• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KneeBash: SW Indiana MELEE Crew. Combo Video on Youtube ('09 and Early '10 Clips)

darkatma

Smash Hero
amba:
work on peach basics. learn her priority and how fast her moves come out. use less double jump and less float for now, because you're not using them right. also watch some macD/armada/as well as some Cort/Vidjo2006/and maybe mikeG. No Xif though, he plays really dumb

peef:
i think evansville tried to learn tech skill before the basics or something. To prove my point, you lost a bunch to mentok (the peach player here), who has almost no tech skill but knows how his character works very well. So I'd suggest trying to play games with the climbers without grab combos for a while, so you can see how they work outside of just shielding and waiting for a grab. Work on your approaches, the only two I saw were an ice block desynch to grab, and a blizzard desych to grab. There are other things that you can do besides grabbing.

tl;dr :
tech skill bar
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
knowledge of basic game mechanics bar
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
choking bar (inconsistency)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

same with biz, tell him he has tech skill, but it always looks like he doesn't know what move to do at what time. And then he ends up SDing a bunch. So just tone down the tech, work on understanding what each move does and when to do it =improvement

Lixivium

Smash Champion
PEEF is really good at chaingrabs (better than I'll ever be)

And pretty bad at everything else

So here's my advice:

1) Don't sit in your shield - believe me, I used to do this a lot and it works pretty well against bad players, but you gotta fight the urge. Every (good) character has approaches that are unpunishable out of shield. Even characters like Pikachu can just run up and grab and separate the two of you and then you're screwed :(.

2) Move around. IC's have the 2nd best wavedash in the game, use it. Wavedashing is how you get under characters that are weak there (Fox Marth Peach Sheik). If you stand still it makes it too easy for people to approach without getting punished, that is, people who can actually space unlike me.

3) Against some characters (Fox Falco Falcon) you're going to have to go the air eventually. Up-air has tremendous priority and damage and makes a pretty good approach sometimes. B-air is good too especially when autocancelled. Especially when you have both IC's.

4) For God's sake, stop F-B'ing back on stage every time. Better players than I will kill you every time you do it.

Most of St. Louis either knows how to play against IC's, or don't have to (those that play Peach). I'm not sure how good the rest of Evansville is, but you guys shouldn't lose to PEEF like ever if you just knew the matchup a little better.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
i think evansville tried to learn tech skill before the basics or something.
Yes, I think that might be a good possibilty actually. I don't really remember ever actuall trying to learn all the basics of the game. I just remember watching videos and trying to mimic what I saw. Lol

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Thanks for the impromptu slam session guys, I'll take your advice.

I'm not sure how good the rest of Evansville is,
Really bad. Reneblade is near my level. CJ is lurkin. Biz...can see it with a good pair of glasses. Shonic catches a glimpse every now and then.

but you guys shouldn't lose to PEEF like ever if you just knew the matchup a little better.
lol that's more than a little harsh, considering I did beat some of your other characters and you are better than anyone in E-ville, and I also took some legit matches off atma's fastfallers. You just made me sound like "that kid" that is really bad and shouldn't ever win but does for some reason =/ Remember, I have been playing this char for 6 weeks, so I dun know what to do besides t3h grab combewz. I'll get better I promise!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lol that's more than a little harsh, considering I did beat some of your other characters and you are better than anyone in E-ville, and I also took some legit matches off atma's fastfallers. You just made me sound like "that kid" that is really bad and shouldn't ever win but does for some reason =/ Remember, I have been playing this char for 6 weeks, so I dun know what to do besides t3h grab combewz. I'll get better I promise!
Tough love, son. Beating my other characters is nothing to brag about because they are turrible (I wasn't even L-cancelling with Falco or Falcon). But you see how even Game & Watch can beat your IC's by doing the right things.

You're too enamored with chaingrabs; they are cool looking no doubt but I could see you were messing them up during actual matches (as I often do). Not to mention I'm personally bad at DI'ing, teching, or mashing out.

If you want to consistently beat people even of St. Louis' level you gotta up the rest of your game. Get on it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
His matches with Kira are great instructions.

Yeah, I was thinking about re-uploading that segment with some title like "Fly's Popo teaches you how to combo Jigglypuff"

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I had to go back to the hospital again last night. Turns out I actually have multiple fractures in my foot. I'm all unable to walk and ****. It's unfortunate. But at least I don't have to work and I can sit around and play my video games and shiz. :D If you don't know what happened, go look at my notes on facebook.

Dart

Smash Lord
wiggins who are you on facebook? im afraid i don't have you added and it doesn't exactly say wiggins anywhere on facebook XD

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Reneblade, start a "get wiggins to Indiana for poe3 and his birthday on June 20th because that would be 222good" fund. :)

Also, double post because I just got done sh itting all over a small child whilst I had diarhea. Get at my stupid sense if humor noooooobz.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The POE3 thread will have more views than this one by the end of the weekend.

And this one has existed for 10 months.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
haha, hype for poe 3. PEEF for best TO in like the history of time? getting SoCal to fly to the MW is a lololololol worthy accomplishment.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
haha, hype for poe 3. PEEF for best TO in like the history of time? getting SoCal to fly to the MW is a lololololol worthy accomplishment.
Best TO in history of time.

Except the actual running of the tournament. I'm still noob at that so I enlist the most professional help aka bunbun XD

The getting people to come my tournament part I can do perty good =]

PS Amba and I are gonna take Julian on a 2 day bowfishing extravaganza before the tourney hahaha

Top Bottom