• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
BattleFieldi enjoy battlefield very very much because nowadays people are tending to jump out of Kirby's combos. Obviously when they are in the air due to Fthrow they use their double jump and then land right on of the side platforms, and since kirby can quickly land on the platform b4 the opponent u can continue to combo them regardless. Also the structure of the bottom of the stage makes it the easiest neutral stage to stage spike someone by inhaling and spitting them under the stage. I believe it deserves 4 stars as the best neutral stage for Kirby.

Brinstar: dont take anyone like Diddy or Zamus to this stage. Their projectiles bounce up and down parts of the stage and makes camping incredibly easy for them. Also the stage structure doesn't lend itself completely to Kirby's advantage. If anything i think this stage is three stars and should only be used as a counterpick to characters who are poor on that stage.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
I dont like stages that do damage. RC is banned at our tourneys. So I CP Pokemon Stadium One, and against certain people with good killing power I will pick Weegee's Mansion of the tech and crazy combos.
RC is banned? o_0 Hasn't it been around since melee? And didn't Gonzo say Luigi's is banned?

Nevertheless, DK is never a good character to take to Brinstar. He has some tricks of his own and can kill Kirby at shockingly low percentages with smashes, punches, and even bairs. Kirby does have adventages on Brinstar, but other characters (Zamus, Diddy, DK, SNAAAAAKE!!!) Have just as many. I say 3.5 *'s if that's possible. Also, like what Asdioh was saying, MK's can string aerials into a shuttle loop for some really embarrasing kills. -_-

Could Kirby sit in the lava for a couple seconds with his stone? Not really useful, but good for lulz. ^-^

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yes. It's actually pretty hilarious. I turned into a Stone once, the acid rose up, and the guy I was playing against got hit by it, while I transformed back safely.

And then I was like ">_> ... I meant to do that."

Also, I beat a Captain Falcon who was way better than me on Brinstar, because he was like "wtf do I do on this stage lolz"

You don't think that's impressive?

...it was Melee. :p

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't very impressed by that statement. Until you said it was melee. Props for stickin with the little freedom fighter in his darkest hour! *fist pump*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll leave it as a no change for now, three days has passed and time for the next stage:

3rd Stage: Castle Siege

Currently ☆☆☆

This stage is kind of confusing IMO, some say it's a good stage, some say it's a bad stage... anyone play this stage for a living besides me?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I hate Castle Siege. I don't know why.

Umm... obviously, it's in three sections. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I don't think any of them are particularly amazing for Kirby though.

1. It has 2 platforms, and 2 sides...and you can maybe gimp people...and attack through the platforms >_>

2. It has a few platforms, and statues that block most projectiles, and can refresh your moves, that's good. You can Stone Slide off some of the platforms, and Starshot people off the walkoff.

3. Just a Final Destination-type stage that tilts. Good for stagespikes.

*shrug*

***?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dont really care for this stage. It's really mainly used for chars that are fat and name DDD so they can be fat and cg out til you're sent off screen.

It's an ok stage for Kirby, I dont think it really give him much of an advantage/disadvantage unless there's some super sexy secret to it that I've never heard about.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I like Castle Siege. The variety of layouts give us an advantage, since most of kirby's game is aerial. Other opponents have to adapt their games to the constantly-changing layouts so they can find an advantage, where we just continue with whatever we like to do.

I'm not saying I like the stage for the varying layouts, just that it's one of the pro's. Another one could be, me having a taste for platformed stages, the many platforms that interrupt the opponents. A nice kirby would easily use those to his advantage against any character he desires, obviously while playing smart. And 1/3 of the layouts is a flat stage that can be used for easy gimping... Which is what we love.

It's not my favorite stage, but it's not one I hate, either. I actually like playing there because it hinders others' characters more than mine, giving me an actual advantage, if the matchup is a difficult one, and the opponent hasn't studied the stage as much as I have... But, of course, difficult matches where counterpicking stages wouldn't help much, I wouldn't want to bring up this stage... Just use it if it's CP'd against you, or if you know you'll win for a reason or another.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Castle Siege can be a very dangerous stage and also a very good stage, the first ssection is neutral for everyone, the second stage has a high ceiling but close sides which makes our Fsmash and Dsmash very effective. The transformation stages have avg sides and height. The final stage is very good for Kirby. Kirby can easily gimp on this stage.

