• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby's Epic Yarn is coming out October 17. Not only that, but the box art is sexy:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Kirby's Epic Yarn is coming out October 17. Not only that, but the box art is sexy:

Man that is one smexy box art image

Also, do you guys think that the combine the powers system from Kirby 64 will return in this game? That was really something that I loved and wish I could see again.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm not buy cuz no copy abitiles.
Bad reason to not buy it. But I guess I can respect that.

Also, do you guys think that the combine the powers system from Kirby 64 will return in this game? That was really something that I loved and wish I could see again.
I doubt it, mostly because it didn't perform so well on Kirby 64. So far, some of the power ups feel familiar to Kirby Dreamland except more advance.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Would be great if they worked something with combo powers.

The fridge combo was the best.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I am not exactly looking forward to this game. When a series makes a return, I always figured they'd highlight what made them great in the first place, not use new concepts. Idk. It looks good, but at the same time I am yearning for old school Kirby.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just saw a yarn King Dedede.

This is going to be the best game ever.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm curious to see yarn Meta Knight now. Canvas Curse did have ball King Dedede and ball Meta Knight, I'm sure Epic Yarn will include yarn Meta Knight. XD

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Seeing this game announced put me in a serious Kirby mood. I think I played through Nightmare in Dreamland about 3 times in the past month. Freaking love that game. When Epic Yarn comes out it will definitely be a must-buy for me.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Epic Yarn got an A- from 1up, and a 9.0 from IGN. Though Kirby's Epic Yarn is reviled it wasn't originally a Kirby game, (seeing no copy ability was an only a guess, lol), it end up scoring higher than I thought. My option playing this game, (currently in the third world), it's one of the most funnest Kirby games I've played, I can't say it's better than Kirby Adventure or Kirby Super Star because I didn't complete the game yet. XD

Minato

穏やかじゃない
☯ Epic Yarn got an A- from 1up, and a 9.0 from IGN. Though Kirby's Epic Yarn is reviled it wasn't originally a Kirby game, (seeing no copy ability was an only a guess, lol), it end up scoring higher than I thought. My option playing this game, (currently in the third world), it's one of the most funnest Kirby games I've played, I can't say it's better than Kirby Adventure or Kirby Super Star because I didn't complete the game yet. XD
I'd be surprised if it was better than those two games, but I'm glad to hear that it's pretty fun.
I can't wait to try out Kirby's Epic Yarn. Guess I'll play it over the weekend.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I really wanna get this game now. It looks like and sounds like a lot of fun!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Bought Monster Hunter instead of this, but god I want to just go and get it now anyways... but so many things need done first. Ugh.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I bought this game on Sunday, and started playing it yesterday.

It's pretty freaking adorable. Not remotely difficult, but I wouldn't expect that out of a Kirby game. It's exceptionally charming though and it has pretty solid gameplay, and I would definitely recommend it.

And so cuuuute~!

Two player is fun too.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman

This actually became a meme now...
Awesome. This was my exact thought when I first read that phrase in a PokeCommunity thread! :grin::

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6230363

Considering Kirby seems to be depicted with an infantile level of thinking (from my experience), having him speak like that was a great moment for me, indeed. And with a statement like that, it's like you inherently know its meme-worthy. It just has to see more online usage in gaming areas, that's all. If Smugleaf/Tsutarja can do it, so can Kirby's grass-pants sensation! :cool:

And yes, the Kirby-jumping-rope-with-yarn as his idle animation is just uber-cute. I really hope some aspects from this game can make it into SSB4... :)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Squashini is the funnest boss in the game. I don't know why but every boss with a slot machine battle is always amazing. <3 ♥

♣
Now that Kirby has the magic sock to Patch Land, does this mean Prince Fluff will be in more Kirby games.
I hope so. XD
♥

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
3rd best game in the series if you ask me; it doesn't beat Super Star or Adventure, but boy does it kick the crap out of all the others (including Crystal Shards). The dolphin transformation is the most fun i've had in ages lol. I just wish it had lives, but then it probably wouldn't be as easy as every other Kirby game in existence. The game itself is just so smooth, so cute, and so well done graphically, it's just stunning. Also, hearing the new rendition of the Green Greens music made my year!

Rating: 9.5/10

Get this game. Get it. Now.

:036:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I believe every Kirby game is better than Crystal Shards, if you played Dreamland 3 then Kirby 64, you will know the feeling. XD

☯ So far, it took me 16 hours to get 100% complete. Second longest Kirby game to complete in my option only below Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. I'll say Epic Yarn is the third best Kirby game, would be first if it was more challenging, but not being able to die made this game a little too easy, and no boss endurance. )=

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
☯ I believe every Kirby game is better than Crystal Shards, if you played Dreamland 3 then Kirby 64, you will know the feeling. XD

☯ So far, it took me 16 hours to get 100% complete. Second longest Kirby game to complete in my option only below Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. I'll say Epic Yarn is the third best Kirby game, would be first if it was more challenging, but not being able to die made this game a little too easy, and no boss endurance. )=
tbh, i actually really liked Crystal Shards. Sure, it wasn't the best Kirby game, but I really loved playing through and how awesome 0 and 02 were to fight.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Oops, that came out wrong. XD

☯ I enjoy Kirby 64, just that the other Kirby platformers are better. Also I was a little disappointed that Dreamland 3 didn't get noticed much but Kirby 64 got a lot of attention and a great amount of the game is similar to Dreamland 3. >.<

9kirby99

Smash Rookie
You know, why did'nt kirby just take some fabric from the backround and have two awesome abilities.....

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So how many hours does it take for 100% enjoying the game? Cause Other M was a bit short =3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Um yea, but that doesn't mean anything. Metroid Prime took a bit if you beat all three difficulties. Super Mario Galaxy 2 took a while as well. I don't expect 100+ hours, but under 10 is kinda meh =/

I'll still end up getting it thoughlol

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It's a platformer. Not an RPG.
Platformers can be long.

see: Banjo-Kazooie.

ANYWAYS

I am addicted to sprucing up my pad; honestly one of my favorite features (i spend all my beads on fabric and or crap i don't need) BUT IT'S STILL AWESOME.

also for people who say "lol game is easy not going to buy casual **** 599 USD no gaems"

sure, the game itself is easy, but collecting everything is not.

i'm missing alot of treasures and sometimes i get hit and i have to recover all my beads.

also, collecting all beads in a level isn't no walk in the park.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Yeah, collecting all the stuff is one of the hardest parts. It's really frustrating when you go through the entire level, only to lose all your beads at the end, and then you can't make it up. ;-;

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Every platformer you two mentioned are 3D platformers. Which are generally longer than 2D ones.

Top Bottom