• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Does anyone have an idea for a King Dedede B (In the least) moveset?

B: Penguin Hammer - Can be hit rapidly for multiple smashes, or charged, where it becomes twice it's size to attack foe. Lots of knock back.

B>: Swallow - Eats fow, and can chew to cause damage, or spit back out as a throw.

Bv: Penguin Smash - Jumps into the air then slams the floor. The ground shakes and if enemy is close enough, they are stunned.

B^: Penguin Dive- Makes a small leap in the air and then dive into the ground. Kinda like in the boxing ring in Kirby Superstar.

I've seen better ones...but thats one I just pulled out of my arse.

Hong

The Strongest
xD For King Dedede, it's not an issue of trying to think of a moveset, but which moves to choose! To many options.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
AS far as I'm concerned, King Dedede is already in Brawl. Anyone who doubts him needs to be beat upside the head until they stop being retarted.

-Johnknight1

Hong

The Strongest
xD Yeah. He's probably the closest to being confirmed character on the polls.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IMO he is the closest to confirmed, for sure. Anyone who thinks he has little chance is retarted. Period. Might as well change the headline to "Dedede confirmed in Brawl", because we all know it's going to happen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope King Dedede is an Assist Trophy.
WEll too bad, he's as close as confirmed as you can get. Well...maybe Diddy Kong was closer, but it doesn't matter, he's all but confirmed. He's ten times more important than Meta Knight, and look at him. He's in Brawl. Face it, if Dedede isn't in Brawl, then it's obvous that Brawl will be a FPS.

:laugh:

Your mean...there was no point in saying that
Well he's wrong, so ha! I'll bet my life, mother, sister, cat, computer, Brawl reservation, speakers, plate, pizza, soul, and the Wii I own that he's in Brawl. Seriously. :chuckle:

Hong

The Strongest
I will make one only if there is doubt. If you've seen any of my other movesets, you'll know it's beyond easy. :p

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I dunno why I haven't subscribed to this earlier! King Dedede's one of my favorite villains... mainly because he's dumber than Bowser, and that's pretty low on the IQ charts.

Also because he speaks with a Southern Accent... wtf?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno why I haven't subscribed to this earlier! King Dedede's one of my favorite villains... mainly because he's dumber than Bowser, and that's pretty low on the IQ charts.

Ooh, your basing off the anime...bad move...

Hong

The Strongest

OH GOD NO. PLEASE. DON'T BRING UP THE AMERICAN DUB.

MY BRAIN SCREAMS LIKE A THOUSAND AND ONE HORRORS FROM BEYOND THE DEEP! D;

Edit - Okay. I got over it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtUMF1KMKAU
Just watch this. The horrible English dub can't even compare to the original.
Not only did 4kids ruin Nintendo's 10 million operation to make Kirby the next Pikachu, but they took away King Dedede's trademark "-zoi!" which follows nearly every sentence of his in the Japanese version. 4 shame!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land

you know, because of these things, i am glad that Brawl (obviously) don't support voice acting....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

LMFAO, HILARIOUS! Gotta love it! XD

Anyone who doubts him, I'll make a bet against ya'. If King Dedede is NOT in Brawl, I'll cut off my left arm, and give it to you. [I'm left handed btw] If he's in Brawl, then I'll let one of these Dedede nuts make a SUPER PRO-Dedede people make you a sig. HEHE...that's how confident I am! :)

And silver777, hate to break it to you, but Sakurai plans to include more voice, with maybe the exception of the Zelda series and Metroid. So....be warned! :p

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lol who honestly even thinks that King Dedede won't be playable? As for the voice acting I honestly cannot stand the VA in the Kirby Anime; King Dedede and Metaknight's voices make me cringe. I'd be fine with JPN voice actors.

-Knight

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
I'm just trying to get my post count up so my name can be blue. Brawl section is the easiest place to spam without getting caught.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well I just hope Pokemon Trainer doesn't talk... >_> What would they do, give him Ash's voice? *cringes* XD

I don't think King Dedede would get that voice though... What kind of sounds does he make in the games? I played Kirby 64 and if I recall he was silent. I think he's best that way.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Ughth I hate the accent and the horrible southern speak in the entire anime. that and the fact that the episodes were stupid. I like the adorable DEdEdE from the original games.

I hope this Dedede makes it to brawl.

Well I just hope Pokemon Trainer doesn't talk... >_> What would they do, give him Ash's voice? *cringes* XD
I agree Indefinitly Andrew but if they did give him a voice he should just say things like "go", "attack" and the like. Having him name every freakin attack would be twice as annoying as hearing pikachu repeatedly say pika after each attack. But if it's Ash's voice they give him, then none of it matters then (I will cry)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ughth I hate the accent and the horrible southern speak in the entire anime. that and the fact that the episodes were stupid. I like the adorable DEdEdE from the original games.

I hope this Dedede makes it to brawl.
AH...he's sooooo kewt!!!!! <3!

Hong

The Strongest
His Japanese voice actor would serve him well. He just needs to give the occasional grunt noises like the rest of the cast.