If u ever play against a DDD, IC, or Olimar ban this stage. Olimar can get very easy throw KOs on this stage, DDD gets easy Back throw kills here and IC can use the second stage and transformation stage to chaingrab u to the edge for a very very easy kill.

I give this stage a Neutral Rating

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Going by:
*****=cp it like crazy
****=a good backup cp
***=not one you'll cp, but nothing to worry about
**=try to avoid, especially against specific chars
*=ban it like the plague

Siege is a 3

IDEA: Viper, once we've done a lot of stages, arrange them by neutral/cp first, and then stage rating, to make it easy to see best/worst neutrals

EDIT: i need to make a ukulele-based thread. Ideas?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Meh... don't feel a particular feeling for this one. It wouldn't be one i would pick but if i ended up there i wouldn't really care.
The first stage is small, not flat, and has two platforms. Like Asdioh mentioned you can attack from below the platforms. I personally like to gimp people on the left side and I'm pretty sure some people can get stuck on that little protruding edge kind of like on FD.
The second stage is larger, the ceiling is higher and has closer sides, so you would have an advantage over people who excel at vertical K.O's. And those statues block out projectiles, so I guess people with projectiles would have a small disadvantage on this one. You can also make the stage pretty much flat by destroying both statues, allowing for a fresh move set. I forgot, can you do the sliding stone trick on those things on either side?
The third stage is a FD'ish stage that tilts. As Gonzo said kirby can easily gimp on this one.
Overall i agree with ***

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't like Castle Siege. It's two "side platforms" in the indoors part and the transitions allow characters like Donkey Kong to get an easy kill if you don't play smart. The only part that is good for Kirby is the lava section, where aerial assaults are easy to execute, though there are no platforms and the sides and top are fairly large. The initial section is good because of the small sides and low top, and the crooked main platform allows for some variation in your attacks. The upper platforms are rather nice for aerial assault, but can be a hinderance since they are rather low. Overall, I'd rate this as a 3 star.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I'd give it ***, just because the first stage has the low platforms and close blast zones, and its fun times to crouch at the bottom of the slant. If BF is ***, then this is **+1/2

2 is flat out bad for Kirby. Numerous character can put you in really bad positions with their throws (Snake, Oli, Diddy, Marth, Wolf, Esp DeDeDe), and you can basically get ranged all day because Kirby has such slow air mobility and the amount of play area is huge.

3 is fine but kinda meh.

Kirby can somewhat transition gimp with U-throw.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
By the way of the stage, I'll say the castle top is ☆☆☆☆

The thrown room is ☆☆

And the basement is ☆☆☆

Is this accurate?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
you know that adventure is spelled wrong in the thread title right?
At least discuss the stage in this thread than waste a post count telling me how to spell. -_-;

Doesn't that average out to ***? If it does then yeah, I'd say so ^^
It should because the two star on the middle section of the stage. I'll leave this stage as a no change as well, three days has passed next stage.

4th Stage: Corneria

Currently ☆

I maybe over exaggerated on this one, but let's be serious, I don't see any advantage that Kirby has besides him KOing his foes faster, but he's light so he dies at a retarted low percent in this stage, (around 50%-70% even if your at pro level and know where to dodge attacks), and characters with bad recovery have it good in this stage because it's barely any far ledges, and most characters with bad recovery are powerhouses and won't die at a low percent. Anyways, start. ^_^;

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And don't forget about Olimar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4E9aYkZ9M
4:40 T_T

Umm.. advantages for Kirby on Corneria:
-close sides for KOing
-wall for jablock, or dtilt lock
-Starshot under the right side of the ship tends to be deadly

....that's about it. You can Stone Slide on the fin, but it shouldn't take anyone by surprise, since it's been there since Smash 64.

Disadvantages:
-close sides on top and bottom mean you're one dead Kirby
-random ships shooting you are ********.
-People love to camp on this stage, and some characters do retardedly well.
-Wolf and Toon Link can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZLXvPQiKrM

yeah...I give it... 2-2.5, because it will most likely benefit your opponent more than you.

