• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Best/Worst Copy Ability?

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
Best: ROB, cuz he needs a long range move. Also, the BEEP sound.

Falco, Kirby can use his lasers better than him. Falco can't duck under Kirby's lasers, but Kirby can duck under Falco's.

Pikachu, he can use Thunderjolt more than Pika can, but Pikachu's has equal or better priority

Pit, those arrows go everywhere, and if you know how to control them, Pit will be confused. But its not all good, since Pit has a shield

Worst: Ness/Lucas, but its great if you want your opponent to restore health.

Mario, he has a cape, and the Fireball doesn't go that far. Short hop Fireball is pretty useful.

Marth, it doesn't have as much range as the original, and it also has lag. Marth can and WILL punish you after using it.

Honorable mention: FALCON PUNCH!

cman

Smash Ace
I'd say DDD's is the worst. It sucks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry... *Starts tying the noose*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
NOOOO! NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS!!!

In the past 48 hours the Kirby boards have been filled with spam threads :[

*flees to the Toon Link boards*

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Snake's Grenades. As a Snake main, I know how to effectively use the grenades. The best part is that Kirby can actually use them against Snake. Fox's Laser might be useful for Kirby, but Fox has a reflector. MK's Whorenado might be good, but Kirby's Whorenado has less priority than MK's.

I firmly believe the Snake-Kirby matchup changes if Kirby copies and uses Snake's grenades. Kirby now has a way to hit Snake without actually going onto the ground-where Snake has the stage control. Kirby can literally Air-Camp with the 'Nades if you know what you're doing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
From best to worst on one on one's:

*Falco- Laser spamming, hell yes take this

*ROB- Great use to interupt attacks

*Samus- Like the others, Kirby with projectiles make's him god

*Jigglypuff- Great knock back and can able to use this for mind games, take it

*Meta Knight- Make tornado combos and be a beast with Kirby

*Wario- Bite make's Kirby god as well

*Dedede- Star shoot's do more damage, so it's worth it

*Pit- Spam it, though Pit has two reflecters, but you can still make good use of it

*Lucario- Great progectile, but don't forget that Lucario can use it better

*Snake- For the love of god, take it, even though Snake can use it better

*Donkey Kong- Kirby can use this very well, though Donkey Kong has better reach

*Bowser- Very useful for Kirby, and this gives him a bigger edge when fighting Bowser

*Charizard- Kind of the same for Bowser, but I think Bowser's does more damage

*Luigi- Eh, you can take it if you like, it makes some more combo's

*Pikachu- This will help stop the Pikachu spammers, that's all I know

*Link- Fast and effective, though you won't use it often unless your trying to gimp someone

*Fox- Good, but it won't make Fox flinch, and he cna reflect it back at you

*Shiek- I'll say good, but you might not use it too often

*Toon Link- Slow, but you might get a hit

*Mario- This is good, but Mario's cape can hit both you and the fireball you send

*Marth- Fast, but not very effective since the range is short

*Ivysaur- This will help Kirby's combo's, but it's hard to lay a hit on bulletseed

*Zero Suit Samus-Umm, if your lucky to get a hit, use hammer or F-Smash

*Wolf- Slow and not very effective since Wolf can reflect it

*Diddy Kong- Yea, just shoot a projectile that don't knock you back too well, that's a maybe

*Zelda- You wouldn't want to use this very often or you'll be an open target

*Ike- Since Ike has a bigger hit box than Kirby, don't risk it, unless your good in the air

*Ness- Ness can absorb it, and laugh at your face and call it a day, but it has great knockback

*Lucas- Less knock back and can be absorbed than Ness's PK Flash, don't take

*Ice Climbers- Ice Climbers can use it better, and it's hard to copy them, so don't try

*Captain Falcon- FALCON PUNCH, sweet, but Kirby's range make's it useless

*Ganondorf- Like Falcon Punch, but with less range and slower

*Yoshi- Yea, don't take because of the range of Kirby's tounge, and Yoshi can use it better

*Peach- Peach can use Toad too much better, don't take

*Olimar- Six Pikmin getting thrown at you vs one at a time you can throw, don't take

