• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Pieman0920

Smash Master
With Dedede, I'm fairly confident that we're not getting any more Kirby reps. The balance is complete, isn't it?

Anyways, I have the feeling that Dedede's not going to play in the same way as his games, or at least not completely. There will be some moves that they share (like the floating body) but I think there will be some use of Waddle Dees and Doos. :O

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME SAUCE!!!

I knew he would be a character in the game all along though

This kind of confirms Ridley for me

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
AWESOME SAUCE!!!

I knew he would be a character in the game all along though

This kind of confirms Ridley for me
i know what you mean, actually seeing dedede there standing with other smashers can just make me imagine ridley in there too. especially since now there are 3 kirby reps and only one real metroid rep (samus and zamus are basically one)

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
DDD looks like he could be stronger then DK and Bowser

All because he has the big *** mallet
and he has puff up flying get back

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Is Dedede a villain in the Kirby series? Sorry, but I've never played those games so I don't know much about the story. He looks too nice to be a bad guy, but I thought that I read somewhere that he was the antagonist.

Smash Ace
if I recall correcly, he is--kinda

But yea (yea, not yeah), the balance is complete. no more Kirbs reps for now, folks. wait for sequel.
=2007=

T3h_Tru7h

Smash Apprentice
I nearly pooped my pants when I saw Dedede!! This is gonna be ****in epic.. Im def maining him despite now bad he might be. He's a friggin cute little (actually big) penguin, ****...

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I certainly think it does

What is the reason he shouldn't be in the game then?

I think DDD and Ridley had a equal chance

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Dedede for Brawl! He looks badass with that gigantic hammer on steroids. I wonder if he can float like Kirby.
Final Smash: Annoying I-just-got-owned-by-Kirby-Scream..

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I certainly think it does

What is the reason he shouldn't be in the game then?

I think DDD and Ridley had a equal chance
But De and Rid don't have anything to do with each other, so one's confirmation doesn't confirm the other. Just because you think they have an equal chance doesn't mean that they both have to be in or both have to be out.

It would be like me saying that the Ice Climbers confirmation also confirms Olimar from Pikmin. It makes no sense at all.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is in the game......

I certainly think omilar has no chance as a fighting character in this game

I wouldn't know a reason why Ridley wouldn't be in the game

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What the hell are you talking about?

There's a little something we like to call around here "backing up claims".

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is in! This is a dream come true. Kirby's Dream Land 2 is the first game I ever owned (Tetris doesn't count). Kirby always held a special place in my heart and now both Meta KNight and Dedede are confirmed. No other update could make me as happy and satisfied. Sure, Sonic was a big surprise and I kind of had a seizure when I saw him confirmed, but this is different. When I saw Dedede on the Dojo, I just got a big smile on my face. Sure, I might not be able to use him effectively (he IS a heavy character), but just having him in the game makes it that much more awesome.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sonic is in the game......
Which has what to do with anything?

About 4/5 of this board (hell, probably more) thought Pokemon Trainer had no chance of being a fighter either....

I wouldn't know a reason why Ridley wouldn't be in the game
That's not the point. I'm not saying there's a reason Ridley shouldn't be in; I'm saying Dedede's update doesn't confirm Ridley in any way.

Top Bottom