• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knights of the Drowned Kingdom [HQ]

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Wow, you did spell Kingdom wrong....(BTW: Hey PDOT remember me? From that Anti-WW Link thread?)

Wait whaa? What's the OP? I thought I was part of the Order of Red Lions, the ORL?

Also I can't wait to get Brawl. Getting my Wii will be sort of weird though...
The first thing I'm gonna do is get Toon Link tho hahaha (coz you can get him in Classic by using Link right? I need a video confirmation on that)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wow, you did spell Kingdom wrong....(BTW: Hey PDOT remember me? From that Anti-WW Link thread?)

Wait whaa? What's the OP? I thought I was part of the Order of Red Lions, the ORL?

Also I can't wait to get Brawl. Getting my Wii will be sort of weird though...
The first thing I'm gonna do is get Toon Link tho hahaha (coz you can get him in Classic by using Link right? I need a video confirmation on that)
Umm....you are....do you not see your name under the ORL?

EDIT: I'm adding an update to the OP. Check it out.

OP is "Original Thread". Hope you noticed the update too.
OOH!!! Original "thread" or original "post"? hahaha jkjk
I know what you mean now.

I'm sure it'll be fun, but I don't really know if I'll be able to play Brawl right when I get it (which will maybe be around next Friday), so maybe I'll post my experience late o_O

Off Topic (I guess): The update on the Dojo kinda confused me a little...why were all those characters there (Knuckles, Blaze0, Krystal etc)? I know some of them were AT's (Isaac and Shadow), but what were the other ones? Were they AT's too?

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
He wants us to, after two weeks of playing brawl as toon link, to write a brief synopsis of what we think, so he knows where we're all at.

Off-topic: 27hours left! (where I'm at.)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
He wants us to, after two weeks of playing brawl as toon link, to write a brief synopsis of what we think, so he knows where we're all at.
That is exactly what I want. I think this would be the easiest way to formulate a basic compilation of Toon Link, inside and out, as quickly and efficiently as possible. No one better to make the guide to Toon Link than the Toon Link Clan, am I right? :)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

Off-topic: 27hours left! (where I'm at.)
Okay. 16 hours where I am. Well, 15 and a half.

That is exactly what I want. I think this would be the easiest way to formulate a basic compilation of Toon Link, inside and out, as quickly and efficiently as possible. No one better to make the guide to Toon Link than the Toon Link Clan, am I right? :)
Okay, cool. I already have some advice: n00b spam the bair!

Right!

10toonlink
...huh? What's "10toonlink" mean?

Niko90

Smash Cadet
...huh? What's "10toonlink" mean?

As opposed to "10char." There are a minimum amount of characters(letters) you have to have in a post, in this forum's case, 10. Usually people put "10char" after when they say something like "Ok" or "Lol" or "Right!."

12 hours left..

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
As opposed to "10char." There are a minimum amount of characters(letters) you have to have in a post, in this forum's case, 10. Usually people put "10char" after when they say something like "Ok" or "Lol" or "Right!."

12 hours left..
14.5 for me.

Hey, did you guys hear about the possibility of Toon Link being banned at tourneys?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Why ban anyone, is the question. The answer is, TL is simply even brokener than Marth, Sheik, and Fox.
That is absurd. There's no way a character will be better than Melee Fox (proportional to each game of course). Fox had ZERO con's, and they're saying they want to ban a character before the game is even out?!? I don't agree with this.

Even if they do, there's going to be tournaments made that have a special advertisement saying "Toon Link allowed!"

You can't ban a character. Might as well ban the game.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
That is absurd. There's no way a character will be better than Melee Fox (proportional to each game of course). Fox had ZERO con's, and they're saying they want to ban a character before the game is even out?!? I don't agree with this.

Even if they do, there's going to be tournaments made that have a special advertisement saying "Toon Link allowed!"

You can't ban a character. Might as well ban the game.
Would you like me to give you the reasons X-x-Dyce-x-X gave me?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Of course. Why didn't you post them in the first place?
I'm very interested in hearing said reasons.
All right, I'm just gonna post the entire conversation (relating to this, of course).

Here it is...

