• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Akiak

Smash Ace
Since I love making movesets here is mine:

Speed-**
Weight-*****
Power-*****
Jump-***
Attacking speed-***
Recovery-**

B-Hammer swing-Damage-Medium
B>-Strong hammer swing-Damage-High
B^-Flaming hammer-Damage-High
Bv-Earthquake-Damage-High

A-Punch-Low
AA-Punch-Low
AAA-Kick-Medium
A>-Hammer spin-Medium
A^-Hammer throw-High
Av-Hammer squash-Very High

Aerial A-Spin attack-Low
Aerial Av-Ground Pound

Smash-Inhales enemy and spits him out powerfully(can't swallow)-High
Smash >-Hammer becomes giant and squashes enemy-Very High
Smash ^-Does Kirbies Final cutting move with his hammer-Damage-High
Smash v-Cape(Defensive)

Dash attack-Slides on the floor on his back-Medium

Taunt-Screams
Entrance-?
Winning Dance 1-Juggles many hammers
Winning Dance 2-Simply dances
Winning Dance 3-Does an evil laugh
Final smash-Screams and calls millions of Waddle Dees that stampede through the stage-Damage for every Waddle Dee that hits the enemy-Very high

What makes him unique:
Can float like Kirby but only 3 times

Well what do you think?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm afraid I'm going to have to bump this thread.

If only due to the need to hear the new announcer say "The winner is: Dedede Daiyo!
Dedede is an obvious for Smash...Much more people support his inclusion than this thread implies...just no one doubts his inclusion so he doesn't need as much support.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I bet the reason you couldnt play as kirby at E for All is because they are removing his hammer ability. this would improve king dedede chances IMO. but this is all a guess.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They actually showed Kirby using his hammer in the fight with Petey in the SSE videos shown. And, well, it's different (seemingly for the better) so I doubt they'd remove it now.

Even so, I don't think this really has much bearing on King Dedede since it is just one attack...Final Cutter is a Sword attack in the newer games (it might have a different name but it's still the same attack...I don't think that's been associated with Cutter since KSS) and Meta Knight's still in...<_<

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya know, the only character I really wanna see in SSBB is King Dedede and, despite him being the only one, I still don't think he's 100%. I do think he has better chances than most of the other characters, though.

So ya, King Dedede for SSBB.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
*Warning! Pissed off Kirby Fan Aproaching!* >=(

They actually showed Kirby using his hammer in the fight with Petey in the SSE videos shown. And, well, it's different (seemingly for the better) so I doubt they'd remove it now. [ HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THIS?!?! THIS IS WHAT THE HAMMER LOOKS LIKE IN KIRBY'S WORLD!!!:mad::mad::mad:
DeDeDe's hammer, huh? well why isn't it Bonker's ??? that's where he get the Hammer hat from. Kirby CAN'T suck King DeDeDe FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!! ]

Even so, I don't think this really has much bearing on King Dedede since it is just one attack...Final Cutter is a Sword attack in the newer games (it might have a different name but it's still the same attack...I don't think that's been associated with Cutter since KSS) and Meta Knight's still in...<_< [NO, final cutter is an attack you get from the cutter hat. IT IS IN EVER GAME. you can't use final cutter with the sword hat, what the hell are you talking about????
What is this have to do with Meta Knight?? he never did an attack that resemble final cutter in any game.:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah that person doesn't know what they were talking about but I don't think they meant to say that the Hammer affected Dedede's chances...

Also, in Kirby Squeek Squad, they gave the ability "Final Cutter", or at least an ability very similar to it, to the Sword ability.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Yeah that person doesn't know what they were talking about but I don't think they meant to say that the Hammer affected Dedede's chances...

Also, in Kirby Squeek Squad, they gave the ability "Final Cutter", or at least an ability very similar to it, to the Sword ability.
thats very true, "final cutter" is used in both the hats, but I can't see what's this have to do with Meta Knight...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
By "his" I meant Kirby as in "Kirby uses Kirby's hammer". I was responding to someone who said that if the developers removed Kirby's hammer move, then King Dedede's chances would increase...which I don't think has anything to do with King Dedede's chances (I pretty much said what you said a couple pages back). Anyway, Kirby uses the hammer in footage from E for All and attacks differently with it so, since he still has it and they altered it, he'll probably still have it in the final game. ...That's what I was saying.

