• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & The Amazing Guide

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You can inhale through just about any move IF THEY MISPACE. See, the grab armor starts when they're tumbling into your mouth, so basically they need to be close enough that you get them with the hitbox and not the windbox.

As for the grenade hat, yes, yes it does. Kirby with grenades is ridiculously good. One of my favorite tricks with them is grenade drop>regrab grenade>jump towards snake in shield (or out of range of his Utilt if he's not in shield>jump and press B making you drop the grenade you were holding in front of him and grabbing a new one all while jumping behind him>drop grenade 2> Bair or Dair depending on whether or not grenade one hit or he's still in shield respectively.

That being said, if you get him in an inhale near the edge, an inhale break footstool might be a better option.
Personally, that's my greatest use for inhale. Inhale break foostools can swing the match in your favor in a second.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's crazy. I figured he may be able to out camp Snake.. I figured if you can force the approach, you may be able to punish it with bair or grab or something. I need to get more MU exp

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He can outcamp snake, but I think using them to counter attack, ease approaches and setting up traps are the best things you can do with them.

Snake doesn't really have a hard time getting in if he HAS to approach after all.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
'Inhale Break'

Inhale.
They get gobbled.
'break' (they wiggle free)
Kirby footstools.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That doesn't work on every character. There's a list in the inhale guide (I'm too lazy to find the link to it, but you can find said link on the first page of the question/answer thread).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm analyzing frame data again. I got some interesting info to update when I'm done. :D

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Time it right:!!!!!!!!!!!!O < You down b'ing like a boss
_____stage______
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@ < Tether recovery bug

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLL < You cancelling down-b after it hit

-Ivysaur
-Zero Suit Samus
-Samus
-Link
-Toon link

One of the reasons i started to improve my kirby (yes, i'm not ****ing kidding, this stuff works GOOD).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I like the frame data part. It comes in handy when I want to have a verbal brawl match with people. :o

Jk, but I do use it a lot. :d

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I've been playing based off the premise that Wolf Kirby's laser has more stun than Wolf's own laser. I'd be nice if this could be test out, but from the way I see it, it seems rather noticeable if you take a moment.

Lof

Smash Cadet
You really helped a kirby player out :) I always got crap for kirby being my main in melee :/ more of a team player kirby especially when my partner was falcon.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh wow, mained Kirby in Melee, that's rough. XD
Kirby is definitely a lot better in teams in Melee. I think it's the same in Brawl with his strengths coming through more in teams.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Sorry for the bump ^^;

If it is possible, can there be a picture to show the range of grabs? (Standing, Dash and Pivot) I don't know exactly how much range his grabs have xD

Lucykinz

Smash Rookie
Thanks t!mmy, I absolutely love Kirby, he's so adorable. This is very helpful for playing against some of the competitive players

:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm always glad to see I've helped someone.
Feel free to ask any questions. (and feel free to point out any typos in the guide).

SSS

Smash Ace
I think it should be mentioned that you can stuck somebody up right on the edge and jump off. If they struggle by mashing, which they will, the two of you will separate right at the bottom of the screen (for most maps). You can then easily footstool (one of, in my opinion, the greatest untapped tactics in Kirby's arsenal) and possibly dair (if they get up too high, like a Pit ir Jiggs or another Kirbstomp) then into Hell. I think Kirby has a lot of gimping potential. His dair drills them down, pushing them as you fall, and dair can sort of combo into a footstool. I don't know. Kirby has some sexy gimp potential, I believe.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It works on PS and that banned Pokemon stage, but I'm not exactly sure if it works on any others since I've already committed this so many times before. And the gonzo combo can make many consecutive hit strings, so it would fthrow > utilt > etc. just make sure how it works best on your opponent since there's DI in the way, but you should definitely overcome it by then.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's actually F-throw -> U-air -> whiffed U-tilt.
Because people learned how to SDI that combo back in 2008. XD

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
The perfect remedy/mix-up for that is F-Throw>U-air>buffered full jump>buffered U-air.
The self-dubbed "Chu" combo! :)

Only then can you open up the doors to possibly dish out the whole Gonzo Combo!

Top Bottom