• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
There's no fire outline around him i don't thinks it's a FS

Certainly doesn't look like a attack

More like a stage entrance

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
DEDEDE! ZOMG!

Haha. I love it how everyone on the first page is all like..."Hmm...maybe. Just maybe he could get in."
Now everyone's been considering him a shoe-in.

Hmm. Can't think of moves though.

B: Suck
B^: ?
Bv: ?
B>: Hammer

FS: ?

Yeah...I don't play too much kirby.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is My favorite Nintendo series.

but there is one thing i don't like about it in Brawl...Kirby finally has the ability to eat Dedede and Meta Knight. It's... Kind of saddening when I think about it like that.

Like some sacred barrier has been broken.

=(
Yeah. I felt the same way. It's just....wrong.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
What if he uses the suck in and spit out for a FS.
He could just create a huge vacuum from sucking in, and then whatever character goes inside, he charges up and shoots them like a cannon.
That way it wouldn't be copying Kirby's moveset by being just a normal move.
Clever, I like that. You just see him start sucking really hard and all this air, maybe even items fly into his mouth. Then at the end he expells everything that went in at extreme speeds.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
When you click King Dedede in Smashwiki, in that box at the bottom entitled Characters in Super Smash Bros Brawl, why is he placed after Kirby?

Did someone forget their Alphabet? :laugh:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Yeah. I felt the same way. It's just....wrong.
Hey guys come on it's like saying Mario shooting fireballs with out turning into fire Mario. Or Samus not having super speed with her armor on. Or Link not being heat resistant with his red tunic.

Kirby in the past yes he could not in hale the bosses but come in Smash it has to be done it would be unfair to Kirby players (me) that they can't inhale certain characters.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Clever, I like that. You just see him start sucking really hard and all this air, maybe even items fly into his mouth. Then at the end he expells everything that went in at extreme speeds.
Yeah, thanks.
I just think if he got a suck move in his normal moveset, it would take away from Kirby, and we can't let that happen!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
B: suck
B up: suck in air and float
B down: fall to the ground with stars on each side (kind of like bowsers down b)
B over: run and swing hammer on the ground

Fsmash swing hammer

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys come on it's like saying Mario shooting fireballs with out turning into fire Mario. Or Samus not having super speed with her armor on. Or Link not being heat resistant with his red tunic.

Kirby in the past yes he could not in hale the bosses but come in Smash it has to be done it would be unfair to Kirby players (me) that they can't inhale certain characters.
Yeah. You're right. It's just that I still have that memory from when I was 5 years old and tried to suck Dedede and was like "Oh ****! I can't!".

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, thanks.
I just think if he got a suck move in his normal moveset, it would take away from Kirby, and we can't let that happen!
True plus it wouldn't seem very helpful as just a regular attack. Kirby can already choose to spit instead of swallow (hehehe... I'm so unoriginal) but Dedede IS known for blowing them out at extreme power, and using it as a trap FS like you said is pretty original sounding.

Exploring the idea further, what if the items and characters that are blown out can hurt other things? Like say he performs his massive breathing in and catches Kirby, a bob-omb and a beam sword. Then he blows out and Kirby smacks the bob-omb as it leaves Dedede's mouth, then the beam sword flies and hits someone else in the head.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh, please dont bring the "Kirby cant suck up Dedede/Meta Knight argument" which is so flawed for Smash, I will now list many inconsistencies with characters and their worlds:

Yoshi: throws more than 6 eggs, can eat Bowser and turn him into an egg.
Mario: shoots fireballs without getting a Fire Flower.
Pikachu: uses more than 4 moves.
Ike: does not take turns to attack.
Kirby: can use ability attacks without ability cap (stone, cutter, yoyo, ninja, etc.)

That Kirby one should be the final straw. Kirby can suck up Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash because they are all on equal grounds!

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Oh, please dont bring the "Kirby cant suck up Dedede/Meta Knight argument" which is so flawed for Smash, I will now list many inconsistencies with characters and their worlds:

Kirby: can use ability attacks without ability cap (stone, cutter, yoyo, ninja, etc.)

That Kirby one should be the final straw. Kirby can suck up Dedede and Meta Knight in Smash because they are all on equal grounds!

lol. Pwnage. :chuckle:

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

I don't know, I just can't get over that...Even in the anime he couldn't suck them...

but the Fire Mario and Samus argument don't apply here. Kirby can use the stone, fire, and other stuff in his original games. However he CAN'T inhale DeDeDe and Meta Knight...why? one of the many secrets we will never know the answer of.

