• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts (All games)

M@v

Subarashii!
the flashbacks especially cover a lot of the birth by sleep info you need to know, although it doesnt get into specifics. i read up on the bbs wiki about it to be more prepared. Also, this game startsliterallly right after the kh coded secret ending.

:phone:

Jem.

Smash Master
Yes, this game is right after KH2. It's what CoM was for KH1 - CoM - KH2. KH3D is the gap between KH2 and KH3. The game does a nice job providing brief summaries as you go along of the old games. By the 2nd world (technically 3rd overall) you have a summary of KH1, 358 Days, and Birth By Sleep that you can read. Obviously it's just better if you play them all, but if you can't, it's an okay substitute. Although I'm sure sometimes you'll be a little confused and have to go read again, so many characters X_X

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, what do you guys think of the Spirit Dream Eaters?

I find them annoying that you need to rub and tab them to give you points to buy abilities, as it takes me 5-8 min. to show my Spirits some love. It is fun to watch how ability trees come along, as well as have them fight with you.
Plus, I am enjoying my rare Spirits. Was a pain to have the camera recognize the AR cards, but it works.

Jem.

Smash Master
It's cool. I like how Riku links with them more than Sora's obviously. Using 2 links at the same time with Riku in battle is like Master Form KH2 lol. Mash auto attack, enjoy infinite combos.

It's annoying how nearly every chest I've come across though is Dream Eater stuff, barring the occassional really hidden chest that has a move or something.

Is the game short or something? After finishing Traverse Town and then the first world, I'm already 30% done with the story? I sure hope not lol..

M@v

Subarashii!
^kinda spoiler like, although not too big. remember spoiler tags people.

And what are you guys talking about? With Sora's link, I ride my fat stallion into battle to crush my enemies :troll:

finalark

SNORLAX
So. Dream Drop Distance. I downloaded the demo the other day and I thought it was fun. Honestly, I'd like more games for my 3DS but I'm kinda stuck between getting that and Rhythm Thief.

I just don't know if I feel like handing Square 40 bones for another KH game. The series pretty much lost me at Days. But at the same time I can't deny really enjoying the KH 3D demo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took Sora and Riku to different areas depending on their personality.

Sora is all light hearted and joyous so I took him to the world of Tron, which is not a very deep movie, but fun and "colorful". While with Riku, I took him to Notre Dame, which is one of Disney's most morally abstract movies, with one of it's deepest villains. Frollo is torn between his religion and his sexual desire for this woman he believes is less than human.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I took Sora and Riku to different areas depending on their personality.

Sora is all light hearted and joyous so I took him to the world of Tron, which is not a very deep movie, but fun and "colorful". While with Riku, I took him to Notre Dame, which is one of Disney's most morally abstract movies, with one of it's deepest villains. Frollo is torn between his religion and his sexual desire for this woman he believes is less than human.
I decided to put them both in Notre Dame because its combat rating is lvl 8, and I was only lvl 5 by the end of Traverse Town.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah I'm fairly confident you're supposed to just take them both to the same worlds based on combat level, but if you want to do it that way I guess theres no harm. You do know that Sora and Riku both go to every world right? It's not like you're picking different paths for them =p

Also, are you sure you've seen Hunchback before? Doesn't Hunchback willingly give the girl to Pheobus? It's not like he was in love with her. He is torn between his heart and his master because he wants to go out but all he's ever known is what Frollo told him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah I'm fairly confident you're supposed to just take them both to the same worlds based on combat level, but if you want to do it that way I guess theres no harm. You do know that Sora and Riku both go to every world right? It's not like you're picking different paths for them =p

Also, are you sure you've seen Hunchback before? Doesn't Hunchback willingly give the girl to Pheobus? It's not like he was in love with her. He is torn between his heart and his master because he wants to go out but all he's ever known is what Frollo told him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

Frollo was the one that desired esmerelda. If you were talking to me, I didn't mention anything about the hunchback

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Story wise, as well as game play wise, it makes better sense to take then both to the lowest lvl world first, as the story flows better that way. Or more like it flows better when you send both to the same world. I go to the lowest level worlds first because it is near suicide to send a lvl 5 Sora and Riku to a lvl 16 world on Proud instead of the lvl 8 world first.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Story wise, as well as game play wise, it makes better sense to take then both to the lowest lvl world first, as the story flows better that way. Or more like it flows better when you send both to the same world. I go to the lowest level worlds first because it is near suicide to send a lvl 5 Sora and Riku to a lvl 16 world on Proud instead of the lvl 8 world first.

