Hero
I played Sonic minus for the first time yesterday (I guess it's the current build).

His gameplay is really weird - it's not very dash-based, or at least, the buffs don't seem to be.

U-smash > HA lol
D-smash > D-smash > D-smash > D-smash > D-smash > D-smash > D-smash > ...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
See, if it was the beta Sonic-, you'd love it more.

It's just ICs grab + Sonic's ground speed.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
This version of sonic has all the limiters off in terms of mobility, all movement possibilites are fully possible now, and hes faster at them. This to me is the most important thing to get used to and master in minus. I so far can freestyle a lot of little combos here and there, but to be honest i still rep the hit and run style, it is too effective, since the opponent has even less time to react and ALMOST ALWAYS will broadcast moves in advance in hopes of hitting you as you approach them. The spins almost take a back seat for awhile in terms of faking out and stuff, but add that part of the game after you get used to darting in and out controllably and its really gay.

Dash Attack is a better tool to punish with in this game, because if it hits, it starts a combo. It if doesn't it seems to put sonic in a situation where there is little chance of retaliation. once you get the hit every move seems viable in maintaining a combo, but until I get a hard copy of this game I cant record reliable combos yet. oh but I will.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic's Dsmash is basically a wavedash now lol.

Run, D-smash, cancel while moving backwards or D-smash more.
also, I'm lazy and I want to know where the page is that lists changes for B+ and B- versions of characters

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
When I get a chance I'll post my thoughts on how you can play this version of sonic in terms of how to set stuff, i'm not home right now though...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
heres how you play sonic in brawl -

grab. up throw, up air as many times as possible

dash attack when you have openings.

space bairs.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Isaid I wanted to have some semi serious discussion on Brawl Minus Sonic, so... this portion is taken from a thread i started on the this thread

I’ll start off with what I know, and as this thread gets developed we can make this page better. If you have ideas/combos/strategies, let it be known here.
(If possible, if someone can get me unstaled damage values for moves or certain combos that would be nice)

Brawl Minus Sonic

Movement: Sonics strongest point is his mobility, and this has increased dramatically, in the air and ground. This change usually makes it unnecessary usually to roll to avoid attacks, when simply running away avoids a lot better. This also makes it more easy to follow up on attacks, or make it really hard for opponents to put you in most bad situations. Dash dancing quickly in varying strides in a melee-esque style is very effective for Sonic, and on many stages makes it very annoying to pin down.

Recovery: because Sonic’s recovery was great already, there is no significant change, but spring is still a decent combo interrupter as it now spikes a bit ( though too many characters can go through them with specials, so it’s not that great) , and Homing attack is a bit safer to try since it has less ending lag.

Most Significant / Important changes:

1: Homing Attack is a bit better IMO. It has less ending lag on it, and can be cancelled from your Upsmash, meaning it’s a “target combo.” This will always work. Its more legit as a way to hit players off stage due to hitstun.

2: Down Smash can be cancelled into any move which helps in mindgames, Sonic’s forte. Its good because you can almost always get something good at it now. On block, you can cancel into a running grab, or retreat, or another attack. Make sure you tilt the control stick if you wish to cancel into a tilt, and you will have to buffer a running dash if you want to run out of it, but that means Sonic can cancel a hit Down Smash, follow his stunned opponent and follow up. The sweetspot, the third hit of the smash, is very powerful and has even more knockback, meaning a spotdodge happy opponent is taking a big risk doing it. And you can still cancel afterwards and follow up. Remember that you can crouch cancel in this game, which means even if you dash out of Dsmash, you can crouch cancel into any dashing tilt or Smash, though you’ll have to practice to get it down.

3: Up Smash can only be cancelled into Homing Attack, which makes it safer to use if blocked, as it gives you a way to prevent punishment, and gives you a combo that gives you an additional followup afterward. Experiment with different timings to cancel it, and you’ll see possible guaranteed setups, as well as okizeme opportunities.
Example: you can Di an ASC (Aerial Spin Charge) as your opponent recovers and get it to hit in certain situations. At certain percents, you can bair after this, land, and follow up with this target combo again. The damage is absurd, and you could still follow up.

4: Dash Attack has enough hitstun to be chained into and makes for an annoying way for people to deal with, since its oringal purpose was to be a punisher, this is an ideal combo opener. This move was severely toned down, but although it does less damage, not only dash Attack is still to be a strong shield pressure tool, as well as a legit KO combo at high percents: Dash Attack into Bair. I believe you can go into your dash sooner at this move, so if you wish to play it safe, you can DA and run away before the opponent can punish you.

Due to these moves improvements, you are not want to be in your shield blocking these moves due to their decrease in ending lag, increase in shield lag, and his ability to cancel them. The sweetspot of the D smash makes spotdodgers pay though and with since sonic is even faster, fighting sonic in brawl minus may end up being an even bigger camp fest for your opponent, since killing is still an issue (though not as much) and many moves can still out prioritize Sonic. Sonic is still a punisher, but he can punish anything in this game and now combo off of it for lots of damage, while limiting his opponent’s ability to do the same to him. Projectile users however will give him the most trouble, since many characters have had their projectiles buffed, can combo off of them, and limit sonic’s ground game, though he is still mobile in the air.

Pit, Pikachu, and Mario are good example of characters that can make it very hard to get it in for sonic with projectiles. Sonic can get around it but a mistake will be costly. Usually. Oddly enough, Kirby with the Sonic attack is a matchup you don’t want in many cases because he becomes harder to punish, at least when I played Chudat it felt that way lol.

Note: Moves that will need to be cancelled will have a “C” after the move, so that now we have some new acronyms to use.

Down Smash Cancel: DSC
Down Smash SweetSpot ( the 3rd hit that deals more damage and knockback): DS3
UpSmash Cancelled into Homing Attack: USHA

The Throws can be treated the same way as before, except that you have more chances to combo off of them, so I won’t go into detail yet, since I have been more focused on his attacks. I will say that though most people will try to string a bunch of upairs from moves like upthrow, it is better IMO to keep them as close to the ground as possible, and you can miss out on damage sending them to the top immediately. I would try to add more USHA to your combos, since it pops sonic upwards, and then if you wish, upair them.

Some Simple Combos:
Dash Attack > Bair (good kill setup at high percents)
Up Smash > Homing Attack (USHA: target combo; possible follow up afterwards)
Dash Attack > Dash Attack (best at low percents, and helps set up more afterwards)
Down Smash Cancel > anything (very dependant on percentage and weight though, safest option is to Up Smash)
Up Throw > Up Air ( classic combo is more viable in brawl minus, but at low percents many moves are possible)

Feel free to discuss anything new you have learned as the game develops. I hope to post small vids showing things sonic can do too. I hope you guys are enjoying Minus Sonic like I am, and I’m very interested in what different people have learned.

Minus Steak.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because of the hitstun, and the fact that they gave sonic, ZSSs double jump. up throw to up air to up air to spring up air, is a kill combo at like 50-60 at the earliest.

and I demand that you name the up smash homing attack after an usher song due to the acronym being USHA. I suggest calling it the OMG combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RnPB76mjxI

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I plan on uploading a few short videos of what me trying to figure stuff out in Brawl Minus with Sonic and other characters this weekend. some are against computers but that shouldn't matter. Sonic can do some stupid stuff, and i got a chance to really look at his run speed and his jump height last night.

Metaknight is still really gay. Drill rush is legit.

Edit: so, um, got some vids up, some of me practicing things, and some actual matches. if you want, comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWQPwgxzcas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJmud_PgfE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWNDwWHdKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5lGmCG9TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oTwnMBWwuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pERLb7tAPVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBB9CR-RmMg

Minus Steak.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
sigh... finals are for the most part done now. I have more time to practice Sonic and my other characters.

Good job to all the sonic's that went to MLG, we'll do better next time. As for me, I need to get my stuff together before i go to any big tourneys again, I'll try to go to Apex but that is not garenteed at all. I intend to go Meta tho, switching to Sonic, DDD, and Kirby when needed.

In Sonic's case, I'm going to reevaluate what really sonic needs to go for in the course of an 8 minute match. Sorry, but IMO, even as a sonic you should not except that you should be forced to be the agressor all match. It is mentally taxing, unless you are a special player in that regard, and it makes the opponent more comfortable because many of these characters can do one move and be relatively safe. I want to look at combos that are garenteed first, starting with the spin dash combos, and talk about something I haven't talked about, which is where the opponent and Sonic are placed afterward, and what you should generally do afterward to apply pressure, even if you get no real damage from it afterward.

I don't like the idea of letting the opponent stay on the opposite side of the field mind you, but sometimes I feel like you have to let them do it. The match is 8 minutes long. There is not player to date that has successfully camped for 8 minutes without taking damage. There will be a period of aggression. The one thing sonic can do is make it appear that he is begin aggressve for longer periods of time, when he in reality may have no intention of attacking. Understand that every character has a set of movements that FEIGN AGGRESSION, even while using attacks they are not attacking you in reality. What you are intending to do in thi situation in a nutshell, is to test the opponent's patience. Most all players can't handle mentally the process of sonic spining in an area where they can't react to the speed of an actual attack, but at the same time can't hit him without MOVING FORWARD. IMO, that's the goal all along. make them move when they aren't composed enough yet. Even if it sometimes results in them escapign or dealing some damgage, i feel that over the coarse of the match you have placed in thier minds the feeling that they can't really run from you, which tends to force more agressive actions. being in the lead accentuates this feeling.

I know this is theory crafting for the most part, But I have seen it in practice, even if people don't say it the way I do. Sonics are aware of the field control over players, even if the character has superior offensive moves, usually. So I plan to show basic combos, the damage, the placement of opponents and sonic and low, mid and high percents, as well as the weights of those characters. i think this will help know what mindgames and set ups to bother going for, and make it understand what opponents will do to stop them. This means well be ahead of our opponents actions more consistantly. This will mean that I will have to search and look for the characters in question so i can properly determine what they can and what they usually will do to stop you.

If i can get suggestions on what light, mid, and heavy wieght characters to use that would be great. I was only going to do them at FD, but now I think I 'do it on BF as well, to give examples of platforms and non platfom stages to show better the positioning.

wish me luck.

PS: by the way, visit and show support my online page, which right now holds my gallery of artwork. the page is still under construction, but still take a look. steak.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Kojin... I'd like to help work on an advanced Sonic strategy discussion/vid.

Maybe help a player or two improve their skills in time for the next MLG event, lol. I just got my computer repaired and within the next week or so I'd like to put together some stuff. I also think the basic guide needs to be revisited. Mainly for the same purpose and to fix the fact that all the pictures went away.

Questions for the Sawnik boards:

1) What are some bad habits you wish you didn't pick up?

2) Uair or nair?

3) Utilt much?

4) What's a practical use for reverse side B > Shield Cancel?

5) What "tricks" do you use for getting that KO? (e.g. run past > fsmash the spot dodge/shield dropping opponent)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I wouldn't mind that. if we can get images to go with it that would be awesome. my AIM is KojinSagara so we can discuss it more there when you can. I like your questions, I think I'll answer them too. because i need to work on things.