*Squirtle- All this does is pushes you back, It's not very helpful

*Sonic- Sonic can use this so much better, and you'll mostly walk into a trap if you use this

*Game & Watch- Since he can use the bucket and throw it at you 100 fold, never take unless you want to look cool

That's all I got to say, I'm tired and can't think stright. XD

Atria

Smash Journeyman
IMO, I think that Kirby's top 3 copy abilities are:
1. Snake (GRENADES?! H*** YEAH! =D)
2. Falco (Laser spam FTW! Especially when you short hop it! ;))
3. Pit (Oh, I'll show YOU how to use these! Infact, I can use them better than you!) :p

Favorite Copy Ability: ROB (BEEP, BEEP, BEEP... I especially do this on Wi-Fi when I'm bored and if somebody selected a HUGE stage.)

Most Annoying Copy Ability: ZSS (Yeah, one time on Wi-Fi I was really BOOOORRRRED. Seeing as though ZSS players are uncommon on Wi-Fi, I copied her ability. From there, I just kept spamming Kirby's crouches. Whenever somebody tried to attack me, I would just stun them using the stun gun and then run away like the annoying person I was at the time. Honestly, I didn't think this would happen, but 2 people gained up on me just because of that! :laugh: It's not my problem if people don't know the range of their characters moves! They kept missing me and it was SO funny as I kept stunning them in the process and then ran off again! :laugh: )

Again IMO, I think that Kirby's 3 worst copy abilities are:
1. Kirby: "FALCON!..."
C.Falcon: "That's not what I sound like you little pipsqueak! Take this! FALCON KICK!"
Kirby:"...Punched..." :( (Worst copy ability IMO. Falcon's ability=a sad Kirby if used incorrectly. The only use I can think of for it is to use it on taunt parties who are too dumb enough to see this coming. I'd put Ganon's Warlock Punch here too since they act quite similar to each other. I'd rather be cheap and Kirbycide people off the stage than to copy this move! WORST COPY ABILITY EVER...)
2. Peach (Terrible. Just TERRIBLE for Kirby.)
3. Yoshi (What's that? You're telling me that I have to be in GRAB RANGE to actually snag somebody with this? WHAT?! THAT'S LAME! Kirby's grabs are 50x better than this c***** ability! Nuts to this copy ability! *Throws it away*)

This sucks, with about 1/4 of the cast in this list, Kirby can't compare with them in RANGE when Kirby copies their ability. This occurs when Kirby copies either C.Falcon, DK, Ganondorf, Ike, Marth, MK and Yoshi. What's worse, some characters can even use their neutral B move better than Kirby! Since I'm too lazy to list them all, 2 examples are Peach and Ice Climbers. LLLLLLAAAAAAAAAMEEEE!

Even though Snake can use his grenades better.
Ohhhhh I don't think so! One time on Wi-Fi I was in a sudden death against a Snake after I taunted the whole match. (Lol) Anyway, I was thinking at that time: "Let's have some fun shall we?" Anyway, I waited for Snake to whiff an attack. 3 seconds later, I managed to copy his ability. Next thing I did was that I ran around all over the stage spamming grenades like the madwomen I was at the time. As you would've expected, the Snake player was dodging my grenades like CRAZY! Anyway, he managed to get close and he grabbed me. I was like: "OH NO, I'M DONE FOR! I should have paid more attention to the fight...":( But unfortunately for that Snake player, one of my grenades blew him up and I won! I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes. BEST SUDDEN DEATH VICTORY EVER! :laugh: Yeah, not like this opinion is going to change things though... (Still, I thought it was awesome!) :laugh: NOBODY messes with Snake Kirby! EVER...:evil:

