• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of Wifi: Link Challenge Board (NEW challege system!)

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
yeah really nice games, and lol at me in some stocks xD

your Link is pretty good at spacing, I hope to have a rematch soon and some friendlies too
good game =)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Well, Ritch lost to me by 1.

5-4. Worse lag I've experienced, didn't try my best against him.

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
yea tell me about it, it was so bad i lost focus and stop trying XD
so we're basically 1-1 then right, since its best out of 3, i won the first set, and you won the second, right?

pretty amazing link though from what i saw

Swordplay

Smash Lord
k added. c ya on brawl.

Edit: We got D/C at the end which sucked but o well...

Both the Link dittos and friendlies were awesome.

You finally got to my sonic. I thought i was gonna go 4-0 with sonic tonight but man. Those were some good games

We played so many Link dittos that I won't even bother posting the results.
To me this thread is not about keeping score but having fun.
You can if you want though. Even though we played like 15 matches the dittos were clear cut.

Not so much the friendlies. We went back and forth....Such a good time....

@ Ich.

9. Kennahh [0-2] - lost to Havokk 1-3, lost to Kennahh 1-3

I forgot to congrat Kennahh for defeating himself. I have yet to be able to do that.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
k added. c ya on brawl.

Edit: We got D/C at the end which sucked but o well...

Both the Link dittos and friendlies were awesome.

You finally got to my sonic. I thought i was gonna go 4-0 with sonic tonight but man. Those were some good games

We played so many Link dittos that I won't even bother posting the results. You can if you want though.
yeah great games, your sonic is awsum dude, friendlies and dittos were awsumly cool =D

as for the results, i don't remember so well, but I think it ended up like 8-3 favor Swordplay, but meh whatever, I had a lot of fun =)

edit: lol I lost the count on the dittos, if they were 15, then that would be like 12-3 xD I just remember to won like 3 games, but as you said, it's about having fun, and that's so true, again, great games dude =)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Since you decided to post and we each have no idea how many games we played. (I guessed....)

Count it as only 1 win. do a 3-1 if you must.

Uhhh....I'll keep your FC so we can play again great games. Next time we'll do more friendlies. Dittos are fun but they can get old after a bit.....

Next time, I wont even bother to look you up here. If your on we are playin :D. I won't even report matches. As long as I am having fun, I am good.

EDIT: one more think Kei. Even if i did win the majority of the matches they could have went either way. Besides a game or two that was a 2 stocker, most of the games had us each going above 100%. It proves you just need to work on getting that final kill. You got a great Link. Keep at it. Cya around.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
so we're basically 1-1 then right, since its best out of 3, i won the first set, and you won the second, right?

Actually we were doing a whole set but just stretched out.

We could battle again later today, though.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Records have been updated. If I missed anything let me know.

All matches are only best of five, any matches after that are considered friendlies. Per Ritch:
Match 1: Ritch
Match 2: Kalm
Match 3: Ritch
Match 4: Ritch

Records are reflected accordingly.

@ Ich.

9. Kennahh [0-2] - lost to Havokk 1-3, lost to Kennahh 1-3

I forgot to congrat Kennahh for defeating himself. I have yet to be able to do that.
Yeah, yeah, very funny. Record fixed.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@Ich: Ritch won the first set, which you've already recorded, but I won the second, 3-0.

Ritch, looks like you got the easy side of me. I'll brawl you again if you're on.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
@Kalm/Ritch: Did you guys agree to a second set?

Note to all: Matches after the first set are considered friendlies unless otherwise specified and agreed to. Both players must agree to a second set beforehand.

Edit: K, both players are fine with it. I will update this change soon. (note to self - fix Kalm's/Ritch's record)

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
tbh i thought we were only doing friendlies after that lol cuz i switched to PT but you NC....
meh if you wanna record the second set go right ahead im perfectly fine with it, and sure kalm i guess ill play ya later again

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
hey Slickvic, how about out rematch and then some friendlies? =)
I'll be awating online if you agree

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
yeah, lag was a crazy biatch this time, it was pretty annoying, but still I had a lot of fun, and yeah you're pretty good with mario and sonic, but again lag was a pain in the azz...

Deva

Smash Lord
So yeah, I basically lmao at the last few pages with Havok and Kalm. I mean, the lag johning is bad enough. If you dont like lag, dont play online. And then the whole lying about the wins lol. I dont know who was telling the truth, but there wasn't even any money on the line or anything. I can't believe it was taken to such a degree.

If my eyes were hurting before, they're basically bleeding out of the sockets now xD.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I used to john about wifi, but now I don't play it.

Actually I had the worst thing ever happen yesterday, a friend brought his Wii over and we decided to fight each other over wifi from about 15 feet apart. We were on the same network. There was lag... noticeable lag. I don't know what that says more bad things about, Nintendo Wifi, AT&T, or my router.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm supposed to be getting wifi back up for some friendlies. Some time.... by Christmas? Idk yet. I'm also supposed to be getting a new American version Brawl. That's good since the Freeloader can't work due to the updates in the Wii software (because I'm getting Rock Band 2 for Christmas). So expect some friendlies from me sometime lol

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I used to john about wifi, but now I don't play it.