I have a tendancy to overthink during the corse of a match. It's because I've spent a lot of time playing other characters in order to learn the matchup, as well as analyzing the best players of certain characters. Even if i can't say numbers, my strength has always been to decode player tendancies in that way. but, no one really plays like that way all the time. even a good metaknight won't play the same like M2K. but that expectation of certain patterns and the expectation of mindgames I expect to see, can throw my own game off. For example, I used to get hit to often by Meta's D Smash, simply because I gave too much credit to my opponent, saying, " they did the move 6 times, they are going to go for a mix up grab" only to get hit with another Dsmash. It helps to be analytical, and it seems to help the most when im giving advice to speed in cetain sets if we happen to be at the same tourney, but I think in need to find a way to make it more instinctive.

2) Uair or nair?

Up air is my favorite aerial. I have a tendancy to use Sonic's Upair as a crossup move, where I aim the first hit in front of them, and land with the second hit behind them. then I hope to pressure from behind. I love to juggle with it too. I have tried to add nair more in matches, mostly as a " get off me" kind of move. not sure if its working...

3) Utilt much?

I try to do it after falling upairs, if the opponent is airdodging my way. if the upair hits, good. but if they AD thru, i hope to hit them with the up tilt afterward. Up throw into uptilt is legit, so i need to use that more.

I see Speed do this a lot, and before that, tenki did it way back in the day. I never really made it a part of my game, I try to be a jack of all trades. But it really messes with people's spacing, when you dash behind them with that. Since running behind opponent's with Sonic for some dumb reason also works, i can see usefulness in that tactic. I'm suprised I don't do this, even though I know I can.

5) What "tricks" do you use for getting that KO? (e.g. run past > fsmash the spot dodge/shield dropping opponent)

I depend mostly on my edgegaurding for kills as Sonic. stage spikes, HA offstage, and similar chases offstage. I used to do a bunch of run behind F smashes, but not so much. Its still a part of my game tho. Nowadays I'm more patient with kills, confident that I can do things once get them offstage. I'm very "unconventional" when it comes to kills in the end though.

I have to do a lot of cleaning up in this thread. I'm really lazy about this tho. hopefully the lab will be up and running better in the next few months...

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

Maybe help a player or two improve their skills in time for the next MLG event, lol. I just got my computer repaired and within the next week or so I'd like to put together some stuff. I also think the basic guide needs to be revisited. Mainly for the same purpose and to fix the fact that all the pictures went away.

2) Uair or nair?

3) Utilt much?

Uh...i dunno about number one. I cant really point out my bad habits because i have so many. Maybe Kojin knows?

2) I have a special use for Nair...i dont wanna disclose the info yet because im not 100% sure that it'll work. i've been doing it for a while, and its proven to be quite useful. I use Uair just for random shuairs lol. For whatever reason, people start to panic or something. Also, the conventional uair OoS, and i use it to juggle. (Dun we all?)

3) Utilt. <3
I just like using this move. i'd sometimes throw it out randomly when i see an opening, or i would use it on a stage like BF with the platforms. I score ALOT of kills with utilt that its not funny. I call it the Snaketilt yus.

4) I reverse side b. i dont cancel it, i just reverse side B. if im going to shield cancel, i'll just do it regularly...

5) See, im reaaaalllllllyyyy patient. Or thats what people tell me...i think im too aggro at times. But like Vex told me, i have 8 minutes. Opponents tend to get frustrated when I feint approaches or just run away from them. They leave themselves open, or i create one and can mixup some pretty nifty kills.

Hope this answers your questions a little...as i tell everyone, i play so...weirdly. :S

I see Speed do this a lot, and before that, tenki did it way back in the day. I never really made it a part of my game, I try to be a jack of all trades. But it really messes with people's spacing, when you dash behind them with that. Since running behind opponent's with Sonic for some dumb reason also works, i can see usefulness in that tactic. I'm suprised I don't do this, even though I know I can.
as i said above, i just do the reverse side b. i dont cancel it at all. If im gonna spindash cancel, i'll just do it regularly.

Kojin, MD/VA has a pretty good understanding of my sonic, which is very campy apparently. i try to go aggro at certain points once i wait to find a good opening. But im sure that your style of Sonic can rattle them pretty good, just get to some events. Shado too. And Bio if he still uses Sonic in that sense.