Well, I didn't have any troubles with Sora in Tron's world or Riky in Notra Dame.

Tron's boss is very easy when you learn how to kill him
block, counter attack. Over and over

I just got a sea horse dream eater

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmmm. So tempted to get this. I haven't played 1/2 in forever [waiting for hd remake, lol] and I've played CoM but it's been a while. Honestly Id have to wiki the whole story for this game, but it almost looks worth it.

Dunnnnoo what to doooo

Jem.

Smash Master
Am I the only one pacing myself?

Usually I'd rush through a game, but I really didn't want to beat this game in one day and kind of "finish" the hype I had been waiting on for a couple years in a day. Especially since the wait for KH3 or some filler game not as important comes out :/.

I'm at 10 hours and I have Sora and Riku both towards the end of Tron's World. I try to make one of every dream eater I can and see what moves they can learn me (even though some have secret routes and then the title routes) but its fun to me XD (Well, except the corny music that plays when you're feeding the dream eaters or playing the mini games)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Usually I'd rush through a game, but I really didn't want to beat this game in one day and kind of "finish" the hype I had been waiting on for a couple years in a day. Especially since the wait for KH3 or some filler game not as important comes out :/.

I'm at 10 hours and I have Sora and Riku both towards the end of Tron's World. I try to make one of every dream eater I can and see what moves they can learn me (even though some have secret routes and then the title routes) but its fun to me XD (Well, except the corny music that plays when you're feeding the dream eaters or playing the mini games)
So you catch dream eaters and they give you skills?

Really wanting this but i'm so afraid I won't understand anything thats going on, lol. Also heard it has NG+

Jem.

Smash Master
We posted on a previous page, but the nice thing is that throughout the game they give you little synopsis' of the other games. Such as Birth By Sleep, Days, KH1. It's not the same as playing the games, but it might suffice for you. BBS is essential to the game and it gives a basic summary of it, which is much better than not having it at all. Still, if you were interested in the game and have only played say, KH1 and KH2, you might want to watch all the endings of the other games on youtube.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...My AR card unlocks "MeowJesty" the worst choice of the 3. I would have liked the snake or the bear. But no, it unlocks the stupid cat thing

Edit: Go to THIS site

http://ar.essh.co/decks/kingdom-hearts

point your camera at the cards

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Problem is Bbs didn't feel as good as 1/2DDD when I played it :/

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'm taking my time playing it, since I have been playing other games as well. But I am taking my time, and I am abusing the Drop Me Not items to get the most mileage from my drops. And is it me, or does Aerial Recovery not work like it is supposed to in this game?

Edit: Some GameStop stores are having a demo day for KH3D.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This game doesn't have invincibility frames after being hit.

I'm going to put that down as bad game design

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally found all the materials to make a T-Rex...but only a D level T-Rex

I'm convinced his ingredients are some of the rarest in the game, with Epic Fantasy probably being THE rarest.

...I don't think it's even possible to make a Star level one...

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I finally found all the materials to make a T-Rex...but only a D level T-Rex

I'm convinced his ingredients are some of the rarest in the game, with Epic Fantasy probably being THE rarest.

