• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I play jumping inhale on every human character in the game by default.

Anybpdy taller than luigi gets hit by jumping in hale while standing which makes it an incredible approaching tool. And the damage on spit is inconsequential. it doesnt matter because spit gives You essentially full stage control every time you hit with it. Its like down throw but better in that it lets you get under them and scare them with up air up smash and upper cutter. Follow ups are not guaranteed, ut it is guaranteed to always put the opponent in a bad position. That utility is what makes me pickjumping over regular every time. That and the suction range on default inhale is trash imo.

I play with a pikachu a lot and its really hard to hit him cus hes can duck it at neutral but its still has a number of uses.

Admittedly i do need to play around with ice breath some more, because i completely wrote it off like day 3 of the 3ds version. But you guys have given me some ideas to toy with

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
So 3 of Kirby's special provide some slight recovery distances?
Jumping inhale, hammerbash?, and upper cutter. Plus they are all good customs anyways,so that's amazing.

BTW to the person says Kirby wins no MU w/o customs........just....stop please stop.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
We need Ice Breath for the Yoshi matchup, at the very least. Kirbyciding Yoshi is basically impossible outside of For Glory, or something, and Egg Lay is far from the most useful for Kirby. I'm pretty sure we talked about that in matchup thread/Customs thread.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Kirbyfan I need to know something
My mains
Kirby Peach, Secondaries Zelda, villager, Tertiary zJigglypuff all have common problems with each other
You have any ideas of a character that would fit me?
One that has a simple moveset like Kirby,
But has Interesting attacks like Villager and Peach
Fast characters generally won't work too well for me, but maybe I should try Shiek?
(I play FG pretty much only, sooooo yea.)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Mmm...

This thread will remain the same. We need fancy new titles and a better OP, though. Gimme suggestions, guys.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
We need more sassy like the Zelda Social Thread. The gorls over there are something else.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
Mmm...

This thread will remain the same. We need fancy new titles and a better OP, though. Gimme suggestions, guys.
Somewhere, somehow there needs to be a thread called "Kirby- The Copycat Ninja"
There could be a reference to something related to Nightmare in Dreamland, maybe the matchup thread?

Also, I'm not sure if this is anything new but I was playing on Halberd and found that it has a hidden platform on it that Kirby can access with jumping inhale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYH9FEAm8iI

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Ok guys, So i've been trying to hold off from complaining on this but 2 stocks rulesets need to die NOW! First off you have less time to adapt to match-ups and player specific habits and for what? So that tourneys run faster, REALLY guys THAT'S your justification? I don't think a tournament running faster compensates for people having less time to adapt mid-match and since vectoring is gone the second justification for the ruleset isn't even a thing anymore so what's the point of still doing it? I think the ruleset in brawl was fine for the most part. 3 stocks is a perfect amount of lives to do everything neccessary to win now the timer i agree could've be toned down to like 7 minutes but overall the ruleset was pretty balanced so if sm4sh could just give it a shot maybe timeouts wouldn't be as common and it would encourage more aggressive play which would not only make it more fun to watch but also more fun to play as well.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
*stumbles on this thread cause Reserved told Zelda social to invade it*

Soooooo, whatcha gaiz doing? : 3

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I like you.
Of course you would. I grew up on Selena and the movie. I believe I watched it like 5 times as a kid (because of my babysitter). I believe she is the one of reasons I got into Latino music and took salsa dance classes.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
I'ts really, really wierd entering the Kirby boards and seeing Selena...

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
...I leave the Kirby boards for a day or two and this is what happens.

Amazing.
Kirbyfan I need to know something
My mains
Kirby Peach, Secondaries Zelda, villager, Tertiary zJigglypuff all have common problems with each other
You have any ideas of a character that would fit me?
One that has a simple moveset like Kirby,
But has Interesting attacks like Villager and Peach
Fast characters generally won't work too well for me, but maybe I should try Shiek?
(I play FG pretty much only, sooooo yea.)
Well playing on For Glory only is a bad idea, but if that's the case, I guess try out somebody like Pit? The big problems with your mains seems (mostly) to be range and KO power, and Pit has both of those (well, he has better KO potential than some of your current characters). He also has good defensive options and a great recovery. He just... struggles in certain areas. He's tall, fairly easy to get good juggles on, can't really play offensive very easy, etc. Maybe you'd like him, though. I know I do.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Time to watch MikeKirby VOD against Capt. Awesum because that guy's a semi-regular (or regular now? idk) at my local tournaments, and I'm going to one on Saturday! Hopefully the VODs still exist.
Time to practice and somehow get good at not making input errors!

Btw, have any of you tried taking apart the new GC controllers? I've never taken a controller apart, but my X and L buttons feel... off. They seem like something that can be fixed by taking them apart and cleaning them, but I don't want to break it!

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
Don't really know what's going on with the thread titles, but here's my contribution

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
I won my first tournament match. IMO Customs make Kirby much better and able to handle more threats than he normally would be able to.

Was facing a Donkey Kong. Upper Cutter juggles and being able to Stone him out of his Up+B (the custom with the wind and super armour caught me off guard) was a great feeling.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
^
I have, well had (thanks mew2) this replay where I played against this DK
Jumping Inhale right into Cyclone and it carried us both near the blastzone
Good thing I had my jumps :denzel:

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
well, thanks for the tips. The next person I'm fighting is possibly playing Mewtwo and I know how to deal with that from For Glory.

and inhale does look like a good move on DK. eh.

The only problem I can foresee now is someone not allowing customs due to this being a casual tournament but I figure I can try Kirby/go with someone else.

Top Bottom