• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Tourney Results/Discussion Thread: 2010 SNITCHES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Clash of the Titans Results

Percon: 33 out of 280

Chudat: 7 out of 280

Gonzo: 49 out of 280

i forgot what place Percon finished in. I'll link the results thread when it comes up.
I also got to meet Percon among a huge list of other smashers. I got to play against Kietaro and win, which was a lot of fun. I money matched Dojo, not fun :p

This tourney was crazy, it ended in a riot cuz when Chu was playing against Ally security cut the power and made everyone leave the venue.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
i heard chudat made ally redo the entire set, is this tru? Also i listened to these, Congrats to you and chu and percon

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i heard chudat made ally redo the entire set, is this tru? Also i listened to these, Congrats to you and chu and percon
Yea chu made him, and almost got punched for it
why did he make ally redo the set?
Chu did not make Ally redo the set. We were kicked out by security and they pulled the plug during their match. There were forced to redo the set at Chibo's house.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
yeah but their set was practically over...seems a little weird for chu to make him redo the entire set instead of the second game am i right?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Chu didnt make anyone do anything, Chibo said that the match would be redone at his house. That includes any other matches that were stopped by security.

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
do online tournaments count as well? because if they do i have a lot of firsts with 20+ people.

Percon

Smash Lord
I usually team with KingAce, but if the time comes where I can't/don't team with him (I didn't team with him at COT4, for instance) then yeah, no question I'll team with you.

Percon

Smash Lord
I did.

But the bracket was single elim due to time and I got knocked out second match by Lain :/ Took him to game three at least... his ICs are too much for me X_X

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
His ICs 3-stocked me in a MM a week ago lolol

Should I report that I got DEAD LAST in the tourney last week? >_> nahhh.

I did pwn my pool though, and got #2 seed, beating the guy who came in 4th in the tourney 2-0.

Stupid tournament. I beat X player, Y player beat me, yet X player beat Y player. <-- sums up the tourney for me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I tied with Tyr_3 for 3rd (or 5th...? I dunno... loser's bracket was weird...) at NexusLAN (Small tourny. Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221217&page=15 . Not sure if we got the bracket up since it was the TOs first smash tourny and as such kind of weird.) ****it though, Tyr sent me to losers (just barely) in the first match, then I made it all the way up to losers final, where Smash64 knocked me out (not even close this time... his DK wrecked me. I almost beat his Wolf, and nearly got his Snake in friendlies after, but oh god that DK...).

God I hate Ike on PS... I kind of forgot to ban it against Infern the first set of friendlies we did, and since he'd been playing like **** (I didn't get a single kill that set... He killed himself 5 times in 2 matches...) and Ganon's good on that stage, I decided to go Ganon... That was the most humiliating game of all time... I didn't get a single hit in. Water camping Ikes suck...

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
I did.

But the bracket was single elim due to time and I got knocked out second match by Lain :/ Took him to game three at least... his ICs are too much for me X_X
shoot. =) me and a couple ppl were trying to record a bunch of matches. my cousin actually got a lot of ally matches gamebridged. was kinda hoping i'd see some of ur kirby, but i had to leave _really_ early.

did ambrose (or anyone else, for that matter) get to record any of ur matches?

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
naaa the only reason most of us are not really active is
A-Doubles performances don't count (5th place out of 16 in doubles with kirby and ZSS)
B-I'm Broke if i had a job i would enter alot of tournaments with Kirby just because he owns.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
9th out of 140: Gigabits (Orlando, FL)

Unlike all my other tourney results though I did go a lot of G&W instead of all Kirby.

And this:

13th out of 97: Gigabits (Orlando, FL)

Should be changed to this:

9th out of 97: Gigabits (Orlando, FL)

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Any new tourney placements for Kirby? Since Kirby mains isn't placing very high in Japan except for a few, just wondering if anyone is using Kirby in tournaments that place high? ♥

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
♣ Any new tourney placements for Kirby? Since Kirby mains isn't placing very high in Japan except for a few, just wondering if anyone is using Kirby in tournaments that place high? ♥
Unfortunately, most people here either can't go to OFFLINE (specified in the OP) tournies (such as myself, I'd name others, but I could potentially insult someone or something), just aren't that good (I am an example, again...again, no names, since I'll probably offend someone), or don't have any tourneys around them (like kewkky, who lives in PR).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
YBM is pretty much the only one I know who consistently places well.

I have stopped being able to go offline for a while, and even when I do, I suck.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm going to Pound4, no matter what. I already have my plane ticket money, registration money, am in the process of buying my winter gear, and have some extra for miscellaneous expenses... And I'm being super optimistic: Me and my friends are repeating, over and over again... TOP 8! :D

Lol, people can dream... But I'm seriously gonna aim for that high (from here till January I'm going to improve sooo much).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Did you get your wii fixed then?
Nope. I'm usually just going to other peoples' houses and playing Wii with them now... Which I don't complain about, since so far I've learned Kirby's disjoints' ranges (even dsmash has a disjoint above Kirby... Lol), am doing everything Kirby is able to do (pivots, edgeguard by killing off the top, punishing ledge-hopped decisions (as well as airdodges) with stone (which has been very cool, by the way. Snake is no longer a pain to KO off the top for me if he uses his cypher and isn't backwards), and more random things.

EDIT: Got 5th at a tourney recently, only 22 entrants... Excel_Zero used MK on me after I beat his peach. :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, hopefully I'll see you there.

Also, random tidbit: Did you know if you charge a Usmash as you first start dashing, you go a bit further? Also, your hitbox is a bit smaller while you charge.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, random tidbit: Did you know if you charge a Usmash as you first start dashing, you go a bit further? Also, your hitbox is a bit smaller while you charge.
Hyphen Usmashes. ;)

Did you know you can combo some characters in BF's lower platforms by doing dthrow > usmash and the opponent is around 50%? They splat onto the platform before being able to do anything, and our usmashes go through the platforms... I do it all the time.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Right, I know, but charging Usmashes as you first start your dash you go farther than a hyphen smash, but slightly less far than from a DACUS (In general, not one from Kirby, if he even has one. If he does, it sucks.).

The difference is more noticeable on Mario though (They had a thread about it, and while he has no DACUS, this allows him to hyphen smash almost 1/3rd of FD).

Yeah, I know about that, and love it. I also sometime do a aerial hammer instead if I think I know where they'll go (AKA roll or normal getup.).

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Right, I know, but charging Usmashes as you first start your dash you go farther than a hyphen smash, but slightly less far than from a DACUS (In general, not one from Kirby, if he even has one. If he does, it sucks.).

I thought that was the definition of a hyphen smash? :confused:

All characters have a DACUS. Some just don't go anywhere when they use them (Kirby is one of them).

On a side note, I didn't know about the BF trick, I'll have to remember that one. :)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Does kirby have a good Jump canceled Usmash? I know about people like falco having a really **** one.
Nope, you'd be better off shieldgrabbing, or utilting/bairing OoS... Kirby's usmash has a long startup time, as well as a lack of a decent horizontal range... And try the Kirby Q&A next time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom