• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts (All games)

Jem.

Smash Master
You don't have Leaf Bracer yet? I make one of every unique Dream Eater that I can, and then check out their moves. I had to go back and get the starting dream eater to 25 because I didn't realize he had Curaga lol so had to get it real quick.

A good combo I found for Riku is Zero Graviga to Sacrifice. I haven't done it on boss fights yet. I know Sacrifice has a bit of startup, but you can line it up once they're in Zero Graviga to pretty much kill the whole group since Sacrifice is really strong.

You should probably get Second Chance. If you want, I can tell you what Dream Eater gives it. I've had it for most the game I think.

EDIT: You should level up the starting Dream Eater you get. Does that mean you don't even have Curaga yet? Because he gives Curaga and Leaf Bracer in his ability link tree..

And then the rare penguin looking thing that I nicknamed oshawott gives you Second Chance. You can probably just google the AR Cards and take the picture of your monitor/phone to get him. Don't know if you can make him since he's an AR card

keero16

Smash Rookie
Eugh what do I do against
Ansem2
. I'm like level 30 on Proud Mode without
Second Chance and Once More
. The best I did was
getting him to like 3 bars
, then these
black orbs rush at me
and destroy me >_>
Well you're a pretty low level. But I was level 40 and was still dying in just 3 hits from those absolutely annoying black orbs.

What you have to do is, as soon as he pushes you all the way back, dash as fast as you can to the left, and then start dashing forward. The first time I tried this, I was hit once, and the second time I wasn't hit at all. And if you do get hit, I guess you could try healing. Leaf Bracer is pretty much mandatory for this game anyway.

And if you think this form is hard, just wait until the next one -_-

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I got Leaf Bracer luckily. Because this boss seemed unbeatable to me, I decided to get the spirits that give Once More and Second Chance. The spirits that have them actually came from the AR cards :)

I've always played Kingdom Hearts with magic... maybe that's the problem :p Balloon is godly though!

Dear lord there are three? Not that I'm complaining, that boss has always been my favourite character since the first game!

My non-boss deck is pretty much:

Zero Graviza (sp?) -> Thundaga -> Thundaga -> Triple Spark -> Curaga -> Ballonra -> Ballonra -> Curaga. Or something like that.

My boss deck for the entire game is (Magic abilities were at lower tiers during the earlier points of the game):

Curaga -> Balloonra -> Balloonra -> Curaga -> Balloon -> Balloon -> Curaga -> Cura.

Jem.

Smash Master
Has anyone found a flaw with Sonic Blade yet? Got it in a sneaky chest at the Musketeer World I believe. So strong. Takes two slots, but man, you seem invincible through it all and deals tons of damage.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Has anyone found a flaw with Sonic Blade yet? Got it in a sneaky chest at the Musketeer World I believe. So strong. Takes two slots, but man, you seem invincible through it all and deals tons of damage.
I will look out for that chest.

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm saving most of this game for next week once I'm done with my internship. I dont have too much time this week. Gonna be nice chilling for 2 weeks with no obligations before the last semester of college :)

keero16

Smash Rookie
Yeah I got Leaf Bracer luckily. Because this boss seemed unbeatable to me, I decided to get the spirits that give Once More and Second Chance. The spirits that have them actually came from the AR cards :)

I've always played Kingdom Hearts with magic... maybe that's the problem :p Balloon is godly though!

Dear lord there are three? Not that I'm complaining, that boss has always been my favourite character since the first game!

My non-boss deck is pretty much:

Zero Graviza (sp?) -> Thundaga -> Thundaga -> Triple Spark -> Curaga -> Ballonra -> Ballonra -> Curaga. Or something like that.

My boss deck for the entire game is (Magic abilities were at lower tiers during the earlier points of the game):

Curaga -> Balloonra -> Balloonra -> Curaga -> Balloon -> Balloon -> Curaga -> Cura.
Balloonra is the best spell imo. It always did the most damage to the bosses. I only used two Curagas, and I also used Triple Spark. I tried adding in some attack moves, like there was one where Riku did a shadow slash and then a light slash. I forget the name, but that was pretty powerful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll try Balloonra. I misread what it did so I didn't add it before

Zero Gravity's line is my current favorite

M@v

Subarashii!
Ok so this is a help request on a boss. Its the one I've been stuck on/raging about for a while now. Just spent 2 hours trying it with no luck, remind me of trying to beat sephiroth in KH1. I'm not doing something right because a normal boss shoudn't give this much trouble. Anyyyywwwaaayyyy, I just got a couple questions because I have it mostly figured out. This is proud mode btw.

Its Rinzler(Tron) I'm stuck on. Ive fought him so much I know his moves off by heart, and which ones I can attack safely. The problem is i do literally no damage. Like, I'm averaging only 1 bar of health off him per bar of drop, so I NEED to bring drop me nots so i dont run out of time. In addition, I get 1 or 2 shotted by everything. I lose by eventually making a mistake and getting 1 shotted, because this fight is lasting 20mins + for me. I figure not only because its proud mode, but I must be severely underleveled for this(i picked this world first after traverse, I'm under lvl 10.)

The deck I'm using is Sliding dash x2, cura,cure, and 2drop me nots.

I discovered the biggest problem I was having, which was I didn't know previously, was that tron's data disks can be reflected with block, which sends the data disks back at him doing like a quarter health bar. My problem here is I don't know the timing of the block. It seems so glitchy to me. Sora will be there with his keyblade out in the blocking animation, and yet the disk goes right through me, and 2 shots me.

My other problem is flowmotion is useless in this fight, but in the heat of it i sometimes run into the wall and I go into flowmotion accidentally, usually resulting in me getting killed.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Also, if you can, tell me which is the easiest of the first 3 worlds; I'm going there after this to get a damn break LOL

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Ok so this is a help request on a boss. Its the one I've been stuck on/raging about for a while now. Just spent 2 hours trying it with no luck, remind me of trying to beat sephiroth in KH1. I'm not doing something right because a normal boss shoudn't give this much trouble. Anyyyywwwaaayyyy, I just got a couple questions because I have it mostly figured out. This is proud mode btw.

Its Rinzler(Tron) I'm stuck on. Ive fought him so much I know his moves off by heart, and which ones I can attack safely. The problem is i do literally no damage. Like, I'm averaging only 1 bar of health off him per bar of drop, so I NEED to bring drop me nots so i dont run out of time. In addition, I get 1 or 2 shotted by everything. I lose by eventually making a mistake and getting 1 shotted, because this fight is lasting 20mins + for me. I figure not only because its proud mode, but I must be severely underleveled for this(i picked this world first after traverse, I'm under lvl 10.)

The deck I'm using is Sliding dash x2, cura,cure, and 2drop me nots.

I discovered the biggest problem I was having, which was I didn't know previously, was that tron's data disks can be reflected with block, which sends the data disks back at him doing like a quarter health bar. My problem here is I don't know the timing of the block. It seems so glitchy to me. Sora will be there with his keyblade out in the blocking animation, and yet the disk goes right through me, and 2 shots me.

My other problem is flowmotion is useless in this fight, but in the heat of it i sometimes run into the wall and I go into flowmotion accidentally, usually resulting in me getting killed.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Also, if you can, tell me which is the easiest of the first 3 worlds; I'm going there after this to get a damn break LOL
Ummm, you should have gone to the Hunchback of Notre Dame level first. It is a lvl 8 combat zone for a reason, as how the Grid is a lvl 16 zone. Whenever you start a new world, you should, at the minimum, be 2-3 levels below the combat level of the world you are visiting.

Now, as for some Rinzler tips: once you beat the Hunchback's level with Sora, you will be given a counter ability that you can equip, which will be beyond useful for this fight. (Riku also has a counter, but he has to find it in a large chest in Tron's world, so he should be getting it soon after Sora does.)