It became a sacred tradition in the series, and now it is broken.

I don't like it.:(

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
hello Dedede fans! I come to you with an enquiry

I'm writting some fan fiction on smash bros and I've gotten to a point where the penguin talks. normally, with characters, I'd take what they are and give them my own idea on what they sound like (happens alot with Link, Samus, Mario and other characters who don't talk much) but because Dedede is self-proclaimed royalty, he would have a constant psychology an I would like to follow it.

here's the situation. Dedede has met a new smasher. the two havent met before (this is following with the fanon product of Smash Mansion) and Dedede looks at him as if he's some form of wierdo/poor person. what would be the first hing he says, and are there any words or phrases in his lexis that would be important?

I would do this myself, but I have never played a kirby game in my life (couldn't find one. my local game shop is kind of a Sony fan base, and nintendo games are scarce)

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying that he shouldn't be able to. I'm just saying the kid inside me is saying, "Kirby can't do that!".

Lol when every one rights a moveset they go B: Suck

That makes me laugh cause its like he's gonna fail or something anywho...

B: Slide: King Dedede jumps forward and slides on his belly until he crashes into someone, You can turn while using this move and de execute it by pressing b again. (This move is faster and more powerful if you do it while running.)

B>: Hammer head (king dedede swings his hammer forward the head detaches and it explodes if you get hit by it)

B^: Puff Up: King Dedede becomes really floaty for half a second and then puffs up, you have as many jumps as kirby once you use up your jumps you deflate and fall down.

Bv: Hammer Bash: King Dedede slams his hammer onto the ground and a star flies from the direction he was facing. IF you get hit by the hammer and not the star you get pounded into the ground and you recieve 28% damage. Star = 10% low knockback (executes as fast as falco's blaster)

FS: Black Cloud- A black cloud possesses dedede granting him the ability of flight... Pressing b lets out a blast of dark energy, and pressing side b will send him foward with his stomach opening back and forth with teeth inside of it...

Grab: Dedede inhales and he has about the range of samus' laser whip grab thingy...

All his throws involve spitting people out as stars and have great knockback

Good thoughts for a moveset, except I would rather have him suck like Kirby instead of sliding (not that way everyone).
I don't know who saw this episode, but King DDD becomes super huge because of a parasite and starts trouncing everyone. That would be a cool Final Smash too!

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
the slide will probly be his dash attack

and u gotta have the move where he jumps up and slams onto the ground, he does that in like evrey game

upb will be suck and float

over b and smashes and most other attacks will probly involve the hammer in some way

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

I'm writting some fan fiction on smash bros and I've gotten to a point where the penguin talks. normally, with characters, I'd take what they are and give them my own idea on what they sound like (happens alot with Link, Samus, Mario and other characters who don't talk much) but because Dedede is self-proclaimed royalty, he would have a constant psychology an I would like to follow it.

here's the situation. Dedede has met a new smasher. the two havent met before (this is following with the fanon product of Smash Mansion) and Dedede looks at him as if he's some form of wierdo/poor person. what would be the first hing he says, and are there any words or phrases in his lexis that would be important?

I would do this myself, but I have never played a kirby game in my life (couldn't find one. my local game shop is kind of a Sony fan base, and nintendo games are scarce)
Awesome that you're doing that, but I would have to say he wouldn't even speak to the guy. The way Dedede is, he'd probably shove past and eat a snack. His first words would probably have more to do with what the other person says.

Fawriel

Smash Master

I'm not very well-versed in the Kirby universe myself, but I can tell you this:
Just imagine him like a big, fat child.

He's selfish, he pulls massive scale "pranks" on the population of a whole planet, he's greedy, arrogant and whatnot.
However, that also means he's not evil per se. For example, in the anime, which, I think, is influenced enough by Sakurai himself to be a credible source... there is one scene where Dedede and the protagonists are trapped in a castle or so, and they
find a tape of Dedede being bound to a wall with spiked metal chains and such. He's bleeding all over and uses his last strength to talk to his servant, saying that he at least wants "the children" to escape.