Tenki

Smash Hero

2) Uair or nair?

3) Utilt much?

1) SDR (hit shield) > aerial
Running up to someone and shielding
Running to someone on the edge and instantly charge Fsmash backwards (lol)
Trying to shield everything

2) IMO U-air should be used alot more than it is. But personally, I probably use N-air more than U-air. Weak N-air > D-tilt/grab.
I was playing a round with my friend and on SV's moving platform, pulled Weak N-air > jab1 [x3, 'jab lock'] > charge Fsmash. It was really fancy/lucky, since the platform literally got to the edge while I was doing the jab lock.

Also, if not F-air, I sometimes follow SDR with N-air.

3) Sometimes I use it often, sometimes I don't.

4) Pivot grabs. If someone spotdodges, Sonic tends to either run too far or pivot grabs too early, so a reverse SDSC slows it down enough.

Though recently, I've just been going straight for side-B > footstools XD

5)
[150%+] > SDR > fresh(er) B-air
Run past > Fsmash
Foxtrot (x2-3) > Fsmash a spotdodge
Bait Fsmash > retreating stutter step™
retreating (short) Foxtrot > Fsmash

Also, running / foxtrotting at someone and charging a reverse Fsmash. <- mentioned this as a bad habit lol

I have this one terrible friend who invited me over to play too often last year, and he'd literally camp on the edge, then roll across the stage if you got too close. With D3.

-_-

I did notice though that when I played wifi, I used much more of a diverse kill/moveset. I mean I listed a bunch I've used recently, but the most common is still a run behind/foxtrot Fsmash or overkill SDR>B-air.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
nothin particulaly important or new, if that's what you are asking.

need to organize the first page though.

SonicMaster5/Speed analysis.
(i'm going to only look at very recent matches for this one)

Overview: we know about this guy. top 5 sonic out there, strong basics, got all the tricks, knows a lot of matchups and when he doesn't plays it safe. One of the players whose "campy" style bothered people a lot at md/va.

The Good, bad, and ugly:
Speed has a developed defensive mindset that works well against the majority of characters sonic has to play against. characters like peach, wario and the like have a good defensive game, or are able to minimize damage from mistakes and therefor live a long time. matchups like these in the end require the sonic to play long drawn out matches, lookign for openings that are few and far in between. the last thing you want is to give a character like that a percentage lead, because then you almost make it impossible to win without taking huge risks.

Sonic can play defensively by using his movemtns to avoid anything remotely negative for him, and can coax opponents to chase him, which puts them into a position to be punished by sonic. Speed does this relatively well in many matches. I think the hardest part about a sonic player using this strategy is that it goes against what they would really like to do: spin dashes, run in grabs, and the like. when he has the lead, speed becomes very hard to beat, and his placement of spins, thier fakes and pivot grabs are enough to keep the momentum on his side. when hes in control of a match, his rushes become more precise and less constant.

He has a unique set of tricks he like to employ thorughout the matches and it works probably because it works well with his style, and because he doesn't really spam them. ASC tricks from behind and reverse sideB work to get opponents to not block, and his ASC's always take a chunk of shield off on block, which shows he looks to hold forward often.

Edgegaurding is legit too, and he uses ASC to make sonic look like offstage pressure, only to let sonic get back on stage while the opponent already responded. I like how he uses ASC in matches not as a method of attack, but as a way to alter his momentum to get back to the ground, similar to how snake uses b-reversed nades to alter his trajectory and prevent followups as he falls to the stage. :) he does it with b-reversed HA too, but its more risky due to the ending lag, so i'd like to see him not use it as much.

watch this match.