So, get close to Rinzler and just counter him to death. Attack him normally whenever he leaves himself open, but counter, counter, counter. What is also going to be useful is abusing your Dream Eaters' Links. Whenever you can Link up with them, do it, as it will bring the hurt on him. Especially when you Link with both of your Dream Eaters at once. Just be sure to Link with them when you are fighting on the ground. I find the ceiling to be a bit more tricky to control the Links up there. Also, when you fall from the ceiling, Rinzler will jump for you, causing a shockwave to occur when he lands. Roll out of the way. Just note that the closer Rinzler gets to death, he will be a lot more aggressive, and will love to run to the ceiling more.

Also, if you are having trouble with Countering, just practice, practice, practice. Bosses should be no problem to beat in this game. Sure, you might die a few times just to get the hang of their pattern, but you should never be dying and using Drop-Me-Not's because you aren't doing enough damage to them.

Also, here are a few tips in general when playing the game on Proud for those of you getting frustrated with the game:

1. Always go to the world with the LOWEST level combat level first.

2. At a minimum, you should be 2-3 levels below the combat level of the world you are heading to.

3. Fight the enemies as much as possible. In other words, whenever they spawn, fight them to get some Exp. and Dream Points. You'll need them both.

4. Don't forget about your Dream Eater's Links. Use them whenever you need to, as they can help you out in a pinch, and help clear a room full of enemies. Use one Link at a time for normal enemies, and two Links against a boss. Also, don't forget that you can switch Dream Eaters around when fighting, so swap Dream Eaters when you need to.

5. Keep a variety of Dream Eaters. Keep the ones that you want to level, but also keep in mind that you want your Dream Eaters to fulfill certain roles. For example, I have the bear(tank) Spirit, the seal(mage) Spirit, and the dog(healer) Spirit.

6. Keep you and your Dream Eaters as close to full health as possible. Heal whenever you can. Even if you just finished a battle, and you have 90% health left, still heal up. Your Cure will regenerate by the time you need it next.

7. Pop only one Drop-Me-Not per Drop. You wanna do this so that one character doesn't get too far ahead of another story wise. (It should take two Drops per character to finish each world. The one who completes the world will be heading off to the next one.) Just create a seperate deck that you'll equip just to pop a Drop-Me-Not (since you cannot do this from the Item menu -_-.) All you gotta do is just switch back to your normal deck after you popped the Drop-Me-Not. A good time to pop a Drop-Me-Not is whenever you start to see purple in your Drop gauge, as it is getting close to Bonus mode. If you're in battle, finish off the enemies. (You should never feel the pressure of the Drop gauge at any time if you are paying attention to it.) The only exception of this rule is if you know a boss fight is coming up, and you NEED to pop another one. (Trust me, you can tell before it even happens, and sometimes, you could just go in with whatever time you have left, so long as it is not in the purple.) Which leads to our next tip . . .

8. Never bring a Drop-Me-Not into a boss fight, or heck, ever. You don't need it. Instead, just use that Command slot for something more useful. Especially if you popped a Drop-Me-Not before a boss, you should have no problems time wise to beat a boss. You'll have enough time because . . .

9. After your Drop, you should ALWAYS buy Drop Degeneration. Even if it is just a level one version, it makes a BIG difference, and gives you a lot more time to work with, so that you can explore as much as possible. Plus, it also helps give you more time to work with during bosses. Since you're at the Drop menu anyways, you also might want to see what the bonus item is. Sometimes you can purchase some nice abilities such as Wake-Up Block, a version of Block that slows down the rate at which the Drop gauge drops at. If you don't have enough for the item and degeneration, then buy the degneration and buy the item the next time, so long as you have enough for both again.

10. Don't forget about the Flick Rush mini-game. Some of you might not be too thrilled about it, but try playing it every now and then to earn Medals so that you can get some abilities and items. The higher your Flick Rush level is, the more items will be available to you in the shop. And if you do enjoy it, then enjoy your free items.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Its weird proud mode is hard but I'm not having that hard of a Time XD.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Decided to give
Ansem2
one last try and I beat him without a need of Second Chance or Once More. I think it glitched or something because
he only blew me back once, and didn't attack me at all while I approached him.

