• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

I can't post it in the other thread. That would be breaking the rules, and mods would have my head.

But honestly people... Thank you to everyone here who demonstrated a decent level of intelligence. XD

While we're on the topic... how do you pronounce "Dedede"? O_O

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Americans call him King Dee-dee-dee but in Japan supposedly he's King Deh-deh-deh.
That's just because that's how e's are pronounced in japanese, isn't it? Day-day-day?

@ Buzz

the forums look very very different on your computer than on mine. o_O Is that because you're a premium member or whatever?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
@ Buzz

the forums look very very different on your computer than on mine. o_O Is that because you're a premium member or whatever?
No. Just switch your skin selector to "Classic Blue". I prefer this mode for two reasons: (1) -- It loads faster (less graphics, lighter code, etc.). (2) -- It expands to the width of my monitor.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No. Just switch your skin selector to "Classic Blue". I prefer this mode for two reasons: (1) -- It loads faster (less graphics, lighter code, etc.). (2) -- It expands to the width of my monitor.
I never even knew this forum had different skins. [/n00b moment]

Thank you.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No problem, NRwC.

I'm glad King Dedede came when he did. I think we've all been suffering from a character drought. I'm tired of hearing how Ganondorf and Sheik are supposedly confirmed, but we still have nothing to look at or confirm that "confirmation". I think Luigi will be most anti-climactic DOJO update... unless he has some mad crazy new stuff.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
No problem, NRwC.

I'm glad King Dedede came when he did. I think we've all been suffering from a character drought. I'm tired of hearing how Ganondorf and Sheik are supposedly confirmed, but we still have nothing to look at or confirm that "confirmation". I think Luigi will be most anti-climactic DOJO update... unless he has some mad crazy new stuff.
poltergust? :cool:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh yes, Luigi will indeed be loads different. How anyone could believe otherwise after all the games he has appeared in with distinct moves and development away from Mario...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Luigi is like my favorite character. Hopefully they don't change too many of his moves because if he loses his "human missile" attack I'm gonna go crazy. And everyone pretty much knows that he's gonna have his poltergust thanks to Mario's FLUDD.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
OK, I apologize for the tangent. Keep Luigi talk in the Luigi thread. :laugh:

I'm glad King Dedede is a heavyweight. The game had horrible balance of numbers. I hope Brawl features more characters with a variety of speeds.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ah lol I totally forgot we were in the Dedede thread for a second! And wheres our Dedede section? Time to start making threads for Dedede hypothesizing!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I wonder if he's gonna puff up and float around like Kirby even though he's a heavyweight?? :ohwell:
Perhaps. I can see King Dedede after using his 3rd Jump going into "Baloon Mode" and floating along similar to Kirby's puffs.

I really hope we get some of his moves soon (Tomorrow? doubt it).

-Knight

Django_EXE

Smash Apprentice
Take route 666 west, then drive 13 miles past meph
That's just because that's how e's are pronounced in Japanese, isn't it? Day-day-day?
Actually It's pronounced either Deh, or De whatever you like (Eu and Na pronounce it De, but JP pronounces it Deh, but there is no official universal Pronunciation). As a cool side note デ means the De syllable, however デデデ translates to Demagogue.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
He has to give him the puffed up thing, but yeah I believe Kirby knight is right that it will work more like a parasol than actually getting huge air like Kirby does. However he should still have the easiest recovery for a heavyweight which might make him play strangely (in this case strange is very very good).

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
Oh, boy, I've been calling this for over the past month. Since MetaKnight is a lesser known character, and some other lesser known characters in other game franchises have been appearing, I've been looking forward to seeing him. And I did. I nearly **** my pants this morning when I checked smashbros.com

I expect him to be a large, heavier version of Kirby. Only not really a clone, but just similar, in how Mario and Luigi are similar.

T3h_Tru7h

Smash Apprentice
Oh, boy, I've been calling this for over the past month. Since MetaKnight is a lesser known character, and some other lesser known characters in other game franchises have been appearing, I've been looking forward to seeing him. And I did. I nearly **** my pants this morning when I checked smashbros.com

I expect him to be a large, heavier version of Kirby. Only not really a clone, but just similar, in how Mario and Luigi are similar.
Ewwww, I bet they are gonna be totally different like Kirby and Metaknight because just by lookin at it, he'll probably be weilding his mallet the entire time. So he's gonna be hella laggy Im expecting, but nothing like Kirby I think/hope. Only similarity is gonna be their jumps Im guessin...

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it says under Dedede's picture on the site that the hammer is "mechanized"... I'm guessing this means it has that huge boxing-glove-on-a-rail thing inside of it so he can do various tricks with the hammer for his moves. :p Just a theory, but no matter what he does I'll always think Dedede is the beez kneez.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, it says under Dedede's picture on the site that the hammer is "mechanized"... I'm guessing this means it has that huge boxing-glove-on-a-rail thing inside of it so he can do various tricks with the hammer for his moves. :p Just a theory, but no matter what he does I'll always think Dedede is the beez kneez.
Mechanize has many meanings, I think this was only a translation of equip for militant purposes or something along those lines

Stryks

Smash Hero
He was a shoe in and now in brawl, I actualyl wanna use him, i dont like using fast characters anymore, I rather to the heavyweigths (minus mario my main XD ) strength do all the talking, and this guy is a perfect fit...

I was just surprised he was shown so soon...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

I really don't see that happening. I would say King Dedede would be as much as a Kirby clone; as Ike is a Link clone. This is Sakurai's personal creation we're talking about. You can be assured that he's going to have a very unique moveset.

-Knight

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's reppin his hood now. Kirby, King Dedede and Metaknight? I think that's it for that series though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His in game shots look a hell of a lot better than the official render, I can say that much

Top Bottom