me: Toon Link: Bad@ss, he is.
kornwarrior2k7: he is a crazy mofo
did you hear the talk about him possibly being the first ever tournament banned character?
hes TOO good
me: What?!?!?!?!?!? THEY CAN'T BAN HIM!
kornwarrior2k7: it might happen
huge hitboxes
me: I mean, they didn't ban Marth or anyone else in Melee!
kornwarrior2k7: crazy knockback on a lot of moves
all spammable projectiles
me: Right?
kornwarrior2k7: its different
tlink doesnt have many holes
me: But...but...how would you feel if they banned SONIC?
kornwarrior2k7: id be pissed
really pissed
(but lucky for me...) ^_^
me: Exactly! He's the only character I wanted in more than Sonic, and not being able to play as him would piss me off so bad!
kornwarrior2k7: plus tlink is one of the fastest runners/attackers
hes just that good
me: Hello? Sonic? A.k.a. FAST?!?
kornwarrior2k7: i gotta pull some money out of hte bank
me: Well, d@mn!
kornwarrior2k7: yea but his hitboxes arent HUGE
and he doesnt have as many killers
tlink can 0-death combo easily
in more ways than one
tlink can short hop double arrow
his recovery is nuts
*in comparison to his melee recovery
me: Now I'll look like everyone else for playing him. I liked being a low-tier player. It set me apart from everyone else, who played Marth or Sheik or Luigi or whatever. I don't wanna look like one of the guys who only plays the best!
kornwarrior2k7: luigi?
lol no one plays as luigi
me: Well...he was banned at both the tourneys I went to.
kornwarrior2k7: and i think less people will probably main him this time, now that wding is gone
WAHHHHHT!?
why?
me: "On account of Luigi wins tournaments."
kornwarrior2k7: pfffft
me: LOL
kornwarrior2k7: that host is an idiot
But seriously, banning characters just isn't right!
kornwarrior2k7: luigi is only mid-tier first of all
i know
but if theyre that good
imagine if super sonic or gigabowser were pickable characters
But...ah, d@mn it.
kornwarrior2k7: yep
youre maining a top tier
but i wont judge you
i know youve been dedicated
me: NO ONE will ever be banned at one of my tourneys. EVER.
kornwarrior2k7: BEFORE the fact
haha good
me: Man, it took SKILL to main YL! It took skill to know what you're doing with him! I was one of the people who had that skill. Now everyone's gonna main the character because he takes very little skill to learn. And because he's great.
I should go Triforce Slash the people who are even considering banning him. And it'll be the cartoony version, too!

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Man, I don't wanna be seen as someone who picks him just for tier position. Hopefully I'll be an established TLink main before the hype explodes. And that's what this thread is for.

...And should our current objective be campaign against his possible banning?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It should be, but where would we go to protest? The problem is that it's not even being officially discussed in any structural manner. As far as I can tell. If you can think of any ways to go against it, being as it's still just a rumor, be my guest to suggest.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
It should be, but where would we go to protest? The problem is that it's not even being officially discussed in any structural manner. As far as I can tell. If you can think of any ways to go against it, being as it's still just a rumor, be my guest to suggest.
Dyce says he heard it from Rhyme, who's "pretty in the know about the competetive Smash scene."
Someone should talk to Rhyme.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I just got one of the first retail copies in the Midwest, and me and my bro are gonna get through subspace, then I'll see where I am w/ toonlink, so might not post for a while.

Banning Toon Link=FEAR

That's really stupid to ban any character. It's like Fox(but everyone's said that already).

It's cool that were playing a Top Tier, but I really did like playing Low Tier. I liked people being surprised they got their a** kicked by one...
I hope we get the most recognition that we were dedicated to him since the beginning...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Toon Link might be so powerful they want to ban him... how who would've seen that one coming.
I think it's next to impossible that they WILL ban him... after all, he can't be nearly as ridiculous as Fox, as it has been said...

To be honest, I hope he gets nerfed gretly. I don't want him to become the new Fox. I can't really explain it, but it doesn't go together in my head. If Marth, Spacies, maybe even Pikachu or Kirby or the old Link were the new top tiers, I could be annoyed at them and deal with seeing them all the time in combo videos and everywhere else, but seeing Toon Link in that position just doesn't seem... right.

Toon Link might be so powerful they want to ban him... how who would've seen that one coming.
I think it's next to impossible that they WILL ban him... after all, he can't be nearly as ridiculous as Fox, as it has been said...

To be honest, I hope he gets nerfed gretly. I don't want him to become the new Fox. I can't really explain it, but it doesn't go together in my head. If Marth, Spacies, maybe even Pikachu or Kirby or the old Link were the new top tiers, I could be annoyed at them and deal with seeing them all the time in combo videos and everywhere else, but seeing Toon Link in that position just doesn't seem... right.
Exactly my thoughts. Well in different words at least. It's not that I loved seeing YLink being looked down in Melee, but I loved the WTF factor I brought out after pwning da sh** out of some people (esp with the Fire Spike). I do hope he's not the new Fox, but if he is I'll just have to get used to the fact that I'll pwn a hell of a lot more people...but then again a hell of a lot more people will choose him too...

Ah, everyone's gonna be saying how great (possibly crappy as some people say) Brawl is, while I have to wait next Saturday...well at least on Friday I get my Wii XD
I guess this means I can't mess around and just finish Twilight Princess now...then Tales of Symphonia after. At the same time, I'll be playing Brawl hahaha
As a treat for me before I actually get the game, I have to punish some n00bs in Melee at my school who think they're better than me because I got UpB'd so many times...I'll try not to hold back hahahaha (as an afterthought, I hope they bring Brawl to school too XD )

Have fun playing Brawl a week ahead of me guys. Promise my Friend Code will show up soon!

Clink

Smash Cadet
Well, Got my hands on Brawl and spent the last two days just none-stop playin' and going through SSE to get TL! i've gotten him and as I susptected...he's just awesome!.....pear Awesome! My Brawl Friend code is now posted as well. If you would like to add me, go ahead. Competing may be different due to the incredible lag. but if you want to try, why not try! Go ahead and add me! i'm lookin' foward to the future of TL's success.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
I sometimes feel like a noobcake when winning. I mean, like using Lil' Link - The best char in the game just beaucause.. he's easy to use and he's awesome. >_>

Top Bottom