• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
da K.I.D. da K.I.D. sure thing.

My goodness, this makes me very happy that many of you want in. I promise you guys that I will keep the server as tolerable and clean as possible for the sake of advancing through the meta.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I feel there needs to be a thread for the Discord Group so not only does it gain more attention, but it leaves the social open to other topics as well. Just my two cents. I'm probably bound to leave the Skype group, so I'll pop in there. :3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i downloaded discord on my tablet, but I dont know how to navigate it or how it works at all. lolnow i have a good reason to find out.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Seems so dead, and I'm back...

There's a good stream match from last weekly that I wanna link whenever it gets posted. Greninja v Kirby

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
December at the earliest, if I were to guess I'd say late December through mid January. We have no idea when the "December announcement" is, so it's hard to say. Also hard to say if they'll release the patch immediately after the announcement/Direct/whatever it is, or if it will be weeks afterwards.

If I were to use my prophetic skills, I would say the announcement will be on December 15th, and the patch will be January 5th.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/674589393080991744

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Hello i used to main mk/kirby in brawl going to start playing smash 4 and will start with kirby. i just would like to know the following stuffs:

Top Smash 4 Kirby players, so i can watch some videos.
Confirmed killing setup and combos. I know gonzo combo is not anymore but there should be something, but im more instered on how to secure taking down the stock.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hello i used to main mk/kirby in brawl going to start playing smash 4 and will start with kirby. i just would like to know the following stuffs:

Top Smash 4 Kirby players, so i can watch some videos.
Confirmed killing setup and combos. I know gonzo combo is not anymore but there should be something, but im more instered on how to secure taking down the stock.
Start with watching Mike Kirby and Triple R, the both have different playstyles, but give you the right idea of how he looks at high level. MikeKirby is alot more passive, who literally waits for openings, while Triple R likes to go in and give his opponent no room to breathe. Mike is probably the better of the two.

Your throw followups are extremely varied depending on the character, it really depends. On some like Link, you can fthrow>fair>regrab, others you'll want to open up with a bthrow>bair or fthrow>ff uair. It takes alot of practice and MU knowledge to get used to. Bair and dair offstage to read jumps is pretty good to secure stocks offstage, bair is pretty good in general, fast and kills at decent percent, and then you have bthrow at the ledge and the recently buffed uthrow. Dsmash is super good at catching spotdodges, while fsmash is more or less a surprise attack. Good luck in your endeavors with the squishy Star Warrior! ^~^

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Start with watching Mike Kirby and Triple R, the both have different playstyles, but give you the right idea of how he looks at high level. MikeKirby is alot more passive, who literally waits for openings, while Triple R likes to go in and give his opponent no room to breathe. Mike is probably the better of the two.

Your throw followups are extremely varied depending on the character, it really depends. On some like Link, you can fthrow>fair>regrab, others you'll want to open up with a bthrow>bair or fthrow>ff uair. It takes alot of practice and MU knowledge to get used to. Bair and dair offstage to read jumps is pretty good to secure stocks offstage, bair is pretty good in general, fast and kills at decent percent, and then you have bthrow at the ledge and the recently buffed uthrow. Dsmash is super good at catching spotdodges, while fsmash is more or less a surprise attack. Good luck in your endeavors with the squishy Star Warrior! ^~^
Hold the dang phone until I get answered.......did you say Uthrow buff?

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Yep. I talked to SapphSabre777 SapphSabre777 about it and it says it kills around the same percent Lucas' uthrow does now.
Hypothetically it does KO at around the same %s. This is basing it off of Kurogane Hammer's website, where our BKB and KBG are about the same as Lucas' U-Throw (he has more BKB, but we now have more KGB, iirc). All we have is the patch notes. I'll definitely go into trying and finding the KO %s when it does release.

Another important buff to note is F-Air's hitlag modifier, which was increased from 1.0 to 1.2 on the final hit. This should mean that F-Air is safer on shield on the last hit, which would be awesome. Again, I'll be at home testing these things out.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Buffs.....Wait what are you guys talking about? Did the patch get leaked and mined or something?

If so, just tell me what Kirby got and nothing more.

EDIT: Never mind. I saw the 1.3 patch notes on the main page. Well the Up Throw buff is definitely a god send. If that's true, shields and rage shouldn't be as problematic for Kirby now and if that F-Air buff is true it looks like Kirby now has a safe shield poke. I personally think he still needs the frame data on couple noteworthy moves improved and Final Cutter is still massively flawed (seriously, why did the hammer get so many adjustments. Final Cutter is the special that's really in need of help...), but this is still a huge step in the right direction. We've gotten a viable D-Throw, functional Inhale, proper Throw combos, and now a (hopefully) effective means of beating shields and closing a stock. Now all Kirby needs improved his neutral and hopefully this new F-Air will help with that.