...I don't think it's even possible to make a Star level one...
It probably is possible, but it will take hours of grinding to do so. Time to whip out the Lucky 7 build again. XD

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The music in the Tron world is excellent, really does it justice considering Tron: Uprising had an excellent soundtrack thanks to Daft Punk (and I don't even like them, but they did a remarkable job, I'll hand it to them). Haven't gotten too far yet, just now entering my third world, which I chose to be Trickster's Paradise or whatever. Decent game so far, doesn't have that KH1 or KH2 quality, which I should expect, but it's been too long since since I've gotten a full Kingdom Hearts experience... and Birth By Sleep has been unreachable because it is on the PSP.

M@v

Subarashii!
I officially loathe the drop system now. On about the 15th or 20th try of a boss(proud mode) about to beat him, and I get ****ing dropped. Came back from drop, can't beat him an hour later.

**** this **** my goodness. Hardest game I've ever played except maybe contra.

Its not even because of his moves. Its because I do literally 1/10th of just 1 health bar to him with my DOUBLE link attack, and he can kill me in 2 shots.

Hate to say it but I may restart the game in easy or normal mode, because this is getting just plain stupid now.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't find the drop system that bad if you carry the item for it. I also am on Proud mode, it's rough but not too hard. Since the only thing that carries over are dream eaters I'm not really aiming for 100% till critical, but if I I make a star rank >insert pet< will it be star rank on ng+

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The drop system is one of the worst mechanics I've ever seen in a video game. However, I haven't had that much trouble with it.

I am playing on normal after all...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Seems like that's what most reviewers complain about. Would it have been better if it gets eliminated during boss fights?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a new game plus? Does that mean to make a star t-rex they expect me to repeatedly make new game pluses to get the epic fantasy over and over again!?!?!

I'm convinced no one drops it!

Edit: Wait, you said items don't carry over.

Jem.

Smash Master
To be fair, the Kingdom Hearts series (this included) makes it fairly obvious when a boss is upcoming. I always use drop-me-nots before a boss fight when I can tell it's coming.

i'm on proud mode and I've only died a few times and I'm at the Musketeer world

There are some moves you just.. shouldn't use, combined with lack of invulnerability frames. I dislike moves like Spark for the reason it takes so long to startup and isnt that great. I tried collision magnet and instantly could tell it was bad. I typically don't like any windmill moves either.

M@v

Subarashii!
That post was in the midst of me raging, but yeah, since almost no moves have invulnerability this game, you have to pick wisely. I find sliding dash extremely useful since it combos into itself and gets you far from the enemy when its done.

My biggest pet peeve about this game is that your not invulnerable while casting cure. Thats the biggest difference I've noticed.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
That post was in the midst of me raging, but yeah, since almost no moves have invulnerability this game, you have to pick wisely. I find sliding dash extremely useful since it combos into itself and gets you far from the enemy when its done.

My biggest pet peeve about this game is that your not invulnerable while casting cure. Thats the biggest difference I've noticed.
You were never invulnerable while casting Cure. Its just that getting the Leaf Bracer ability takes a lot longer to get.

Also, almost had my Dream Eater die on me once. Most terrifying experience ever, especially considering the fact that he was so far away. (In case you didn't notice, if your Dream Eater dies, they'll explode into Dream Pieces, and you lose your pet forever.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a good combo, at least for killing large groups on enemies in normal mode.

Zero Gavizira and dark splicer.

Zero gravizira grabs all enemies and drains down their HP, than dark splicer freezes them and finishes them all off

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
My.
****ing.
God.

The ****ing bosses on Proud are goddamn impossible. Then you ****ing dropped in the middle of it.

The flowmotion system is getting really damn old in combat.

M@v

Subarashii!
^this is verbatim what happened to me last night. Tbh its not even the bosses' movesets. Its that it takes your 100 hits to do maybe 1 bar of damage if your lucky, and they can kill you in 2 shots. So its basically playing the perfection game.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well, the perfection game would be appealing if it was a little more forgiving. Every move has so much commitment and hardly anything has any invincibility, so you have trouble hurting things.

I'm enjoying the story. I was hooked from the moment I saw Beat and they nailed the character.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eugh what do I do against
Ansem2
. I'm like level 30 on Proud Mode without
Second Chance and Once More
. The best I did was