• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Oh I guess I'm pink chopped liver then, eh T!mmy?
I thought both you and Nashun said you weren't going. I was pleasantly suprised to see you both (and to see Nashun playing Kirby, lol).

SCC was too much fun. Every Kirby player here should have gone so we could have had a Kirby invasion.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, are any Kirby players switching to SSBB? Using Kirby as our main or switching to someone else?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Yes, Ike's Biggest Fan, person of many rhymes, I am on this board.

I cannot wait to have Kirby dittoes with you when SSBB comes out, although Kirby's style seems much different from what you told me.

I will see you at the SSBB Kirby boards, then...

Is anybody interested on betting how much longer this sub-forum will last until cobwebs appear, or that this topic's sticky will last? How about the next time someone will post here?

sparkyy

Smash Rookie
I have a question most players that I play with tell me that I am a good player I just don't spike enought. The reason Is that I always feel like I am not going to be able to get out of my down B attack. could I get some help in that department? PM me or put it in the forum thanks alot bye.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I have a question most players that I play with tell me that I am a good player I just don't spike enought. The reason Is that I always feel like I am not going to be able to get out of my down B attack. could I get some help in that department? PM me or put it in the forum thanks alot bye.
Wait what?

Stone(Down B) is not a spike. Kirby's Dair(Down Air) is a meteor, which you should be using alot, its amazing.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I was going to post on how sparkyy's question should belong in the "Ask Pink Reaper and T!mmy about Kirby" thread, and then I realized everything was changed (Kirby=Stafy). I actually looked for the edit button on why someone did that.

April Fools on me...

Edit: Grr...I should have seen the Stafy=Stafy coming up. April Fools on me again...

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Pink Reaper, I am quietly waiting for an update to your character match-up.

In the meantime, I guess I will look at your "Reaper Combos Galore" thread again.

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Helloooo....... i have something that I did with Kirby and dont know if it is new but maybe useful?

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Well, now would be a good time to say it anyways >.>
Ha! Well I was just playin Kirby tryin to get better since I play Ganon and Falcon more. I forgot I was Kirby and was traveling with nB like the Falcon punch. I kind of made a chain for it.

When you spit the opponent out you run on the first possible frame, jump momentum and suck.
I tested it a bit and it works, right at the enemy's recovery you get them again and a few you have to use extra momentum. Needs more tests

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Link moves a bit further away, and Samus is a bit higher and this works best on fields like Final D. Platforms create issues and makes it harder a bit.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Ah, but you can wiggle out of the star shot on the first frame they're shot out, while kirby has a bit of lag. Its technically possible to Link them if your opponent is caught off guard(I've managed Starshot->Swallowcide before) but anyone with even moderate knowledge of Kirby(or just a really floaty character) wont have trouble escaping.

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Ah, but you can wiggle out of the star shot on the first frame they're shot out, while kirby has a bit of lag. Its technically possible to Link them if your opponent is caught off guard(I've managed Starshot->Swallowcide before) but anyone with even moderate knowledge of Kirby(or just a really floaty character) wont have trouble escaping.
Crap! I was playing cpu and just started Kirby! How fast can they wiggle out when first swallowed? Does it increase star wiggle out?

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Sorry i got that and edit my question, I guess I was too late.....

Im sleepy and bein lazy bout looking in here....

My thought was that as soon as I swallow that spitting them out would prevent wiggle out for starshot?

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Probably still going to be a long time before I pick up SSBB...

Pink Reaper, finish the character guide so that I do not have to keep asking you to finish it. Another monthly bump is coming up...

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Well, I randomly played on the F-Zero stage (legal, of course), did an u-throw on Marth, and the Marth lost a stock (while I did not). I did the u-throw on the track before the stage started scrolling; except Marth never came down. I guess I should look and see if it can be replicated, or if it was just an accident.

I found it interesting and thought I should tell everyone (i.e. Pink Reaper).

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Lol, Im everyone XD >.> >_> v.v

Anyways, this actually isn't new, M3D found it a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago(I found it while digging around the old kirby threads) It happens if you Uthrow right when the track starts moving. It cancels out your throw but causes your opponent to keep going as if you threw them straight up causing them to die.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Well, I was not here a "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG" time ago. Ack, now I have to go thread hunting...

captainlukey

Smash Ace
pink reapy, i think your like the only kirby left for melee...
how does that make you feel, you know that your the last of your kind

captainlukey

Smash Ace
Lol, it feels great, this means Im the best Melee Kirby in the US XD

lol lol,
i guess this means im the best falco player in aus....
hehehe all hail me
hooray for that.
u were already really good before everyone left...
we should get together for a match some time...

Top Bottom