This is a matchup where sonic just has to take what the opponent gives him. Often times the opposing players strategy is to wait for the sonic to come, punish, and repeat, with little intention to go in unless the sonic does something really stupid, like charge fsmashes for no reason. He reads the opening, and racks up 60% in 30 seconds. notice that afterwards even though the wario is behind, he doesn't chase after speed immediately, because that could lead to another opening and add another 60% possibly. Speed at this time is conscious of the % advantage and slowly picks him apart until at 6:28, its 41% to 141%. and even then the wario had no intention of going in recklessly.

when you don't really want to run into **** from long range, and you have a huge lead like that, its a good idea to start spindash canceling to keep them on thier toes. whichspeed does. when the player decided to go in, he ran away, and did it again. great idea since it creates frustration and creates a pattern that he can change easily and punish before opponents can react.

Once the waft got wasted, Speed now has full advantage in %, position (wario falling down from waft with sonic below) and time. now that the waft is not a concern for at least another 1:30.

then things get messed up here. he kills at 194%, but now he is 86%. this happened because he started to get a little overzealous. you can tell because he started hunting for spring upairs, despite the fact that wario could simply dair him out of any follow up usually, and that he wasn't even in range. he also tried badly placed uptilts. yes if they hit they would kill, but in this matchup the lag uptilt is not something you want to just give to a wario. plus they weren't even spaced right, so they weren't gonna work anyway. after the second failed spring>upair attempt he gets baired, bitten, and wario got an edgegaurd attempt on a sonic at 66% in a matter of seconds. that's warios game, which wouldn't have happened if speed stayed on the ground and punished his landing, or took more time off the clock. be gets baired and grabbed off of a faulty uptilt basically, and what was a massive lead now becomes a situation where warios moves are fresh, and could reset all of that advantage with one kill move. 41% doesn't get sonic killed by any of warios moves onstage, but at 86% he can be. even the move that speed used to take the first stock, an ASC flying at a wario charging and Fsmash because he SAW THE MOVE COMING was too risky for words.

When speed is in the lead, he's a monster. when he is under pressure, he sometimes falls apart too easily, especially when you knock him offstage. Just as the wario in the match planned his moves carefully, even when he was behind in the beginning, speed needs to milk that percentage for all its worth, and not get too preoccupied with the fact that his opponent could die right now IF he lands an uptilt or random charged F smash. if you are going to play this super defensive style against that type of player than stick with it thorugh and through, no matter what.

Interms of how well speed does in matches, i'd say he is worst on the second stocks of his matches. He starts very strong at the start, and he finishes well too. but after he gets that first kill or gets close to it percentage wise, he gets the most aggressive and that usually lets the opponent make up ground. Then when it becomes obvious that hes losing ground he shapes up usually on the last stock, intent on not letting it happen again. I'd say to be even more focused of playing defensive on the second stock, and if they are one hit from killing you, make them earn it for as long as possible, to burn that clock, and force haphazard play.

Know the matchups that you absolutely have to play 100% defense, and make them chase you for that percentage opening, because once you give that up, it becomes twice as hard to get it back especially when the opponent sees how you were playing up to that point.

Good luck Speed. you're not as bad as you think. lrn to focus for 8 minutes

Style type: Camper/Air/Punish

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
hmm...i see. So basically, i should go defensive in the MU's that require it, and not go defensive all the time?

Interesting point about the whole second stock thing. Yeah, i should tighten up that defense. >_<
i've read everything, but im gonna keep reading this...thanks Kojin!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
if youre gonna do this whole defensive mindset thing, dont abandon it just because people realize it, or because you made a mistake and they flustered you a bit. as of now, your decision making on when to attack or when not to is top notch. its usually when you try to go for kills when your decisions looks suspect, and even then its not that often so dont take it like im saying you suck at killing. just put even more patience into killing. if the opponent gives you the opportunity to kill, then take it. if they are playing safe as to not give it to you that quickly, then just wait until they do, no matter how long that takes.

because matches have a time limit, they can't run and play safe forever if they are behind by a significant margin. remember that if youre gonna be this defensive sonic everyones talking about.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Top Bottom