• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Always nice to have more kirby mains. For tournament level ivy and M2 i can't really help you much since i have never played one. I do know that ivysaur power is 1 shot solar beam for kirby.

Love the signature and seeing the word peeps makes me want to eat some....
Yeah we have some ivys and m2's here and i usually team with ivy so i know some things but i am kinda noob in pm

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think the Kirby vs Ivy MU is 70/30 in Kirby's favor. If you jump and inhale towards him, 9/10 times you'll inhale him because he doesn't have many moves quick enough to react to and he's the perfect size for Kirby. This results in an instant solarbeam which is really easy to combo into. Ivy's gimps don't work much on Kirby because he has 5 aerial jumps and he's floaty so bairs don't hinder Kirby much at all. You can also Fsmash his getup attacks and they last long enough so you can do it a bit early too.

M2 vs Kirby is like 60/40 in Kirby's favor. M2 really relies on medium to fast fallers and medium to large characters so being small, floaty, light, pink, and cute makes it hard for M2 to combo you. M2 combos rely on a lot of tilts which is something Kirby gets out of in low %s onward. You can clank and trade with M2s tail as well, especially with your sword feet hairs.

Last edited:

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Alright... Thanks for the Help! its cool thats the pm kirby social thread arent so dead as the brawl and meele ones..plz dont die

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
As well.. My last brawl tournaments will be started soon, let see how far can my kirby place there.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Get his fireballs and abuse them just like he does.

Also, I'm almost done 100%ing Triple Deluxe. I ****ing hated that drum minigame. >:@

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm a 98% and received all platinum ranks of all levels in Drum Dash.

It was hecka hard, but well worth my time while going to work.
The AI in kirby fighters is ridiculous though. If you had to break through them, you'd have to break your own buttons.
I'm done with Story Mode, DeDeDe Run, The Arena, and The True Arena. All that's left is to collect every keychain and so forth.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
It's kinda disappointing how they went to all that trouble of balancing abilities for Kirby Fighters, and didn't give it an online mode. :(

Vert

Smash Cadet
This has probably already been said, but I don't want to scavenge through all these pages. When using Kirby's inhale is there a specific button to spit out opponents at that awkward angle? I know Z shoots them straight out at a slight upper angle. But is there another way to get them out faster at that 55% downward angle?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
This has probably already been said, but I don't want to scavenge through all these pages. When using Kirby's inhale is there a specific button to spit out opponents at that awkward angle? I know Z shoots them straight out at a slight upper angle. But is there another way to get them out faster at that 55% downward angle?
They gotta mash. If they mash out (and most people will), they will shoot downward.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I honestly think the Kirby vs Ivy MU is 70/30 in Kirby's favor. If you jump and inhale towards him, 9/10 times you'll inhale him because he doesn't have many moves quick enough to react to and he's the perfect size for Kirby. This results in an instant solarbeam which is really easy to combo into. Ivy's gimps don't work much on Kirby because he has 5 aerial jumps and he's floaty so bairs don't hinder Kirby much at all. You can also Fsmash his getup attacks and they last long enough so you can do it a bit early too.

M2 vs Kirby is like 60/40 in Kirby's favor. M2 really relies on medium to fast fallers and medium to large characters so being small, floaty, light, pink, and cute makes it hard for M2 to combo you. M2 combos rely on a lot of tilts which is something Kirby gets out of in low %s onward. You can clank and trade with M2s tail as well, especially with your sword feet hairs.
Lolwut? I know I don't play Kirby much but egh.

Ivy: Maybe Even for Ivy at best and probably -2 at worst.
- Ivy can camp Kirby out hard with Bair and Fair.
- If you jump straight at Ivy with inhale you're going to eat the Bairwall.
- Ivy should not be using getup attack or anything of the such.
- Ivy can still use Bair to get Kirby off and give Kirby a hard time getting back to the stage.

- Kirby gets free Solarbeam which hurts Ivy a lot and can do stuff like D-Throw -> Up Tilt -> Solarbeam (Probs)
- Kirby should be getting the gimps if Ivy is at or below stage level with no jump.

Mewtwo: Probably Mewtwo's favor.
- Personally I don't know if the tail is disjointed.
- Can Bair camp
- Has Hard time getting gimped
- Shadow Ball camp
- Teleport 2gud
- Up-Tilt/Up-Air combos no matter what my son.
- He can camp out of your range and you can't really do much.
- Up Throw kills super early.
- Doesn't need combos to tack percent because Bair but teleport + Tail has combos covered
- Did I mention Kirby gets a lot of Tail in this MU?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
Lolwut? I know I don't play Kirby much but egh.

