• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dude. That horizontal Final Cutter?

Gonna change how I play this pink little ball FOREVER.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I'm the one who did almost all of the combos in the trailer.

Sup.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Dude. That horizontal Final Cutter?

Gonna change how I play this pink little ball FOREVER.
lol, agreed. I'm not sure how I feel about a couple move changes (dash attack and neutral air -- I am partial to brawl dash attack and sex kick from 64) but overall I really like how he was presented. Looking forward to the 9th

Sup.

Nice.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
How far does the horizontal Final Cutter go, and is it really laggy if you miss or get blocked?

Kneato

Totoro Joe
It didn't look like it from the trailer, but did he by chance get his old 64 dair spike back? That would single-handedly make me want to main him. (Along with sexy side cutter)

GeZ

Smash Lord

Sup.
Yo Strong Bad, is Kirby going to get some of the new neutral b's like Solar Beam or Lucas' charge? Or is it going to be like I heard where he might just get the same powers from Brawl?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I am probably wrong, but...is Kirby's dash faster now? From 00:50 to 00:52 in the trailer, it seems as though he covers a good amount of ground in the training stage. Though it could just be the lines messing with my perception. His dashing animation also looks like it might be sped up slightly, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0#t=48

Edit: Also, take note that Kirby is the only character introduced in the video that is not immediately comboing another character, and Kirby's introduction is simultaneous with the introduction of the training stage. This could just be a coincidence or just for visual effect, but it could also be a way for them to point out that his dash speed is faster. Though since I'm not really a Kirby main, I can't really say for sure. I'll leave that for someone else to decide/debunk.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
Only picked up Kirby in the good ole' 64 days, I'm glad to finally find a reason to pick up Kirby again.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Kirby looks like he had a running speed increase is this true or is it just me?

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
So having played a lot of Melee, and having a friend who mained Kirby for a little while, Kirby's run speed was definitely increased in PM from what is seen in the video. That is, I believe, the reason they just showed Kirby running at first.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
i kinda answered my own question from above about wavelanding out of the horizontal final cutter when i looked at the vid frame by frame. it seems as if he can waveland. It looks as if he did it straight after he hit fox with it. im just wondering what other things will help with combos. I see that the fire launches opponent upwards and it has hardly any endlag soooo maybe that is another key to kirby's little combo game.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Kirby looks like he had a running speed increase is this true or is it just me?
Looks like I am not the only one who has noticed this, lol

So having played a lot of Melee, and having a friend who mained Kirby for a little while, Kirby's run speed was definitely increased in PM from what is seen in the video. That is, I believe, the reason they just showed Kirby running at first.
Ah, very nice.

Looks like Kirby's approaching opportunities/options have increased a little. I might be interested in trying him out this time.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I feel like the OP needs a video to match every other new general discussion

ALL HAIL THE REPUBLIC OF POP STAR

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I feel like the OP needs a video to match every other new general discussion

ALL HAIL THE REPUBLIC OF POP STAR
Is it bad that I think that this show is decent compared to other video game related TV shows?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
corny-as-hell 4kidz VAs work perfectly with kirby tbh

plus dedede had a PERFECT VOICE like listen to that beauty

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Really liking all the changes I've seen. Also really hyped to see Utilt -> Bair is still a combo. I'm looking forward to maining Kirby in this game too.

This also means I don't need to keep playing pink MK with a tag saying "KIRBY", which is awesome.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT META KNIGHT HAS A SPANISH ACCENT IN THIS CARTOON OH MY LORD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kirby has his PAL running speed, which is around ~7% faster than his NTSC running speed.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Oh, he has his PAL speed? No wonder I didn't notice the change, I've spent a bunch of time with each Kirby.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's neither. Significantly higher than Melee's. I don't really have a frame of reference for Brawl's so I'm afraid I can't really help you in relation to that.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Is Kirby's "HIIIIIIIII" taunt more high pitched like it was in Melee, or is it the same as in Brawl?

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I'll take that as a yes, if its faster than Melee's, its probably faster than Brawl's. Kirby was practically a beach ball, his game was 'float forever in that one blind spot' if you get what I'm saying. Awesome!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Dash attack doesn't go through shields! ._. It looks pretty unsafe.

Rizner

Smash Ace
TheDash attack looked so bad - seemed like it was put in as a for melee type of thing. Would much prefer the brawl one.

but it looks like it has multiple hits, that'd make it better on shield
The problem is you sit where they can shield grab without any chance of missing

Top Bottom