Last edited:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Buffs.....Wait what are you guys talking about? Did the patch get leaked and mined or something?

If so, just tell me what Kirby got and nothing more.
The patch was uploaded to the servers early so it was datamined.

These are Kirby's changes. Doesn't include FAF changes so there may be more buffs (or nerfs). They're mostly small KB buffs, but the Uthrow buff is quite significant.

• F-Smash (all angles)
    • Early Hit KBG 99 -> 100
    • Late Hit KBG 66 -> 67
  • U-Smash
    • Early Hit KBG 102 -> 103
    • Middle Hit KBG 96 -> 97
    • Late hit KBG 50 -> 51
  • D-Smash
    • KBG 108 -> 109
  • Fair
    • Hit 3 KBG 145 -> 148
    • Hitlag modifier 1.0x -> 1.2x
  • Bair
    • Early Hit KBG 102 -> 104
    • Late Hit KBG 110 -> 112
  • U-throw
    • KBG 63 -> 74
  • Side Special 1 partial charge
    • KBG 70 -> 76
    • Aerial hitbox 0 (both hits) size 5.2 -> 5.4
    • Aerial hitbox 1 (both hits) size 3.0 -> 3.2
    • Both sets of hitboxes active for 1.0 -> 2.0 frames
  • Side Special 1 aerial max charge
    • KBG 70 -> 76
    • Aerial hitbox 0 (both hits) size 5.4 -> 5.6
    • Aerial hitbox 1 (both hits) size 3.5 -> 3.7
  • Side Special 2 partial charge, 1/3 max charge
    • KBG 70 -> 76
  • Side Special 2 aerial
    • KBG 100 -> 110
    • Hitbox 0 (both hits) size 5.2 -> 5.4
    • Hitbox 1 (both hits) size 3.0 -> 3.2
  • Side Special 3 partial charge
    • Aerial KBG 70 -> 76
    • Hitbox 0 (both hits) size 6.3 -> 6.5
    • Hitbox 1 (both hits) size 3.0 -> 3.2
  • Side Special 3 max charge
    • Aerial KBG 70 -> 76
    • Hitbox 0 size 6.0 -> 6.2
    • Hitbox 1 size 3.0 -> 3.2

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
I actually just edited my comment before you replied but that clarification on the FAF is appreciated. There may be more stuff yet. In any case this Up Throw buff is a boon!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sooooooooooo... not zure if you guys are aware... but first hit fair combos now.. im pretty sure this is brand new thing

This is kinda crazy.
First hit fair combos into jab, d tilt f tilt and grab at like, all percents
Second hit fair combos into all 4 of the same at high percents.

I got first hit fair to combo into f smash on mario at 125 for a kill

Up throw kills from the middle of the stage no rage at 155. This is kinda awesome you guys

ChocolateMagnums

Smash Rookie
NNID
C4ptainPlanetX
3DS FC
1736-1671-8586
Hello hello! I'm extremely hype about the Kirby buffs, and I am having a heck of a hard time approaching For Glory Clouds. After all of that experience approaching a particular cloud in Kirby Superstar too. :p
Also, Bay hype engaged.

How goes the amazing cats?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Sooooooooooo... not zure if you guys are aware... but first hit fair combos now.. im pretty sure this is brand new thing

This is kinda crazy.
First hit fair combos into jab, d tilt f tilt and grab at like, all percents
Second hit fair combos into all 4 of the same at high percents.

I got first hit fair to combo into f smash on mario at 125 for a kill
Haven't looked much into 2nd hit fair, but 1st hit fair was already able to combo like that. Nothing new.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Edgeguarding cloud with Kirby is free. Its like edgeguarding Kirby if Kirby did not have multiple jumps and had to Up-b when he lost his 2nd jump.

Last edited:

MrMFC

Smash Cadet
NNID
iLFurkan
We didn't get anything new from the fair hitlag buff, did we? Man I wish it became safe on shield lol

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Haven't looked much into 2nd hit fair, but 1st hit fair was already able to combo like that. Nothing new.
I was gonna say that. Fair hit 1 or 2 into tilts is one of the most satisfying combos Kirby has!
The question is, does the hitlag modifier going from 1.0 -> 1.2 change its safety on shield at all? Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima says it doesn't, but what does he know :nifty:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
The hitlag increase to Fair shouldn't affect shield safety since both players receive the same amount of lag now. If this change had happened prior to the shield stun changes, then it would be safer. But this change happened after the shield stun change so it doesn't really become any safer.

I don't think the hitlag change really affects anything other than giving the opponent more time to DI.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
uthrow buff isn't that great tbh
With platforms + rage it's something at least. It also happens to be the something that Kirby really needed help with. This buff by itself is significant to Kirby's gameplay.

Top Bottom