• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yes! I knew it all along... and it looks like Sakurai finally got over his modesty about his creations...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love the lulz. We're getting every fan asked character would could hope for. Krystal and Ridley yeah they are definitly in.
I now offiically think that Ridley is the most likely character for Brawl as a newcomer, shortly followed by Lucario. Anyhoo, check out this video I made of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_sSBGdkhQ

Ya, Fountain of Dreams orchestrated ROCKS! :) So ya, King Dedede for IN BRAWL, b***ches! :laugh:

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Bleh...I'm glad with this choice...hated anime Dedede...he shattered my image of Dedede into pieces and gave him a southern accent...

Please no Dedede voice actor!!!
D: true story!

but I wouldn't worry, Metaknight when from being hispanic to hardcore in his transition, probably something similar for the big ol' penguin. :D

Hong

The Strongest
Bleh...I'm glad with this choice...hated anime Dedede...he shattered my image of Dedede into pieces and gave him a southern accent...

Please no Dedede voice actor!!!
Please do not EVER, EVER refer to the horrible American dub of the anime. It is horrible, horrible, AWFUL. His Japanese voice actor, however, is amazing and was picked by Sakurai-san himself.
Quick example, couldn't find anything better;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wICh2UmOcxM
His seiyu is absolutely wonderful. He's a funny character so he needs a funny voice, just as long as it's not annoying. He also apparently says "zoi" after most of his sentences. Whether or not Sakurai chooses to have that in Brawl is up to him.

Check our my King Dedede stage idea which I posted months ago!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112778

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I now offiically think that Ridley is the most likely character for Brawl as a newcomer, shortly followed by Lucario. Anyhoo, check out this video I made of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_sSBGdkhQ

Ya, Fountain of Dreams orchestrated ROCKS! :) So ya, King Dedede for IN BRAWL, b***ches! :laugh:
I agree. Ridley, and Lucario (Even though I don't want Lucario in XP) have high chances now.

I hope they bring back King DeDeDe's theme from the previous Nes-Snes theme back as his main theme. That'd be the best thing EVER.

Hong

The Strongest
<3 I love King Dedede he's my favorite Kirby character (after Kirby of course) I can't wait to use him ^_^ Hopefully he'll be able to float a bit, letting him have the best jumping prowess of any heavy weight.

I love this week ^_^

-Knight
Hehe. As adorable and amazing as Kirby is, I have always preferred Dedede even though he's a total loser! I mean, the guy is hilarious. Funny, ambitious and over-the-top greedy. To each their own. <3

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Please do not EVER, EVER refer to the horrible American dub of the anime. It is horrible, horrible, AWFUL. His Japanese voice actor, however, is amazing and was picked by Sakurai-san himself.
His seiyu is absolutely wonderful. He's a funny character so he needs a funny voice, just as long as it's not annoying. He also apparently says "zoi" after most of his sentences. Whether or not Sakurai chooses to have that in Brawl is up to him.

Check our my King Dedede stage idea which I posted months ago!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112778
I think that's the amazing voice actor from Ragnarok the Animated Series... The evil wizard if I recall. Sounds JUST like him anyway. <3 love it.

edit:awww. I'm wrong, either way, amazing voice.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I guess that means Ridley, Geno and Olimar are sure to follow as playable too! Along with Megaman, Claus and WW Link!

I have no idea who most of the others are, I shall check up on them later. :laugh:

Insd

Smash Rookie
...I bet he only has three midair jumps, then his up b, whatever it is. He is a heavy character, after all. $20 dollars betting that Dedede's final smash involves his belly turning into a huge eye that shoots Dark matter!
40$ says it has something to do with him and that bloody racing mini game from superstar. He was so unnaturally fast. If he can inflate as a heavyweight, we can expect him to be the char new players flock to.

Spicer

Smash Rookie
King Dedede should be fun, a heavyweight who can float like Kirby. Hope they dont make him too slow.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
King Dedede, I've already decided he's one of my mains...no matter what his play style or tier is

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I guess that means Ridley, Geno and Olimar are sure to follow as playable too! Along with Megaman, Claus and WW Link!

