• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
Is Dedede a villain in the Kirby series? Sorry, but I've never played those games so I don't know much about the story. He looks too nice to be a bad guy, but I thought that I read somewhere that he was the antagonist.
He is a sort of on and off antagonist and ally. He is not really evil, just rather selfish and arrogant. In the original "Kirby's Dream Land" he horded away all the food in Dreamland for himself, so he was the original Kirby Villain. Though after this he generally either became more of a hero or a pawn of another villain.

So yes, he is a villain... just not all the time.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
He is a sort of on and off antagonist and ally. He is not really evil, just rather selfish and arrogant. In the original "Kirby's Dream Land" he horded away all the food in Dreamland for himself, so he was the original Kirby Villain. Though after this he generally either became more of a hero or a pawn of another villain.

So yes, he is a villain... just not all the time.
Exactly. He WAS a playable character in Kirby 64 remember? I think that redeems him of his "villain" status. I still won't call him a hero though. Let's settle for "ally".

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Because DDD wasn't in melee

Ridley and him where both trophies everyone thought
they both would fit the game perfectly

I think Ridley is in sense his LEVEL is in the game
and because Samus is the only METRIOD character

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

Yes, I think Ridley will be in too. And other hints would be that the metroid music that they presented on the Brawl sight is pretty much Ridley's theme song. The only problem would be that they would have to....shorten his size or something. :/

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

. . . But he's still not confirmed. :ohwell:

Those are all decent reasons to include Ridley in the game, but they don't prove that Dedede's confirmation even partially confirms Ridley. Dedede has been widely held as the most likely newcomer for Brawl because he's a product of the maker of the game, and Sakurai's been trying to work him in since Melee, from what I've read. Plus, I think he came in at the top of Sakurai's poll for Brawl.

Ridley still has nothing to do with Dedede. Ridley is no more confirmed today than he was yesterday.

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
Is Dedede a villain in the Kirby series? Sorry, but I've never played those games so I don't know much about the story. He looks too nice to be a bad guy, but I thought that I read somewhere that he was the antagonist.
He's definately the villain in the first kirby game.

crystal shards, dedede was an ally of kirby. Squeak squad, it was thought dedede was the villain, but he ended up being innocent. I think there is more I missed but thats enough proof right there.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley could pwn dedede any day. and Norfair/his music/he can fly/metroid under repped/second on the polls/sheer awesomeness pretty much=RIDLEY IN BRAWL

and dedede rocks too. we also got our first kirby hat pic, and whats with the waddle dee's carrying dedede?

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Ridley could pwn dedede any day. and Norfair/his music/he can fly/metroid under repped/second on the polls/sheer awesomeness pretty much=RIDLEY IN BRAWL

and dedede rocks too. we also got our first kirby hat pic, and whats with the waddle dee's carrying dedede?
It's either his taunt or his entrance I bet. Speaking of entrances, you guys know they brough them back in right? That's friggin' awesome. :)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

Dude.....D3 Pownz!!! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

He is a freaking KING!!!
(It is really good to be one ^o^)

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Some one else agrees that Ridley is in

DDD looks like he's gonna be my favorite big guy

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think Kirby is just gonna have the MK sword and that's it
I've seen that in the games

I think DDD will do something with food like Kirby

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
FS for Dedede....I don't know. Would be cool if he just sucked everyone up and shot them off the screen in the form of stars, but that seems too simplistic.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
What if for his Final Smash he became "possessed" by Dark Matter like in that one Kirby game? He gets this wicked look and totally freaks out on Kirby... maybe too much like Bowser's though.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone notice that a lot of trophies from melee are now becoming characters?

King DEDEDE,Meta Knight,Pit,and Wario

skullkidd

Smash Ace
What if he uses the suck in and spit out for a FS.
He could just create a huge vacuum from sucking in, and then whatever character goes inside, he charges up and shoots them like a cannon.
That way it wouldn't be copying Kirby's moveset by being just a normal move.

But what about the picture of him on the throne with the Waddle Dee's?
Is that just his entrace or part of a FS?
Maybe even another move?

Top Bottom