Oh BTW Viper JLT4GOV, Charizard's Flamethrower has a quicker start up time than Bowser's Fire breath. However, Bowser's is more radial compared to Charizard's which makes it harder to escape from + is more wider. I tested the damage done by both kinds of fire attacks and according to what I got, Bowser's does more damage.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ohhhhh I don't think so! One time on Wi-Fi I was in a sudden death against a Snake after I taunted the whole match. (Lol) Anyway, I was thinking at that time: "Let's have some fun shall we?" Anyway, I waited for Snake to whiff an attack. 3 seconds later, I managed to copy his ability. Next thing I did was that I ran around all over the stage spamming grenades like the madwomen I was at the time. As you would've expected, the Snake player was dodging my grenades like CRAZY! Anyway, he managed to get close and he grabbed me. I was like: "OH NO, I'M DONE FOR! I should have paid more attention to the fight...":( But unfortunately for that Snake player, one of my grenades blew him up and I won! I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes. BEST SUDDEN DEATH VICTORY EVER! :laugh: Yeah, not like this opinion is going to change things though... (Still, I thought it was awesome!) :laugh: NOBODY messes with Snake Kirby! EVER...:evil:
lol, that is one crazy victory. I guess I haven't used Snake Kirby to it's fullest, but you have to remember that Snake grenades are harder to see when he pulls them out, but then agian, Kirby might make the match up on him vs Snake a little to even then a disadvantage. I'll try it out when I face a Snake main in the next tourney I go to. To tell you the truth... I don't use Snake's powers at all, so I'm going to try it out. XD

Oh BTW Viper JLT4GOV, Charizard's Flamethrower has a quicker start up time than Bowser's Fire breath. However, Bowser's is more radial compared to Charizard's which makes it harder to escape from + is more wider. I tested the damage done by both kinds of fire attacks and according to what I got, Bowser's does more damage.
Didn't think of that, I'll leave it at Bowser is better because it does more damage. Then again, since I fourth main Pokemon Trainer, I use Flamethrower very effectily.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
my personal favorites are the donkey kong one rob his laser and ofc Falcon and ganon PAAAAWWWNNCCHH my worst is sonic and the mother brothers

Ills

Smash Apprentice
You know, if team attack is on ala' Melee rules, kirby suddenly becomes not the best character in the game, but the best teammate.

If your ally is playing falco (or anything remotely spammable ie Pit), swallow them, copy, and mash B. You've suddenly got yourself a double-sided laser wall, *****-*** to c-stick out of.

and then i wonder why so many people hate me.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
You know, if team attack is off ala' Melee rules, kirby suddenly becomes not the best character in the game, but the best teammate.

If your ally is playing falco (or anything remotely spammable ie Pit), swallow them, copy, and mash B. You've suddenly got yourself a double-sided laser wall, *****-*** to c-stick out of.

and then i wonder why so many people hate me.
if team attack is off, then you wouldn't be able to swallow them...

Ills

Smash Apprentice
Which is why I need to learn how to spell check.

Edit'd with right connotations

brinboy789

Smash Champion
nades are undoubtedly the best. nado would be good, cept the fact that MK's nado is better then yours in every way and he can hit you out of it with pretty much any more. lasers are really good, especially with kirby's floatiness (IMO). 3 lasers in 1 hop!. robs is also a must...

worst would probably be...gameandwatches.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Marth Kirby And Roy Kirby Are The Best. Oh And The Worst Is King Dedede Kirby
um bro marth's B has less priority and roy isnt in brawl??? i think best is ROB,Ivy,zard,bowser,falco,snake,and pit
the worst is DDD,wario?,Ness,Lucas,yoshi,olimar

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No the worst is Jigglypuff. By far. Kirby's rollout is very bad because of 1 reason. If its shielded, Kirby does the full animation as if it hit, leaving him vulnerable for almost anything.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
the worst wario?
*Look's at Avatar* THIS IS WHY FELI GET'S MAD!!! D=<

How is Wario's Bite on of the worst?! Kirby can rack up damage and very effectivley when every you try to attack him, shield him, hell even when your doing some air or jab combo's. So yea, the Bite power makes a very effective use for Kirby. King Dedede's power is still debatable.

