• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Looks like, from today's update (first pic), that Dedede has some sort of floaty jump (it's obviously different than a regular jump), where he inflates himself like in the games, whether this is multi-jumps or a Yoshi-type jump followed by limited gliding, we don't know.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey, I just noticed something. On the English site, we all know him as KING Dedede, see (look in bottom right-hand corner):

But on the Japanese site, he's simply "Dedede". Behold:

Also, just for I could go back and use before its too late to go back:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
all im saying is i wished they would have put in wind waker link or boswer jr then king deddy
Your saying they should have put in those HORRIBLE choices instead of the best character to date they added?

Anyway what's your proof those characters are not in? Your saying he had to choose between Dedede and those characters and abandoned them to not be in? Well, I say YAY to you brilliant Sakurai!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
all im saying is i wished they would have put in wind waker link or boswer jr then king deddy
And you have definitive proof that Bowser Jr. and Wind Waker Link are not in the game? If so please state your sources. Also considering that King Dedede was the most popular character on the poll it was pretty obvious that his inclusion was likely.

-Knight

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
well i guess the bigger the roster the better and mabey i will like him (i dount it)
but the bigger roster the better

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well i guess the bigger the roster the better and mabey i will like him (i dount it)
but the bigger roster the better
You some some kind of warped Bias against Dedede...doesn't seem to make any sense

especially when the characters you DO want are just alternate version of other characters apparently

crispy 15

Smash Apprentice
i don't have anything aginst him i just said i would rather have other chars but i did say THEY BIGGER THE ROSTER THE BETTER SO I AM GLAD BUT WHEN I PLAY HIM ILL TELL U WHAT I THINK

bushidoyoshi

Smash Rookie
Dedede looks interesting. I'm just a tad bit worried about his Up B.

Nope. NO ONE knew this.

j/k
Heh yeah, I was waiting for a sarcastic remark to that comment :p. I'm a little new to the forums as you can tell :ohwell:...but at least I still assumed everyone knew about it!

Hong

The Strongest
Meta is awesome too, where's the love?
Because Meta Knight is the Sephiroth of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. He's cool and all, but people give him WAY too much credit and he's going to be so overplayed in Brawl. Being a fan of Kirby since Kirby's Adventure, I of course have respect for Meta Knight however in the world of Super Smash Brothers he's such a boring character.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Interesting how it's "King Dedede" in the English picture and "Dedede" in the Japanese picture. Meta Knight also appears to be one word in the Japanese version, too.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Interesting how it's "King Dedede" in the English picture and "Dedede" in the Japanese picture. Meta Knight also appears to be one word in the Japanese version, too.
I JUST SAID THE SAME THING ELSEWHERE!

...Though I forget if it was on this topic or another...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad King DeDeDe finally gets a shot in Smash, he's one of my all time favorite Nintendo villains and hope he will be a fun character to use.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
I think Dedede will be 'at least' Bowser's speed.. That hammer he weilds is bigger than Kirby/Mario/Pikachu, seriously, that thing is going to slow the big guy down.. Despite his slowness, I will attempt to main him because he's a friggin penguin, I love penguins..

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I was thinking of his speed somewhat like Ganon. His aerial in my opinion is about slow like Kirby. Horizontal distance like Sheik and verticle distance like ganon.

metalink007

Smash Rookie
King dedede doesn't suck i know he won't be slow because he's not slow in the games he can float too

floating is awesome

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I'm expecting him to have some laggy attaacks, in most of his battles he takes a while to react after like when he pounds his hammer or his jump. But hes not all that slow, except in nightmare in dreamland and squeek squad. He was faster in the older games it seems.

Hes a way cool character, and I cant wait to try him out. Ill probally make him one of my mains. He looks awesome.

Top Bottom