• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

knee tips

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I find it easy to land a sweetspotted knee by downslaminng at the end of the stage then coming off with a stubbed knee, the jumping with another knee. I did this plenty of times during real matches and it always worked
I feel like its harder too pull off a well placed dair than a sweetspotted kneww :laugh:

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
I find it easy to land a sweetspotted knee by downslaminng at the end of the stage then coming off with a stubbed knee, the jumping with another knee. I did this plenty of times during real matches and it always worked
I feel like its harder too pull off a well placed dair than a sweetspotted kneww :laugh:
It's kinda hard to tell what you mean, you're using words that I don't think are canon :)
Do you mean a ledgehopped knee? If so, if you're landing this consistently against the people you play, your opponents aren't very good at edgeguarding.

EDIT: If you main falcon, you owe it to yourself and everyone to post in the friend finder. :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I think he meant running off stage, fast falling a weak knee then double jumping with a sweetspot knee.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's nice but most of the time is safer to use uair instead the second knee.

Krigar

Smash Rookie
I find the knee works well for off-stage edgeguarding as well. I typically start out with a knee (usually weak) to set them up for an easier followup, where I can double jump into a Dair, Uair, or another Knee depending on their resulting postion. I generally prefer this strategy as long as they aren't recovering from far above.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I tried to explain how to land the knee in another thread, specifically the SHFF knee, but people thought it was impossible...............

if only they listened

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
75% percent of my knees come from when chacters like marth recover and there lag frames enable themm to move :pikachu:

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
There is a killer way to land a SH FF knee that's the sexiest thing I've been able to do with falcon so far. I ain't saying itl work everytime, but ****, this move looks like sex.

[At this point, I'm not sure if it's a personal preference or not, which is why I'm not really explaining it. It might look just like another SH FF knee to others, I wanna get a few more opinions on how this looks before I say anything.]

Iwan

Smash Ace
I think he meant running off stage, fast falling a weak knee then double jumping with a sweetspot knee.
I would like to take this time to say.....

way to take my avatar tenki.
jeez.

lol...kidding...kidding. We can be twins?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Why is it hard to combo with the knee?

Mini hop, Knee with auto-canceling.

Thats a full knee with no lag!
A full knee that will sweetspot about 5% of the time, less if you spam. The mini hop is called a short hop.

What you described wasn't a combo. Combos are dead.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
A full knee that will sweetspot about 5% of the time, less if you spam. The mini hop is called a short hop.

What you described wasn't a combo. Combos are dead.
The sweet spot is'nt chance based, It just depends on timing and where you hit them.

And what i discribed was'nt meant to be a combo but a way to pull off a combo.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
The sweet spot is'nt chance based, It just depends on timing and where you hit them.

And what i discribed was'nt meant to be a combo but a way to pull off a combo.

I know it isn't chance based lol. I meant what you described as a "full knee" won't connect even remotely consistently.

Combos are dead. An ACed knee will not lead into any combos. (As for the "yes" combo, I am still waiting for a demonstration that proves it isn't extremely situational - in fact, I've never even seen it connect at all)

EDIT:

Why is it hard to combo with the knee?
Try it yourself - best way to figure it out.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I know it isn't chance based lol. I meant what you described as a "full knee" won't connect even remotely consistently.

Combos are dead. An ACed knee will not lead into any combos. (As for the "yes" combo, I am still waiting for a demonstration that proves it isn't extremely situational - in fact, I've never even seen it connect at all)

Like it says below my name i'm a N00b! lol. Whats a "yes" combo?

Top Bottom