No the worst is Jigglypuff. By far. Kirby's rollout is very bad because of 1 reason. If its shielded, Kirby does the full animation as if it hit, leaving him vulnerable for almost anything.
Um, how is it the worst when you can get a quick KO, fake people out, almost destorying they shield when they do block it, and can able to use this as a surprise attacks out of the blue. I know Jigglypuff can use it better, but the fact that you said it was the worst by far is not only way funny, but with out seeing how Mr. Game & Watch completley make a fool out of you for taking his power. The reason why I say it's one of the best is because it's very useful for a quick KO, and if your foe blocks it, they sheild will get eaten up alot.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
um bro marth's B has less priority and roy isnt in brawl??? i think best is ROB,Ivy,zard,bowser,falco,snake,and pit
the worst is DDD,wario?,Ness,Lucas,yoshi,olimar
ok I can understand Yoshi, Ness and Lucas is the worst but Olimar D3 and Wario, what are you smoking. All the pikmin you throw all have nockback, Wario BIte is GODLY, and D3 swallow does more damage

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
meh fine ( but kirby doesnt keep the Pikmin and the dont follow him)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
No one insult Yoshi Kirby (not the person). I've put it to good use. Like, remember that kill with it at the end of 1-800-KIRBYCIDE? If you haven't seen that, go watch it. I did basically the exact same thing (except I used more mindgames, i.e. jumping back onstage, then going back to the ledge as he almost grabbed it).

Atria

Smash Journeyman
No one insult Yoshi Kirby (not the person). I've put it to good use. Like, remember that kill with it at the end of 1-800-KIRBYCIDE? If you haven't seen that, go watch it. I did basically the exact same thing (except I used more mindgames, i.e. jumping back onstage, then going back to the ledge as he almost grabbed it).
Uhhh... IF you saw my post, I'm just saying how c***** the range of that move is compared to Yoshi's. I didn't say that it's bad, I'm just saying that's hard to grab people with it because you have to be near grab range in order to do so. I would just prefer to use Kirby's grabs instead because IMO, I think that they are better to use. If you can think of a good use for it, that's fine but I'd prefer to use Kirby's grab + throws to get the job done for me.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
What difference does that make? You get a ranged attack rather than the inhale that youre prolly not gonna land on your opponent much anyway. It temporarily fixes the range problem.
nvm i was using olimar the other day and my bro was kirby and dang you can spam those pikmin like theres no tommorow

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Uhhh... IF you saw my post, I'm just saying how c***** the range of that move is compared to Yoshi's. I didn't say that it's bad, I'm just saying that's hard to grab people with it because you have to be near grab range in order to do so. I would just prefer to use Kirby's grabs instead because IMO, I think that they are better to use. If you can think of a good use for it, that's fine but I'd prefer to use Kirby's grab + throws to get the job done for me.
*remembers that people can't sense what emotions you're putting into your righting over the internet*

I was sort of joking around... I only like to take Yoshi's power for the lulz.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
lets keep this simple, the best kirby hat is solid kirby. just because he has a beard and a bandanna.
plus he throws grenades.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
green= good yellow= normal and red= bad right and who is the red,green,yellow on PT

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
green= good yellow= normal and red= bad right and who is the red,green,yellow on PT
yes
well, sorta
green=very good idea to swallow - power>inhale
yellow=either way is fine, benefits to both
red=pointless to swallow when inhale is so much better than the power

its in order squirt ivy char
char is arguably green, squirt is easily the worst of the 3 so theres no point in sucking him up

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
its in order squirt ivy char
char is arguably green, squirt is easily the worst of the 3 so theres no point in sucking him up
I'm starting to hear a lot more people saying Ivysar now, I'm going to have to try his power to see why it's recomended more than Chardzarid, (too lazy to fix spelling, lol).

Blue Flash

Smash Apprentice
I like using Ivysaur's power. Any throw + Bullet Seed on Charizard is almost a guaranteed win. Also, less knockback from Grass attacks = more damage from Bullet Seed

Atria

Smash Journeyman
*remembers that people can't sense what emotions you're putting into your righting over the internet*

I was sort of joking around... I only like to take Yoshi's power for the lulz.
Ehhh... still trying to understand you people... -_-

ANYWAY, Yeah I find it hard doing that on the internet. I've found it THAT hard to do on the internet, I think that I've actually forget how to be sarcastic in real life. :( I think I've become quite robotic recently. I need to get out more... The bad thing is, there's like NOTHING to do here...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You know, I DID make an entire list on the oooold version of this thread.

That's why I said "ANOTHER one of these threads?!" in my first post.

I'll try to find it. -_-

Top Bottom