I have no idea who most of the others are, I shall check up on them later. :laugh:
Ridley was next on Sakurai's poll for the most votes I think...he might have been tied with someone else. But after Ridley was Geno I think (Geno had either 4 or 2 votes), then tied at 3 were Krystal, WW Link, and I think (don't believe me 100% on this) Captain Olimar?, and maybe some random dumb character as well. And as for that Cluas statement...is a bit of a stretch, I must say. Simply put, Ness > GOD > Lucas > Claus > Pokey (Pokey is funny, though). Still...ya never know. ;)

Wasn't Dedede on the poll? How was he and who was he close to?
He got 7 votes, and was #1 on the poll in Sakurai's Brawl poll. In Sakurai's Melee poll, Marth won with 8 votes. Proof that Sakurai ALWAYS ADDS THE MOST DESIRED CHARACTERS....plus a few randomly awsome ones! :)

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
kilroy said:
King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
straight from the post.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Thats quite an enterance. I can't wait to see his taunts. I'm sure we'll see some comical ones.
Yep. I hope his Up taunt is that Super Man Jump attack, that would be quite hilarious. (Considering if it was one of his moves I don't think it'd be so great.)

I'll laugh if the Stadium Fight is a stage for DeDeDe. (The one from Kirby Super Star, considering his supposed stage enterance is well platform with that stage's design)

I love this game. Now we need Marx.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Yep. I hope his Up taunt is that Super Man Jump attack, that would be quite hilarious. (Considering if it was one of his moves I don't think it'd be so great.)

I'll laugh if the Stadium Fight is a stage for DeDeDe. (The one from Kirby Super Star, considering his supposed stage enterance is well platform with that stage's design)

I love this game. Now we need Marx.
OMG. That stage would rock. With all the Kirby Characters in the stands. That and the top of Castle Dedede. But the one thats in the air, floating above Dreamland. Kinda like Lylat cruise.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw, so out of Sakurai's Brawl poll, Geno is the highest character up there left, followed by Captain Olimar, Krystal, Wind Waker Link, and Takamuru (all tied) (aka lame Japan only green haired guy who wishes he was as cool as Wind Waker Link). So that means most of them have a good chance....hopefully not Takamuru. If Sakurai wants a good classic character, he'd get Balloon Fighter! XD

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
OMG. That stage would rock. With all the Kirby Characters in the stands. That and the top of Castle Dedede. But the one thats in the air, floating above Dreamland. Kinda like Lylat cruise.
Yep, and Luigi would be there and everything. XD. That too would also rock. I can't wait to see all the My Music (s) for the stages/whole game.

Heh, i say he can inflate, if youve played the kirby games, youve seen him inflate
I could see that as his Final Smash, he can chase you down, and does sort of like what Sonic does, but a little bit crazier (such as being able to suck you up, spit you out, etc.)

Or as his >Taunt. XD.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Woaw, so out of Sakurai's Brawl poll, Geno is the highest character up there left, followed by Captain Olimar, Krystal, Wind Waker Link, and Takamuru (all tied) (aka lame Japan only green haired guy who wishes he was as cool as Wind Waker Link). So that means most of them have a good chance....hopefully not Takamuru. If Sakurai wants a good classic character, he'd get Balloon Fighter! XD
you forgot Ridley, who's tied with Geno.

i also didn't C&P the characters with only 2 mentions. out of the 2's, though, we do have Lucas.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
I grew up on many Nintendo games, and I've always, always adored the Kirby series. Seeing the trio together in that last screenshot makes me so happy~

$20 dollars betting that Dedede's final smash involves his belly turning into a huge eye that shoots Dark matter!
Dude, that would be way too awesome. *_*

Kenichi Ogata. <3

And I've already said this, but I love his model. To be honest, my favorite model of him was the Kirby 64 one, and I guess I'd have prefered that; the one Sakurai used looks more like the Kirby Air Ride one. Though it makes sense, I think (and it's cute X33).

If anyone is still wondering, these were the ones with more than 1 vote in that Japanese Poll (though there's a thread for this, and all):

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawashima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Hong

The Strongest
I say his Final Smash will be Robo Mecha Dedede-zoi! It's the most awesomely ridiculous robot evar! ^.^

It could grab people with it's claw and then drill them, or perhaps fire a huge laser beam from it's mouth. xD

Either, that or they'll play on Dedede's desire to industrialize and have him drop a huge castle on his competition.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I say his Final Smash will be Robo Mecha Dedede-zoi! It's the most awesomely ridiculous robot evar! ^.^

It could grab people with it's claw and then drill them, or perhaps fire a huge laser beam from it's mouth. xD

Either, that or they'll play on Dedede's desire to industrialize and have him drop a huge castle on his competition.

Or he summons his mother, in an ironic twist turns out to be Dyna Blade. XD That'd be quite shocking. LOL.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
:O Robo Mecha Dedede would rock as his Final Smash, I could definitely see that. Maybe they could use the same model of the updated/upgraded one from that Kirby game for the Wii. Which reminds me... we need that game, now! >:E

Top Bottom