• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, why does everyone think that he has to be a Kirby or Ice Climber clone?
People like that should just be ignored.

I mean.

Someone said Sonic would be a Jigglypuff clone.

Because of Rollout.

I'm still trying to comprehend that one.

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
People like that should just be ignored.

I mean.

Someone said Sonic would be a Jigglypuff clone.

Because of Rollout.

I'm still trying to comprehend that one.
Really? All because of one attack? That's interesting...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Bump. Dedede needs some more love here.

Also, why does everyone think that he has to be a Kirby or Ice Climber clone? He has a lot of potential to be unique. His A attacks don't all have to be the hammer (he wouldn't have it out all the time); don't forget he can potentially box or sumo.
Because King Dedede will be an Ice Climber Clone. Just like Marth was a Link Clone in Melee. Seriously though, people don't have a good argument as to why King Dedede shouldn't be in Brawl so they will make up anything for arguments sake.

I'm just waiting for his update on the Dojo to see what moves Sakurai will incorporate into his moveset. King Dedede has the highest chance of any newcomer(He's in).

-Knight

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
Because King Dedede will be an Ice Climber Clone. Just like Marth was a Link Clone in Melee. Seriously though, people don't have a good argument as to why King Dedede shouldn't be in Brawl so they will make up anything for arguments sake.

I'm just waiting for his update on the Dojo to see what moves Sakurai will incorporate into his moveset. King Dedede has the highest chance of any newcomer(He's in).

-Knight
Yeah, he's all the way up there on Sakurai's poll, so he's just about as good as practically confirmed already. His introduction's all we need to wait on. In this case, patience really is a virtue.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, the hammer Kirby uses for his hammer ability, the one King Dedede uses, and the one Bonkers (the gorilla-looking enemy you get the hammer ability from) uses are usually identical.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
It makes me wonder if Dedede's chances are as good as everyone thinks. He will most likely be in tho.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kirby isn't using Dedede's Hammer...He's using Bonker's Hammer...

They just look the same.

Besides, King Dedede uses it as his weapon like Link rather than as a special

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede is the one character from ANY kirby game that I have wanted to play as in a game...

Devastlian

Smash Lord

I have a good feeling this move wont be like Bowsers.

The move could have like, a directional area like F-Kick or Fox-Fire. And he crashes down with his belly.
How 'bout a combination of the high-jump ability and his ground pound? Like, Mr. Game & Watch's Fire into Yoshi's Ground Pound but a little slower. Maybe have it have a little bit more horizontal movement than Kirby's Final Cutter.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Dedede is the one character from ANY kirby game that I have wanted to play as in a game...
You ever played Kirby 64? You got to play as him for like... two stages. lol.
Anyway... Dedede's in. Never you guys fear. Sakurai said he needed more villains. Just as long as they don't use the American Dub voice, I'll be happy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone who doubts King Dedede is stupid. Highest on Sakurai's poll from Melee was in Melee [hint: Marth], and King Dex3 is the highest on Sakurai's Brawl poll. He's got massive fanbase, is ten times as important to the Kirby series as Meta Knight [who is confirmed], and is already in the game as far as I care. He's in the game already.

[end thread, outside of movesets and all. Until he's confirmed at least]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyway... Dedede's in. Never you guys fear. Sakurai said he needed more villains. Just as long as they don't use the American Dub voice, I'll be happy.
Yeah...but that's only short of playing as him...Not really

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well, i know they're using a japanese voice actor for metaknight, so...yes be happy

dedede for brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meta-Knight talks?!?!??
Meta-Knight should be the only character from Kirby that should talk...

I hope they use the cute Dedede and not the Crude joke Dedede like in the show and some other stuff...like the Melee trophy

Kentalish

Smash Lord
yea dude meta Night talks... i liked his american voice actor he was really good. also dededes... for the fire emblem characters are the only ones that should have *** voices because they wer japan only for a bit.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
yea dude meta Night talks... i liked his american voice actor he was really good. also dededes... for the fire emblem characters are the only ones that should have *** voices because they wer japan only for a bit.
I love Dedede's voice actor. I always imagained him with a southern accent, and it works pretty well. Meta Knight reminds me of Antonio Banderas.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede's REALLY sucked

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
You MUST BE JOKING.

their American voices are horrible.

let's stick with their Japanese one, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi_bpa3wi5o

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Shuma... Dedede is going to be in do you know why... cuz i do. first off Dedede is a penguin thats plus points. He has a hammer only 2 other characters use a hammer... well 1 cuz kirby only had 1 move with a hammer thats unique. He was number one on the polls and hes Masahiro Sakurai creation

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Thats not very nice :(. but anyways moving on Dedede will be awsome I really hope Masahiro Sakurai doesnt feel bad for putting in to may of his characters even though like 5 characters are mario so why not put more of his characters in... and i know Ice climbers are his creation to... but still if this is the last smash game he makes then he should be in.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Thats not very nice :(. but anyways moving on Dedede will be awsome I really hope Masahiro Sakurai doesnt feel bad for putting in to may of his characters even though like 5 characters are mario so why not put more of his characters in... and i know Ice climbers are his creation to... but still if this is the last smash game he makes then he should be in.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa..........................

the ICs aren't Sakurai's creation.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Meh, dedede is a shoe in, come on... he's a blue penguin with a hammer.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
thats what i heard from other people... maybe they were in one of his games then
nope. you don't know how far off you are. Sakurai didn't make video games until he was 19, which was like in 1990. ice climber came out in...1985, as one of the first games for the NES. he's only made the kirby series and the smash series. that's it

dedede for brawl

Top Bottom