Actually I had the worst thing ever happen yesterday, a friend brought his Wii over and we decided to fight each other over wifi from about 15 feet apart. We were on the same network. There was lag... noticeable lag. I don't know what that says more bad things about, Nintendo Wifi, AT&T, or my router.
^This.

Lag murders my game, my timings, or at least last time I tried that was the case.

I would WiFi for friendlies though... maybe.
Ooh, thanks for keeping us updated on what you don't like to do guys. We're all very interested. Look, how many times do we have to go over this? This is a Wifi match thread for people who want to do Wifi. There are many valid reasons not to play online, and we've already covered them several times.

If you don't want to play Wifi and don't like it then post somewhere else. I could swear i've already seen cyner post that you won't play wifi.

^This.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
So yeah, I basically lmao at the last few pages with Havok and Kalm. I mean, the lag johning is bad enough. If you dont like lag, dont play online. And then the whole lying about the wins lol. I dont know who was telling the truth, but there wasn't even any money on the line or anything. I can't believe it was taken to such a degree.

If my eyes were hurting before, they're basically bleeding out of the sockets now xD.
Wifi is a valid john to an extent.

If your games were like 3-2 or 3-1 and all very close, could a went either way. Then Wifi is at least somewhat of a valid john. True skills can only be determined offline.

But if you get beat 3-0 or 3-1 and your games wern't that close, Wifi is not a john. You have to come to terms that you lost and your opponent is better.

If this ever happened to me I could publicly come on this site and say. "I just got rocked by so and so. Great games man. Your great at this game."

Remember, just because you got beat does not mean your bad at the game, it simply means that there is somebody better.

THIS IS TRUE FOR EVERYBODY SO THERE IS NO SHAME

A bit of advice, instead complaining, how about adapting and learning the tricks that got you beat. Use them in your gameplay to improve.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Ooh, thanks for keeping us updated on what you don't like to do guys. We're all very interested. Look, how many times do we have to go over this? This is a Wifi match thread for people who want to do Wifi. There are many valid reasons not to play online, and we've already covered them several times.

If you don't want to play Wifi and don't like it then post somewhere else. I could swear i've already seen cyner post that you won't play wifi.

^This.
Hey dont get upset, I would like not to suck at Wifi so I could play you guys more and dont give the wrong impression with my Link. I was just ranting.

So basically it isnt that I dont like to play Wifi but that I don't like how my Link performs with lag, I find playing as Ike more manageable.

I can see why it bothers you though and I wont bring it again anymore in your thread.

Deva

Smash Lord
Wifi is a valid john to an extent.

If your games were like 3-2 or 3-1 and all very close, could a went either way. Then Wifi is at least somewhat of a valid john. True skills can only be determined offline.

But if you get beat 3-0 or 3-1 and your games wern't that close, Wifi is not a john. You have to come to terms that you lost and your opponent is better.

If this ever happened to me I could publicly come on this site and say. "I just got rocked by so and so. Great games man. Your great at this game."

Remember, just because you got beat does not mean your bad at the game, it simply means that there is somebody better.

THIS IS TRUE FOR EVERYBODY SO THERE IS NO SHAME

A bit of advice, instead complaining, how about adapting and learning the tricks that got you beat. Use them in your gameplay to improve.
I agree that it's a valid john, in fact one of the few that are. But when it comes down to it, a john is a john. If wifi and lag mess you up too much just dont play online and dont john about it if you do play online competitively. That's a choice you made. I mean, the main reason I made that part of my statement was because Kalm made a point a while back about wifi not messing him up, so it was a little hipocritical when he made a page of lag johns.

However, I have to disagree on the part about wifi determining skill. You had the right idea, but the reasons were a bit ascew. Whether or not it was a close game doesnt determine how good the players were. I've been horribly ***** by players online that I can beat irl. Just because you were destroyed online doesnt mean that person is better than you. It means they are better on wifi than you. I admit I'm a horrible player on wifi. There's no point in me johning about it, so I just dont play online competitively. I mean, there are exceptions. Some players are actually good at wifi. On Allisbrawl, the players on the ladder ranking didnt get there by luck. They found a way to be good at wifi. I respect them for that. It's just a different way to be good at the game. However, I chose to be good in the field of irl play instead of wifi. Even some of the best players are affected by wifi to an extent. Irl just seems like a much better representation of skill, so aside from not having time to get good at wifi, that's the main reason I choose to play irl and attend tournaments instead of playing online.

But aside from that huge tangeant, the point is, it's wifi. Unless there's someting like money on the line, it shouldn't be made such a big deal that 2 players will argue and lie over who won. Further more, the players in this thread that participate in this challenge board made the decision to play online competitively. It's your choice, so please, just play the matches and don't john about lag. If you have a problem with it, there's plenty of good players that dont play online. You can just be one of those.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I mean, the main reason I made that part of my statement was because Kalm made a point a while back about wifi not messing him up, so it was a little hipocritical when he made a page of lag johns.
That was when I never experienced fighting people who have such insufferable lag..

Deva

Smash Lord
lol, luckily for me, the first 10 players I played had lag like that, which is why I completely gave up on getting good at wifi.

D

Deleted member

i've given up on wifi because i eat my friend's rocket launcher at least twice a match

good thing i can DI....

Top Bottom