Ivy: Maybe Even for Ivy at best and probably -2 at worst.
- Ivy can camp Kirby out hard with Bair and Fair.
- If you jump straight at Ivy with inhale you're going to eat the Bairwall.
- Ivy should not be using getup attack or anything of the such.
- Ivy can still use Bair to get Kirby off and give Kirby a hard time getting back to the stage.

- Kirby gets free Solarbeam which hurts Ivy a lot and can do stuff like D-Throw -> Up Tilt -> Solarbeam (Probs)
- Kirby should be getting the gimps if Ivy is at or below stage level with no jump.

Mewtwo: Probably Mewtwo's favor.
- Personally I don't know if the tail is disjointed.
- Can Bair camp
- Has Hard time getting gimped
- Shadow Ball camp
- Teleport 2gud
- Up-Tilt/Up-Air combos no matter what my son.
- He can camp out of your range and you can't really do much.
- Up Throw kills super early.
- Doesn't need combos to tack percent because Bair but teleport + Tail has combos covered
- Did I mention Kirby gets a lot of Tail in this MU?
Are you really trying to argue the MU when you've barely played the MU yourself?

Vs. :ivysaur:
Even the MU thread for Ivy's say to switch characters against Kirby.
-Ivy's fair takes a good amount of time to even startup so you can easily get a dash attack, nair, or fair into her.
-She can only hit you with one bair then you just wait for another chance which is fairly easy.
-If you have a hard time getting back on stage with Ivy using Bair you're using your 5 jumps and up/down B wrong.
-You can also footstool Ivy and recover back for an easy stock.

Vs. :mewtwopm:
-Tail is barely disjointed at all if it even is.
-If he bair camps you're not hitting him
-Just because he has a hard time getting gimped doesn't mean you can't go off stage and get easy %'s
-You can crouch under shadow ball and you can easily shield it if needed
-Teleport is good but can be judged and see above about gimps
-Up-Tilt/Up-Air doesn't work at mid-high %s because Kirby is floaty and the 3rd lightest weight in the game
-Depends on how M2 is being played but it isnt too hard to get close to him via Forward Cutter, Nair, and Fair
-Yes up throw can kill easily but is this really an issue?
-Everyone gets a lot of tail, that's how you play him.

Last edited:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kirby is such a work out to play with when trying to battle a competent Samus. It's like every move Kirby has manages to get out prioritized by everything else Samus has.
Kirby makes Samus change up her game, but all her moves hurt and hit hard. I can't get anything going. And the neutral B is darn useless. I can't bait the samus into it no matter what.

Ugh.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Are you really trying to argue the MU when you've barely played the MU yourself?

Vs. :ivysaur:
Even the MU thread for Ivy's say to switch characters against Kirby.
-Ivy's fair takes a good amount of time to even startup so you can easily get a dash attack, nair, or fair into her.
-She can only hit you with one bair then you just wait for another chance which is fairly easy.
-If you have a hard time getting back on stage with Ivy using Bair you're using your 5 jumps and up/down B wrong.
-You can also footstool Ivy and recover back for an easy stock.

Vs. :mewtwopm:
-Tail is barely disjointed at all if it even is.
-If he bair camps you're not hitting him
-Just because he has a hard time getting gimped doesn't mean you can't go off stage and get easy %'s
-You can crouch under shadow ball and you can easily shield it if needed
-Teleport is good but can be judged and see above about gimps
-Up-Tilt/Up-Air doesn't work at mid-high %s because Kirby is floaty and the 3rd lightest weight in the game
-Depends on how M2 is being played but it isnt too hard to get close to him via Forward Cutter, Nair, and Fair
-Yes up throw can kill easily but is this really an issue?
-Everyone gets a lot of tail, that's how you play him.
I'll see if @ Phan7om Phan7om can play today and check it out.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if @ Phan7om Phan7om can play today and check it out.
I didn't want to sound like a ****, but I've played the MU a good amount already. With an old Ivy main, a new one, and ORLY who hates the Kirby vs M2 MU because Kirby basically wins it and it takes like 5-6 minutes per match.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
I didn't want to sound like a ****, but I've played the MU a good amount already. With an old Ivy main, a new one, and ORLY who hates the Kirby vs M2 MU because Kirby basically wins it and it takes like 5-6 minutes per match.
What are the ways in which you KO M2? I usually just hit him with an aerial offstage, f smash, up air (i can hit with it after dash attack sometimes, but sometimes M2 hits me with his fair), or drill->usmash. Are there any other reliable ways of KOing him once you rack up the percent?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
What are the ways in which you KO M2? I usually just hit him with an aerial offstage, f smash, up air (i can hit with it after dash attack sometimes, but sometimes M2 hits me with his fair), or drill->usmash. Are there any other reliable ways of KOing him once you rack up the percent?
Most of the time its strong hits just like you were saying. Uair, fmash, upsmash, bair maybe? M2 can be annoying in that aspect because of his crazy recovery. Luckily he has a .1 slower fall speed than Kirby and a mid weight so he isn't too terrible to kill.