This stage should be banned >_>
Didn't they ban Shadow Moses because of the wall? *looks at Corneria's wall*
Didn't they ban some other stages because of random hazards? *looks at Corneria's random hazards*

link64e

Smash Apprentice
This stage should be banned >_>
Didn't they ban Shadow Moses because of the wall? *looks at Corneria's wall*
Didn't they ban some other stages because of random hazards? *looks at Corneria's random hazards*
I know Corneria is banned in Florida. Other places I'm not too sure. :/

I agree with everyone about this stage. Bad for Kirby. The only real advantage he has is Low Ceiling kills with up-throw. But just about everyone else can do the exact same thing to him.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, this stage is a nightmare. Kirby just dies too early for this stage to make up with any advantages. I think this discussion should center around how to deal with the stage if someone CP's it on you. Otherwise, I usually ban it.

We can do a Vulcan Jab infinite against the wall right? ^_^; Edit: Sorry just saw Asdioh's post. I'm too slow.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I would think Snake players would open mouth kiss you if you cp'd this vs them because this is like an insta win for them.
ROTFLMAODASPDVA:
Rolling On the Floor Laughing My *** Off, Dying A Slow, Painful Death Via Asphyxiation

That's very true, that and they can use the slide real smoothly in this stage, this can also change the match of Ness and Lucas to highly there favor as well since they can use to lasers to recover if you let them.

Lovely

Smash Lord
One star is too low, even for this awful stage, I'll say at least two star because Kirby can still have a change to win this stage with characters with poor ground moves. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Corneria will change to two star since it's not a complete nightmare, but this is one of Kirby's worst stages don't forget, I will start writing a bio when half of the stages are done, alright next stage:

5th Stage: Delfino Plaza

Currently ☆☆☆☆☆

If you ever played on this stage a lot, you'll notice that this is one of Kirby's best stages, he can use just about all the advantages he has on this stage, like Rock Slide, under the stage attack, etc. Before I continue to rant... discuss.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Should we request a sticky for this thread? It seems like one of the more useful threads considering all the "best Kirby stage" threads we've been getting lately.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm kind of late, but yeah, Corneria sucks balls... Just to clarify, you can't actually jablock on the wall, since they can SDI out of it.

For Delfino, this stage is quite simply awesome. As mentioned, you can do stone slides and sharking on this stage, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pros:

-Dtilt/grab release semi-locks on the walls at some parts of the stage
-Uthrow kills off the top of the main platform
-transformation canceled smashes/hammer
-Dair spikes to stone above the water
-easy gimps
-the walls/cieling are a decent distance away
-starshot them off the walkoff part of the stage
-Cutter spike through the center platform

Cons:

-Wall infinites
-a popular level, so most people know what to expect here.
-MK is way too good here.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea. Delfino=Win.

It actually saved me. I was in a ladder match v lucario (who is >MK on wifi), lost the first match, ***** his *** off on brinstar, then he CP'd this. It wasn't pretty for him, although he would've won if I hadn't reacted so quickly to falling through the completely solid ground...

5+ stars.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
***** sounds perfect ^^
I love this stage.
You can come from below, which is always usefull.
Kirby can easilly gimp here.
I love spiking people in the water ^^.
Stone can't get punished as easilly if you do in when you have water below you.
You can Upthrow them to their death on the topmost platform.
And you can Diar them into the water and follow up with stone :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
***** eh? Sounds possible, I expected 4 though.

This IS a good stage for Kirby, just don't pick it against people with good spikes.

***** in most situations

**-*** against people with good spikes (Ness, Ganondorf, Toon Link, etc.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Some spikes you can Up-B out of if your timing is right and if your percent isn't critcal. But you do hold a point Asdioh, stage's that move from the ground is a great stage to spike, also the water can help the spike as well.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
***** eh? Sounds possible, I expected 4 though.

This IS a good stage for Kirby, just don't pick it against people with good spikes.

***** in most situations

**-*** against people with good spikes (Ness, Ganondorf, Toon Link, etc.)
Q4agreement

Situational counterpick = ****

**** i keep thinking these asterisks are the censored kind... >_<

EDIT: Viper ask mods to sticky this already

Top Bottom