• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Everything -- Kirby Social Thread

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I just notice that after kirby jumps off the ground he can immediately use another jump for a quick boost into the air to hit someone, but after that there is the usually lag between the next jump.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Apparently Smash 4 Kirby is top tier. I dunno about that, since his kill power seemed pretty weak outside of U-Throw.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Never notice that every downB uses a jump.
If you find yourself without jump off the stage you can slightly stall and move towards the stage by moving towards stage and QUICKLY using and cancelling downB. It is not very effective, but it certain situations it can be useful.
Not sure how great it will be but you can release from edge jump, and downB land on stage and then release and land back on edge.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah ive done that a few times, i didnt know it used a jump tho :O It can be good when the opponent recovers on stage in front of you, hit them up, and combo into aerial hammer.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I never really used downB it in a situation where I had to worry about jumps, so I never noticed until i tried using it to help recovery.

Every once in a while I will get hit by someone who notices i'm a slow moving target while recovering and will kill me. I wonder if it would be possible to use the downB's heavy armor at last second and end up between them and stage after I release and Bair them.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't nair send them higher up than Bair and allow for better chance of recover? Also, it has less range, but either would probably work in this situation that i have never done before in an actual match. I think the main problem would be timing the DownB and canceling it quick enough, but using it to escape death could still probably work, just no sweet punish.

Last edited:

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
B-Air is probably the best move for that. I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm not playing on autopilot. >__<

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
This just randomly popped into my head, but wouldn't dash attack off the edge work really well against lucas and his tether?

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
This just randomly popped into my head, but wouldn't dash attack off the edge work really well against lucas and his tether?
You might just be on to something, here. But to each their own. I think I'd prefer going right for the ledge and punishing, or did you also mean dash attack onto grab ledge, and then I'd call you brilliant.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
You might just be on to something, here. But to each their own. I think I'd prefer going right for the ledge and punishing, or did you also mean dash attack onto grab ledge, and then I'd call you brilliant.
I meant dashing off and hit him, but would the hit box still be there for the dash attack that auto ledgegrabs?

Also, if you slow sprint, kirby will stop at the edge while still running and you can dash attack as if you were still dashing at anytime.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Using DA off the edge to help with your edgeguard game is both really good and unexpected. Ive never tried it to edgeguard tethers tho, ill see if that works... it does in my head.

Also, we need to realize how broken land cancelled DA is lol, im pretty sure its safe on block so you can grab before them.

Side note, Chu vs Armada tho!? Beating who a lot of people were saying was the best PM player with Kirby is a pretty big upset, even tho I didnt approve exactly how chu was playing... but it still worked, and he still won... like, without arrows (even tho i doubt he can use arrows effectively). Idk, maybe this means Zero is better than Armada , i know he doesnt play the game but its still the truth imo. I also didnt know you could duck pits grab, up close you cant but at max range i guess you can, that helps us a lot.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Side note, Chu vs Armada tho!? Beating who a lot of people were saying was the best PM player with Kirby is a pretty big upset, even tho I didnt approve exactly how chu was playing... but it still worked, and he still won... like, without arrows (even tho i doubt he can use arrows effectively). Idk, maybe this means Zero is better than Armada , i know he doesnt play the game but its still the truth imo. I also didnt know you could duck pits grab, up close you cant but at max range i guess you can, that helps us a lot.
Zero did play his pit differently than Armada, but I believe after that lose to zero's pit chu studied up on that MU. This will give kirby's a blue print for the pit MU though.

Also, armada + pit's arrow = OP. I mean one time armada was able to angle the arrow around the edge and hit chu who was under the edge and then combo like 5 arrows into him and in to range for an aerial... the swedish sniper is for really and they said he only plays PM at tournaments.

At low % Dthrow to Utilt to regrab?

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Zero did play his pit differently than Armada, but I believe after that lose to zero's pit chu studied up on that MU. This will give kirby's a blue print for the pit MU though.

Also, armada + pit's arrow = OP. I mean one time armada was able to angle the arrow around the edge and hit chu who was under the edge and then combo like 5 arrows into him and in to range for an aerial... the swedish sniper is for really and they said he only plays PM at tournaments.

At low % Dthrow to Utilt to regrab?
Armada is just amazing definitely one of my favorite players in Melee, and PM. I kinda wish he picked up Kirby, it was his low tier main in Melee and his secondary in Brawl, im sure he'd play him the way hes supposed to be played as well lmao.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Chu's kirby just beat nick riddles link, best part i saw was the wall of pain with bair to aerial hammer. It was beautiful!

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Kirby dittos are the worst. He combo's the **** out of himself and can 0 to death chain grab himself. That's the only good thing about there being few kirby players that I can think of.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I see, well, I just used the all kirby thing in-case that's what people want. Any character of any sort is fine. Just give me a brawl match. Thanks have a nice day.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I see, well, I just used the all kirby thing in-case that's what people want. Any character of any sort is fine. Just give me a brawl match. Thanks have a nice day.
Just throwing this out there, but if you got offended by how I put my feeling about kirby dittos I apologize.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
I played against a Sheik Kirby and got wrecked by down throw, what do

also is there a picture/gif of Kirby's standing grab so I know where the hitboxes are

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman

also is there a picture/gif of Kirby's standing grab so I know where the hitboxes are
If your a kirby being down thrown by another kirby mix up your DI and pray for the best. If your not kirby what character are you? Basically it going to come down to DI and Teching and mixing those up so your not predictable.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace

Was this at Pastime Legends the other night, by any chance? I know I rustled a ton of jimmies there. :x

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Was this at Pastime Legends the other night, by any chance? I know I rustled a ton of jimmies there. :x
yeah but it's all good, my jimmies are firmly unrustled, you're just playing the game.

i was the one going wolf/roy/falco

If your a kirby being down thrown by another kirby mix up your DI and pray for the best. If your not kirby what character are you? Basically it going to come down to DI and Teching and mixing those up so your not predictable.
thx but I was thinking more along the lines of not getting grabbed in the first place, which is why i wanted a gif but it doesn't look like anyone's made one.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
yeah but it's all good, my jimmies are firmly unrustled, you're just playing the game.

i was the one going wolf/roy/falco

thx but I was thinking more along the lines of not getting grabbed in the first place, which is why i wanted a gif but it doesn't look like anyone's made one.
For some reason, Kirby's hitboxes/frame data are a pain to put together in BrawlBox. Maybe if we bug the PMBR enough they'll share it with us. :3

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im sure you guys will more or less agree with me on this, but do you guys think inhale needs to be nerfed hard?

I was in the tier list speculation and we had a talk about Chu and his kirbycides and it then turned into a debate on whether it should stay the same or nerf it. Tbh, i dont think its that good of a move and it should stay the same, but I was trying to reason with them and say maybe if you mash out of him you should just auto starshot and for some that still wasnt good enough. They thought it should auto copy when you inhale or remove his aerial mobility or even make the mashing easier so you can mash out before Kirby can even spit or swallow. A large portion was saying it was to overcentralizing and I was basically saying "lol thats just chu, most other Kirby's would use his other tools" and then went on to say "if a Fox camped the ledge and forced shine-spikes and always got them im sure you guys would nerf shine too even tho the character has other effective tools" Idk, as a guy who thinks inhale is very useful but is a somewhat average move i got kinda passionate, i know the PMBR doesnt take that thread into consideration but still... people need to understand kirbyciding is like gettin hit by Ikes Fsmash or something lol.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I personally think it is fine. Inhale and kirbycide is just a gimmick of kirby that most people don't get a chance to practice against much from lack of kirby players (or atleast that appears to be the case on kirby board). Avoiding and punishing Kirbycide isn't that hard in my opinion and the people I play with original had a problem with me kirbyciding them, but now it is much rarer because they know how to avoid, approach, and punish it.
I think inhale can be CC which would make kirbyciding from edge much harder if applied currectly
IF they decided to nerf it in some way I think it would be tp increase the lag after using inhale that way it would be much more punishable than it already is. That would make kirby players think more about using it (even though we already do think about it before using it). As well as giving a player a chance to punish a missed inhale for a kirbycide off the edge.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
In my opinion inhale maybe might need to have it's aerial mobility nerfed. If the PMBR REALLY wanted to nerf camping the ledge with Inhale then that would nerf Kirby's ability to jump from the ledge, inhale, and drift back off and regrab the ledge.

I think the grab armor is mostly fine. I think it's ridiculous that people can't beat a Kirby chilling on the stage with their back to the ledge holding B.

Basically I think: The camping on the ledge might need to be toned down but overall it's fine. It's just something that shouldn't work that people need to get used to.

Edit: Maybe change the grab armor because Kirby doesn't really need it but whatevs.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Start practicing kirby when you can.

Edit---

So, Kirby: Triple Deluxe. 94% Completed. Bonus level and True Arena is hecka hard, but this is the summery of my face altogether when I finished story mode and dedede tour.

I just goddamn adore this game. 6/10ign3easy5me my arse, this game is what I needed It is my new blood and oxygen. I can't let go of it because I grip my 3DS in its tightest position unknown to man. I my teeth has never been clenched so hard ever since I used the hypernova, and the music makes my ears cry in joy, but I'd just die happy if it was orchestrated. I can't be any more happier than I am as a huge kirby fan, even though I don't even have the whole collection and merchandise of this godlike candy-coated dark franchise of a game series known to man. Zelda can't handle this **** and Mario needs improve his intentions in plumbing business. We have a game with a true hero folks.

A true hero that would definitely make me wear pink underwear and clothing if I have to.
A true hero that reaches the beyond the stars and galaxies. This is a masterpiece.

I'm ready to convert to kirbyism. Praise the pink puff in all its glory.

/endvent
As a Kirby fans. This game is brutally amazing!!! Every thing is awesome. It was harder than return to dreamland and made more nostalgia than ever. Kirby Forever!!!! Those reviewers can eat crap. This game is the definition of Chilhood, Love and nostalgia!!!
Not even Mario and Zelda can do this nostalgia, they couldn't touch well. But Kirby did soo well, I play and completed 100% of the game for my lord Kirby. I have two save files in 100% because I love it.

The game become easy after you play 24+ hour into into, but man is soo much fun I still playing today and still playing.
Real Mens plays Kirby

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah basically, they can tone down/get rid of Kirbyciding, just leave the onstage use relatively the same as is.

Vert

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm an upcoming Kirby main and I don't want to search through 14 pages for this. I don't really frequent the Smashboards, but if there's no other option I guess I can start. Is there anything like a Kirby PM Skype group? Something to make chatting about Kirby strats, tactics and etc? If there isn't I can either start one up if enough people are willing or I can just use here. Sorry if it sounds inconvient for others, I just use skype a lot more.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Any other kirby's feel more comfortable playing near the edge instead of the center of the stage? Because I feel safest there.

Also, if you find someone trying to chase you while you run away. SH then turn around hammer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom