• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board (NEW challege system!)

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
i've given up on wifi because i eat my friend's rocket launcher at least twice a match
I never give on wi-fi...and I myself is used to lag.

But anyway this thread sounds rather interesting. Before I ask for a challenge (which actually I'm asking tomorrow since I can't use my Wii today), I'm just curious...since I mostly see male users on here (and since the title of the thread is "King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board"), are guys only allowed to post here? (Yes I'm a female...-.-;; ) I'd like to see how good my Link is against newer opponents :/ (I feel so stupid asking this >.>)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

But anyway this thread sounds rather interesting. Before I ask for a challenge (which actually I'm asking tomorrow since I can't use my Wii today), I'm just curious...since I mostly see male users on here (and since the title of the thread is "King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board"), are guys only allowed to post here? (Yes I'm a female...-.-;; ) I'd like to see how good my Link is against newer opponents :/ (I feel so stupid asking this >.>)
Of course only guys are allowed to post! Seriously, the title should've been a dead giveaway.
Link can only be manly; if you are a girl, go main toon link.
I'm joking, I'm joking (yes I know my jokes suck really bad)!

I'd like to play you so when you get your Wii give me a holler (or just post or PM). You must be like me; my parents take away my Wii every four or five days and then give it back for four or five days.

sasook

Smash Champion

Get out. Now.

lol jk, of course you're welcome here! Feel free to play anyone who's also interested in playing at a given time.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Of course only guys are allowed to post! Seriously, the title should've been a dead giveaway.
Link can only be manly; if you are a girl, go main toon link.
I'm joking, I'm joking (yes I know my jokes suck really bad)!

I'd like to play you so when you get your Wii give me a holler (or just post or PM). You must be like me; my parents take away my Wii every four or five days and then give it back for four or five days.
As a matter of fact, I main Link and Toon Link...I'm equal with both of them. I tend to get deadly with those two if someone defeats my true main lol ^^;

My parents don't take my Wii although they won't let me use it on weekdays unless it's Friday, the weekends, or any days I don't have classes. I seriously wanted to go online tonight but noooo my parents took over the TV at the last minute (and they told me that I have all the play time tomorrow) -.-; They don't mind me playing vid games but I tend to go way overboard so it causes them to give me time limits :/ But anyway yeah sure I'll holler out tomorrow (if it's actually possible for me to post here...but if not I'll just send a PM or something) :]

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
Any1 online want to play right now?
D:

man, too late for me, but it would be fun to play you anytime soon =)

starfire_jirachi, are you free for a match??

or anyone? let's test lag first, my internet is pretty messy right now... but let's see =P

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
D:

man, too late for me, but it would be fun to play you anytime soon =)

starfire_jirachi, are you free for a match??

or anyone? let's test lag first, my internet is pretty messy right now... but let's see =P
Me and her are going to play as soon as she gets in my game...
After we're done I'd love toget wasted by play you.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
WIFI SUCKS.

*dashes out*

Quick edit:

Starfire, how could you say "Are guys only supposed to post on this?" Anyone can post here. Plus, Queen Hatshepsut was actually known as a king in ancient Egypt.

History class. :p

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
5-0 Anonano vs Starfire.

Good games. I think you've been playing a lot of computers, though. They don't play much like a human, so use WiFi or play with friends and whatnot, but really CPU's play nothing like real people. There were many times where you expected me to chase you and I had no intentions of the sort (but the computer would have). Also dair less; it caught me off guard at first but then it got predictable.
But again good games.
Soldeir Knei are you still waiting? (For 50 minutes, lol)

WIFI SUCKS.

*dashes out*

Quick edit:

Starfire, how could you say "Are guys only supposed to post on this?" Anyone can post here. Plus, Queen Hatshepsut was actually known as a king in ancient Egypt.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Me and her are going to play as soon as she gets in my game...
After we're done I'd love toget wasted by play you.
Well it was worth a shot...you were awesometastic btw! ^^ You're the first opponent I've fought since I joined this forums two days ago lol XD But yeah...those brawls were great :]

starfire_jirachi: lost to Anonano [0-3]

WIFI SUCKS.

*dashes out*

Quick edit:

I was just curious that's all lol XD And thanks for the mini-history lesson XD Well, I suppose I'll ask for another challenge later on...right now I've got to deal with a few youtubers :/

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wwwwait, are we gonna say 3-0 or 5-0? Let's go 3-0 then. :)

Edit: You did very well too. Just play more people and less computers, and otherwise I think you're pretty good.
And roll less. Rolling is BAD. I am a BAD example, just don't ROLL.

Thank you for the compliments, and anytime you want to play me again just let me know.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Edit: You did very well too. Just play more people and less computers, and otherwise I think you're pretty good.
And roll less. Rolling is BAD. I am a BAD example, just don't ROLL.

Thank you for the compliments, and anytime you want to play me again just let me know.
Good idea...I should try that. I'm still trying to sidestep dodge more often...anyway I've realized that the way I usually dodge is rolling too much (and I'm pretty used to aerial dodging) o.O And no problem ^^ I always say the brawls were awesome :]

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
4-1 Kei, but those were some of the lamest SD's I've ever seen. And there like, 1 or 2 in every match.
You did get some great edgeguard KO's though like the last dair into my grapple. GGs.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
4-1 Kei, but those were some of the lamest SD's I've ever seen. And there like, 1 or 2 in every match.
You did get some great edgeguard KO's though like the last dair into my grapple. GGs.
yeah, I blame the lag for it, but still I had fun, you have a pretty solid Link, keep brawling dude, good games =)

sasook

Smash Champion
Havokk, would you like to play? I've heard great things about you.

