• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like the MS but I think his UpB should have a similar arc as well. Slighly lower than kirby's but further, (almost like a short hop fair with DK.) His DownB should also have the ability to pause in the air at the peak and shift horizontally (a little further than bowser moves at the top of his jump) but it's slower and controlled. I could work as a good survival too is he had the slight hop into the slam even when he's off the ground to begin with.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede is one of my favorite villians,It would be great if he got in Brawl

Charley W

Smash Rookie
I love the coherence between the above moveset and DeDeDe's actions in the game. Fantastic!

Salaad

Smash Ace
I imagined he would use his Hammer/Mallet like Ice Climbers. I really want to see him in Brawl since he's the most requestes character I guess.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
So far, Sakurai seems content in adding one new character per franchise... With Meta Knight's inclusion, and following that pattern, we may not see Dedede. Of course, that leaves LoZ as the only major franchise without a new addition...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
So far, Sakurai seems content in adding one new character per franchise... With Meta Knight's inclusion, and following that pattern, we may not see Dedede. Of course, that leaves LoZ as the only major franchise without a new addition...
-__- awful theory. I mean your basing it off of nothing really. I mean I'm pretty sure King Dedede was one of the most(if not top) requested character on the poll.

omg snake didn't have an update yet I guess he's not in /roll

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman

you forgot Starfox... it also has yet to see a new Brawl character... also, Metroid if you count Samus/Zamus as just 1 character...

also, I don't think that theory is correct, it doesn't have to be 1 newcomer per franchise, nobody said Sakurai was, or has to play by that rule.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ah, much more support than the last time I posted (page 5), and it seems most everyone has accepted the fact that Dedede is just being kept secret for now. :)

I actually believe that Dedede will be confirmed quite soon, and Meta Knight will be placed on unlockable status. But since Sakurai is humble, he might wait for a while before he updates for his own series... This might be Sakurai's last time working with his creations, so you bet he will have made the most of it...

Hong

The Strongest
But still. Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede is like Zelda, Link and Ganon or Mario and Luigi. Meta Knight has often been King Dedede's personal knight and appeared in less games. That and Dedede is the more prominant rival. You can't put in Meta Knight then not put in King Dedede. He's not confirmed, but that's really a sick joke in my mind.

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
King Dedede and Ridley are major villains in their franchises. We can see Bowser and Charizard are playable so Ridley shouldn't have the "too big" excuse. And King Dedede has so much personality it would be a shame to make him merely a boss.

These two deserve to be playable!

I can see enemies like Andross, Dark Matter, and Kraid being bosses though. Because they really ARE unable to be shrunk into a roster size.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede better be in...

Fav Character from the kirby series...

Brings back memories of Dreamland 2...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
King Dedede falls under the Bowser factor, he's just too important to be a boss only.

So many fans would be dissapointed if he was I mean for gods sake he was the highest ranked character on the poll

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I so hope he gets into Brawl. It would be a dream come true to beable to play as him. Strangely enough, I have always picture DeDeDe as a light weight large character who is quick and strong. Problem is that would probably cause him to be low tier so its probably not a good idea.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
The fact he hasn't been in a smash as a playable yet is some kind of sick divine joke, he was made to be in.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is one of those characters you kinda expected to me in the LAST smash bros game, but wasn't, along with characters like Wario, Diddy Kong, Ridley and Wolf. Out of this list, since two of these have already been confirmed as playable hopefully the rest should follow suit.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Dedede is one of those characters you kinda expected to me in the LAST smash bros game, but wasn't, along with characters like Wario, Diddy Kong, Ridley and Wolf. Out of this list, since two of these have already been confirmed as playable hopefully the rest should follow suit.
That pretty much is the case. I think the reason why King Dedede or Metaknight were not in SSBM was that Sakurai was being modest with his own series.

EDIT:

I would absolutely drool if SSBB had a remix of King Dedede's Boss theme; it's so epic.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Ditto that.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The Fat Penguin should make it in. If he doesn't, who's going to take that role? Rosie O'Donnel?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I don't do this very often but, being one of the few characters I truly want to be in this game, I'm going to have to bump this thread.

Can't forget the Dedede. :/

King Dedede for SSBB~

BTW, this was on the ninth page. :/ :\

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't do this very often but, being one of the few characters I truly want to be in this game, I'm going to have to bump this thread.

Can't forget the Dedede. :/

King Dedede for SSBB~

BTW, this was on the ninth page. :/ :\
oh course. this is one of those threads that has to be on the first page. i mean for such a popular character, he's not getting any support

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah Colbus... 'cause Dedede doesn't need Support.

Unlike Ridley.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've always supported him.

I wanted him in a long time ago... He just seems like a perfect fit for the Smash Bros. series. Kind of like Isaac. XD

I just hope he doesn't end up being a stupid boss... -_- Having Kirby and Metaknight as playable, but not King Dedede wouldn't feel right.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I honestly hardly have any doubts about King Dedede not being playable. It's more like.."When am I going to get my King Dedede update page".

Metaknight would of not been playable if King Dedede wasn't.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have an idea for a King Dedede B (In the least) moveset?

Top Bottom