Though unfortunately, I checked the voice actor profile for the Japanese version of the anime and he's not listed as doing voices for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Though he could just be asked to keep it a secret, unlike Pit and Meta Knight's voice actors.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm just trying to get my post count up so my name can be blue. Brawl section is the easiest place to spam without getting caught.
heh... i wonder if he got away with that, and out of curiosity how many posts do you need to get a blue name, anyone?
I'll have to get spamming more, signed up for nearly a year only 100 or so posts

Back on topic: Dedede has to be the least villain looking villain ive ever seen, especially as he appears in the melee trophy, hope he looks more like he does in the games.

Edit: Reply to the above poster:
Ofcourse their going to keep his voice actor a secret until he's confirmed as a playable

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
that's your life's goal...your a pathetic worthless *******...

Wow you must be a loser

I SWEAR that deserves a flame...hell, he deserves a report

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
oh God no. There WILL be characters talking?!

.... i died a little inside.....

:(:(:(
Don't worry, Fox and Falco will sound bad a**, Bowser will pwn, Diddy will rock, Captain Falcon will show us his moves [not his b***s! :laugh:], etc. Hopefully Mewtwo's voice won't suck again...his movie voice rocked. But don't worry, he could go voiceless, since Kirby will probably go voiceless. Even if he had a voice, he could get a new voice, that fits him.

I don't think King Dedede would get that voice though... What kind of sounds does he make in the games? I played Kirby 64 and if I recall he was silent. I think he's best that way.
Pokémon Trainer's won't have a voice. Instead, it will feature some kid yelling "I Choose you, ____________", his Pokémon making their usual nosies, and him crying like a baby in the background! XD If Dedede gets a voice, I have a feeling it will be a new or semi-new one. If Sakurai was aware of his English voice, he'd slap the guy [though it was not that bad IMO], and he'd totally get the guy who does Snake's vocie [David Hayter]. That way Dedede can be a cigarettee smoking, trash-talking, CQC master bada**! :laugh:

And you get your name blue by being a "Smash Director", or being someone who hosts Super Smash Bros. tournaments, or being a "Smash Debator" I believe. So stop spamming, because you have to get real good at debating, or you have to host tournaments! XD

Hong

The Strongest
heh... i wonder if he got away with that, and out of curiosity how many posts do you need to get a blue name, anyone?
I'll have to get spamming more, signed up for nearly a year only 100 or so posts

Back on topic: Dedede has to be the least villain looking villain ive ever seen, especially as he appears in the melee trophy, hope he looks more like he does in the games.

Edit: Reply to the above poster:
Ofcourse their going to keep his voice actor a secret until he's confirmed as a playable
They've slipped up before. After enough people catch it, Nintendo finds out and has it taken down, though. Like the Havok Engine website.

King Dedede isn't really a villian. Like Meta Knight, he is always just on the opposite side of Kirby. xD He has also been posessed by Dark Matter more than once. King Dedede is just a greedy lil' penguin. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've slipped up before. After enough people catch it, Nintendo finds out and has it taken down, though. Like the Havok Engine website.

King Dedede isn't really a villian. Like Meta Knight, he is always just on the opposite side of Kirby. xD He has also been posessed by Dark Matter more than once. King Dedede is just a greedy lil' penguin. :p
He may be greedy but he still looks out for the best interest of his kingdom when it is threatened by an outside force...like family

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
that's your life's goal...your a pathetic worthless *******...

Wow you must be a loser

I SWEAR that deserves a flame...hell, he deserves a report

LOL by posting that you put yourself in the same boat as me. A random guy who is spamming or posting off topic in a Brawl thread. Go ahead and snitch you fuking pussie. And just to make sure I'm still on topic, Dedede is ugly as hell.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

LOL by posting that you put yourself in the same boat as me. A random guy who is spamming or posting off topic in a Brawl thread. Go ahead and snitch you fuking pussie. And just to make sure I'm still on topic, Dedede is ugly as hell.
Wow your stupid

at least I have a life out of this forum and I don't give a **** what my post count is

Apparently your also a sexist ******* too...

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord

Hah. Please do us a favor and go away. If your posting just to increase your post count, I suggest that you go over to Gamefaqs. They love that kind of thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hah. Please do us a favor and go away. If your posting just to increase your post count, I suggest that you go over to Gamefaqs. They love that kind of thing.
He also is not smart enough to realize the blue text is not based on message posts... that's an even funnier thing about it

Raikou-

Smash Apprentice
Wow your stupid

at least I have a life out of this forum and I don't give a **** what my post count is

Apparently your also a sexist ******* too...

LOL ***** you have over 800 post to my 51 and we both pretty much joined at the same time. I wanted my post count to be 100 so i could get the title Smash Director along with a blue name. It feels somewhat unique since almost everyone else on this website has a yellow name. I don't know how that translates into me having no life, but if thats what you want to think thats fine. I love how nubs like you go in threads just to put ppl down. Go join IGN if you wanna do that ****. This thread is about Dedede so how about we stay on topic. If you wanna argue then send it to my PM box and maybe I'll get back to you. Until then, stop wasting everyone elses time and bandwith.

Top Bottom