• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else pause for a moment and gasp as they saw the "Warning" box? Hell, it was a good five seconds before I even scrolled down.

I love this series, it was easily one of the first games I touched on, and almost assuredly the first storyline I ever beat to completion. Never did get the rainbow sword... Man, killing the King without that was hard as hell.

I absolutely think that when Dedede does his ground-pound (I'm already assuming that's his downB), two stars need to pop out of the ground on each side adjacent to him. Decoration, purely, but I'd be upset if they were left out.

As for being sucked up, I'm sure Sakurai has thought long and hard about this. Maybe when we get some hints at his moves (likely to be tomorrows update), he'll shed some light on the situation.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
thanks for your help guys I'll try my best. when the first chapter is posted on the site I'm writting for, I'll give you guys the link. I'm not focusing on Dedede at the moment. I'll dedicate a chapter to him when I get round to it. guess I'll see you guys another time :)

cheerio for now

y3nia659

Smash Ace
This update was ok, it made me feel sad in the inside. I've been hoping for another newcomer.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I think I'm going to make a taunt for when I use King Dedede:

"Hail to the King, baby!"

He'll more than likely be one of my mains. ^_^
Same.

Infact, these will be my 4 taunts:

1: What you said.
2. Hammer time!
3. Who you callin fat
4. Aribederce (Absolutely nothing to do with DeDeDe, I just like speaking Italian.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
OMG I think my theory is correct!!
I think theres gonna be 60-70 playable characters!!!
Hes not revealing the super secret characters yet!
He will reveal alot more characters before the reliese, but I dont think he will reveal Luigi or Jigglepuff
or other hard to unlock characters.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
What makes you think we'll get his moves for tomorrow's update? I mean we're still waiting on Lucas's...
Two things come to mind as evidence, albeit a little sketchy.

1) Time of update. Released on a thursday with very little information, save for a few screenshots. Tantalizing enough to make for a great follow-up update tomorrow.

2) Sonic pattern. The Blue Blur was released towards the end of the week as well, and was followed up with several Sonic themed updates.

It's certainly circumstantial, but you can't deny its relevance.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Did anyone else pause for a moment and gasp as they saw the "Warning" box? Hell, it was a good five seconds before I even scrolled down.
The Warning box doesn't even help me at all. It's too short for my monitor. I saw King Dedede's name before I even saw the warning. That's how it's been for all the newcomers for me.

I absolutely think that when Dedede does his ground-pound (I'm already assuming that's his downB), two stars need to pop out of the ground on each side adjacent to him. Decoration, purely, but I'd be upset if they were left out.
Bowser and Yoshi already both have that move. Do we really want a third character with that exact same move? Seems really boring to me.

Chepe

Smash Lord
OMG I think my theory is correct!!
I think theres gonna be 60-70 playable characters!!!
Hes not revealing the super secret characters yet!
He will reveal alot more characters before the reliese, but I dont think he will reveal Luigi or Jigglepuff
or other hard to unlock characters.
Just wishful thinking. We will get around 40ish characters watch. And Sakurai did mention that he might as well reveal the characters because of probable internet leaks before it comes out or right on the day it comes out, so it sounds like he might reveal most of the roster before the game comes out...

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Bowser and Yoshi already both have that move. Do we really want a third character with that exact same move? Seems really boring to me.
That technique's so interwoven into the the character though!

Besides, we don't know for certain if Bowser or Yoshi will do groundpounds.

Oh, unless someone at E for All reported on it!
I wonder if there's some mock movelists circulating...

Hong

The Strongest
That's one awesome theory. There's one difference, though... as the character wouldn't actually be inside Kirby, he'd still be attackable by others, right? And turning around and moving would look weird with a giant penguin sticking out of Kirby's mouth...
Yes Dedede would still be attackable, and yes it would break the inhale.

Also, Kirby is supposed to be very, very strong. If he can jump around with a two ton lizard in his stomach, he can move around with anything.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
His grpund pound mostlikely be his Down B, yes it would kinda suck if he has it, as other characters already have it, but, is kinda like Charizard's flamethrower, it was something he should have and without it charizard is not complete, maybe with DDD is not thay needed, but you get me.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
@ Toastmeister

Bowser and Yoshi do have groundpounds.
Rock on, thanks!

Maybe we'll just have to find Dedede a new flavour of pounding the ground. I refuse to accept him without that move... I can still picture the animation of it...

His robe pinched in his gloved fins, and a stoic grin on his devious visage... The penguin monster fell from the heavens, his icy eyes nearly set into my own as he faced the camera directly. As he slammed the world with all the force of a heavyset glutton, two glowing stars burst from the terra itself. Quick did I jam on the D-Pad, racing to edge as close as possible. This move was my foes downfall, it was his final coup d'etat for sure! Puzzled, you could be, but the true strategy lay in the opportunity; I could obtain both stars at once! The evolved attack was surely the trump card to play, as I slowly wittled down the King's heaving lifeforce.

Just two tally marks did this relinquish... There was a long battle ahead of me.

:chuckle: Or something like that.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, I found some videos!

Seeing these really makes me excited about the Kirby characters...
even Metaknight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HdWolAOxLlE This is the final part of an episode in which Dedede attempts to produce an anime and forces people to work on it.
It does a pretty good job showing the personalities of the Kirby trio, even Metaknight, who gets like one line.
Dedede, the big child who just wants everyone to do what he wants...
Kirby, who can be summarized in the word "puyo"...
And Metaknight, who is just too cool for this crap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f-IJwht5Mic And here's the AMV I talked about earlier... it's a little melodramatic and doesn't really show a lot of effort, but I still enjoyed watching it simply because it show these characters in such a new situation, which greatly helps understanding them better. Characters who are only capable of one emotion just aren't cool.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The Dedede ground pound will likely be floatier than Bowser and Yoshi's, and be controllable horizontally. Thats how I picture it. It can even works as his Up B as opposed to Down B should the Hammer Jump not be used...

I seem him as jumping off the ground and you can move him left or right slightly. He would fall slower than Yoshi or Bowser and have less lag, but be less powerful for it. And yeah, have the two stars appear at his sides if he hits the ground...

Hong

The Strongest
King Dedede jumps very high into the air and has a large delay before he hits the ground, but the stars he produces should be much larger than the ones Yoshi does. You can see it in this video. (Albeit I interrupted him.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcTw7do0ks0

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
The Dedede ground pound will likely be floatier than Bowser and Yoshi's, and be controllable horizontally. Thats how I picture it.
I found myself entertaining an identical philosophy prior to this post.
It's certainly the most unique way to handle an overtacked move.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What should be his suck in move? Should it be a B special, or his throw?

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I think Dedede's groundpound should produce the stars and the stars ALSO do damage. maybe it is a little slower to give opponents to get away from the move's wide area of effect.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
After watching a very nostalgic video from Kirby's Dreamland 2, I've come to three very strong conclusions.

Final Smash - Fury mode! White smoke beats from the De's hat, and he glows red. He'll surely get a bit pumped up just the same. Not only will he start moving much faster, but every swing of the hammer will result in an impending explosion. This temporary state oughta' be similar to Giga Bowser in its invincibility... But due to the difference in not growing to insurmountable sizes, the De will enjoy a longer state of change.

Opening - As introductions have now been confirmed, we can start speculating about opening sequences. Dedede will enter the stage sleeping, cartoon-esque Z's will float above his head. After a moment, he'll snap awake, concluding the shtick with an abrupt yawn.

Losing Animation - As Dedede has portrayed throughout his games, he is a very sorry loser. Shocked and nearly comatose, his left eye will tear up majorly, in an obliquely comic manner. After this, he will fall down to the ground, sticking his right foot up in the air.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Opening - As introductions have now been confirmed, we can start speculating about opening sequences. Dedede will enter the stage sleeping, cartoon-esque Z's will float above his head. After a moment, he'll snap awake, concluding the shtick with an abrupt yawn.
I'm almost positive this is his entrance:

Top Bottom