Last edited:

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Most of the time its strong hits just like you were saying. Uair, fmash, upsmash, bair maybe? M2 can be annoying in that aspect because of his crazy recovery. Luckily he has a .1 slower fall speed than Kirby and a mid weight so he isn't too terrible to kill.
yea its annoying to fight him, but if you get an inhale and drop down, and if he mashes out(which an m2 probs will), you can try to footstool his second jump then you grab ledge and he cant recover.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anyone play against a Zelda, yet? Din's fire doesn't seem to be an issue, but having to fight to get in close is annoying. I can't bait because she's comfortable staying on her side of the map. So i got to take to battle to her. Which obviously makes things harder on me as it's me approaching, and that seems like a bad idea with Kirby.

Neutral B is easy to deal with. Just shield until it's over and grab. But that foot hits hard and knocks you away putting you at a disadvantage as you have to come crawling back to her to get anything done.

Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I feel most of my attacks are getting beat out, also, by everything she has. I find it incredibly annoying that Din's Fire completely cancels my running A. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, the only move I remember going through it was Fair.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Dash attacks though nice combo extenders needs to be mixed up for approaches because decent people will figure out the distance, bait it out, and punish it after a while, as well use projectiles to stop it. You can use SH/FH cutterdash to approach her while avoiding the din's or use inhale for easy grab. Watch out for her Utilt though, it kills low %.

You can punch or kick din's fire to cancel it out without taking damage.
If zelda starts doing the teleport approaches, kirby's dsmash should work well since it lasts a while.
Zelda has hard hitting aerials, but you can get in through the corners (picture zelda as a square) since she doesn't have anything to hit those areas, but her nair which has to basically be in her body almost to hit.

This seems like it will be a very patient waiting for opening and baiting/punish game for kirby which aggressively approaching will hurt you much more than normal. Your going to have to play your game and not her's.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Then best I can do is mosey around the board canceling Din's fires all over the place while she tries to approach me when the player figures that THAT isn't working.

But god that's a long match I don't feel like having to constantly play.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Who here uses foot stooling? What button do you put it at? When do you use it?
I use footstooling. I use it on X (but use it on whatever button you dont jump with). Sometimes (it might even be garunteed if you position yourself right) you can footstool right after you D-air, which is what i did in Brawl a lot so it transfers over nicely. Footstool also goes though a sheilding opponent, nair and rock are guaranteed after a footstool... meaning nair and rock could potentially be unblockable from above.

Oh My Gascho

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6059-6486
I use footstooling. I use it on X (but use it on whatever button you dont jump with). Sometimes (it might even be garunteed if you position yourself right) you can footstool right after you D-air, which is what i did in Brawl a lot so it transfers over nicely. Footstool also goes though a sheilding opponent, nair and rock are guaranteed after a footstool... meaning nair and rock could potentially be unblockable from above.
I already use x for wave dashing and y is what i tend to normally jump with, so it's very awkward for me. Is footstooling important enough to change my scheme for or is mostly just flair?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I already use x for wave dashing and y is what i tend to normally jump with, so it's very awkward for me. Is footstooling important enough to change my scheme for or is mostly just flair?
You can just bind a taunt to Y to answer your part of your question. It isn't just for flair, you can get good stocks off of it.

