• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I'm with that guy

I'm pretty sure that is his entrance
so stop talking about what you think it is

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh.
Right.

I'm stupid.
Naw, I actually like your idea better than the one depicted in the picture (assuming that is indeed his entrance). Besides, for all we know, that could be a taunt. I'm just leaning more toward entrance.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I'm with that guy

I'm pretty sure that is his entrance
so stop talking about what you think it is
Well, to be objective, he hasn't really disproved my theory.
That is to say, nothing can be called until we know for a fact that each character will be tethered to the same opening each match.
All he's really done, at this point, is show that Dedede already has one introduction.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's just him trying to make a grand entrance on a decorated throne carried by his Waddle Dee slaves

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
"He joins as a member of the heavyweight class alongside Bowser and Donkey Kong."

Rawr where be the Ike! Anyways, i wasnt expecting this at all, when i saw King Dedede on the news thing for mozilla i freaked a bit xD and when i saw the red bar next to his name i was like wow, cool, i actually like this, the more characters the better.

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
I posted this in the Dojo update, but it might be useful here. I noticed while browsing over the Japanese site (I have a translator software on my computer, not that stupid Google one) That デ means De, however デデデ means demagogue (for those who don't know it means "a leader that obtains power by appealing to people's emotions, and prejudices." This just shows what was going through Hal Lab.'s mind (not sure who makes the names in the corp., so I'm playing it safe by just mentioning the company, rather than making a guess) when they named DeDeDe.

Here's a free translator site to confirm for yourself

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yes, the hammer wielder section has been underpopulated for a while. I bet the next update is his special moves, or even better, his Final Smash.

He looks good. This makes three heavyweights. DK, Bowser, and Dedede.

Why not Ike? He isn't heavy. Just slow.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I think in the update they said Ike's sword made him slow.
By that logic, this would make Link a heavyweight as well.

If I recall, the term "heavyweight" is mostly determined based on the characters relativity to crates. DK and Bowser can breeze by with boxes, while Ike and Link still have to arch and hobble. Larger characters don't recieve a slaughtering of posture, and thusly, can still stride with pride.

That, and they're just big dudes. Ike's not big. Big swords are big.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm not saying Ike's a heavyweight. Just stating that his 2 handed sword(which he is able to handle with 1) makes him slow, not a heavyweight. Just clarifying the speed problem

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
Dedede may be pretty ugly, but he can smash people with his hammer. HIS HAMMER. You can't deny that awesomeness, especially if you played as Kirby and wanted him to use his hammer more.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I wish my parents bought me a pet penguin that I could paint blue and put robes on and give a sledgehammer to.

kikenff

Smash Rookie
I love you DDD!

ya, I hope he doesn't get that penguin bomb move as his down b.

My Idea for his down b is that DDD should pull out random kirby enemies out of nowhere, kind of like peach's turnips. He could pull out small enemies like a waddle doo or a fireball guy on the first down b, then pressing the throw button will use the guys like an item.

Bomb4Brawl

Smash Rookie
he proboly gets out his phone like on the show and calls out for one of those destructive monster things kirby has to fight or other guess is his car

D

Deleted member

YA! I'm so happy he's in! Who did not see it coming though? ><

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
i was curious to see if Dedede would be in... i was surprised when they announced him because this is the first time 2 newcomers from the same franchise have been announced to us. This makes me wonder if we'll see another Metroid or Pokemon newcomer in the future? who knows...
King Dedede was in from the start i think. There's no reason why he wouldnt be in, and this just proves that Sakurai is going to make the perfect roster. It wont please everybody of course, because SOMEONE will just have to be mad that "ohhhhhh ______ isn't in brawl!!!1!!111!2!!" but I think it should please everyone in general i mean come on!
also Kirby hats are back. but i think we already knew that haha

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
i was curious to see if Dedede would be in... i was surprised when they announced him because this is the first time 2 newcomers from the same franchise have been announced to us. This makes me wonder if we'll see another Metroid or Pokemon newcomer in the future? who knows...
King Dedede was in from the start i think. There's no reason why he wouldnt be in, and this just proves that Sakurai is going to make the perfect roster. It wont please everybody of course, because SOMEONE will just have to be mad that "ohhhhhh ______ isn't in brawl!!!1!!111!2!!" but I think it should please everyone in general i mean come on!
also Kirby hats are back. but i think we already knew that haha
Yeah. Bowser, Lucas, Dedede, Pit were supposed to be in 64.

o_o

Is it me, or did they kinda like, not work too much on the graphics for Dedede? o_o

Top Bottom