• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby & The Amazing Guide

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You know, I think I had that on my To Do List (along with ledge attack, as well as Get-Up prone/supine attacks). Here are some quick notes on the data:

Standing Grab
Start-up: 1 - 5
Hits: 6 - 7

Dashing Grab
Start-up: 1 - 9
Hits: 10 - 11

Pivot Grab
Start-up: 1 - 9
Hits: 10 - 11

Pummel
Start-up: 1 - 8
Hits: 9
Damage: 1%

I would put up some snapshots of the hitboxes, but I lost the .pac file that was created to get Kirby's hitboxes to light up. I also do not remember where I originally found it since it was so long ago. :\

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I think that would help. One doesn't realize how awesome that range is until you actually see it! Especially that pivot grab. Sweet Jesus, it's awesome!

I got that file. I'll try to get some pictures for ya.
I think you can find that .pac file here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255290

Edit: Have you ever seen Toomai's hitbox repository frame data project? I can't WAIT for him to get to Kirby (although it looks like it'll takes months till that happens...)
:phone:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for the link to the file. I'll get some snapshots of Kirby's grabs up as soon as I have the time to do it (hopefully before I go out of town for this weekend's tournament).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I thought the same thing when I saw that Kirby's hand in the back had a hitbox on it. If you want to take a detailed look at its uses and provide your analysis here, that would be great.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
@Asdioh you linked me here, so I might as well say it...

Happy 8-year anniversary (as of today), for this guide. :kirby:

Top Bottom