• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

LOL ***** you have over 800 post to my 51 and we both pretty much joined at the same time. I wanted my post count to be 100 so i could get the title Smash Director along with a blue name. It feels somewhat unique since almost everyone else on this website has a yellow name. I don't know how that translates into me having no life, but if thats what you want to think thats fine. I love how nubs like you go in threads just to put ppl down. Go join IGN if you wanna do that ****. This thread is about Dedede so how about we stay on topic. If you wanna argue then send it to my PM box and maybe I'll get back to you. Until then, stop wasting everyone elses time and bandwith.
100 posts? And I joined 2 months before you...

You have to have 1,000 posts and BUY an account before you get a blue title (And be director)

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

LOL ***** you have over 800 post to my 51 and we both pretty much joined at the same time. I wanted my post count to be 100 so i could get the title Smash Director along with a blue name. It feels somewhat unique since almost everyone else on this website has a yellow name. I don't know how that translates into me having no life, but if thats what you want to think thats fine. I love how nubs like you go in threads just to put ppl down. Go join IGN if you wanna do that ****. This thread is about Dedede so how about we stay on topic. If you wanna argue then send it to my PM box and maybe I'll get back to you. Until then, stop wasting everyone elses time and bandwith.
See! You have the power to post a legitimate post. Only mods have different name colors. As do Admins. He wasn't Spamming. Reporting spam isn't spam. If you'd like your post count to increase, simply post. But have it count.

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
He also is not smart enough to realize the blue text is not based on message posts... that's an even funnier thing about it
lol dummy click my profile, im already a tournament director. all i need is 100 posts since if you are a smash noob or smash child you can't change it untill you reach 100 posts or buy a premium membership

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lol dummy click my profile, im already a tournament director. all i need is 100 posts since if you are a smash noob or smash child you can't change it untill you reach 100 posts or buy a premium membership
ok...that's nice

Shut up unless you are going to contribute something

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
ok...that's nice

Shut up unless you are going to contribute something

I've already said several things about Dedede. Why do you keep acknowledging me if you want me to shut up. You ppl are so fun to toy with lol. Also so this post isnt off topic, Maybe Dedede should be a boss character only playable through AR. He doesnt deserve a spot in brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I've already said several things about Dedede. Why do you keep acknowledging me if you want me to shut up. You ppl are so fun to toy with lol. Also so this post isnt off topic, Maybe Dedede should be a boss character only playable through AR. He doesnt deserve a spot in brawl.
Saying random crap that just happens to have Dedede's name in it is not staying on topic...

and you obviously don't even know who Dedede is with some of your suggestions...

Dedede will most likely be playable

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
I know exactly who Dedede is. I have played many of the Kirby games and I can say I really like the series and many of it's characters. However, his potrayal in that recent TV series was terribly gay and cannot be forgiven. Leave him out and make room for someone more ppl will play like Ridley for example.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know exactly who Dedede is. I have played many of the Kirby games and I can say I really like the series and many of it's characters. However, his potrayal in that recent TV series was terribly gay and cannot be forgiven. Leave him out and make room for someone more ppl will play like Ridley for example.
Or we could have both...it's not like Dedede and Ridley are directly compeating against eachother

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
The next person to abuse anybody or mention post counts in this thread gets warned.

Hong

The Strongest
Please, don't refer to the horrible American dub of the anime. Everything in the American dub is ruined, the best episodes are cut out and some of the funniest or most significant moments aren't seen. King Dedede is infinitely more creative than Ridley and could have a much more flexible moveset. This isn't saying Dedede should be in but Ridley shouldn't, just that Dedede could serve as a character just as easily if not better.

Changing your font colour every post for character names and punctuation, as well as wanting a different name colour just to stand out makes me think you just want attention.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The Pokemon anime's terrible, too, isn't it? I guess that means Pikachu shouldn't be in, nor should Jigglypuff.