Weird but I'll take it.
Xemnas was a complete joke compared to Ansem. I really dislike Xemnas' voice this time...

I almost never use Flowmotion. I don't like it at all.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Its weird proud mode is hard but I'm not having that hard of a Time XD.
Exactly. You just gotta know when to be defensive and when to be offensive at the right moments. After that, it all comes down to knowing the bosses patterns. Still, I had to write those tips for those who may have overlooked any of those things.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah, you really should follow the worlds by combat level order, like every other KH.. The only exception being you can actually do Pranksters Paradise before Tron if you wanted to. So really you should go Hunchback, Pranksters, Tron, or even Pranksters before Hunchback.

Ive never started a fight with full drop and it last 20 minutes, let alone be dropped out during a fight. So you should probably grind or switch worlds. Rinzler was EZ PZ for me. Theres been no boss that has given me trouble yet on proud mode.

By the way, the Sorcerers and the Stone world might be my favorite in any KH title. Such an awesome world.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So hard is proud mode exactly? I'm hearing people say they die from a boss in two hits, and it takes a million to kill the boss in turn.

Is it more genuine difficulty, or "lol, let's have you die in one hit" sort of deal?

M@v

Subarashii!
Yeah i kind of figured i was just woefully underleveled. It was just my gamer pride wanting to beat him now haha. Ill go elsewhere and level first. I should be able to man handle him first time if i come back around the reecommended lvl because ive gotten him near death a few times already.

@ bored, its the latter. Also, pretty much none of your moves have invinicbility frames. In kh2 you had invincibility while casting cure for example. Here you dont, and its a big change.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So hard is proud mode exactly? I'm hearing people say they die from a boss in two hits, and it takes a million to kill the boss in turn.

Is it more genuine difficulty, or "lol, let's have you die in one hit" sort of deal?
Its more or less people exaggerating the facts a little. Bosses aren't that tough if you are of level. You just need to figure out their attacks and attack accordingly. You may die a couple of times, but at least you can retry at the very beginning of the fight again, so it is pretty forgiving.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Proud mode was honestly hardest at the beginning of the game and it progressively got easier. I was pretty underleveled throughout the game although I used some really broken tactics (aka Balloonra).

I unlocked the secret movie without even knowing what I needed to do. :o Thought all I needed to do was complete the game like in BbS.

I definitely prefer BbS over this game.

M@v

Subarashii!
decided to try rinzler one more time before switching worlds, and I finally got him haha. Lvl 7 I beat him at, so I was underleveled by 11 LOL. Anyway, I'm shredding through hunchback world now, really easy so far especially with the tron keyblade's +2 attack boost.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As an tribute to disney, I named one of my dream eaters "Quackerjack"

A "DrakQuacK"

M@v

Subarashii!
I havent played till recently because im a roadtrip this week, and wanted to save this game for any boring parts of the trip :). That being said,
I love whooping pete's ***. Also rowdy rumble's back <3.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I have been putting Dream Drop Distance on hold. But now that school is coming up soon, I can play it if I have nothing better to do between classes.

Jem.

Smash Master
Finally finished it. Fantastic game. Started on proud mode. Took me 31~ hours or so to beat. Probably my favorite Kingdom Hearts game. I fed my dream eaters and played mini games with them and tried to make one of every Dream Eater I could, so the playtime is inflated a bit obviously and would have been beaten quicker if I didn't do it. But theres lots of good stuff you can get from them (Especially Once More and Second Chance)

I like how the story turned out. It proved (Or Nomura backtracked well) that the story isn't just completely wtf, referencing back to events in KH1 and other games that impacted how the story unfolded and ended.

Jem.

Smash Master
@ NobleSix: (Spoiler, dont cursor over it if you dont want to know)

You get a secret message after beating the game if you do the credits thing and collect the letters, and when you open it up in game, it reads: "The past will be awakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail." And then the next line reads "Prepare yourself for the awakening of the next number" A lot of people believe that means to prepare for KH1 and/or KH2 remake, and prepare for KH3, since that would be the next game to have a number finally since KH2."