Oh My Gascho

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6059-6486
You can just bind a taunt to Y to answer your part of your question. It isn't just for flair, you can get good stocks off of it.
I guess i worded that weirdly, I use Y to jump. Can you explain how you get easy stocks with foot stooling? I've never gotten any kills nor have I seen anyone get any kills from it, and i watch a lot of S@X.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I guess i worded that weirdly, I use Y to jump. Can you explain how you get easy stocks with foot stooling? I've never gotten any kills nor have I seen anyone get any kills from it, and i watch a lot of S@X.
Well at S@X, the only decent kirby there is Chu who doesnt really play PM kirby the way its supposed to be played. Dont get me wrong, hes good but his playstyle is too "get the lead and then kirbycide" based. I rarely see him use the whole moveset the way its supposed to be used... but yeah, i havent seen people use footstools in general in PM except for Reflex. It isnt that important that you would need to have it... if you have the speed for it you could always reach down to the dpad. I actually think footstooling is secretly OP in this game (though a lot of people would quickly disagree with me and say that it was useless), right now people havent really discovered game changing stuff with it, but later down the road it might become mandatory.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I practiced footstooling mainly to use on yoshi and he's annoying second jump. It stops his second jump in its tracks.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I've played tons of Kirby x Ivy/Mewtwo vs some pretty solid players; both matchups are absolutely horrible for Kirby - pretty much for the reasons Player -0 mentioned.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I've played tons of Kirby x Ivy/Mewtwo vs some pretty solid players; both matchups are absolutely horrible for Kirby - pretty much for the reasons Player -0 mentioned.
Really? I've never had any issues with either MU's. Might be able to get some more in during UFGTX this weekend.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Sorry @ Player -0 Player -0 I was pretty busy around that time. i would say lets do it later like tomarrow but we cant for obvious reasons. I know this isnt the matchup thread but heres my knowledge on the Mewtwo and Ivy matchups.

vs.:ivysaur:
-Her range beats yours
-Hard to get in a hit because bair
-Controls space better than you

-You can CG her at like 15%
-Get solarbeam and combo into it, kills at like ~45%
-Ivy has a blind spot diagonally above/in front of her except for solarbeam
-Tilts beat Razor Leaf, Fsmash completely beats it

How to win: Ivy's bair is really essential in this matchup, make it so that she cant use it. There is actually a small part right after the bair ends where you can punish. Always try to stay diagonally above and in front of her unless she has solarbeam. Its really bait and punish, make her grab or use a laggy move and punish hard.

vs. :mewtwopm:
-Really hard for Kirby to even hit Mewtwo if played right
-Outranges you
-Uthrow kills early
-Really good camping game
-No shadow balls/good projectiles to help for Kirby
-Slow tech roll
-Hard to him to kill you besides uthrow (which can be avoided) and hc fair

-Crouch is annoying for Mewtwo
-Teleport approaches can get predictable, smashes/tilts/and inhale all beat it
-Inhale beats out a lot of options (that dont use the tail)
-Disable beats just as much stuff as inhale, and stuns
-Hammer (after stun) kills at like ~80%
-Your grab outranges his, and your crouch goes under it

How to win: Crouch is your best option in this matchup, use as much as possible. You can sheild pressure him with cc jabs and dtilts lol. Learn how your opponent plays, if you know whats coming you can most likely punish it, or avoid it with inhale/disable. It will be hard, but its possible. If played right you both cant really do anything to each other, the one who predicts, baits, and punishes the best wins.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Idk, might be a personal thing too, depending on how you play.

For Zelda and her "teledashing" you can predict where she'll teleport by how the camera moves. The camera moves along with her in teleport (She actually just kinda goes invisible/invincible and moves really fast) which may help some.

@ Phan7om Phan7om Maybe if they figure out the hackless version for the wifi.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Who here uses foot stooling? What button do you put it at? When do you use it?
Honestly just learn to jump with x bro footstooling is a great option. It is not only very good but when u change your scheme it'll scare people. I usually footstool after some chars after they mash out of inhale (against mewtwo or yoshi you really need the footstool)

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
Anyone play against a Zelda, yet? Din's fire doesn't seem to be an issue, but having to fight to get in close is annoying. I can't bait because she's comfortable staying on her side of the map. So i got to take to battle to her. Which obviously makes things harder on me as it's me approaching, and that seems like a bad idea with Kirby.

Neutral B is easy to deal with. Just shield until it's over and grab. But that foot hits hard and knocks you away putting you at a disadvantage as you have to come crawling back to her to get anything done.

Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I feel most of my attacks are getting beat out, also, by everything she has. I find it incredibly annoying that Din's Fire completely cancels my running A. As a matter of fact, if I remember correctly, the only move I remember going through it was Fair.
I just bait Zelda to use dins fire or her aerials then run in dash attack, cutter dash, grab or any other mix up. Kirby is so quick so once you get used to Zelda's broken ass moves you can really punish her. Like when she's airborne, get under her and punish with that crazy nair. And as for KOing Zelda uair is great, dair->upsmash, I believe dthrow->upsmash works at certain percents, and getting a read off her teleport with forward smash are all great. Of course if you rack up the damage and bair or strong fair off stage that's killer as well.

Tetraflora

Smash Rookie
Hey is there a Kirby Skype Group? I know there is for a lot of the other characters but I haven't been able to find one for Kirby. Weird.

Anyways so yeah it's weird how few people use Kirby, mine's shows up a lot in Salty Highlights and in dolphin netplay tournies though. There's a lot of random tricks I haven't seen discussed too much in this thread so I'm gonna go ahead and start talking about some. Some of you guys probably already know about this but this is for those who don't.

1) Final cutter spike edgehog: You can do a final cutter facing away from the stage and edgehog. This means you can spike (yes it's a real spike) your opponent with final cutter if they try to recover in a certain angle. It's beautiful because the hitbox is disjointed and covers a huge area since you travel down with it. It also can function as a nice way to edgehog and steal the edge right from someone if you're a little too early on the timing of spiking them. If you didn't edgehog them, you made them recover on stage and you got a little edge invincibility. Now you do have to watch out from how high you use this, after a certain height, Kirby won't grab the edge backwards. IMO this is a very powerful gimping tool and really destroys some recoveries. Just be careful you don't do it too late and lose your stock.

2) Cutter dash edgestall: This is a nice way to stall out the opponent which is very nice for Kirby since he loves the edge and drawing opponents near. You just drop from the edge, cutter dash (horizontal up B) and repeat. This does NOT have full invincibility but it has a lot plus a nice disjointed hitbox. It's a very good way to refresh your invincibility frames and to wait out someone recovering. It's not something you can spam unless you know your opponent cant reach you in time, but it certainly is a nice bait, refresh tool. Also if it hits, it leads into a free hit.

3) Angled Down Fsmash: This one is unusual but pretty basic. For some reason an angled down fsmash sends at a much nastier angle than up and regular fsmash. I've tested Mario's, Yoshi's, Ness and some other's fsmashes and none of them change the way Kirby's does. This makes fsmash a much better punish move against say fast fallers. The send angle is really brutal but it does have less coverage than tilting up.

4) Stone's Shockwave: I have seen this mentioned in the thread, but stone's hitbox for the shockwave will send you completely horizontally with good knockback growth. This can be a very interesting gimp against fast fallers, or just a good way to throw off people since it has little hit stun. They'll be forced to immediately recover.

5) Antishield Footstool -> Stone: This is one of my favorites. If you ever catch anyone shielding and you can get above their shield, give it a footstool and you'll be able to down B into them as a hit confirm into bigger and better things like uair/nair/bair/whatever you can think of. This is nice combined with Kirby's very small shorthop, meaning for mix ups you can run up to an opponent, short hop to their shield if they're the defensive type and start something. It's most useful after you knock an enemy onto a platform since their options are so limited, or in the middle of a combo where you end up above them and need to go for a reset. Here's an example of using it as a reset!

Those are the main things I could think of off the top of my head that are really handy and I don't see mentioned that often. Kirby is definitely a really amazing character with beautiful gimp game. Plus he's pretty damn awesome and I loved this character since I was like 6. Hopefully the meta for this character evolves more because I see him having a lot of potential. We don't have much representation for him yet, so hopefully we start seeing more people pick him up. There's so many crazy tools he has!

And here's the Salty Highlights special of my Kirby:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
If there is anything that piss people off more then kirbyciding it is kirbyciding after they escape your inhale and you reinhale them. It is like they see a tiny glimmer of hope and you snatch it away from them.

Hey is there a Kirby Skype Group? I know there is for a lot of the other characters but I haven't been able to find one for Kirby. Weird.

Anyways so yeah it's weird how few people use Kirby, mine's shows up a lot in Salty Highlights and in dolphin netplay tournies though. There's a lot of random tricks I haven't seen discussed too much in this thread so I'm gonna go ahead and start talking about some. Some of you guys probably already know about this but this is for those who don't.

1) Final cutter spike edgehog: You can do a final cutter facing away from the stage and edgehog. This means you can spike (yes it's a real spike) your opponent with final cutter if they try to recover in a certain angle. It's beautiful because the hitbox is disjointed and covers a huge area since you travel down with it. It also can function as a nice way to edgehog and steal the edge right from someone if you're a little too early on the timing of spiking them. If you didn't edgehog them, you made them recover on stage and you got a little edge invincibility. Now you do have to watch out from how high you use this, after a certain height, Kirby won't grab the edge backwards. IMO this is a very powerful gimping tool and really destroys some recoveries. Just be careful you don't do it too late and lose your stock.

2) Cutter dash edgestall: This is a nice way to stall out the opponent which is very nice for Kirby since he loves the edge and drawing opponents near. You just drop from the edge, cutter dash (horizontal up B) and repeat. This does NOT have full invincibility but it has a lot plus a nice disjointed hitbox. It's a very good way to refresh your invincibility frames and to wait out someone recovering. It's not something you can spam unless you know your opponent cant reach you in time, but it certainly is a nice bait, refresh tool. Also if it hits, it leads into a free hit.

3) Angled Down Fsmash: This one is unusual but pretty basic. For some reason an angled down fsmash sends at a much nastier angle than up and regular fsmash. I've tested Mario's, Yoshi's, Ness and some other's fsmashes and none of them change the way Kirby's does. This makes fsmash a much better punish move against say fast fallers. The send angle is really brutal but it does have less coverage than tilting up.

4) Stone's Shockwave: I have seen this mentioned in the thread, but stone's hitbox for the shockwave will send you completely horizontally with good knockback growth. This can be a very interesting gimp against fast fallers, or just a good way to throw off people since it has little hit stun. They'll be forced to immediately recover.

5) Antishield Footstool -> Stone: This is one of my favorites. If you ever catch anyone shielding and you can get above their shield, give it a footstool and you'll be able to down B into them as a hit confirm into bigger and better things like uair/nair/bair/whatever you can think of. This is nice combined with Kirby's very small shorthop, meaning for mix ups you can run up to an opponent, short hop to their shield if they're the defensive type and start something. It's most useful after you knock an enemy onto a platform since their options are so limited, or in the middle of a combo where you end up above them and need to go for a reset. Here's an example of using it as a reset!

Those are the main things I could think of off the top of my head that are really handy and I don't see mentioned that often. Kirby is definitely a really amazing character with beautiful gimp game. Plus he's pretty damn awesome and I loved this character since I was like 6. Hopefully the meta for this character evolves more because I see him having a lot of potential. We don't have much representation for him yet, so hopefully we start seeing more people pick him up. There's so many crazy tools he has!

Also, i love the stone's shockwave. Going to try to do 5. and I need to try to do 1. more. 1. just has a very bad downside if they get to the edge right before you.\

Edit: Anyone one else think we should make a kirby introduction thread, so we have a idea of how many kirby's there are and maybe get some of the shyer ones to introduce themselves, so they know it is okay to post in the kirby forum?

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢

Nice job man. I already knew that stuff, but I actually didnt know that FC was a real spike, I thought it was just a meteor lol. There are other ones that I can think of off the top of my head like.
1. Waveland out of Bair/Uair
2. SH Bair > Nair (in the same sh, yes you can do them both with perfect timing)
3. Antisheild Footstool > Nair
4. Waveland out of CD
5. Hammer Cancel (not really useful just flashy)
6. Fthrow > Hammer
7. Rock > Charged Usmash/Fsmash (works and kills on semi fastfallers like around 70%)
8. Dair >Footstool (kinda turns it into a spike, dont know if its actually guaranteed tho)

If there is anything that piss people off more then kirbyciding it is kirbyciding after they escape your inhale and you reinhale them. It is like they see a tiny glimmer of hope and you snatch it away from them.

Also, i love the stone's shockwave. Going to try to do 5. and I need to try to do 1. more. 1. just has a very bad downside if they get to the edge right before you.\

Edit: Anyone one else think we should make a kirby introduction thread, so we have a idea of how many kirby's there are and maybe get some of the shyer ones to introduce themselves, so they know it is okay to post in the kirby forum?
Yeah dude! We should a guide thread too so that we can help some of the newer ones know how to play Kirby.

Last edited:

Tetraflora

Smash Rookie
If there isn't a skype group chat, I would love to make one so we could discuss good ole Kirby more. There's one for like all the other characters but I haven't found one for him yet.

You guys can add me on skype as Tetraflora.

Top Bottom