I'm afraid I can't record any, my computer has run out of space.

EDIT: Ah nevermind, sorry. I've decided to go to bed soon, I'm feeling quite tired. Some other time.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

firewall, we can't play...and now we can? WTF? lol

Havokk - 3
Anonano- 1

Havokk def Anonano 3 Wins 1 Loss

****... wifi does suck -.- (played my first IRL tourney for Brawl today... in fact.. my first IRL brawls ever :o)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I've improved haven't I? :)

You were going for the Bowsercide at the end of friendlies, but you fail. Only I can do bowsercides. ;) ;)

SuSa

I've improved haven't I? :)

You were going for the Bowsercide at the end of friendlies, but you fail. Only I can do bowsercides. ;) ;)
Yah you've improved. and I've gotten worse :p a lot of those games were a lot closer then they should have been...

Also, your predictable with your rolls from knockdown.... Stop rolling Away, Away, Behind, Pause, Away, Behind, away.

How's my Ganon? :bee:

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Don't worry Hav everybody has a bad day.

I've had a bad month.....I just suck recently. I don't have the mentality to play Link anymore.

He just sucks so much in brawl I question why I am not playing melee.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for some matches? As long as it's in the U.S. and not the east coast. So as long as your state doesn't touch the atlantic ocean hit me up.

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Don't worry Hav everybody has a bad day.

I've had a bad month.....I just suck recently. I don't have the mentality to play Link anymore.

He just sucks so much in brawl I question why I am not playing melee.
For a few minutes I kinda had the same feeling after I've used him too many times today...well I guess I was rather too tired to get beastly with him XD (I've been online the whole day so that explains it.) Anyway for the finishing touch of my day, I've managed to reach Crazy Hand in Brawl's Classic Mode using Link ^^ I feel that Crazy Hand's gotten much "crazier" since I last fought him in the Melee Days.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Yah you've improved. and I've gotten worse :p a lot of those games were a lot closer then they should have been...

Also, your predictable with your rolls from knockdown.... Stop rolling Away, Away, Behind, Pause, Away, Behind, away.

How's my Ganon? :bee:
Your Ganon was great... and my Fox is terrible. There was no chance in the world I was going to win. :laugh:
I also decided to try Yoshi for fun; that's the first time I've ever played him. I thoroughly overestimated his Fsmash range.
Do I really have that exact rolling pattern? Or are you just giving me an example of what I *should* do? 'Cause that is extremely hilarious if I do exactly that every time.

And congrats on attending your first real tourney. IRL is way better than WiFi.

EDIT: And Starfire, 3 things: 1) Ich Bin updates every three or four pages we go through on this thread. 2)Brawling for 5 or 6 hours, unless at a Tourney, is bad. 3) I was going to say something witty, but I decided it was so lame that I won't post it.

SuSa

Your Ganon was great... and my Fox is terrible. There was no chance in the world I was going to win. :laugh:
I also decided to try Yoshi for fun; that's the first time I've ever played him. I thoroughly overestimated his Fsmash range.
Do I really have that exact rolling pattern? Or are you just giving me an example of what I *should* do? 'Cause that is extremely hilarious if I do exactly that every time.

And congrats on attending your first real tourney. IRL is way better than WiFi.

EDIT: And Starfire, 3 things: 1) Ich Bin updates every three or four pages we go through on this thread. 2)Brawling for 5 or 6 hours, unless at a Tourney, is bad. 3) I was going to say something witty, but I decided it was so lame that I won't post it.
1. Yoshi - Believe it or not, Bair > Dair for approaching. Does less damage, doesn't get punishes easily... when you grab, make sure to PIVOT grab, because grabbing is to slow. Don't use down-B to get down from the air as often as you did.

2. Your Fox is good, but drilling doesn't always work :3 I just shield through it and punish. lol

3. And yea, you did that exact rolling pattern 3 times in a row :laugh: so I just kept using side-B to getcha.

Havokk's starting to use Ganondorf, now?
I main everybody but Sonic/Falcon (**** learning curves -.-)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I main everybody too.
Falcon is so easy to learn....Just jab a lot. Sonic to. Dash attack > F-tilt

The person I suck with is peach. My diddy sucks also and I can't IC chaingrab online. That's where I fail.

SuSa

I main everybody too.
Falcon is so easy to learn....Just jab a lot. Sonic to. Dash attack > F-tilt

The person I suck with is peach. My diddy sucks also and I can't IC chaingrab online. That's where I fail.
I just did a 0>290% with my IC >.> finally learned bthrow>bthrow (its really fun after you get the 35% from the dthrow>fair)

My CG pattern:

Dthrow > fair > Dthrow > Fair > Bthrow > Fthrow > bthrow > fthrow > Pivot grab Fthrow > Fthrow> Bthrow > Bthrow > (repeat bthrows...) > Charge Fsmash > Bthrow (to reverse it, so it messes up their DI)

.. :D

Peach is a little annoying, and :o your Diddy sucks? Lurn2nanner!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Alright, well I'm really bored.
And I haven't played Link in a while.

So someone play me in dittos?

Top Bottom