Sakurai, the creator of the Kirby series of games, would have no problem basing King Dedede's moveset off of the games, and not the anime.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I was joking about the Southern thing. Didn't mean to get quoted five times. lol.

But, yeah, he still has a good chance. Luckily, no one can call the "size" card.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't think he's being serious, just joking around about the size card.

Though he will be much bigger in brawl than he is in the Kirrby games.

Hong

The Strongest
...what now?
We don't need Dedede. There are enough blue characters!
Sorry. Just poking fun of some of the stupidest reasons people have posted for discluding characters.

Edit - You people are as sharp as a hard boiled egg. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What now is right. I'm a bit lost on that statement. King Dedede=/=Bowser. Unless you just mean size. Then that would mean Ridley's a Bowser clone. -.-
Size...Dedede is about 3' tall and Bowser is somewhere between 8-10' tall

Hong

The Strongest
Me and Fawriel were joking for those who didn't notice. :/

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
King Dedede uses inhale.

Kirby uses inhale.

They must be clones... No clones in Brawl.

-Knight

EDIT: >_> I feel like playing Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland again and actually beat King Dedede without using powers; lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Me and Fawriel were joking for those who didn't notice. :/
Yeah, I figured and I was just answering to the other guy who thought Dedede and Bowser were the same size

Icey

Smash Cadet
it's not like everyone has to have the same opinion on everything. Ok so one person thinks dedede should be in it one person doesn't, just leave it at that :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it's not like everyone has to have the same opinion on everything. Ok so one person thinks dedede should be in it one person doesn't, just leave it at that :)
...that's nice...

the point is some people purposely go into support threads to start "Flame" wars against supporters...

they aren't stating their opinion, their hatin' on others opinions

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We must tell them the truth so they won't be disappointed when they play Brawl and find out Dedede is in. We're just softening that inevitable blow.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
About the size issue, King Dedede has gone from almost twice Kirby's height to almost thrice Kirby's height in the Kirby games. Keeping this proportions, that would make King Dedede about Bowser's height or one and a half Bowser's height...But they'd probably go with a little shorter than Bowser.

Anyway...King Dedede for SSBB. <_< >_>

Hong

The Strongest
It's not that I'm against people having another opinion, it's just when they don't have a real reason for disliking a character. Simple things like "he should be an AT", "he sucks" or "he's gay" is just annoying.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not that I'm against people having another opinion, it's just when they don't have a real reason for disliking a character. Simple things like "he should be an AT", "he sucks" or "he's gay" is just annoying.
That's exactly what people were doing to the Dedede thread...

except no one has said Dedede was gay yet to my knowledge...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
that was great Fawriel. i was watching the whole thing.

yeah seriously, don't listen to this guy. his last location was seriously "whatever is to the right of this, don't listen to it"

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
Since he's all the way up there on Sakurai's poll (and planned to be in before), he's a near safe guarantee for Brawl. We just have to wait a while for him to show up.

Anyway, here's how his moves could be set up. Upon checking him out in Kirby Super Star, I've found a more understandable movelist for Dedede.

Standard Special: Swallow & Spit

Sucks 'em in...

Got 'em...

And...SPIT!

Side Special: Sumo King

His patented body slam technique

Up Special: High Jump

Charge it up a bit, and JUMP!

Crashing down!

Down Special: Hammer Slam

Just like that!

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
Bump. Dedede needs some more love here.

Also, why does everyone think that he has to be a Kirby or Ice Climber clone? He has a lot of potential to be unique. His A attacks don't all have to be the hammer (he wouldn't have it out all the time); don't forget he can potentially box or sumo.

And the only things he shares with Kirby are the inhaling and the floating, and even then those are radically different. His inhaling does not involve copying, it's just a fancy throw. And the floating is more like... slowly falling and rising, not Kirby's patented flying.

Dedede is a shoe-in, and most certainly 100% original. And WILL be there.

Top Bottom