• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
PMDT knows what to do with Kirby. There is a lot of talk going around about what he needs, they just need to do it correctly so hes not a super jank floaty that is not fun to play against. Question is, will it happen?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Unless a PMDT says something or there's a blogpost addressing him, I won't get my hopes up.
I joked about it with Strong Bad on Facebook once, messaging: "Strong Bad, buff Kirby," and he was like: "Thanks, I had not thought of that before till now. *thumbs up icon* "

So you all have me to thank. :awesome:

Last edited:

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Melee: Fox da bess, Kirby and Bowser **** tier
PM: Fox still da bess, Kirby and Bowser still **** tier

ashes to ashes, dust to dust -_-

but in all seriousness, i don't think this character is a lost cause... at least not yet

let's focus on MU knowledge instead of impractical tech for now, kirby's low popularity means we still have a ****ton of ground to cover on that front

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
i dont keep up with PM but is Kirby really undeveloped or is he so simple that there isn't anything to develop?

this board is dead and there's barely any kirby players despite the character being out for like a year or two lol

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
He's just sort of a really gimmicky character with a lot of really over centralizing tools that are supposed to help with his movement issues but they just end up crutching him and anyone who can stop Kirby from using them against his opponents can just sort of abuse his meh mobility to beat him. I think the real problem is that people don't really want to invest time into a character that relies on gimmicks more then rewarding them for actual skill. At least imo i'd consider Kirby pretty gimmicky, Not Melee bad where knowing the MU means ur pretty much ****ed but still gimmicky.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Lmao Sakurai doesn't know how to balance his own game so I'm not suprised that the PMDT did Kirby better then him. Smash 4 Kirby is basic af and bad, while PM Kirby is gimmicky af and bad.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Yea Kirby's nerfs in smash 4 were pretty stupid. He already has it hard enough getting in so why nerf his damage output and semi safe appraoch options? Auto cancel fair in Brawl and bair with 9 frames of landing lag, those were the days.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby's never going to be interesting in Smash Bros. until his moveset is revamped. Pretty much every N64 fighter is a basic ***** except maybe Samus and Link (in other games, not Project M). Until Kirby's moveset is updated to fit the hardware advancements, he's going to be a boring butt.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Or they could make a unique moveset based on more of his different abilities instead of a bunch of kicks inspired by Fighter... nah, who am I kidding?

DrBeat

Smash Rookie
So I guess with development ceasing it's time to pick up another character? I've been sitting here waiting for mobility buffs since 2.5. In a game where movement and spacing is king I just don't see it happening the way Kirby is now. Very disappointed

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I bet he's way more viable in 2v2. Especially with someone who can give him a useful Copy Ability (Ivy, Samus, Falco, Mario, Pit, Lucario, Wario, Sheik, ROB, G&W, etc).

Last edited:

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
Am i the only one irritated Sm4sh Kirby got a Kill Throw BEFORE PM Kirby

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
Different games, different dev teams with different mindsets on how to balance characters. So you really shouldn't be bothered at all.
I Guess but I'd like to know why we couldnt get it. would it have been that Broken? And the fact that PM Dev listened to fans occasionally and I've seen people talk about making Uthrow a Kill throw for a while

Mother/EB

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1321-4166-0636
Message me the invite to the Kirby please. I just decided to make Mario and Kirby my best pockets.

Brooster77

Smash Rookie
Am just starting PM and am trying to find a main. Here's what I want in my main:
3 frame jump squat (I spent too much time wding with ICs to give up the timing)
Fits well with my reactionary, defensive style
Not projectile focused.
Bonus points for: tech chasing, abusable cheese, and being a b**** to play against.

No sheik since I don't wanna mess with my melee sheik.

Is Kirby a good character for me to try? Does anyone know any other characters I would like?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Kirby sounds fine for that. Another possible character would be Sonic.

Also Kirby's D-Taunt (the hi one) sound can be chosen depending on whether you hold or tap the button.

Genaoreo

Smash Rookie
Kirby sounds fine for that. Another possible character would be Sonic.

Also Kirby's D-Taunt (the hi one) sound can be chosen depending on whether you hold or tap the button.
Its amazing ive consistantly used him since 3ds and didnt know that

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Am just starting PM and am trying to find a main. Here's what I want in my main:
3 frame jump squat (I spent too much time wding with ICs to give up the timing)
Fits well with my reactionary, defensive style
Not projectile focused.
Bonus points for: tech chasing, abusable cheese, and being a b**** to play against.

No sheik since I don't wanna mess with my melee sheik.

Is Kirby a good character for me to try? Does anyone know any other characters I would like?
I was going to suggest Game and Watch, but his jumpsquat is 4 frames. Otherwise he fits literally every condition you gave.

Top Bottom