I related this to Meta Knight because, since people were saying that one of Kirby's moves effected the chances of a character who uses that weapon almost exclusively, Meta Knight's chances were seemingly uneffected by Kirby using a move involving a sword.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I love this King Dedede picture so much ^_^ how adorable, just thought all Dedede fans should see.
Wow thats Cute....if I didn't know any better I'd think it was a picture of him from brawl.

I'd say he has 85% - 95% chance of fighting in brawl. If he looks like that picture in brawl I'll be very happy :cool:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
silver, you're my hero. Anyway, I think I will rethink this Kirby copying thing. 20 bucks says that's part of the reason he wasn't in the demo (Kirby, that is).

Anyway, assuming Sakurai is true to his games and doesn't allow Kirby to copy D3/MK, would he still be able to at least suck them in and spit them out??

D

Deleted member

****! That looks so real. It is magnificent. Who ever made that gets a Gold Star. oO;;

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The person who made it was actually going to use it to start a rumor. It's really nice though.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
silver, you're my hero. Anyway, I think I will rethink this Kirby copying thing. 20 bucks says that's part of the reason he wasn't in the demo (Kirby, that is).

Anyway, assuming Sakurai is true to his games and doesn't allow Kirby to copy D3/MK, would he still be able to at least suck them in and spit them out??
don't you think that's a little...cheap grim? i mean it's true to the series, but that gives Meta and Dedede an advantage over Kirby in a 1v1 match. i would personally love to see Kirby don Meta's Mask and use the Mach Tornado

I love this King Dedede picture so much ^_^ how adorable, just thought all Dedede fans should see.
nice pic. it's actually believable. props to whoever made it

Dedede for Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, Meta-Knight's mach tornado in Smash works almost exactly like Kirby's tornado power in the game...(Well, close)

Meta-Kirby would be awesome to see!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't make an exception; since when is SSB "exactly" canon to respective franchises? Sakurai said he's creating this game with balance in mind, I don't think he's purposely imbalance one of his character from the get go by not being able to use it's B move.

Though perhaps instead of sucking up Metaknight and King Dedede Kirby would just drag their weapon from their hands and get their powers that way (of course after doing this King Dedede and Metaknight would still have their weapon).

I just want to see Meta and DDD Kirby hats <3

-Knight

the grim lizard

Smash Master
don't you think that's a little...cheap grim? i mean it's true to the series, but that gives Meta and Dedede an advantage over Kirby in a 1v1 match. i would personally love to see Kirby don Meta's Mask and use the Mach Tornado
First, I just said I'd give it some thought. I think for one, it'd be one of those little easter eggs into the game like Mario's wall jump or Link's usable Hyrulian shield. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal, though. Kirby's copy ability isn't that important in using him. Historically, it's been difficult even inhale the person, not to mention that it was so easy to pummle it out of him. And even if they fixed those things, it'd still only be one move. It doesn't hurt Kirby that much. It's just like how Bowser had a disadvantage against Fox in Melee, Kirby would have a slight disadvantage fighting against his two rivals. It's part of the game.

But, again, I could see it either way.

I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't make an exception; since when is SSB "exactly" canon to respective franchises? Sakurai said he's creating this game with balance in mind, I don't think he's purposely imbalance one of his character from the get go by not being able to use it's B move.

Though perhaps instead of sucking up Metaknight and King Dedede Kirby would just drag their weapon from their hands and get their powers that way (of course after doing this King Dedede and Metaknight would still have their weapon).

I just want to see Meta and DDD Kirby hats <3

-Knight
I wouldn't mind seeing Kirby do those moves, too, but they are Sakurai's owns series. I could easily see him making that true to his games since they are his games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eat this non-Believers...

Another one to cross out!!!

Yes...

Though he looks weird

GenG

Smash Lord
**** yeah. Obvious, but **** yeah anyway.

Another heavyweight to the list.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
finally! this is also the first time (i think) that we see kirby with a hat in brawl, in the last picture he is wearing dedede's

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Congrats all supporters of King Dedede! I'm happy for you guys. I personally believed he wasn't going to get in myself, but I did think he had a chance.

Now that he is in, I'm glad that he is, because he looks like a pretty awesome edition to the roster!

Top Bottom