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Beat the game on Proud without Once More, Leaf Bracer, or Second Chance. It wasn't fun, but now onto Critical for trophies!

I need adept KH fans to explain this:

Okay so the dream got corrupted by Xehanort, I get that. I also get he need the 13/7 to make the key to get to Kingdom Hearts. But what are the seven princesses for?

Also, Xehanort made a heartless/nobody (Ansem/Xemnas), then used them to time travel to bring fourth young/old Xehanort...is this accurate?

Also the secret message...kh1/2 hd collection?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Beat the game on Proud without Once More, Leaf Bracer, or Second Chance. It wasn't fun, but now onto Critical for trophies!

I need adept KH fans to explain this:

Okay so the dream got corrupted by Xehanort, I get that. I also get he need the 13/7 to make the key to get to Kingdom Hearts. But what are the seven princesses for?

Also, Xehanort made a heartless/nobody (Ansem/Xemnas), then used them to time travel to bring fourth young/old Xehanort...is this accurate?

Also the secret message...kh1/2 hd collection?
First off, good job. That sounds really hard especially considering Riku's endgame.

Spoiler time
Xehanorts needs 13 darkness and 7 lights to clash to make the x-blade. The princesses are involved because if Sora and co. simply decide to not fight Xehanort, he will just attack the princesses and still get the x-blade.

For the time travel, IDK. It was really weird.

The secret message could be talking about HD remakes, but I think it just means KH3 will be in HD (what a surprise)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Thanks for that, wish someone could answer my other question.

As for the game, yeah it was rough. Critical is owning me too...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Thanks for that, wish someone could answer my other question.

As for the game, yeah it was rough. Critical is owning me too...
As far as I can make out it was Ansem's Heart in the brown cloak that started Young Xehanort off on his time travel journey. I may be wrong about this but I'm sure it said he was there at that point in time specifically to meet up with Young Xehanort. Did Master Xehanort time travel though? I just assumed he was reborn as a human there the same way Lea and the original Org XIII members woke up in the Castle's lab in Radiant Garden. The whole thing went over my head to be honest lol.

And I have now found out that this game has Second Chance and one more after finishing the game on proud DX. I didn't have Leaf Bracer because I decided to use Dream Eaters without it as Riku, but I didn't realise the others were in the game. It made some of the later parts of the game pretty damn tough, mostly
Ansem 2 and those bowling balls of darkness without the use of Dark Splicer/whatever that move that lets you teleport to him is called.

M@v

Subarashii!
Just finished on proud mode. Very impressed and satisfied with this game. A little hard, but was worth the challenge.

Spoiler related discussion below:
I might give critical a go, but not for a while LOL. Anyway, I liked how sora was the one that needed saving this time around, and that riku became the main character for the ending phases of the game. Also, man where do I start with all the plot points at the end LOL.

Well first off, gushing time.
My mind got ****ing blown when Xehanort made the connection between the 7 princesses of heart and organization 13. 2nd, So hyped for seeing lea using dat keyblade. Also hyped since Kh3 is going to be explosive. I hope dream eaters make a return appearance in KH3. Lastly, I like how only Riku was appointed a keyblade master. It almost makes the plot shift to riku as the main character...almost. He's at least the most important keyblade wielder now. Sora is still the most important character overall since he connects everything.

End of gushing. Lol

Discussion time.

Do you guys think Kairi is a guardian of light? I didn't forget she could wield a keyblade. The only thing that confuses me is I thought the 7 princesses had to be protected by 7 guardians. Do you think Kairi will assume both roles? Or will Yen Sid train kairi simply for self-defense? I'm thinking the earlier, despite the risk it gives since she could fall into Xehanort's hands easier that way.

Lastly, does someone have a good grasp of the whole time travelling thing? I kind of followed it, but it seemed waaaaaay too complicated and confusing to make much sense =/

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok can anyone help me? im trying to get a ryu dragon but the portals at twtnw are too hard. do i have to pass the challenge to get brilliant fantasy? someone plz help, this is driving me crazy.

Top Bottom