I admit, I only saw this scene, so I don't know whether it's not just a prank or something. But, I also remember seeing a video of the final episode ( or at least a final episode ),
in which a comet or somesuch threatens to destroy the planet. Seemingly unable to do anything to avert this catastrophe, you can see the inhabitants of the planet saying goodbye to their world - including Dedede, who can be seen melancholically sitting on a swing, with Kirby around. A quite sympathetic moment. I think I also recall Dedede aiding Kirby in the final aversion of the catastrophe, but I don't remember what exactly happens.
Well, that was rather vague. Sorry about that. The videos can be found on Youtube... but I should be heading to bed...

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Also to Whyt_Diablos:

In reference to his lexicon, he speaks sort of informally in the animated shows. For instance he uses (ain't) and (talkin') instead of grammatically correct sentences. Such as: "Ain't no way you're going to be stoppin' me, fatty!" Rude is the best description.

He also seems to enjoy pronouncing certain D words by repeating the D sound... like d-d-devil or d-d-dethrone.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I don't know, I just can't get over that...Even in the anime he couldn't suck them...

but the Fire Mario and Samus argument don't apply here. Kirby can use the stone, fire, and other stuff in his original games. However he CAN'T inhale DeDeDe and Meta Knight...why? one of the many secrets we will never know the answer of.

It became a sacred tradition in the series, and now it is broken.

I don't like it.:(
I really don't know how you can be that upset, considering from the very first smashbros game; it was not canon to the respective games. Of course I don't think that that tradition will ever change in the KIRBY SERIES, but this isn't a Kirby game; it's super smash brothers. Besides you know the King Dedede and Metaknight hats will be adorable <3

-Knight

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't think he'll have a Meta hat, but he will look awesome with a mask. As for DDD, let's hope Sakurai doesn't screw us over and give him crappy moves.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Also to Whyt_Diablos:

In reference to his lexicon, he speaks sort of informally in the animated shows. For instance he uses (ain't) and (talkin') instead of grammatically correct sentences. Such as: "Ain't no way you're going to be stoppin' me, fatty!" Rude is the best description.
he speaks perfect Japanese in the original.....And Meta Knight Didn't have an accent whatsoever too.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Also to Whyt_Diablos:

Yup. He had a really stereotypical southern accent. And he reminded me of George Bush.

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe my theory is still true.

Basically, it suggest that Kirby doesn't suck up Meta Knight and King Dedede, but rather Galaxia and the hammer respectively. Kirby would inhale them and then they would get pulled in by their weapons while they frantically try to pull it out of his mouth. If Kirby copies it, it instantly flies out of him and back into their hands in a single motion. The effects of the Inhale, frame count, range and the time it takes to copy would remain 100% the same.

Edit - To back this up, Kirby inhaling Galaxia and Dedede's hammer has been done before.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Holy crap... I'm not surprised at Dedede being in the game (after all, he was on my personal roster), but the fact that he was actually revealed is pretty shocking. I would've thought for sure that if he turned up in the game, he'd be a secret character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Holy crap... I'm not surprised at Dedede being in the game (after all, he was on my personal roster), but the fact that he was actually revealed is pretty shocking. I would've thought for sure that if he turned up in the game, he'd be a secret character.
He probably is a secret character...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Basically, it suggest that Kirby doesn't suck up Meta Knight and King Dedede, but rather Galaxia and the hammer respectively. Kirby would inhale them and then they would get pulled in by their weapons while they frantically try to pull it out of his mouth. If Kirby copies it, it instantly flies out of him and back into their hands in a single motion. The effects of the Inhale, frame count, range and the time it takes to copy would remain 100% the same.

Edit - To back this up, Kirby inhaling Galaxia and Dedede's hammer has been done before.
That sounds plausible but, Kirby does Inhale Bowser, so Dedede and Meta-Knight would be no problem. Though I do like that idea!

Fawriel

Smash Master

That's one awesome theory. There's one difference, though... as the character wouldn't actually be inside Kirby, he'd still be attackable by others, right? And turning around and moving would look weird with a giant penguin sticking out of Kirby's mouth...
Yep, he is.

Well, it turns out I don't have to go to bed yet. So I'll try to find those videos!

EPX2

Smash Ace
That's what I was expecting, and if that turns out to be true, that shoots my whole "All non third-party characters revealed thus far are part of the starting roster" assertion to pieces.

Top Bottom